ADVERTISEMENT

CTA can change IUFB this weekend ... and the great goose dropping debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask you the same questions I asked other people (with no answer)- when did the birds poop and did it actually get cleaned up? If you're going to be critical, these things matter.
It doesn't matter when...That looks like a major goose party right there. Your telling me nobody noticed what looks like a few hundred geese hanging out in the stands? AND it looks like they were there for a while. I'm sure a few hundred didn't stop by for a moment, take a sh!t, and leave. How does that go un-noticed? Aren't there offices with windows right there in plain view?

And how bout the tweet NOT ONLY were concessions closed but the ones that were open ran out of stuff in the 2nd quarter wtf?

And they have the balls to charge 70 a whack? Thats nonsense! JR. High programs are run better!

Last edited:
It doesn't matter when...That looks like a major goose party right there. Your telling me nobody noticed what looks like a few hundred geese hanging out in the stands? AND it looks like they were there for a while. I'm sure a few hundred didn't stop by for a moment, take a sh!t, and leave. How does that go un-noticed? Aren't there offices with windows right there in plain view?

And how bout the tweet NOT ONLY were concessions closed but the ones that were open ran out of stuff in the 2nd quarter wtf?

And they have the balls to charge 70 a whack? Thats nonsense! JR. High programs are run better!
Great point! It's not like a flock of geese just all waited to go potty all at the same time in the same place. LOL.

There's no way hundreds of geese crapping all over the stands went unnoticed . The noise alone would have been noticeable to the field crew and staff.

No one cared.

Reactions: IUgradman
I would be very angry if that was a picture of my home stadium. Get some brooms and some towels, whatever it takes. Saying "birds poop outside" isn't good enough.

Someone above said "Do you get mad at Kroger when there is snow in the parking lot?" I don't know about mad, but lots of snow in the parking lot will affect sales. If the parking lot is a mess I may very well drive away unless I need something really bad. Goose shyte all over the bleachers at a football game can reasonably be assumed will affect future ticket sales, not to mention image.

I'll ask you the same questions I asked other people (with no answer)- when did the birds poop and did it actually get cleaned up? If you're going to be critical, these things matter.

The AD said they did not know about the poo until an hour before the game. There had been a late game the night before at TAH. The started addressing the mess at that point and cleaned or moved the fans that were affected, Those poop seats were largely unsold. They also say it wasn't geese but crows. I have to say I have not seen flocks of geese land up on high structures like that, but I don't know.

Cut Fred some slack on this one...

Crows are intelligent. Maybe they found out pu was going to be there and decided to leave them a welcoming "gift".

Do you blame them... Nobody likes pu;)

The AD said they did not know about the poo until an hour before the game. There had been a late game the night before at TAH. The started addressing the mess at that point and cleaned or moved the fans that were affected, Those poop seats were largely unsold. They also say it wasn't geese but crows. I have to say I have not seen flocks of geese land up on high structures like that, but I don't know.
Thanks for the info. I hope everyone who thinks the mess wasn’t addressed reads this.

Cut Fred some slack on this one...
I don't hate Fred...BUT he needs to learn football is the cash cow. I know it must be hard at IU. The dude makes what a half a mil a year? He has taken care of ALL the other spots (other sports) in regards to upgrades. Now its time to focus on the football team! It can be done and takes some creativity. Ticket prices, entertainment, concessions, pregame, advertising, band, night before bonfire or pep rally, alot of things can be done here. Get it done!

But in regards to your post and the concessions and sh!t at the bucket game. Inexcusable!

I don't hate Fred...BUT he needs to learn football is the cash cow. I know it must be hard at IU. The dude makes what a half a mil a year? He has taken care of ALL the other spots (other sports) in regards to upgrades. Now its time to focus on the football team! It can be done and takes some creativity. Ticket prices, entertainment, concessions, pregame, advertising, band, night before bonfire or pep rally, alot of things can be done here. Get it done!

But in regards to your post and the concessions and sh!t at the bucket game. Inexcusable!

Relax... It's the weekend and that was a joke...

In all seriousness however, having seen all sorts of vile stuff tossed at the Indiana team, staff and fans over the years up at that sand pile they call Ross Ade I can't say I'm at all concerned in the least about the pu fans distress or their discomfort... Screw em...

Now running out of "who knows what's actually in there" Dogs & pseudo Pizza "IS" inexcusable! There you have a legitimate gripe...;)

"your people"?

So, you don't really know what happened if you didn't go yourself. And I'd venture to say you didn't sit in bird poop, either.

In neither case were you affected. The horse is dead. Get off it.

LMAO...so, because I gave the couple in our group $20 that was heading to the concession stand, I am supposed to operate under the assumption that they chose to miss the first 10 minutes of the third quarter, ate the bountiful spread they purchased from the concession stand in the concourse, all in a long game ploy to save me $20, improve my health, and undercut Fred Glass' credibility in online chat rooms.

That's probably it. I'm sorry, Fred. I should have chaperoned them.

LMAO...so, because I gave the couple in our group $20 that was heading to the concession stand, I am supposed to operate under the assumption that they chose to miss the first 10 minutes of the third quarter, ate the bountiful spread they purchased from the concession stand in the concourse, all in a long game ploy to save me $20, improve my health, and undercut Fred Glass' credibility in online chat rooms.

They should have gone to the NEZ concession stand. That’s where I went at halftime and I walked right up to the counter and bought a hot dog.

Thanks for the info. I hope everyone who thinks the mess wasn’t addressed reads this.

I appreciate the info. It should not have happened, and I bet it won't happen again, but this helps explain how it did. This would have blown over if this had come from Glass directly within 48 hours of the game, IMHO.

I appreciate the info. It should not have happened, and I bet it won't happen again, but this helps explain how it did. This would have blown over if this had come from Glass directly within 48 hours of the game, IMHO.
It didn’t need to come from Glass. Nature happened, he sent someone to clean it up and move people in those seats. That doesn’t require a public announcement.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
They should have gone to the NEZ concession stand. That’s where I went at halftime and I walked right up to the counter and bought a hot dog.
If I’m standing in a long line at a concession stand I’m not sure I’m going to take the chance of trying a different one. I don’t want to miss more of the game than I have to. Would I get out of line to walk all the way to the north end zone just on the chance that the line might be shorter? If it isn’t then I’ve really messed up!

I wasn’t able to go to the Bucket Game because of family in town that weekend but after reading everyone talk about the concessions and goose poop problems I’m kind of glad I didn’t go. That’s probably not the feeling that IU wants people to have.

Reactions: IUgradman

I'm saying you don't know what was closed or what was available because you didn't see it yourself.

We had people in our group go to the concession stand outside Section 9 (I didn't go myself) and they had no problems.

The problems seemed to be localized. Last game of the year, this always happens.

If I’m standing in a long line at a concession stand I’m not sure I’m going to take the chance of trying a different one. I don’t want to miss more of the game than I have to. Would I get out of line to walk all the way to the north end zone just on the chance that the line might be shorter? If it isn’t then I’ve really messed up!

I wasn’t able to go to the Bucket Game because of family in town that weekend but after reading everyone talk about the concessions and goose poop problems I’m kind of glad I didn’t go. That’s probably not the feeling that IU wants people to have.
This is just my own personal strategy but when I see a long line, I poke around to find a shorter one before I get in it. It’s not like Memorial Stadium is that huge.
I’m not saying that things didn’t happen but they were either addressed at the time or easy for people to work around. These “controversies” are being drummed up by a handful of people pursuing personal agendas. The sad part is they just distract from real problems that we have that need to be addressed.

I'm saying you don't know what was closed or what was available because you didn't see it yourself.

We had people in our group go to the concession stand outside Section 9 (I didn't go myself) and they had no problems.

The problems seemed to be localized. Last game of the year, this always happens.
I went to the Purdue game last year and had to go to 3 concession stands to find one that had hot chocolate or coffee. They all ran out before halftime. No one made a Federal case out of it. Concession stands run out of things. Everywhere. Every game. In every sport at every level.

Reactions: DANC

Well, this is kind of lame. I was at the PU game and knew nothing about any goose poop and had no problem getting food. I suspect there were 40,000 or so other fans in the same boat.

This has gotten way way overblown here as many negative things are by certain people. The game was fun as are most games at IU. Try coming out to see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT