ADVERTISEMENT

CTA vs Big Ten teams with winning record?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
On a slightly different topic than our terrible bowl game. Someone told me that CTA has yet to beat a Big Ten team that ended the season with a winning record other than Wisc this year. Is this true?

Yes it’s true. The Wisconsin bowl win gave him his 3rd win over a FBS team that finished with a winning record. His other two were FIU (2018) and Virginia (2018).

Reactions: CriticalObserver
On a slightly different topic than our terrible bowl game. Someone told me that CTA has yet to beat a Big Ten team that ended the season with a winning record other than Wisc this year. Is this true?
I honestly don't give a shit about beating Big Ten teams with winning records vs. Big Ten teams with losing records. All I know is that Allen has won 11 of his last 14 conference games, which is pretty damned impressive in this or any other P5 conference.

What I don't like is that he's 0-3 in bowl games, and that we embarrassed ourselves in the last two.

That stat is pretty much irrelevant this year. The conference was guaranteed to be exactly .500 this year. And with IU and OSU losing only 1 game combined, our schedule was virtually guaranteed to be teams with losing records.

If you listen to idiots like Boiler1987, this is the kind of takes you’ll get. I’m very upset about last Saturday. We can do better. But I also remember what 3-9 feels like. It’s just nice honestly, to not suck anymore.

Reactions: red hornet
Joe Tiller never lost less than 2 games during a Big Ten season, and Tom Allen only lost 1 Big Ten game by 7 points this season. Barry Alvarez's and Hayden Fry's best Big Ten record was 1 loss.

Tiller defeated fifteen Big Ten teams with Winning records and all ten conference teams and Notre Dame one or more times.

Tiller defeated fifteen Big Ten teams with Winning records and all ten conference teams and Notre Dame one or more times.
When was the last time Purdue finished with 1 BT loss and was ranked in the top 10? That will never happen with Brohm, even in the West.

When was the last time Purdue finished with 1 BT loss and was ranked in the top 10? That will never happen with Brohm, even in the West.

Actually, rather frequently since the last last global Pandemic and cancellation of the Indiana vs Purdue game.

ADVERTISEMENT