ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal ball for Mcculley

Yea, and your not pushing the pu “narrative” on an IU board. Please explain why you feel the need to come over here and look for approval, we care about our recruits , not yours . Spare me the “ I just want to talk football “ BS, you can go to gbi and do that, sort of.
I've talked about McCulley and how good of a get it is iu throughout this thread. Never once bashed IU or McCulley. I'm done explaining myself.

Because he's 5'9 175 lbs. He's a great athlete who is very raw at QB. Given Brohm's offensive style that requires QB's to go through multiple progressions down the field, that's an extremely tall task for a guy who is only 5'9. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but you just don't see many 5'9 175 lb QB's these days. Brohm has shown has willingness to bring in a QB nearly every class and every single one of them fit the prototypical 6'3, 200+ lb pocket passer.
Not sure where you pulled 5'9. Everything I've read besides rivals says 5'11. What's important for the downfield offense is his ability to extend plays with his legs and have a cannon of an arm. That running threat will make it more difficult to cover downfield. I believe that is what Brohm imagines. Unless I am forgetting a draft, the last two QB's drafted #1 have been sub 6'. Right? They are becoming more and more common. Could still grow to 6'1 as well. Lots of unknown. The potential is there though.

I've talked about McCulley and how good of a get it is iu throughout this thread. Never once bashed IU or McCulley. I'm done explaining myself.
No actually I counted once, maybe twice where you said he was a “good” get, to IU fans he is a great get btw. You have spent most of your time here whining about why IU fans don’t think Jackson will be a great qb at pu, and I even told you , he may well end up being great . NO ONE knows how either will end up at this point, but there are two things I do know. First, if Brohm could have landed McCulley, he would have, he knew where McCulley was headed and took what he felt was the next best option. Second, no matter how long you continue to whine, people here are going to feel McCulley has the higher upside as a QB in college, and beyond (as do analysts)

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
No actually I counted once, maybe twice where you said he was a “good” get, to IU fans he is a great get btw. You have spent most of your time here whining about why IU fans don’t think Jackson will be a great qb at pu, and I even told you , he may well end up being great . NO ONE knows how either will end up at this point, but there are two things I do know. First, if Brohm could have landed McCulley, he would have, he knew where McCulley was headed and took what he felt was the next best option. Second, no matter how long you continue to whine, people here are going to feel McCulley has the higher upside as a QB in college, and beyond (as do analysts)
I guess we will never know for sure on how exactly the commitments went down. Is what it is. Both teams got good QB's, as I've said multiple times. Excited for the season and the bucket. Should be one heck of a game. Can't remember a time where Purdue and iu played with very comparable talent levels.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I guess we will never know for sure on how exactly the commitments went down. Is what it is. Both teams got good QB's, as I've said multiple times. Excited for the season and the bucket. Should be one heck of a game. Can't remember a time where Purdue and iu played with very comparable talent levels.

Last year

Y'all keep saying he will be a slot WR, but can't give a reason why he isn't a QB...
You don’t think it is odd that Brohm is going to change his entire offensive philosophy for a guy that has not been a quarterback all that long? Also when does he start changing things? Next year? Does that mean that Jackson gets plugged in right away as the starter? If he is not the starter right away how long does he stay at Purdue and get on the field? Yes Purdue is set next year at wide receiver with Bell and Moore but what about the following year when Moore is gone? Are you going to leave an athlete like Jackson on the bench or are going to sit a starter at quarterback from the year before and start your change in philosophy? Kid is very talented but Purdue does already have talented guys in quarterback room that already fit Brohms philosophy? Just seems like a real stretch to me. Just my opinion.

You don’t think it is odd that Brohm is going to change his entire offensive philosophy for a guy that has not been a quarterback all that long? Also when does he start changing things? Next year? Does that mean that Jackson gets plugged in right away as the starter? If he is not the starter right away how long does he stay at Purdue and get on the field? Yes Purdue is set next year at wide receiver with Bell and Moore but what about the following year when Moore is gone? Are you going to leave an athlete like Jackson on the bench or are going to sit a starter at quarterback from the year before and start your change in philosophy? Kid is very talented but Purdue does already have talented guys in quarterback room that already fit Brohms philosophy? Just seems like a real stretch to me. Just my opinion.

Serious followers of Big Ten football know the process has already begun.

Reactions: BoilerN
I kind of felt IU was ahead of Purdue by the time the game came around because Purdue was missing so many guys tbh. I didn't think Purdue would be a dropped pass away from having a chance to win the game.

Both teams were missing key players so save the "injury card" for GBI.

And to your "play away" point, IU was a play away from it winning in regulation and three plays away from it being a yawner. Easy card to play isn't it?

Reactions: boston jamie

And to your "play away" point, IU was a play away from it winning in regulation and three plays away from it being a yawner. Easy card to play isn't it?
I wasn't really playing the injury card as an excuse. Simply saying I thought IU would win by more given Purdue was down to their freshman team.

As Des said, the process is started. Jackson and McCulley aren't the first dual threat QB's Brohm has recruited to Purdue. He tried to get a QB from Texas that ended up at Arkansas as part of what would have been a 2 QB class. Idk how much he really needs to change the offense to accommodate a dual threat QB though tbh.

As Des said, the process is started. Jackson and McCulley aren't the first dual threat QB's Brohm has recruited to Purdue. He tried to get a QB from Texas that ended up at Arkansas as part of what would have been a 2 QB class. Idk how much he really needs to change the offense to accommodate a dual threat QB though tbh.

And a dual threat grad transfer from UCLA is eligible for this fall.

And a dual threat grad transfer from UCLA is eligible for this fall.
You mean the guy that has played in 6 games (5 sparingly) in 3 years and threw for 1 TD while rushing for another ? Again, not sure why pu fans are over here so desperate to gain IU fan approval about your QB room, we don’t care. Makes it appear you’re trying to somehow justify losing McCulley to IU.

Last edited:
I put no stock in the Bucket Game scores because the history of the game is chock full of 10 point or less margins.

PU was down their Game 1 QB starter, AA receiver, LB, and DT.

IU had true freshmen at RB & LT and their backup QB (who admittedly was starter caliber and was outstanding) as well as a major contributor at LB.

I'm sure there more injuries peppered among the teams.

And it was a game PU could have won, but not one that it should have one considering IU being more or less in control most the game and but for the missed FGs would have been able to cruise to a close but somewhat comfortable victory.

But again, the history of the series tells us that we can't put too much stock in the score.

To be fair, they were on the equivalent of Danny Cameron at QB and were without a consensus 1st Team All-American playmaker and dropped 41 on us on a sloppy track to say the least. It's always difficult to beat your arch rival on the road, but we probably should have beaten them more soundly. Don't get me wrong, I'll take * wins til kingdom come against those bozos.

To be fair, they were on the equivalent of Danny Cameron at QB and were without a consensus 1st Team All-American playmaker and dropped 41 on us on a sloppy track to say the least. It's always difficult to beat your arch rival on the road on the road, but we probably should have beaten them more soundly. Don't get me wrong, I'll take * wins til kingdom come against those bozos.

The kid that played (can't recall his name) played out of his ass. They had multiple meh QBs while IU had an injured stud and a reliable backup. IU is the only team in the game with a high-end QB and he was hurt. Danny was a legacy and on the team only because of his Dad. I am a better QB than DC.

The injury card they play is fine but then IU could easily play the same card.

As i said, three plays from a yawner.

I put no stock in the Bucket Game scores because the history of the game is chock full of 10 point or less margins.

PU was down their Game 1 QB starter, AA receiver, LB, and DT.

IU had true freshmen at RB & LT and their backup QB (who admittedly was starter caliber and was outstanding) as well as a major contributor at LB.

I'm sure there more injuries peppered among the teams.

And it was a game PU could have won, but not one that it should have one considering IU being more or less in control most the game and but for the missed FGs would have been able to cruise to a close but somewhat comfortable victory.

But again, the history of the series tells us that we can't put too much stock in the score.

PU was down plenty. That said, their QB was no worse than their backup and close to the starter so that excuse doesn't fly.

IU was down the best QB in the matchup, the best running back in the matchup, the best OLM in the matchup, another starter OLM, a impact linebacker and team leader. The injury card didn't play out the way they want it to.

Credit to them though, they won every game they should have had they been full strength. Injuries did not cost them a single game.

The kid that played (can't recall his name) played out of his ass. They had multiple meh QBs while IU had an injured stud and a reliable backup. IU is the only team in the game with a high-end QB and he was hurt. Danny was a legacy and on the team only because of his Dad. I am a better QB than DC.

The injury card they play is fine but then IU could easily play the same card.

As i said, three plays from a yawner.

Sindelar wasn’t high-end? He would’ve put up big numbers if he had stayed healthy.

PU was down plenty. That said, their QB was no worse than their backup and close to the starter so that excuse doesn't fly.

IU was down the best QB in the matchup, the best running back in the matchup, the best OLM in the matchup, another starter OLM, a impact linebacker and team leader. The injury card didn't play out the way they want it to.

Credit to them though, they won every game they should have had they been full strength. Injuries did not cost them a single game.

You’re right. Purdue couldn’t have beaten Minnesota if Rondale and Sindelar had played the whole game. Same with Iowa. Both of those losses were by 7 points or less. But keep sticking to that narrative that injuries didn’t cost them a single game.

You’re right. Purdue couldn’t have beaten Minnesota if Rondale and Sindelar had played the whole game. Same with Iowa. Both of those losses were by 7 points or less. But keep sticking to that narrative that injuries didn’t cost them a single game.

Sindelar...QB3 if he played at IU. the kid that played, played just as well

And you stick to your narrative...it helps excuse a lot and plays well on gbi. Now that you guys have finally caught up on scoreboards, your excuses are getting thin.

Sindelar...QB3 if he played at IU. the kid that played, played just as well

And you stick to your narrative...it helps excuse a lot and plays well on gbi. Now that you guys have finally caught up on scoreboards, your excuses are getting thin.

That scoreboard is legit. 4th biggest in the country I believe.

And lol at QB3.

And lol at QB3.
Sindelar certainly wouldn't have been QB1 at IU last year. Gave away too many big INTs (which is why he got pulled in 2018 for giving away the opener to NW) and limited mobility. There's nothing he brings to the table that Penix wasn't equal or better at.

It's more debatable, but I don't think he'd have been QB2 at IU last year either. Peyton was HM All-Conference I believe without being an all year starter.

Probably would've gotten the #3 over Tuttle based on relative age/experience for the one season. But no one has seen enough of Tuttle to really use as a comparison.

Reactions: Chriselli

And lol at QB3.

I don't know what's funny about that? Nowhere near as accurate as Ramsey, worse TD/INT ratio, mobility is non-existent, etc, etc. Let's be real Sindelaar threw the ball 112 times in a little over 9 quarters because Purdue's line and RB's sucked. You throw the ball 52 times and each of your first two games you're expected to lead the country in passing yards. There was nothing spectacular about Sindelaar.

HELLO, you are on an IU board. Are you expecting ANYONE here to give PU props?

And lol at QB3.

About time on the board, that had to be embarrassing.

When will they address the field? Or the rest of the facility? Or the tailgate areas? Budgets are tight for awhile.

You think Sindular starts over PR? OK. I don't think it is a obvious decision either way, but PR was a solid reliable kid that was a good leader and a tough kid.

About time on the board, that had to be embarrassing.

When will they address the field? Or the rest of the facility? Or the tailgate areas? Budgets are tight for awhile.

You think Sindular starts over PR? OK. I don't think it is a obvious decision either way, but PR was a solid reliable kid that was a good leader and a tough kid.
That is a great question! Since bobinski came on board, they built some super nice facilities. The scoreboard was the start of the stadium project. They are finishing up plans for the 130 mil stadium project now. Covid19 will affect it a bit, but they were hoping to privately fund it anyways. Mark Hermanns is leading the charge on getting funding for it. They are talking about moving the north endzone closer, tearing down the top half of the north and east deck and adding a 2nd level and much more. They haven't released the final drawings. It is coming though. That is the final piece needed. Everything else is right there with or ahead of a lot of teams. I think they might do something similar to iu on the south endzone. Although students moving there is now possible?

As for the field, what's wrong with it? I know y'all like to say it's awful, but what proof do you have? They day Purdue gets artificial turf is a sad day. Stuff sucks.

As for the field, what's wrong with it? I know y'all like to say it's awful, but what proof do you have? They day Purdue gets artificial turf is a sad day. Stuff sucks.

It needs some field tile something fierce to alleviate the flooding. Seems like a ton of turf comes up too, but some of that might just be the #NaturalLife

It needs some field tile something fierce to alleviate the flooding. Seems like a ton of turf comes up too, but some of that might just be the #NaturalLife
I think it is. The whole warm season grass in Purdue is a bit sketch, but they overseed it with Rye grass so there is grass on it for the entire season. Sand base I believe, so it has more give, which I would think would be easier on players joints and stuff. I have only ever seen it flood one game and that was because a drain got covered I think. Normally, it drains pretty well, assuming it isn't a terrential down pour, but idc what kind of grass you have when you get 2 inches over 4 hours. It's gonna be wet. That's what happened vs Illinois this last year I think.

As for the field, what's wrong with it? I know y'all like to say it's awful, but what proof do you have?
There have been particular years where it has gone to hell in a handbasket...which always surprised me with Purdue's turf management and horticulture departments.

Not sure if was you or another who talked about going to more option type stuff. Which is very different. I know everyone is running some RPOs which is new the new triple option. They will probably have to vary the launch point which leads to more protection schemes.

Yes it is true that your injury situation was bad this season but as was stated we had injuries also not going to repeat them since it has been mentioned many times already. But if you are going to use that as excuse then maybe we could explain away last two bucket games we lost top receivers for the season in opening game just because they were not as talented as Moore does not mean they were any less important to us. We played with freshman running backs. We played with backup quarterbacks. We had missing o and d linemen. We played this year and last 2 years with young defenders.

Yes it is true that your injury situation was bad this season but as was stated we had injuries also not going to repeat them since it has been mentioned many times already. But if you are going to use that as excuse then maybe we could explain away last two bucket games we lost top receivers for the season in opening game just because they were not as talented as Moore does not mean they were any less important to us. We played with freshman running backs. We played with backup quarterbacks. We had missing o and d linemen. We played this year and last 2 years with young defenders.
Purdue was the youngest team in the big ten last year. IU wasn't far behind. I think both have bright, bright futures. Anyone who disagrees is biased.

Reactions: TMFT
Plus we didn't get any sympathy from anyone when we played Diamont as a true frosh. He was 5th on the depth chart when he enrolled that January.

That is a great question! Since bobinski came on board, they built some super nice facilities. The scoreboard was the start of the stadium project. They are finishing up plans for the 130 mil stadium project now. Covid19 will affect it a bit, but they were hoping to privately fund it anyways. Mark Hermanns is leading the charge on getting funding for it. They are talking about moving the north endzone closer, tearing down the top half of the north and east deck and adding a 2nd level and much more. They haven't released the final drawings. It is coming though. That is the final piece needed. Everything else is right there with or ahead of a lot of teams. I think they might do something similar to iu on the south endzone. Although students moving there is now possible?

PU grads have been fighting about getting turf for several years. This isn't new. It looks better, more predictable, safer, cheaper overall and doesn't come up in chunks or turn into a dusty sandlot. PU used to have pumps underneath like Iowa does, but it looks like those don't work any more. Your pride is getting in the way of your judgement.

Plus we didn't get any sympathy from anyone when we played Diamont as a true frosh. He was 5th on the depth chart when he enrolled that January.

Zander doing the Connor McGregor Billionaire strut down the field...one cocky dude.

My favorite quote from a PU grad after the bucket game he won was "we just got beat by a member of NSYNC"

Reactions: ESalum86 and Andy06
PU grads have been fighting about getting turf for several years. This isn't new. It looks better, more predictable, safer, cheaper overall and doesn't come up in chunks or turn into a dusty sandlot. PU used to have pumps underneath like Iowa does, but it looks like those don't work any more. Your pride is getting in the way of your judgement.
Is that why colleges are going back to natural grass?

Editing as I go here.

It really isn't cheaper by much. https://www.safehealthyplayingfields.org/cost-grass-vs-synthetic-turf

It's soccer, but the article talks about how one isn't safer than the other, which means artificial turf has made strides in recent years. https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2019/1/7/turf-and-injuries-the-data-hurts

Looks better is debatable. Predictable, ya, artificial turf might be in terms of cutting and stuff, but both teams play on the same field.

Grass might come up in chunks, but you don't get turf burn and rubber in your eyes. So both have disadvantages.

So is it my pride or reasonable analysis that it's as broad as it is long with my personal preference towards natural grass due to having studied turf grass?

Last edited:
Is that why colleges are going back to natural grass?

Editing as I go here.

It really isn't cheaper by much. https://www.safehealthyplayingfields.org/cost-grass-vs-synthetic-turf

It's soccer, but the article talks about how one isn't safer than the other, which means artificial turf has made strides in recent years. https://www.americansocceranalysis.com/home/2019/1/7/turf-and-injuries-the-data-hurts

Looks better is debatable. Predictable, ya, artificial turf might be in terms of cutting and stuff, but both teams play on the same field.

Grass might come up in chunks, but you don't get turf burn and rubber in your eyes. So both have disadvantages.

So is it my pride or reasonable analysis that it's as broad as it is long with my personal preference towards natural grass due to having studied turf grass?

It is your pride. But that is fine.

Most PU grads i know want turf and have for several years. It concerns me that the team I care about has to play on that mess that late in the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT