ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal Ball for Mullen flips to IU

Not a flip. A "flip" is understood to be a change in his pick of where to commit, not a change in someone else's crystal ball picks, and he hasn't committed anywhere yet.

Lol You gave me your understanding and claimed it to be some fact. Well Tokyo, I use flip in the context of what it actually means. The crystal ball was pointing to Miami and this morning it FLIPPED to Indiana. So yes, it was a flip. Get a life...

This kid is really good. I have heard people in the program say at this point he is better than both his older brothers were. It would be huge to get a commitment from him.

Lol You gave me your understanding and claimed it to be some fact. Well Tokyo, I use flip in the context of what it actually means. The crystal ball was pointing to Miami and this morning it FLIPPED to Indiana. So yes, it was a flip. Get a life...
He’s actually correct the thread title is misleading and implies a commitment to somewhere else so very happy to see not true. Make it “flips” and it makes sense, but “flip” as a noun not correct.

Last edited:
He’s actually correct the thread title is misleading and implies a commitment to somewhere else so very happy to see not true. Make it “flips” and it makes sense, but “flip” as a noun not correct.

So grammatically its incorrect because its missing the "s".....correct. That doesn't make it misleading though. The title literally says, CRYSTAL BALL FLIP TO IU. It doesn't say commitment flip, as you're implying. So who's connecting dots incorrectly? Just because you took it that way doesn't mean what I put was inaccurate. That's on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I’m a Raiders fan and an IU fan. Obviously I love the Mullens. I think Tiawan will be a better pro than Trayvon. Trayvon is more of the Xavier Rhodes press CB type of guy. He’s ok. But not a high end player. Tiawan is amazing. Could be a Pro Bowl Slot CB in the NFL. He’s a stud. Trevell looks amazing on tape. Oh, and Lamar Jackson is their cousin. What a family.

Our life is hanging out on a forum waiting on news of a teenager picking our school lol

Using the word flip gets people temporarily excited that we caught one :)
Fair enough but I take the Crystal Ball flipS this morning at the start of his visit to mean we may be catching one here soon.

Fair enough but I take the Crystal Ball flipS this morning at the start of his visit to mean we may be catching one here soon.
So that would imply multiple Chrystal balls flipping. The way you have it now is fine.

And no it’s not the readers fault for believing you if you mistakenly post inaccurate info.

But thanks for bringing this info to our attention.

So that would imply multiple Chrystal balls flipping. The way you have it now is fine.

And no it’s not the readers fault for believing you if you mistakenly post inaccurate info.

What? Me saying "Crystal ball" would imply crystal ballS? Now you're making absolutely no sense. And if you're going to be a grammar troll, at least learn how to spell. Its Crystal, not Chrystal. ;)

If you are going to "correct" someone....you should at least be correct yourself. Otherwise,you look like an asshole who is also wrong

I read your post to read his "lean" had flipped to IU...

What? Me saying "Crystal ball" would imply crystal ballS? Now you're making absolutely no sense. And if you're going to be a grammar troll, at least learn how to spell. Its Crystal, not Chrystal. ;)
Neither T. Steve not I were correcting your grammar or spelling. We were simply pointing out that the way you titled your thread was saying something different than what you wanted people to know.

I think we both assumed that you, like us, care to post accurate info for other IU FB fanatics.

It wasn’t a big deal honestly and actually sort of amusing how changing one letter alters the entire meaning of the thread title (a totally ambiguous title would be “Chrystal balls for Mullen flip to IU”, which could legitimately have either meaning - the one you said or the one you meant to say).

Things only got ridiculous when you kept doubling down and insisting we are stupid for assuming “flip” means what 100% of the football forum world clearly understands it to mean.

But I’m glad your CHRISTEL BAWL was correct.

Neither T. Steve not I were correcting your grammar or spelling. We were simply pointing out that the way you titled your thread was saying something different than what you wanted people to know.

I think we both assumed that you, like us, care to post accurate info for other IU FB fanatics.

It wasn’t a big deal honestly and actually sort of amusing how changing one letter alters the entire meaning of the thread title (a totally ambiguous title would be “Chrystal balls for Mullen flip to IU”, which could legitimately have either meaning - the one you said or the one you meant to say).

Things only got ridiculous when you kept doubling down and insisting we are stupid for assuming “flip” means what 100% of the football forum world clearly understands it to mean.

But I’m glad your CHRISTEL BAWL was correct.

The first part of his subject line was "Crystal Ball.." Yes, we usually associate "flip" with a verbal commitment changing his mind but it was pretty obvious what he was saying solely by reading the entirety of the subject line and not just focusing on one word.

I don't know why you felt the need to nitpick at that but I don't believe any mods made you the subject line police. if they did, topics would have to go through your pre-approval.

ADVERTISEMENT