ADVERTISEMENT

Cultured meat

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot

What, does this meat listen to Bach and speak 8 languages? ;)

Singapore is a small island with no land for agriculture. A large majority of their food source is imported. So you can imagine securing their food supply is a primary concern for them. This pandemic actually put a spotlight on that as well.

Being able to produce more food on less land, and lab meat makes perfect sense. (Its entire survival plan is very similar to Israel's from its disproportionate armed force especially the air force to water security and food. Public bomb shelters etc)

Anyway, this will enable them to produce some of their food supply locally without sacrificing too much land. And it is the government's stated goal to produce, I think, like 30% of their food locally.

All this is about food security. They just don't want to be cut off from food supply too easily.

Singapore is a small island with no land for agriculture. A large majority of their food source is imported. So you can imagine securing their food supply is a primary concern for them. This pandemic actually put a spotlight on that as well.

Being able to produce more food on less land, and lab meat makes perfect sense. (Its entire survival plan is very similar to Israel's from its disproportionate armed force especially the air force to water security and food. Public bomb shelters etc)

Anyway, this will enable them to produce some of their food supply locally without sacrificing too much land. And it is the government's stated goal to produce, I think, like 30% of their food locally.

All this is about food security. They just don't want to be cut off from food supply too easily.
Parts is parts . . . .

History will look back at factory farming as complete and utter barbarism. I expect in the not too distant future we'll have mass produced, delicious synthetic meat, which is a great thing for the world.

As long as it taste good and is relatively good for you I am on board. The impossible burger does not taste good and is not healthy at all.

Are potato chips salty oil or oily salt?

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider

So, we’re sending you McNuggets?

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT