ADVERTISEMENT

CTA Appreciation

In keeping with the title of this thread, I appreciate that Coach Allen recently made the following comments to Hoosier Huddle, reflecting clear expectations and lofty goals:

"The bottom line is we want to win the Big Ten. It doesn't happen overnight. That's a long term goal that we're working towards, and obviously step number one for us is to get to a bowl game and win our bowl game ... So for me, the five year goal, the five year range, this is going into year three. The next step is to get to a bowl game and win the bowl game, and after that it is about every single year I want to be a relevant team in this conference. I want to be a team that is competing to win our division and ultimately go play in Indianapolis to go to the Rose Bowl."

Win six in '19. Go Hoosiers!

In keeping with the title of this thread, I appreciate that Coach Allen recently made the following comments to Hoosier Huddle, reflecting clear expectations and lofty goals:

"The bottom line is we want to win the Big Ten. It doesn't happen overnight. That's a long term goal that we're working towards, and obviously step number one for us is to get to a bowl game and win our bowl game ... So for me, the five year goal, the five year range, this is going into year three. The next step is to get to a bowl game and win the bowl game, and after that it is about every single year I want to be a relevant team in this conference. I want to be a team that is competing to win our division and ultimately go play in Indianapolis to go to the Rose Bowl."

If IU football is ever going to get back to the Rose Bowl it will be under Tom Allen

Brohm won overnight in the Big Ten. I am sick of the excuses. IU looked like a$$ multiple times in winnable games under Allen. He has had the talent to go bowling.

Brohm won overnight in the Big Ten. I am sick of the excuses. IU looked like a$$ multiple times in winnable games under Allen. He has had the talent to go bowling.

Multiple winnable games that the Hoosiers have fumbled over the past two years? It seems that the person who took the biggest beating when Purdue hammered Ohio State was CTA.

Reactions: UncleMark
I'm sick of the Brohm comparison. Bill Lynch went 7-6 in his first season, too, and we saw how that turned out.

Let's talk again after this season. With much of his offense gone, and the stench of Purdue's destruction at the hands of Auburn still hanging in the air, Brohm may well be trending down.

First Gradman is awfully focused on PU/Brohm and just loves to hammer Allen. The difference between PU and IU over last 2 years is TWO GAMES - yes both the bucket games and I'll concede IU didn't play with tremendous energy in either game. But give me a break, 2 win difference over 2 seasons is hardly a big gulf! And for the big PU win over OSU, they had some home field chokes of their own as well and a god awful Bowl game blowout last year after his "wonder year" performance of 6-6 again.

That said, it's all about looking forward. This season ahead everyone is currently undefeated. Let the 2019 season play out and then if IU does have a breakout year, we can see if Gradman and other negative nellie's will be able to come to the board and say "I was wrong, Allen has done it afterall." Or simply "Love that IU is going bowling. Looks like Allen has them on track." Basic accountability if they are proven wrong.

First Gradman is awfully focused on PU/Brohm and just loves to hammer Allen. The difference between PU and IU over last 2 years is TWO GAMES - yes both the bucket games and I'll concede IU didn't play with tremendous energy in either game. But give me a break, 2 win difference over 2 seasons is hardly a big gulf! And for the big PU win over OSU, they had some home field chokes of their own as well and a god awful Bowl game blowout last year after his "wonder year" performance of 6-6 again.

That said, it's all about looking forward. This season ahead everyone is currently undefeated. Let the 2019 season play out and then if IU does have a breakout year, we can see if Gradman and other negative nellie's will be able to come to the board and say "I was wrong, Allen has done it afterall." Or simply "Love that IU is going bowling. Looks like Allen has them on track." Basic accountability if they are proven wrong.

Maybe this should be under the predictions thread but I predict that if this year is a breakout year then GM and his ilk will say TA needs to back it up with another year.

Even if that happens will TA or Glass get any credit from them? Hell no. They will say TA was all set up because Wilson did all the hard work and Glass just got lucky with a no search hire!

Maybe this should be under the predictions thread but I predict that if this year is a breakout year then GM and his ilk will say TA needs to back it up with another year.

Even if that happens will TA or Glass get any credit from them? Hell no. They will say TA was all set up because Wilson did all the hard work and Glass just got lucky with a no search hire!

I doubt IU will go bowling. The schedule is more difficult and I have serious concerns about Allen’s coaching ability. IU can’t afford to hire a coach who has to learn on the job.

I doubt IU will go bowling. The schedule is more difficult and I have serious concerns about Allen’s coaching ability. IU can’t afford to hire a coach who has to learn on the job.
Any concerns about coach Wilson's coaching ability when he was at IU? Coach Allen has just two fewer losses than Wilson had in his two best years. Coach Allen proved his coaching hops the first two years running the defense after having terrible defenses before he got here. I just don't understand the negativity about coach Allen especially with the positive changes he has brought to IU football. Yes, we need to go to a bowl game and win more B1G games and those will come as this staffs recruits fill the roster.

Last edited:
If the Hoosiers had hired a proven coach like Sam Wysche when they got rid of Wilson the Hoosiers would be .......... wait for it ......... looking for their fourth coach in four years,

Reactions: vesuvius13
Tell me how I’m wrong in this view.... It’s not Allen that in the end is getting criticism, it’s the culmination of decades of missteps and fan frustration coming out only way it can. Objectively, I’m amazed how much the fan base does hang on. I know of no one that doesn’t believe Allen isnt doing great in recruiting, a stand up coach and a true Hoosier. We beat ourselves because of the many false hopes of the past that whether luck, incompetence or circumstance and it’s the coping mechanism.

If the Hoosiers had hired a proven coach like Sam Wysche when they got rid of Wilson the Hoosiers would be .......... wait for it ......... looking for their fourth coach in four years,
Do you mean the same Sam Wyche who was IU's head coach in 1983?

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT