ADVERTISEMENT

Cure for COVID-19 found?

Yep, would have been a day I would have 100% believed big Pharma only had our best interest at heart.
Whether it's Ivermectin or a similar compound, it has to be tested in clinical trials and presented to the FDA for authorization. Pfizer will do that for a new similar compound because it MIGHT make a return on its investment. Ultimately, the price will suggest whether they have our best interest at heart.

Who said if Trump was president they weren’t taking it?
Absolutely nobody, that's who.

But spin away.

I recall something along the lines of a VP candidate saying that if a vaccine approval was ORDERED by the president, over widespread scientific objections, ahead of schedule just to meet the goal of influencing the 2020 election, then we all should doubt its safety.

Which is a 100% valid criticism, both then and now.

For a recent example, the full approval,of the Pfizer vaccine, after the normal time of review and following all FDA scientific review protocols, should add tremendous confidence to taking it, even among the most ardent skeptics, if they have a brain.

It would be nice if some of those treatments were available before you’re near death. Also some I think are restricted to older folks.

Is one of those treatments called BAM?
BAM was the first antibody infusion we gave. Regeneron is the one we use now and it’s a combo of two infusions. The restrictions are the same and it’s not for people “near death”. In fact, if you come to the ER where I work and you’re sick enough to be admitted (basically, do you need supplemental oxygen), you can’t get the antibody infusion. You’ll be admitted and receive remdesivir IV. To get the infusion you have to be within 10 days of symptoms starting, not 10 days of a positive test. If you under a certain age, you have to meet certain comorbidity requirements like hypertension or be overweight. I have never given ivermectin to anyone with covid.

We'd all love it. And there are FDA authorized monoclonal antibody COVID therapies (what likely saved Trump's bacon) available. If I get a bad case, I'll look for something that's got real data supporting it. The CFP article suggesting a Pfizer study of another protease inhibitor is data supporting Ivermectin is absurd.
If you wait until you have a "bad case," it could be too late for monoclonal antibody treatment to be effective. You need to have the treatment as soon as possible after you are diagnosed. Once you are in the hospital, it's too late for the treatment to be beneficial. Also, you are not going to receive monoclonal antibody treatment unless you have a high risk of hospitalization or death (e.g., 65 or older, pregnant, immunocompromised, etc.). I believe you may also be eligible if you have been exposed to Covid and are at high risk of hospitalization or death.

BAM was the first antibody infusion we gave. Regeneron is the one we use now and it’s a combo of two infusions. The restrictions are the same and it’s not for people “near death”. In fact, if you come to the ER where I work and you’re sick enough to be admitted (basically, do you need supplemental oxygen), you can’t get the antibody infusion. You’ll be admitted and receive remdesivir IV. To get the infusion you have to be within 10 days of symptoms starting, not 10 days of a positive test. If you under a certain age, you have to meet certain comorbidity requirements like hypertension or be overweight. I have never given ivermectin to anyone with covid.
I read a few minutes ago that some places will give monoclonal antibody treatment to high risk individuals who have been exposed to Covid but have not yet tested positive. I would assume that requires some type of significant exposure (e.g., spouse is symptomatic) and/or significantly elevated risk factors?

It's in this article, about halfway down: https://www.wesh.com/article/desant...nce-with-fdem-chief-medical-officer/37500165#

It seems to be different from hospital to hospital on the infusion? Maybe not, maybe people get confused?

How hard would it be to explain this to the public. It would stop a lot of confusion.

Last edited:
Absolutely nobody, that's who.

But spin away.

I recall something along the lines of a VP candidate saying that if a vaccine approval was ORDERED by the president, over widespread scientific objections, ahead of schedule just to meet the goal of influencing the 2020 election, then we all should doubt its safety.

Which is a 100% valid criticism, both then and now.

For a recent example, the full approval,of the Pfizer vaccine, after the normal time of review and following all FDA scientific review protocols, should add tremendous confidence to taking it, even among the most ardent skeptics, if they have a brain.
It was obvious they meant to say if Trump’s president I don’t trust the vaccine to take it.

Last edited:
So, if the idea is to keep people out of the hospital, presumably your physician can prescribe an infusion if they judge you're eligible. True?

To go with that, Biden has jumped the gun on the boosters. I am not getting a booster until the FDA approves it I don't care what Biden says.

You do realize there’s ivermectin for humans? A married couple (college educated) that are freinds of mine, wife vaccinated, husband not vaccinated, got Covid a few weeks ago. Wife got first and husband later. They were using Keflex, Zpac, vitamins c,d and zinc as prescribed by their doc. Their symptoms kept getting worse. Called their doc and asked about ivermectin. Doc had Covid and was about over it and had used ivermectin. He prescribed for my friends. Within couple days they both did complete turn around. They both believe it was miracle drug.

Talk to the FDA.

It was obvious they meant to say if Trump’s president I don’t trust the vaccine to take it.
Not what she said, at all.

Senator Kamala Harris said during Wednesday's vice presidential debate that she will only follow instructions from health experts on whether to take a coronavirus vaccine, not President Trump.

"PolitiFact | Biden, Harris distrusted Trump with COVID-19 vaccines, not the vaccines themselves" https://www.politifact.com/factchec...harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

So, if the idea is to keep people out of the hospital, presumably your physician can prescribe an infusion if they judge you're eligible. True?

Per Fauci's presser last week (maybe even two weeks ago), that is the goal on the monoclonal front. There is a push to get the treatments into primary care and other earlier stage physicians.

Per Fauci's presser last week (maybe even two weeks ago), that is the goal on the monoclonal front. There is a push to get the treatments into primary care and other earlier stage physicians.
If you’re still an unvaccinated adult, what are the odds you’ll go to a doctor when you first have symptoms?

Reactions: cosmickid
If you’re still an unvaccinated adult, what are the odds you’ll go to a doctor when you first have symptoms?

That's probably going to be the biggest challenge with utilization of these treatments. If we are being honest, if you are a VACCINATED adult, you may have an even lower probability of going to the doctor, particularly if you are not in a high risk category.

My kids have been sick in the past two weeks and my wife was sick as well. Kids did test negative (likely just a typical 24-hour flu + cold), but my wife never did (mild fatigue) and I never did (I never displayed any symptoms). My wife's excuse was, she didn't feel nearly as bad as she did when we had COVID, plus she is vaccinated and if my kids tested negative, she didn't want to have to pull them from school in the unlikely event that she was the sole positive carrier.

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, research has been and continues to be conducted to find effective medications to fight the virus. Various approaches are currently being used to treat COVID-19, including antiviral drugs, immunomodulators, and drugs that help manage the symptoms and complications caused by the virus. Some of these have been authorized or given emergency use in some countries, especially for emergencies. It is important to note that COVID-19 counseling and treatment should be performed by qualified medical professionals, and the decision to prescribe a specific treatment, such as Alprazolam, should be made by a physician based on the patient's clinical condition, available data, and treatment protocols adopted in each specific country. .
As far as I know, this is in case you are an elderly person.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT