ADVERTISEMENT

Cure for COVID-19 found?

BigSand01

Freshman
Aug 24, 2012
WHO advises that ivermectin (stromectol) used to treat COVID-19 ?

Prescriptions for ivermectin jumped to 88,000 in the week , up from just a few thousand a week prior to the pandemic and a four-fold increase since July, the CDC said.

Even though I'm not sick, I decided to make a reserve just in case. On the advice of a friend I bought it here. They didn't ask me for a prescription.

Has anyone used Ivermectin for Covid-19?

Reactions: HooDatGuy
You do realize there’s ivermectin for humans? A married couple (college educated) that are freinds of mine, wife vaccinated, husband not vaccinated, got Covid a few weeks ago. Wife got first and husband later. They were using Keflex, Zpac, vitamins c,d and zinc as prescribed by their doc. Their symptoms kept getting worse. Called their doc and asked about ivermectin. Doc had Covid and was about over it and had used ivermectin. He prescribed for my friends. Within couple days they both did complete turn around. They both believe it was miracle drug.

Prescriptions for ivermectin jumped to 88,000 in the week , up from just a few thousand a week prior to the pandemic and a four-fold increase since July, the CDC said.

Even though I'm not sick, I decided to make a reserve just in case. On the advice of a friend I bought it here. They didn't ask me for a prescription.

No, I got vaccinated.

I know I know, wacko righties.

No, I got vaccinated.
I got vaccinated too. So did my sis and brothers in law as well as many other friends. My sis and brother in law both got Covid and came off quarantine last week.

Why not hope for something that cures it if you get it?

I get a flu shot every fall. I’d love it if they came up with medication to cure it.

I think the point that is being missed (and I apologize if I am wrong), is this:

Hey, if you decide to take a combination of ginger extract and fish oil pills, and your Covid happens to go away, good for you. Maybe it was going to go away anyway, maybe not. However, stop using your anecdotal scenario as a means to try to convince/browbeat other vaccine reluctant people that the shot is somehow evil/ineffective/magnetic.
Just take your cure, keep your trap shut, and open wide for the ventilator if you do happen to contract the virus in spite or your medical prowess.
Fair?

I got vaccinated too. So did my sis and brothers in law as well as many other friends. My sis and brother in law both got Covid and came off quarantine last week.

I get a flu shot every fall. I’d love it if they came up with medication to cure it.
We'd all love it. And there are FDA authorized monoclonal antibody COVID therapies (what likely saved Trump's bacon) available. If I get a bad case, I'll look for something that's got real data supporting it. The CFP article suggesting a Pfizer study of another protease inhibitor is data supporting Ivermectin is absurd.

We'd all love it. And there are FDA authorized monoclonal antibody COVID therapies (what likely saved Trump's bacon) available. If I get a bad case, I'll look for something that's got real data supporting it. The CFP article suggesting a Pfizer study of another protease inhibitor is data supporting Ivermectin is absurd.
It would be nice if some of those treatments were available before you’re near death. Also some I think are restricted to older folks.

Is one of those treatments called BAM?

You do realize there’s ivermectin for humans? A married couple (college educated) that are freinds of mine, wife vaccinated, husband not vaccinated, got Covid a few weeks ago. Wife got first and husband later. They were using Keflex, Zpac, vitamins c,d and zinc as prescribed by their doc. Their symptoms kept getting worse. Called their doc and asked about ivermectin. Doc had Covid and was about over it and had used ivermectin. He prescribed for my friends. Within couple days they both did complete turn around. They both believe it was miracle drug.
I'm not sure as to why so many are eager to cast it off as Horse Paste or Horse Dewormer. It's prescribed to millions of people annually no?

I wouldn't recommend relying on it in lieu of a vaccine, but to my knowledge whether it is an effective therapeutic is still unclear (ongoing clinical trials).

It seems to me some are focusing their vaccination rate frustration on Ivermectin, and knowingly mischaracterizing it by referring to the animal form.

It would be nice if some of those treatments were available before you’re near death. Also some I think are restricted to older folks.

Is one of those treatments called BAM?
From WebMD:

"There are two authorized uses for monoclonal antibodies: To treat or stop COVID-19’s progression in a high-risk person who tests positive, and to prevent COVID-19 in a high-risk person who’s been exposed.

To qualify for the treatment of mild or moderate disease, a person must test positive for COVID-19, have had symptoms for fewer than 10 days, not be hospitalized or on oxygen because of COVID-19, and be at high risk for the disease to get worse.

The FDA has recently expanded what it means to be high-risk for severe COVID-19, Fales says. Many more people now may qualify for monoclonal antibodies, including those with high blood pressure, heart disease, a body mass index (BMI) higher than 30, an autoimmune disorder, people taking immunosuppressant drugs, and people who are pregnant."

200.gif

From WebMD:

"There are two authorized uses for monoclonal antibodies: To treat or stop COVID-19’s progression in a high-risk person who tests positive, and to prevent COVID-19 in a high-risk person who’s been exposed.

To qualify for the treatment of mild or moderate disease, a person must test positive for COVID-19, have had symptoms for fewer than 10 days, not be hospitalized or on oxygen because of COVID-19, and be at high risk for the disease to get worse.

The FDA has recently expanded what it means to be high-risk for severe COVID-19, Fales says. Many more people now may qualify for monoclonal antibodies, including those with high blood pressure, heart disease, a body mass index (BMI) higher than 30, an autoimmune disorder, people taking immunosuppressant drugs, and people who are pregnant."
Are the cost of the treatment the reason for restrictions? It seems so many people, young and old are told to quarantine themselves, drink lots of liquids, take vitamins c,d and zinc and stay away from hospitals. People do that, many end up calling an ambulance a days into the illness sick as can be and end up on a ventilator.

• Haha
Reactions: mike41703
I'm not sure as to why so many are eager to cast it off as Horse Paste or Horse Dewormer. It's prescribed to millions of people annually no?

I wouldn't recommend relying on it in lieu of a vaccine, but to my knowledge whether it is an effective therapeutic is still unclear (ongoing clinical trials).

It seems to me some are focusing their vaccination rate frustration on Ivermectin, and knowingly mischaracterizing it by referring to the animal form.
There you go! Your post hit the nail directly on the head.

No one I know refusing the vaccine has anything to do with ivermectin.

Absolutist on both sides. One side distrust science and its slow, tedious and sometimes contradictory process. The other side hates all things that seem Trumpy(whether they actually are or not).

Truth is no one knows... yet. If Ivermectin causes no harmful side effects and the supply is vast then who cares if someone takes it? Flip side, don't claim it to be a "cure" until the process is complete. And its very very far from complete.

Are the cost of the treatment the reason for restrictions? It seems so many people, young and old are told to quarantine themselves, drink lots of liquids, take vitamins c,d and zinc and stay away from hospitals. People do that, many end up calling an ambulance a days into the illness sick as can be and end up on a ventilator.
Cost, supply, side effects, and convenience. They require infusions (I think at least one can be injected, but that's only for when infusion isn't a possibility). But it sounds like there's a push to expand access in Florida and other hotspots.

Has anyone looked into who has recently bought stock in ivermectin.
It's generic. Many companies make it.

The original company who made it (Merck) is urgently advising everyone NOT to take it for any unapproved use.

It's a great drug for eradicating river blindness and being effective against other parasitic diseases, mostly tropical in nature and mostly affecting people without fat wallets. It was deserving of the Nobel prize in medicine, which its inventors won. That doesn't make it work against COVID.

Funny thing is, it does work against COVID in a test tube (in vitro). Like bleach does. Like UV light does. Like large caliber lead projectiles do. It just doesn't work in people, as far as we know, from the completed doubled blinded controlled clinical trials.

OK, but you guys have to try it first. Let me know how it works.

Has anyone looked into who has recently bought stock in ivermectin.
It’s inexpensive. Big Pharma not making any money on it.

As one hospital pharmacist told me, it’s readily available, inexpensive and big Pharma and others not making big money on it.

OK, but you guys have to try it first. Let me know how it works.
You guys? I know people that have had the human ivermectin prescribed and think it was a miracle drug. Btw they’re living and over Covid. Maybe their mind healed them. If it did that’s okay. The meds they were using weren’t helping and they were getting worse every day and scared.

• Haha
Reactions: mike41703

As one hospital pharmacist told me, it’s readily available, inexpensive and big Pharma and others not making big money on it.
And if you turn that just a little further it becomes a bullet in the conspiracy theorist proverbial gun.

Good for you. Flu shots are even less effective than Covid vaccinations.

Any ideas why so few people get flu shots each year? It doesn't seem like it has been politicized (yet).

And if you turn that just a little further it becomes a bullet in the conspiracy theorist proverbial gun.
Yep, would have been a day I would have 100% believed big Pharma only had our best interest at heart.

This impacts whether pharma invests in the clinical trials and probably why there are few Ivermectin trials underway in the US or Europe. ClinicalTrials.gov is tracking 75 worldwide.

I would also be cautious taking it just because some judge says they have to give it to you.

After all, when a judge says you won your case, well, maybe you just got what you asked for.

Original post looked like spam to me. Maybe he's the one making money.
Hopefully a democrat finds a med that helps us get over this stuff. The party can be applauded and all the rubes can be very thankful. 😂

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT