ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads Classic Ends after this season

IU was getting buzz all over the place. Enough so that Noobs decided to hedge his bet and say Kaufman's offer might not be commitable.
Good thing he didn’t put a confidence of 7 pick for IU when all this buzz was going on like Snow and the boys at Peegs

It’s actually crazy to me you were able to convince a woman (allegedly) to marry you. A Purdue grad no less … I’d love to sit down and have a beer with your dumbass to see if it’s real or one big character for the message boards. @NC_Trojan10 give it a rest. Jesus…
He reminds me of that courtsince2 guy who claims to have sent multiple kids(including a daughter) to purdue yet does nothing but trash purdue and even insults their female co-eds. In other words, the chances of what he says to be true is highly unlikely.

I lied. I'm back for one more. You say you have the screenshot showing this. Post it. DM me if you don't want to post it. I don't recall on it. Neubert usually doesn't say a kid is coming because he doesn't want to steal their thunder. He might say they are a Purdue lean or it looks good. I want to see it. This is all.
I'm not going to go through the process required to insert a screenshot on rivals, but this is what it says: The screenshot shows it as the May 14th Boiling Over.

"PURDUE BASKETBALL RECRUITING

Some new perspective has come to light here that we have to sort of amend some prior intel.

Regarding four-star forward Trey Kaufman, a long-time Purdue priority, Purdue's staff Is continuing to recruit him like a priority, he does have a Purdue offer, but with its second scholarship for 2021, Purdue needs a guard or wing. For that reason, we aren't certain that he has a committable offer right at this moment. There's semantics there in terms of having an offer but not being able to take it, but hopefully you get what we're saying."

Dear lord the excuses. FTs. Foul calls. Lucky shots. Injuries. How many theoretical final fours does Purdue have? 2010s were one of the worst decades IU basketball has ever suffered and they still won two outright B1G titles and a handful of sweet 16s. Purdue had one of their best decades ever and achieved juuuuust a tiny bit more. At the end of the day you’re still 40 years removed from your last final four. Dusty banners indeed.
Excuses or facts? Where did I state an excuse? An excuse would be "they would never have lost to VCU if Hummel were playing". Issac haas breaking his elbow, the missed free throw are facts that could have changed outcomes. The shot was luck, something that plays a pretty large role in the NCAA tourney.

I've never said anything iu did or didn't achieve in the last 10 years. Idk what you are trying to prove there.

I'm not going to go through the process required to insert a screenshot on rivals, but this is what it says: The screenshot shows it as the May 14th Boiling Over.

Some new perspective has come to light here that we have to sort of amend some prior intel.

Regarding four-star forward Trey Kaufman, a long-time Purdue priority, Purdue's staff Is continuing to recruit him like a priority, he does have a Purdue offer, but with its second scholarship for 2021, Purdue needs a guard or wing. For that reason, we aren't certain that he has a committable offer right at this moment. There's semantics there in terms of having an offer but not being able to take it, but hopefully you get what we're saying."
So basically, Brian is saying Purdue wants a guard and I think it's a 2 man class, so not sure if they would take kaufman or not, at a position where they didn't really need him. He never said anything about iu wanting him. Or him being an iu lean or anything. He was looking at the Purdue roster and scholarship situation and wanting a guard. Then the guard fell through. Do they take kaufman if Ingram comes? At the time, it was thought no.

1 - owned? You said iu coaches sucked and that’s owning?
2- completely different from the starting point of asking how many draft picks under painter.
3 - last 3 hires were an NBA assistant, a former Purdue coach that helped land painters best class, and an OSU guy. Brantley is an alum and has been great with the bigs.
1. I said Crean was a much better developer and recruiter than Painter, but that he couldn't coach.

2. Would you feel better if I asked how many first round draft picks there were under Painter?

3. Shrewsberry is good. Cuanzo Martin landed Painter his best class ever (14+ years ago btw). OSU didn't want Johnson anymore as he would only recruit on campus. Is he going to be an only on campus recruiter at Purdue too?

So basically, Brian is saying Purdue wants a guard and I think it's a 2 man class, so not sure if they would take kaufman or not, at a position where they didn't really need him. He never said anything about iu wanting him. Or him being an iu lean or anything. He was looking at the Purdue roster and scholarship situation and wanting a guard. Then the guard fell through. Do they take kaufman if Ingram comes? At the time, it was thought no.
Lol so I was correct in that Brian said he wasn't sure if Kaufman had a commitable offer? No Chance Purdue wouldn't have taken Kaufman and Ingram. Painter would have to be the biggest moron on the planet not to.

I never said Noobs said or even implied he was an IU lean. I said he started posting this non committable offer BS when IU was getting a bunch of buzz from other sources. Now that I proved you wrong, you going to leave like you said?

Very next sentence was “Purdue will still recruit the hell out of him”

kid really wanted to be a boilermaker

Reactions: BoilerN
Very next sentence was “Purdue will still recruit the hell out of him”

kid really wanted to be a boilermaker
So I was correct in saying Noobs said he didnt know if Kaufman had a committable offer, right? That's all that really matters.

We are going to see very quickly if Kaufman made a mistake in choosing Purdue. One of Kaufman, Furst, or Gillis are going to be very unhappy.

1. I said Crean was a much better developer and recruiter than Painter, but that he couldn't coach.

2. Would you feel better if I asked how many first round draft picks there were under Painter?

3. Shrewsberry is good. Cuanzo Martin landed Painter his best class ever (14+ years ago btw). OSU didn't want Johnson anymore as he would only recruit on campus. Is he going to be an only on campus recruiter at Purdue too?
1 - I missed that part. Definitely a good salesman but idk about developing better.

2 - It’s a completely different question than what you had asked

3 - Lusk was the lead recruiter on half the baby boiler class but that’s ok you got a narrative you’re trying to push.

Incredible that you’re so informed with not just IU and Purdue but also the Ohio state baskeketball program!

So I was correct in saying Noobs said he didnt know if Kaufman had a committable offer, right? That's all that really matters.

We are going to see very quickly if Kaufman made a mistake in choosing Purdue. One of Kaufman, Furst, or Gillis are going to be very unhappy.
Looks like that was said yes. The next few paragraphs also contradict what you said about him only saying that to hedge because of it looking like he’d go elsewhere while there was IU buzz though.

1 - I missed that part. Definitely a good salesman but idk about developing better.

2 - It’s a completely different question than what you had asked

3 - Lusk was the lead recruiter on half the baby boiler class but that’s ok you got a narrative you’re trying to push.

Incredible that you’re so informed with not just IU and Purdue but also the Ohio state baskeketball program!
Crean has had 3 players ranked outside the top 100 go first round. Including two lottery picks. It isn't a coincidence.

Who was he the lead recruiter on? It's not that hard to follow info in the conference. You didn't answer my question though. Will Johnson be an on campus only recruiter at Purdue like he was at OSU?

This argument is just old. It’s well known fact IU carried its weight(by a big margin) but had to give charity to the other 3. All while turning down bigger games and tournaments.(CBS classic) Purdue sure didn’t have options like that. IU had more to lose by playing those crappy crossroads games. IU not playing in the Crossroads would make those games bankrupt. FACT. So let the finger point!

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Link that shows iu created 80% of the revenue?
How do i link attending 8 of these events and seeing the attendees? How do i link IU's ratings draws vs PU? There my little troll...you will find your answers.

When you sell 70% of the seats and drive the ratings bus for the TV contract...80% might be low.

Looks like that was said yes. The next few paragraphs also contradict what you said about him only saying that to hedge because of it looking like he’d go elsewhere while there was IU buzz though.
No it doesn't contradict what I said. Of course he isn't going to come out and say he is hedging his bet. He does the same exact thing in every recruitment when it looks like he could be wrong. It's his MO. There was literally no other reason for him to say he doesn't know if it is commitable. Everyone knows Painter would take both Kaufman and Ingram and figure everything else out afterwards. You telling me Painter was willing to take Kaufman and Waddell, but not Kaufman and Ingram? laughable.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Whomever claimed that there have been some recent recruiting battle wins by PU...that is true. It has happened surrounding coaching changes. Five...maybe over 40 years?

Now flip that puppy and try to count the number IU won....dozens? 50?

Another thread trashed by the usual suspects. Isn't there a conversation over on the broilee board on which you can post this drivel?

Seven of them have now slithered over here demonstrating just how butthurt they are over losing the CC. Yes there are threads over there to talk about IU...Ordfan is having a heydey trashing threads and trshing IU over there right now. he is one bitter douchebag.

No it doesn't contradict what I said. Of course he isn't going to come out and say he is hedging his bet. He does the same exact thing in every recruitment when it looks like he could be wrong. It's his MO. There was literally no other reason for him to say he doesn't know if it is commitable. Everyone knows Painter would take both Kaufman and Ingram and figure everything else out afterwards. You telling me Painter was willing to take Kaufman and Waddell, but not Kaufman and Ingram? laughable.
You said he posted that because he thought Kaufman would go elsewhere and you said there was a lot of iu buzz. Here’s the next couple paragraphs after that comment you quoted

“Again, though, Purdue is going to keep recruiting the hell out of Kaufman in hopes something opens up and it can still land him at some point. Translation: The longer he remains uncommitted, the better for Purdue.

Purdue has long been a frontrunner for Kaufman, and it's conceivable he'd have committed this spring had Caleb Furst not beaten him to the punch. Xavier has also positioned itself well with him, and Indiana and Louisville have pushed hard for him. Virginia just offered, and more may come this summer”

Seems pretty consistent with what happened. Christie, Ingram, Cleveland, and Wesley weren't happening and Kaufman committed. Looks like a Purdue lead start to finish in that recruitment and Peegs, rabjohns, and snow looked foolish after once again giving false hope

You said he posted that because he thought Kaufman would go elsewhere and you said there was a lot of iu buzz. Here’s the next couple paragraphs after that comment you quoted

“Again, though, Purdue is going to keep recruiting the hell out of Kaufman in hopes something opens up and it can still land him at some point. Translation: The longer he remains uncommitted, the better for Purdue.

Purdue has long been a frontrunner for Kaufman, and it's conceivable he'd have committed this spring had Caleb Furst not beaten him to the punch. Xavier has also positioned itself well with him, and Indiana and Louisville have pushed hard for him. Virginia just offered, and more may come this summer”

Seems pretty consistent with what happened. Christie, Ingram, Cleveland, and Wesley weren't happening and Kaufman committed. Looks like a Purdue lead start to finish in that recruitment and Peegs, rabjohns, and snow looked foolish after once again giving false hope
You got your player

Relax

Why is approval form people here you don't know so damned important?

Jesus dude.

Well...Gomer...I was participating in this thread when you embittered wannabes slithered over and trashed it.

Go back to GBI and whine about IU.

Hope that helps.

2g9MZG2

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123

I said that as an opinion as I can't prove that's why he stated it. It fits his MO though of seeming hedging his bets when he starts to hear things contrary to what he has reported in the past. I never once said Brian said there was a lot of IU buzz. Just that at the time of his posting there was a lot of IU buzz from other sources.

There was no situation where Purdue wouldn't take a commitment from Kaufman. It was just Noobs trying to cover his ass like he has done so many times in the past. I'm sure if I got on my friend's account and looked he started making excuses when the Jalen Washington buzz started to lean towards UNC. He never owns up to being wrong which is my point. There is always something.

Peegs, Rabjohns, and Snow all admitted they got played by the Kaufmans. They didn't make excuses or try to downplay it.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Peegs, Rabjohns, and Snow all admitted they got played by the Kaufmans. They didn't make excuses or try to downplay it.
They pivoted to saying IU led for Miller and Mohammed didn’t they? That was after one of them, I can’t remember which, said Kaufman didn’t want to play in the “bright lights”

I said that as an opinion as I can't prove that's why he stated it.
oh ok

They pivoted to saying IU led for Miller and Mohammed didn’t they? That was after one of them, I can’t remember which, said Kaufman didn’t want to play in the “bright lights”
They never said IU led for Miller or Mohammed. Snow said he wondered if Trey's personality didn't fit the Fishbowl atmosphere that comes with being an IU basketball player.

They never said IU led for Miller or Mohammed. Snow said he wondered if Trey's personality didn't fit the Fishbowl atmosphere that comes with being an IU basketball player.
Why do the broilees continue to twist words like butthurt 8th graders? You spoke clearly and in English. Maybe translate into mooos next time.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
Why do the broilees continue to twist words like butthurt 8th graders? You spoke clearly and in English. Maybe translate into mooos next time.
They can’t stand someone saying anything remotely close to negative about Painter or their players, but they all absolutely lose their sh*t if someone says anything negative about Noobs. He is a god to them.

How do i link attending 8 of these events and seeing the attendees? How do i link IU's ratings draws vs PU? There my little troll...you will find your answers.

When you sell 70% of the seats and drive the ratings bus for the TV contract...80% might be low.
A lot of words to say that you're really just FOS. I attended 10 of these events so I know you're lying.

They can’t stand someone saying anything remotely close to negative about Painter or their players, but they all absolutely lose their sh*t if someone says anything negative about Noobs. He is a god to them.
Well you were right that it was said but lied about why. It happens. On to the next one

• Haha
You really think Purdue pulled their weight in this event? The only time Purdue had more fans is after all the IU fans left. It was a 60-70% pro-IU crowd every damn year.
If the JV game was first the place would start filling just after halftime. If the JV game was second it would empty at halftime. I never understood why IU allowed the PU game be second, as it was always the warm up act.

IU section 99.9% IU
Butler section 50% IU
ND Section 75% IU
PU section 70% IU

Reactions: Classic Projection
Well you were right that it was said but lied about why. It happens. On to the next one
I didn't lie about anything. You have poor reading comprehension. You got owned. Now take your L and get out of here, or I'll have to post some more sour grape comments from Brian doing what he always does (I went ahead and looked up his UNC excuse. Found an excuse on DJ Moore while I was at it).

I didn't lie about anything. You have poor reading comprehension. You got owned. Now take your L and get out of here, or I'll have to post some more sour grape comments from Brian doing what he always does (I went ahead and looked up his UNC excuse. Found an excuse on DJ Moore while I was at it).
No L here. You were right about the words “committable offer” being used. You then took it to the next step and “gave an opinion” you were pushing as fact to begin with.
Lol Neubs is also the only person that throws around "Commitable" offer too. Last year he was saying Kaufman didn't have a committable offer in the spring time when it looked like Kaufman would be going elsewhere.
Never appeared he was going elsewhere. Just that IU buzz you were eating up from Peegs

No L here. You were right about the words “committable offer” being used. You then took it to the next step and “gave an opinion” you were pushing as fact to begin with.

Never appeared he was going elsewhere. Just that IU buzz you were eating up from Peegs
You were wrong little man! Now you are just pulling a Noobs and making excuses!

Funny that in the same post Noobs finally admitted Washington was going to UNC (all other sources had been saying it was trending that way for weeks), Noobs makes the excuse that someone "on the inside" was clearly steering him away from Purdue and to UNC.

Then on the DJ Moore announcement thread, Noobs played his classic "Purdue cooled on him"....

Glad to see that you are all in on Njie now though!

For those wondering why the invasion of super bitter PU trolls...consider:

Football: IU has surpassed their place in the state and headed even further upstream. IU is out recruiting them, our facilities are far better and are media darlings.

Basketball: PU's largest forum threads are always about IU, but the monster is about how long it has been since IU won...fair enough and we understand why you are hanging banners about this, What freaks tham out is that their success has been drowned out by the hiring of Woodson/Matta/Fife/Rosemond and the rather amazing recruiting and transfer transformation of the roster. PU is actually going to be good, but no one will care beyond the vulgar confines of Mackey hog barn.

Olympics: IU is splashed all over the nightly coverage as IU athletes continue to rack up the medals. Have you read somne of the horrible thinga they have tweeted about Lily King? Awful. Should goat roping or Sheep "dating" ever become Olympic events they will have a presence. Until then...more bitterness.

Global leadership: Pamela Whitten and IU are getting huge accolades in global press for leadership in the C19 battle while Mitch continues to parrot FOX News narratives and theories.

There is more but but as you can see it would be expected that PU grads are bitter and enraged at us right now.

Good to be King.

You were wrong little man! Now you are just pulling a Noobs and making excuses!

Funny that in the same post Noobs finally admitted Washington was going to UNC (all other sources had been saying it was trending that way for weeks), Noobs makes the excuse that someone "on the inside" was clearly steering him away from Purdue and to UNC.

Then on the DJ Moore announcement thread, Noobs played his classic "Purdue cooled on him"....

Glad to see that you are all in on Njie now though!
So we are switching to different players because he was right on Kaufman? Got it.

sucks Purdue lost out on Washington

sucks Purdue lost out on Moore even though it’s a different sport.

we will see on Njie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT