ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads Classic Ends after this season

The eigth new stalker in the last two weeks has joined to follow an "like" my posts while borowwing one of my oft-used terms to describe a certain troll here...welcome: Classic Projection!!

Edit: Welcome #9 this morning. "Purdue Obsessed Clown" The bitterness and hysteria is real, but when the President of your University is spreading false information about the Pandemic...you are in a tough spot.

Last edited:
He reminds me of that courtsince2 guy who claims to have sent multiple kids(including a daughter) to purdue yet does nothing but trash purdue and even insults their female co-eds. In other words, the chances of what he says to be true is highly unlikely.
One child...one. And that due to specific major. And you have no idea the gender (you can look that word up)

Second lie here is that I do nothing but trash PU. Not true. I am very objective and often complimentary of the academic aspects particularly the tech/engineering areas as well as Ag. You IU obsessed PU trolls are a POS and that is on you. Own it.

If you are going to come here are troll me at least do your homework Ace.

One child...one. And that due to specific major. And you have no idea the gender (you can look that word up)

Second lie here is that I do nothing but trash PU. Not true. I am very objective and often complimentary of the academic aspects particularly the tech/engineering areas as well as Ag. You IU obsessed PU trolls are a POS and that is on you. Own it.

If you are going to come here are troll me at least do your homework Ace.
Lies

A lot of words to say that you're really just FOS. I attended 10 of these events so I know you're lying.
So you certainly saw that regarding attendance, it was 70% IU, 15 broilees, 10% Butler and 5% (if that)Notre Dame. TV draw was even more one sided for IU. And yes, I attended them all.

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Iu has passed Purdue in football? Purdue should start scheduling a bunch of teams with losing records. Iu might be ahead of Purdue, but it's not showing signs of sticking. Brohm just finished what Kevin Wilson had to do at iu and is now doing what Allen had to do. Can't compare Allen to Brohm. Different situations inherited. Very different.
If IU drops all teams with losing records, I guess the broilees are off the schedule...

Again. Brohms situation was very different from Allen's. But why don't you count brohm as having his players the first two years? Lots of transfers. Super young 2 years ago. Weird year last year. Should win 6 this year.
After multiple excuses for his past years of failure, you are "celebrating" if broom achieves a 6 win season? broom is paid a lot of $$ for a step below mediocrity...

After multiple excuses for his past years of failure, you are "celebrating" if broom achieves a 6 win season? broom is paid a lot of $$ for a step below mediocrity...
Brohm is being paid to rebuild one of the worst p5 rosters I've ever seen. You don't just rebuild a football roster in 3 years.

Iu has passed Purdue in football? Purdue should start scheduling a bunch of teams with losing records. Iu might be ahead of Purdue, but it's not showing signs of sticking. Brohm just finished what Kevin Wilson had to do at iu and is now doing what Allen had to do. Can't compare Allen to Brohm. Different situations inherited. Very different.

IU has passed Purdue in football. You explain it very nicely. You're just passing step 1 (the wilson years) according to you while we've been on step 2 (the allen years).

So you are pointing out that Brohm just finished what Wilson did at IU then are you not admitting that IU has passed PU?

Good luck finding anyone that would take PU's football program over IU's program at the moment.

IU has passed Purdue in football. You explain it very nicely. You're just passing step 1 (the wilson years) according to you while we've been on step 2 (the allen years).

So you are pointing out that Brohm just finished what Wilson did at IU then are you not admitting that IU has passed PU?

Good luck finding anyone that would take PU's football program over IU's program at the moment.
Has Allen ever been behind Brohm with his program? Of course you'd take iu right now. They have more depth.

4 years in and Brohmbardi has watched his season wins decline each year and his season win percentage has bottomed out at 33% for the last 2 seasons. His only winning season was his first with someone else's players.

Allen took over a team that hadn't finished above .500 during his predecessor's 6 previous seasons and has led the program to two of the best seasons in over 30 years.

Yet somehow Allen inherited a juggernaut compared to Brohmbardi? If you think that's true, then how can you stand behind a coach that has led his team on such a pronounced downward trajectory over his 4 years?

Not when you're disagreeing based on starting points. The only thing that argument is based on is that IU passed PU prior to Allen arriving.
So you agree that it's unfair to compare their records and program trends in terms of wins and losses over 4 years?

4 years in and Brohmbardi has watched his season wins decline each year and his season win percentage has bottomed out at 33% for the last 2 seasons. His only winning season was his first with someone else's players.

Allen took over a team that hadn't finished above .500 during his predecessor's 6 previous seasons and has led the program to two of the best seasons in over 30 years.

Yet somehow Allen inherited a juggernaut compared to Brohmbardi? If you think that's true, then how can you stand behind a coach that has led his team on such a pronounced downward trajectory over his 4 years?
There is way more that goes into it then the couple paragraphs you wrote. Saying Brohm won with Hazell players and lost with his isn't totally true.

So you agree that it's unfair to compare their records and program trends in terms of wins and losses over 4 years?

I agree that Allen got the better starting point but IU also had the tougher conference schedule.

They also had different strategies in building the rosters. Allen (until the transfer portal free for all) stuck with mostly bringing in regular hs recruits where as Brohm went for the quick fix of JUCOs and transfers. Worked for a bit but the bottom fell out when they graduated.

I think Brohm thought PU was going to be a stepping stone and wanted to be like "hey, look at how fast I got this turned around". Now that PU paid him handsomely to stay there, his lack of long term planning has bit him in the rear.

There is way more that goes into it then the couple paragraphs you wrote. Saying Brohm won with Hazell players and lost with his isn't totally true.
That's not what I said. I said his only winning season was his first with somebody else's players. How is that not true? Did he bring a bunch of his own guys that first year and then proceed to lose with them in the following years?

I agree that Allen got the better starting point but IU also had the tougher conference schedule.

They also had different strategies in building the rosters. Allen (until the transfer portal free for all) stuck with mostly bringing in regular hs recruits where as Brohm went for the quick fix of JUCOs and transfers. Worked for a bit but the bottom fell out when they graduated.

I think Brohm thought PU was going to be a stepping stone and wanted to be like "hey, look at how fast I got this turned around". Now that PU paid him handsomely to stay there, his lack of long term planning has bit him in the rear.
Well. Kind of. Brohm filled holes to try and win when he got there vs do PJ Flecks year zero BS. Worked for 2 years, them he struck out on the portal.

Those two years brought enough success that it really raised the bar in recruiting. So much so, a lot of the 2019 and 2020 classes recruits passed the 2017 and 2018 recruits right when they got to campus. That's not a bad thing, but that combined with some transfer misses and some key injuries created an incredibly young team. Youngest in the big ten. Also hurt depth. It's hard to win with youth in the big ten. They were still competitive though.

So realistically, those two classes are just now becoming upperclassmen where you hope they go from being competitive to winning more single possession games due to experience.

That's not what I said. I said his only winning season was his first with somebody else's players. How is that not true? Did he bring a bunch of his own guys that first year and then proceed to lose with them in the following years?
Brought in a ton of graduate transfers. I think he brought in 8 or 9 starters. See my above post.

Brought in a ton of graduate transfers. I think he brought in 8 or 9 starters. See my above post.
So was it after that season that he leveraged UL for more money while winning fewer games in each following year?

Last edited:
Brohm is being paid to rebuild one of the worst p5 rosters I've ever seen. You don't just rebuild a football roster in 3 years.
He’s heading into year 5, and the odds are you don’t make a bowl game. How many years does he get until you admit he really isn’t very good?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT