ADVERTISEMENT

Crystal ball for Mcculley

I'm not sure you are right on McCulley from what I have heard. If Sale goes to iu, it would be a loss. Sales has almost committed to Purdue a couple times already, but decided to wait. Let's not sit here and act like I say that about every recruit....

I don’t believe that. They’ve never even had a Crystal Ball for him. All of them have been for Indiana. He’s close friends with McCulley so he may want to be his protection.

I don’t believe that. They’ve never even had a Crystal Ball for him. All of them have been for Indiana. He’s close friends with McCulley so he may want to be his protection.
Crystal Balls might be the most worthless thing out there. McCulley was being predicted to Purdue by rivals national writers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I've never said this. I've only said that I think the two guys are pretty comparable in talent with the biggest difference being one is 6'5. McCulley is taller. I was thinking I saw Jackson had the bigger arm. Might be wrong though. Both super athletic. It's going to be fun to watch them in a few years. Would be really excited to watch McCulley under Deboer. Dude was good.

According to his hs coach McCulley could throw the ball endzone to endzone. Can Jackson throw it from the back of the endzone to back of the endzone?

According to his hs coach McCulley could throw the ball endzone to endzone. Can Jackson throw it from the back of the endzone to back of the endzone?
I'd love to see a video of that actually. As for Jackson, I can't speak on how far he can throw it. He has a throw that travels 70 yards in the air in his highlight video. Idk if he could get more on it or not.

Did that sad baffle em with BS attempt help your OL recruiting get better? Didn't think so...

There's a reason your hero has said he's moving to more option football and it's not because he's suddenly found the ingredients for a great OL...

I'm still laughing about how Brohmardi fleeced you jokers.

You should have used some of that $ for a safe field..

Here's your hero in action::

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ord-points-music-city-bowl-purdue/2434646002/

Could have been a hundred if Auburn hadn't called off the dogs...

Looking forward to watching a couple of your thirty WR's attempting to play OL...

You'd better hope they call off the season...

Well, either that 589 yards of total offense behind a walk-on QB playing his third game was the result of that young offensive line you malign, or you may have something to worry about on the defensive side of the ball in Madison in that opener against a veteran QB and OL.

I didn't realize purdues OL recruiting was bad? Post Penn State, the oline was decent last year and started 3 underclassman. You would expect it to struggle....

It’s not. Hartwig is a stud and we’ve been bringing in some really good OL guys the last few classes.

I’m sure I’m correct about McCulley, based on what I know. What you “heard” about Sales is off the PU propaganda site, which also said McCulley was going your way, right up until he wasn’t.

I guess a direct quote from Sales is propaganda eh?

Crystal Balls might be the most worthless thing out there. McCulley was being predicted to Purdue by rivals national writers.
Wiltfong is hardly worthless, he’s 271/273 correct for the 2021 class, since he CB Sales to IU, I feel pretty good about our chances. Does that mean he ends up at IU ? Nope, And I said that in one of my first posts on this topic, however, I feel better about the CB pick than “he almost committed to PU before”.

Wiltfong is hardly worthless, he’s 271/273 correct for the 2021 class, since he CB Sales to IU, I feel pretty good about our chances. Does that mean he ends up at IU ? Nope, And I said that in one of my first posts on this topic, however, I feel better about the CB pick than “he almost committed to PU before”.
And if he switches that to Purdue tomorrow and Sales commits to Purdue Tuesday, he would then be 271/273. So he is accurate, but that doesn't account for last minute switches.

And if he switches that to Purdue tomorrow and Sales commits to Purdue Tuesday, he would then be 271/273. So he is accurate, but that doesn't account for last minute switches.
Believe whatever you want, there is no debating (by most, except delusional Pu fans) that Wiltfong is highly accurate . When he makes picks it is because he knows something, even people on your board say as much. With that said he put in a level of “7” confidence, which is high, but surely not a lock . I will say it again, in no way do I think Sales is a done deal anywhere just yet, but it certainly appears to be trending in IU’s favor. Could that change tomorrow, absolutely.

Exactly, any player that sees an opening in WL will quickly decommit from his safety program IU. Getting "coached by the Brohm's" is the path to the NFL.

Exactly, any player that sees an opening in WL will quickly decommit from his safety program IU. Getting "coached by the Brohm's" is the path to the NFL.
Yup. That is exactly what I said. Dang you are good. I didn't say anything in my post that said anything about going to Purdue vs iu. Not sure where you got that?

National guys were saying it as well. Not sure what your point is?

They were both locks for PU...obviously. but the Brohm's took the better of the two leaving McCulley to "settle" for IU and not have the opportunity to be "coached by the Brohm's"

They were both locks for PU...obviously. but the Brohm's took the better of the two leaving McCulley to "settle" for IU and not have the opportunity to be "coached by the Brohm's"
I think Purdue got a good QB in Sam Jackson and will get an opportunity to play at Purdue. I think McCulley and Jackson are very comparable in talent.

Do you think I'm wrong?

National guys were saying it as well. Not sure what your point is?
Nice generalization, what national guys had him as a lock to pu, link ?
Not sure why you are on an IU board trying so hard to convince IU fans that we should wear your gold and black goggles.

I think Purdue got a good QB in Sam Jackson and will get an opportunity to play at Purdue. I think McCulley and Jackson are very comparable in talent.

Do you think I'm wrong?
IMO, yes I think you’re wrong, but only time will tell, sometimes getting your second pick works out very well.

Nice generalization, what national guys had him as a lock to pu, link ?
Not sure why you are on an IU board trying so hard to convince IU fans that we should wear your gold and black goggles.
There was an article and thread on this board talking about how Corey Evans was predicting Purdue. I'm not really trying to convince anyone of anything. Just talking some big ten football and football recruiting.

IMO, yes I think you’re wrong, but only time will tell, sometimes getting your second pick works out very well.
You think I am wrong in that he won't get a chance at QB? If so, why not? Or disagree when I say they are comparable talents? At which I ask, why not?

There was an article and thread on this board talking about how Corey Evans was predicting Purdue. I'm not really trying to convince anyone of anything. Just talking some big ten football and football recruiting.
I don’t spend a lot of time here, link ? And yes, you are pushing your pu narrative under the guise of “just talking football”.

Last edited:
You think I am wrong in that he won't get a chance at QB? If so, why not? Or disagree when I say they are comparable talents? At which I ask, why not?
I don’t think they are “comparable” talents as far as QB, for the last time , Jackson may end up a great QB at pu, he may also end up a slot receiver, no question a really good athlete. McCulley has always been a QB , has a much bigger frame, strong arm, nice touch, has some learning to do, but imo, is quite a ways ahead of Jackson as a QB.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I don’t spend a lot of time here, link ? And yes, you are pushing your pu narrative under the guise of “just talking football”.
Yup. You are right. That's why I have been super complementary of how good of a get this is for iu and how good their offense is. I'm on record saying Purdue vs iu will be a really good, even played game this year.

I don’t think they are “comparable” talents as far as QB, for the last time , Jackson may end up a great QB at pu, he may also end up a slot receiver, no question a really good athlete. McCulley has always been a QB , has a much bigger frame, strong arm, nice touch, has some learning to do, but imo, is quite a ways ahead of Jackson as a QB.
Other then frame, Jackson has everything you mentioned. You didn't really say how McCulley is better. Both are green.

Other then frame, Jackson has everything you mentioned. You didn't really say how McCulley is better. Both are green.
“Other than frame”, that’s a big “other” in the move from HS to college, and you ignored my point that McCulley has more experience at the QB position with Jackson playing WR his junior year and all. Of course they are both green, only an extremely rare frosh isn’t, not sure what that has to do with anything.

“Other than frame”, that’s a big “other” in the move from HS to college, and you ignored my point that McCulley has more experience at the QB position with Jackson playing WR his junior year and all. Of course they are both green, only an extremely rare frosh isn’t, not sure what that has to do with anything.
Frame isn't near as important at the college level. Plenty of QB's are successful under 6ft. Also, Jackson played QB as a junior. Didn't as a sophmore because he was backing up an MSU QB. So again, size is all you got? Sounds good. Will be fun to watch them at college!

Frame isn't near as important at the college level. Plenty of QB's are successful under 6ft. Also, Jackson played QB as a junior. Didn't as a sophmore because he was backing up an MSU QB. So again, size is all you got? Sounds good. Will be fun to watch them at college!
It’s more than you “got”, lol, enjoy your slot receiver !

Reactions: 76-1
It’s more than you “got”, lol, enjoy your slot receiver !
I guess if you feel the need to insult aspiring college athletes by telling them they can't play the position they committed to play with absolutely no reasoning, more power to you.

Purdue also doesn't need a slot WR. That's one of the positions they will be very good at the next year or two.

You might be overlooking that decisions about a future quarterback might not be as obvious as you seem to believe.

What do you mean? To say McCulley wasn't Brohm's top choice at QB all along is simply sour grapes on any Purdue fans part. If Jackson was Brohm's top choice all along, he had over a year and a half to get him as no other P5 schools were recruiting him to play QB. You think it's a coincidence that both of them committed withing 24 hours of each other? Brohm knew McCulley wasn't coming to Purdue and went with choice B.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Well, either that 589 yards of total offense behind a walk-on QB playing his third game was the result of that young offensive line you malign, or you may have something to worry about on the defensive side of the ball in Madison in that opener against a veteran QB and OL.

We'll see... As you know..., the only "stat" that matters in the Bucket game is the final score...

We'll see... As you know..., the only "stat" that matters in the Bucket game is the final score...

Of course it is. You are the one that chose to us the OL as a huge metric. I merely put it in context. I know our defense needs to get better, but more importantly so did our coach which explains the change. That is a far bigger concern than the OL IMO!

What do you mean? To say McCulley wasn't Brohm's top choice at QB all along is simply sour grapes on any Purdue fans part. If Jackson was Brohm's top choice all along, he had over a year and a half to get him as no other P5 schools were recruiting him to play QB. You think it's a coincidence that both of them committed withing 24 hours of each other? Brohm knew McCulley wasn't coming to Purdue and went with choice B.

When the time comes I will explain.

I once asked former Warren Central star QB Desmond Tardy, after he was promised a shot at QB and moved to WR by Purdue, if he ever saw Kellen Lewis at Indiana and thought that it could have been him and he said, "Every day. Every day."

That obviously has nothing to do with what will happen here, but it does serve as an illustration of shady coaches making empty promises.

Haha I'm sure you will. Can only imagine this conversation 2 years from now as Jackson is lined up in the slot and Purdue fans still trying to tell IU fans how Brohm got his "guy". Never fails.
Y'all keep saying he will be a slot WR, but can't give a reason why he isn't a QB...

I once asked former Warren Central star QB Desmond Tardy, after he was promised a shot at QB and moved to WR by Purdue, if he ever saw Kellen Lewis at Indiana and thought that it could have been him and he said, "Every day. Every day."

That obviously has nothing to do with what will happen here, but it does serve as an illustration of shady coaches making empty promises.

Yep Tiller sure was shady all right.

Y'all keep saying he will be a slot WR, but can't give a reason why he isn't a QB...
I don't pretend to know coaching decisions on where they put players. But from what I've been able to gather, he's a very impressive athlete that is "raw" as a QB. My sense of Brohm is that he wants more polished guys and will keep recruiting top of the line QBs each year regardless. I just think that puts Jackson at a QB disadvantage and if he's such a good athlete, landing in a spot such as WR or DB might just end up being his track to contribute more.

But good on him for wanting to take his shot at being a P5 QB. Jay Cutler did something similar going to Vandy where they were the only ones that didn't want to move him to safety. Worked out pretty good for him.

We're all just naval gazing, but I guess we see him as more like Tardy or Jason Werner and getting converted than being the next Vick.

Because he's 5'9 175 lbs. He's a great athlete who is very raw at QB. Given Brohm's offensive style that requires QB's to go through multiple progressions down the field, that's an extremely tall task for a guy who is only 5'9. I know there are exceptions to every rule, but you just don't see many 5'9 175 lb QB's these days. Brohm has shown has willingness to bring in a QB nearly every class and every single one of them fit the prototypical 6'3, 200+ lb pocket passer.

I guess if you feel the need to insult aspiring college athletes by telling them they can't play the position they committed to play with absolutely no reasoning, more power to you.

Purdue also doesn't need a slot WR. That's one of the positions they will be very good at the next year or two.
Yea, and your not pushing the pu “narrative” on an IU board. Please explain why you feel the need to come over here and look for approval, we care about our recruits , not yours . Spare me the “ I just want to talk football “ BS, you can go to gbi and do that, sort of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT