ADVERTISEMENT

Cryptic tweet

Every single player we have had has left us in good academic standing except Daniel Orton. That narrative is false and full of hateraid. You can continue to claim it but it’s false.

"Good academic standing" is whatever ky wants to call it. Blow your blue smoke where people are gullible enough to buy it.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
You'll have to forgive the poster you quoted. He is a total exaggerator and is a known troll. He claims to know everything about every school and is a Fred Glass apologist. That pretty much sums it up.

I do love my stalkers. Particularly when they drink late at night.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
right and he should have been doing that awhile ago.

Hate to say it but Archie doesn’t have the appearance of being a strong, demanding leader. On the sideline he shows excellent focus and energy but doesn’t appear to be forceful or intense.

Hate to say it but Archie doesn’t have the appearance of being a strong, demanding leader. On the sideline he shows excellent focus and energy but doesn’t appear to be forceful or intense.
yea, im not sure he knows what he is- wants to be, etc....like many have said..tomorrow will be interesting, but more in terms of how he handles this...he gets paid a lot of money....figure it out god damnit

Reactions: tbleadoff

Something is going on. Is leadership Archie - or someone higher?

Or, no one? Crap like that is BS. If he has something, then effing say it with his name on it rather than vague suggestions that could be taken in any way. If something happens he can claim he was on it. If nothing happens then, well he never actually said anything, right? Any one of us could have made the same tweet.

Dude is a clown.

Or, no one? Crap like that is BS. If he has something, then effing say it with his name on it rather than vague suggestions that could be taken in any way. If something happens he can claim he was on it. If nothing happens then, well he never actually said anything, right? Any one of us could have made the same tweet.

Dude is a clown.
but it was a cryptic tweet.

Reactions: All4You
I'm very skeptical on "CoachSS" being super plugged-in like he claims. He's mainly piggybacked on what other people have said.

If we can see that, then he can see that...so a guesstimation along those lines looks like inside information, right?

So it's not really different...
It's different than the usual reasons teams play poorly.

For a OAD, KY is the easy button, No awkward ties to the campus or alumni and no need to go to class after December.
It’s actually the opposite. At KY you have to compete every day. Against other elite future NBA players. It’s the hard, challenging route.

The easy button is a place where you start and play as much as you want regardless of your effort or how you’re playing. And a place where you can shoot as many times as you wish and play very little D. A place like IU right now.

The Archie hiring/firing/tenure will go down as one of the biggest failures in college basketball in decades. Probably the worst hire from any school this century. It’s all coming down on us.
UHHHHH now that's an exaggeration. Don't be so obvious next time.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
What have I been telling you for months?
What have you been telling me?

Is Archie to blame for this team not caring? You can tell me he shouldn’t be playing guys that aren’t following the game plan, no disagreement there.

But WHY is Archie at fault? What happened to destroy what chemistry this team once had? I see the tweets from Smith’s dad and can’t help but believe disgruntled players are the issue.

What have you been telling me?

Is Archie to blame for this team not caring? You can tell me he shouldn’t be playing guys that aren’t following the game plan, no disagreement there.

But WHY is Archie at fault? What happened to destroy what chemistry this team once had? I see the tweets from Smith’s dad and can’t help but believe disgruntled players are the issue.
It’s college basketball. He’s the HEAD COACH. The leader. The CEO. The President of the program. It’s 100% his responsibility.

The kids obviously don’t want to play for him. They don’t compete for him. They don’t respect him. They don’t follow his lead. And I can’t say I blame them.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I'm beginning to wonder if you have a Billy Clyde Gillespie situation brewing. If so you need to move on sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm beginning to wonder if you have a Billy Clyde Gillespie situation brewing. If so you need to move on sooner rather than later.
No way..........if it's players vs the coach I hope to hell our AD backs the coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if Liberal Freddy sided with the wussy players.

It’s college basketball. He’s the HEAD COACH. The leader. The CEO. The President of the program. It’s 100% his responsibility.

The kids obviously don’t want to play for him. They don’t compete for him. They don’t respect him. They don’t follow his lead. And I can’t say I blame them.
Then get rid of the littly pansies.

Then get rid of the littly pansies.
In any group (military, business, charities, etc) if the larger group loses faith and respect in the leader who gets fired? The leader or everyone else?

Answer: the leader

I went back and watched Dayton games, Archie got his players to play their ass off for 4 straight years of titles so don't me it's him.
In any group (military, business, charities, etc) if the larger group loses faith and respect in the leader who gets fired? The leader or everyone else?

Answer: the leader
One more thing I play coach stays he goes I go............................

Reactions: darkhawk returns
This is different. Besides, it doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to figure out that there might be something beyond poor coaching, play, & effort is going on within the program. This team has checked out, did so sometime around New Year's. There's a reason for that. I saw a mention on a premium board about parents getting involved, Idk how, exactly, but it can't bee good.
Yes. How can a team change from such a gritty battler to this? They‘ve totally given up.

...because Syracuse's zone would be as successful without athletic freaks, no other successful team runs the pack line, and Smith and Fitzner giving Murphy a clear path to the basket when the entire idea of the pack line is to take away the path to the basket....right? I'll buy into the idea if playing Race and the young guys over the players who aren't giving effort and don't have ball IQ, but there are 5 guys on this team who were recruited by Archie. There will be departures and unexpected arrivals, at this point. Crean built a ton of bad habits (the team still reverts to, especially when things go wrong) and left a very poorly put together roster (Davis only true big, no PG, no shooters, little muscle, soft). Can't give the coaches a complete pass, but to claim there aren't obvious examples of the pack line being successful is riduculous. Here, read up on what you don't understand: https://www.basketballforcoaches.com/pack-line-defense/

Top Recruits are going to see what Archie has to offer them: a packline defense that doesn’t translate to the next level, and a pathetic offense that won’t showcase their skills.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
The Archie hiring/firing/tenure will go down as one of the biggest failures in college basketball in decades. Probably the worst hire from any school this century. It’s all coming down on us.
so that's what you have been telling the board for months?

Not every player is "lost". You can tell the ones who are by shot selection, being out of position on D (not bothering to stay between Murphy and the basket), lazy plays (mostly passes, though you can give the young guys a bit of a pass for not being adjusted to the speed), and overall attitude during games. A team is only as strong as its weakest link. Gotta bench the guys who aren't even trying to do what they are supposed to do (the ones I've seen have the athletic ability to play "NBA defense", not be where they are supposed to and be late but recover in time to make a block frequently due to sheer athleticism). Gotta cover your responsibilities. Making mistakes is one thing. Leaving Murphy over and over had nothing to do with coaching (other than not sitting the 2 who kept doing it). Morgan is hurting more than I think many realize. Idk....a season that extremely optimistically had the talent for the elite 8 (though never the size or backcourt experience) had massive injury problems, no chemistry, and nowhere near the depth needed. I see signs for optimism from looking at the younger guys (who all need more time in the weight room to bang in the B10). This conference is really good (especially on D).

I went back and watched Dayton games, Archie got his players to play their ass off for 4 straight years of titles so don't me it's him.

The same clown made both these posts. Quote from fpeaugh" we can't get Brad or Billy, my #1 choice is Archie...and it's not even remotely close. I mean there's a mile between anyone else on the list. The guy can recruit, he can coach, and he'd build the kind of brand we need at IU."

...because Syracuse's zone would be as successful without athletic freaks, no other successful team runs the pack line, and Smith and Fitzner giving Murphy a

Virginia says hi. I know they lost to a 16 last year but to say they are not successful playing the pack line defense is silly. A lot of long time fans wanted Bennett when Crean was hired but would not even look at us after what IU did to his sister when she was the woman's coach.

There is so much over exaggeration and hyperbole going on in this thread that you cannot respond to all of the silly thoughts.

I’m not so sure of that. Billy Clyde had a co-ed/drinking problem to go along with bad play. If you look at how things where at that time, a lot of blue bloods weren’t good. His record could’ve been much worse.

I’m not so sure of that. Billy Clyde had a co-ed/drinking problem to go along with bad play. If you look at how things where at that time, a lot of blue bloods weren’t good. His record could’ve been much worse.
He had waaaaaay more issues than that. The dude didn’t even ever sign his contract. It’s like he wanted a mercy firing and he got it.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Every single player we have had has left us in good academic standing except Daniel Orton. That narrative is false and full of hateraid. You can continue to claim it but it’s false.
You might be right but I just don't understand how any one and done player could leave in good academic standing. Once the season is over I am pretty sure they don't stay and go to class but they are out training for the pre draft workouts.

Let me guess, you knew that it would be a disaster the moment it was announced, right? Oh, wait...
If we can't get Brad or Billy, my #1 choice is Archie...and it's not even remotely close. I mean there's a mile between anyone else on the list. The guy can recruit, he can coach, and he'd build the kind of brand we need at IU.

Congratulation you are the only one in the country that called Archie Hire as a the worst in country LOL! I will take more experts than you who called it a great hire and won't make a judgment yet because it is way to early.

You might be right but I just don't understand how any one and done player could leave in good academic standing. Once the season is over I am pretty sure they don't stay and go to class but they are out training for the pre draft workouts.
You would be wrong. Use google to check this out. UK has had one player (Daniel Orton) who did not finish his second semester requirements.

Let me guess, you knew that it would be a disaster the moment it was announced, right? Oh, wait...

FROM WHEN ARCHIE WAS HIRED

I just heard from a good friend who's very close to the program that the decision will be announced tomorrow. I'm not saying it's 100% but he's adamant about it. Just passing along what I heard...from a name most of you would recognize.

Who will it be? No way it's Donovan

Then fpeaugh goes from being the forum oracle to forum loser.

It doesn't really matter to me what you think. I said last night that a decision was coming today and it was likely Archie. I don't know what else you want. It's a solid hire in my opinion.

I heard that from the same people who were correct about every single detail of this process. I can tell you this...Archie was not IU's top pick. Dayton was eliminated 9 days ago. He wasn't targeted until yesterday. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Archie is the coach and I'm excited about it.

BCG did at A&M too, but he cracked under the pressure at UK. Just a thought.

Why would they need go "out training"? They do that every day at UK in state of the art facilities.

"Good academic standing" is whatever ky wants to call it. Blow your blue smoke where people are gullible enough to buy it.
Are you now saying the University is giving them unearned grades because the NCAA sets the rules for "progress towards a degree", which is what it is called.

Drama much?
I haven't heard hysterics like this from you since the time you promised to quit posting on this board.

It’s actually the opposite. At KY you have to compete every day. Against other elite future NBA players. It’s the hard, challenging route.

The easy button is a place where you start and play as much as you want regardless of your effort or how you’re playing. And a place where you can shoot as many times as you wish and play very little D. A place like IU right now.

Get off your knees, Fpeaugh.
You're embarrassing yourself slurping UK (the most corrupt program in the history of college basketball).

The same clown made both these posts. Quote from fpeaugh" we can't get Brad or Billy, my #1 choice is Archie...and it's not even remotely close. I mean there's a mile between anyone else on the list. The guy can recruit, he can coach, and he'd build the kind of brand we need at IU."

Fpeaugh, explain yourself or shut up.

ADVERTISEMENT