ADVERTISEMENT

Culture

Thyrsis

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Indianapolis
I think this is interesting:

In addition to my thoughts on the substance, I think everyone should keep in mind that at some point their ox might get gored too (which might have been the point of the author's reference to 'brown man'; not sure). From my perspective, and to that point, there's a lot of ignorant, anti-old ageist stuff going on here. I don't think it's really defensible, even if "we" decide it doesn't rank as high on the "offense" scale as the rest of the subject matter. But that could change. And then the loud and righteous opposition will be the target for their own very real shortcomings.

there's a lot of ignorant, anti-old ageist stuff going on here.

Ya think? I’d add sexist and racist too. The ageism focuses on white guys, not old blacks or females.

If you are an old white guy you act a certain way, think a certain way, and believe certain things. Those who espouse that stuff also believe women think and act a certain way and blacks must think a certain way.

This is all ignorant. It is all lazy. It is all emotional. It is all mostly devoid of intellectual effort.

Ya think? I’d add sexist and racist too. The ageism focuses on white guys, not old blacks or females.

If you are an old white guy you act a certain way, think a certain way, and believe certain things. Those who espouse that stuff also believe women think and act a certain way and blacks must think a certain way.

This is all ignorant. It is all lazy. It is all emotional. It is all mostly devoid of intellectual effort.

This seems to be your standard answer to things which you feel are accusations are being thrown at you -- which I think is being lazy; too reactive and emotional, and certainly devoid of any intellectual effort!
;)

Reactions: dahldc
This seems to be your standard answer to things which you feel are accusations are being thrown at you -- which I think is being lazy; too reactive and emotional, and certainly devoid of any intellectual effort!
What do you expect from an old white guy?

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT