ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads Classic Ends after this season

Who are the solid recruits outside the Midwest? Carsen… and???

It really doesn’t matter what you would choose as you aren’t a top basketball prospect. Top basketball prospects choose IU over Purdue. Painter has landed 1 five star in his 16 years. Woodson landed his first five star a month after taking the job.

You aren’t recruiting at a higher level. The 2007 class remains Painter’s best class to date. The 2022 class is really poor. No top 100 players currently.
Woodson benefitted from Texas firing his coach and people's classes being full. Lets see if he does it this year. But again, iu brand sells. Doesn't change my point though.

Hey @BoilerN, still waiting on that proof that Purdue is out recruiting IU in H2H recruitments. Show us the H2H recruitments since Painter has been coach.
I pointed out like 5 going back just recently. Same as football, they don't go after the same players as much as you think. Idk why iu wouldn't go after a guy like Loyer though. Best shooter in the class some are saying.

Woodson benefitted from Texas firing his coach and people's classes being full. Lets see if he does it this year. But again, iu brand sells. Doesn't change my point though.
Lol so Painter deserves no credit for landing Isaac Haas? What about Caleb Swanigan (Painter’s only 5*)? Does he count since he was a late May commit after decommitting from MSU?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I pointed out like 5 going back just recently. Same as football, they don't go after the same players as much as you think. Idk why iu wouldn't go after a guy like Loyer though. Best shooter in the class some are saying.
I guess I'll just have to educate you. I'll use the same logic you used with Brandon Newman. We will see who has landed which players that both schools offered.

Loyer is a great shooter that provides little else. Terrible defender. Sasha 2.0.

I guess I'll just have to educate you. I'll use the same logic you used with Brandon Newman. We will see who has landed which players that both schools offered.

Loyer is a great shooter that provides little else. Terrible defender. Sasha 2.0.
Loyer was still on the peach jam first team for the tourney. You'd think iu would want an elite shooter since they can't make threes.

Lol so Painter deserves no credit for landing Isaac Haas? What about Caleb Swanigan (Painter’s only 5*)? Does he count since he was a late May commit after decommitting from MSU?
Not sure why he doesn't for Haas. It was Purdue or wake forest all along. Swanigan, not sure how big of a role Painter played beyond normal recruitment and pitching how good he could be at Purdue. And he was good. Painter can sure develop players. And is getting quite the reputation of pumping out head coaches. Becoming an assistants destination. Be interesting to see what happens to the program moving forward.

Typical iu fan - focused more on recruiting rankings than W's. Hoosier fans beat their chest about how many stars a player has next to their name; how many Walmart fans they have; and whether a recruit is from outside Indiana/Midwest.
Meanwhile, Purdue focuses on getting guys who fit their culture; guys who want to win; and guys who want to attend a world class university.

Keep doing the rest of the B1G a favor and stay focused on everything but winning. You do you.
Welcome back. Hopefully you will behave a bit better this time.

The discussion was about recruiting and driven mostly by your boy N here. Try to keep up. IU recruits guys who fit the culture, want to win and want to attend a world class university on a great campus and epic college town.

We understand how bitter you are about IU moving on from the CC, but understand your boilies benefitted from it financially and from an exposure standpoint all while contributing nothing to the revenue stream.

Maybe you guys can play at Hinkle every year which will draw pretty well due to the butler fans.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Welcome back. Hopefully you will behave a bit better this time.

The discussion was about recruiting and driven mostly by your boy N here. Try to keep up. IU recruits guys who fit the culture, want to win and want to attend a world class university on a great campus and epic college town.

We understand how bitter you are about IU moving on from the CC, but understand your boilies benefitted from it financially and from an exposure standpoint all while contributing nothing to the revenue stream.

Maybe you guys can play at Hinkle every year which will draw pretty well due to the butler fans.
First, Purdue doesn't recruit the guys that fit everything you mentioned?

Second. I have never said Purdue did or didn't benefit. I've said that it's such a miniscule amount towards the athletic budget that Purdue isn't mad about it because of the Financials. But it was made out that that was a large chunk of money that will hurt the Purdue athletic department.

Great! I’m tired of subsidizing broilees, ND And Butler. IU versus UK, in the Dome, Every year, just like cal promised. Get it done, Scott.

having a second game is counter productive.

just have IU-UK, whether in LOS or alternating between the home venues.

let BU and ND schedule themselves on their own.

and we can still play both ND and BU every yr, alternating home venues.

Typical iu fan - focused more on recruiting rankings than W's. Hoosier fans beat their chest about how many stars a player has next to their name; how many Walmart fans they have; and whether a recruit is from outside Indiana/Midwest.
Meanwhile, Purdue focuses on getting guys who fit their culture; guys who want to win; and guys who want to attend a world class university.

Keep doing the rest of the B1G a favor and stay focused on everything but winning. You do you.
You mad? Typical PUke fan coming to this board to seek validation. The only thing PUke has is a few measly wins and a final 4 in 1980. Now be gone troll before we put baby in a corner. Won’t be long and you will be penn state.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Loyer was still on the peach jam first team for the tourney. You'd think iu would want an elite shooter since they can't make threes.
Just to educate you, since 2007 IU has landed 14 recruits that Purdue has offered (not counting Ron Patterson) and Purdue has landed 13 recruits that IU has offered. Purdue landed 5 recruits in 2007 and 2008 classes though while IU landed none that Purdue offered (Can't believe Purdue didn't offer Eric Gordon). This is all based off the 247 database, and it could be somewhat inaccurate (ex. it doesn't show Purdue offered Cody Zeller).

In the last 3 classes it has been tied 4-4 and the past 4 classes would tilt it in favor of IU at 7-4.

During that stretch from 2007 to 2021 Purdue has only finished with a higher ranked recruiting class 2 times (2007 and 2010). Get out of here with your dominating us in recruiting BS.

As for Loyer, I would rather have someone who is a great shooter and still athletic enough to do more on the court (ie. Tamar Bates). Give me CJ Gunn over Loyer as well and I'm not even that high on Gunn.

Just to educate you, since 2007 IU has landed 14 recruits that Purdue has offered (not counting Ron Patterson) and Purdue has landed 13 recruits that IU has offered. Purdue landed 5 recruits in 2007 and 2008 classes though while IU landed none that Purdue offered (Can't believe Purdue didn't offer Eric Gordon). This is all based off the 247 database, and it could be somewhat inaccurate (ex. it doesn't show Purdue offered Cody Zeller).

In the last 3 classes it has been tied 4-4 and the past 4 classes would tilt it in favor of IU at 7-4.

During that stretch from 2007 to 2021 Purdue has only finished with a higher ranked recruiting class 2 times (2007 and 2010). Get out of here with your dominating us in recruiting BS.

As for Loyer, I would rather have someone who is a great shooter and still athletic enough to do more on the court (ie. Tamar Bates). Give me CJ Gunn over Loyer as well and I'm not even that high on Gunn.
But here's the thing about using 247. While using the offer tool is great, I'm equally not sure how much I trust it. But what your saying is, based off that data, since 2007, neither school is outrecruiting the other based on common offers? Eric Gordon, like Romeo would have been a waste of time and resources for Purdue. Hence no offer.

Not sure why he doesn't for Haas. It was Purdue or wake forest all along. Swanigan, not sure how big of a role Painter played beyond normal recruitment and pitching how good he could be at Purdue. And he was good. Painter can sure develop players. And is getting quite the reputation of pumping out head coaches. Becoming an assistants destination. Be interesting to see what happens to the program moving forward.
What NBA talent has Painter developed? Moore is the only Painter player to do anything in the league.

"Assistants Destination" LOL. If that were the case you would have landed better assistants than Paul Lusk (a failed head coach already in the Painter tree) and Terry Johnson who has never landed a recruit in his long time as a D1 assistant. Shrewsberry is the only assistant that fits the description you are attempting to make.

But here's the thing about using 247. While using the offer tool is great, I'm equally not sure how much I trust it. But what your saying is, based off that data, since 2007, neither school is outrecruiting the other based on common offers? Eric Gordon, like Romeo would have been a waste of time and resources for Purdue. Hence no offer.
Not really. Since 2009 IU is easily out recruiting the other other based on common offers. By the way, Painter did offer Romeo. He had no chance, but he did offer him.

having a second game is counter productive.

just have IU-UK, whether in LOS or alternating between the home venues.

let BU and ND schedule themselves on their own.

and we can still play both ND and BU every yr, alternating home venues.
Agreed, IU can schedule a big team and sellout Bankers Life easily. Double the revenue from the crossroads assuming similar ticket prices. It would likely be more revenue because the prices should be higher for better competition.

What NBA talent has Painter developed? Moore is the only Painter player to do anything in the league.

"Assistants Destination" LOL. If that were the case you would have landed better assistants than Paul Lusk (a failed head coach already in the Painter tree) and Terry Johnson who has never landed a recruit in his long time as a D1 assistant. Shrewsberry is the only assistant that fits the description you are attempting to make.
Lusk is a really good defensive coach. How do you determine Johnson has never landed a recruit? Purdue has pumped out like 5 head coaches in like 5 years. Impressive.

Funny you change the topic of developing talent into developing NBA mainstays. That's not what I said.

Lusk is a really good defensive coach. How do you determine Johnson has never landed a recruit? Purdue has pumped out like 5 head coaches in like 5 years. Impressive.

Funny you change the topic of developing talent into developing NBA mainstays. That's not what I said.
Who are the 5 coaches in the last 5 years? I can think of 4. Only 1 of them went to a P5 school.

Lol let's see if you can be objective here... Who has the better assistant coaching staff, IU or Purdue?

Okay, let's keep it on developing talent then. How many Matt Painter players have been drafted to the NBA?

Lol I'm sure you did. Romeo never considered Purdue even though Painter recruited him for a hot second.
So kind of like Colvin? I forgot, if a Purdue fan hears something about iu that doesn't benefit them, it probably isn't true. Regardless of how connected you are.

Who are the 5 coaches in the last 5 years? I can think of 4. Only 1 of them went to a P5 school.

Lol let's see if you can be objective here... Who has the better assistant coaching staff, IU or Purdue?

Okay, let's keep it on developing talent then. How many Matt Painter players have been drafted to the NBA?
It's hard to say who has the better staff, especially considering how unproven Johnson and ius staff is in their current roles.

Again, development. You bring the NBA back into it. Players can develop and still never be NBA caliber. That doesn't mean the player didn't develop, that doesn't mean the coach can't develop. You can have a play improve tremendously and be an excellent college player and not not an NBA caliber player.. Agree or disagree?

So kind of like Colvin? I forgot, if a Purdue fan hears something about iu that doesn't benefit them, it probably isn't true. Regardless of how connected you are.
Yes, exactly like Colvin. We had no shot at him and it was dumb to offer him. See how that works? You can also be critical of your coach's shortcomings.

Romeo never had any interest in Purdue. You obviously aren't very connected if you believe that. Sounds like something Nuebtard would come up with after it was clear there was no Purdue interest.

It's hard to say who has the better staff, especially considering how unproven Johnson and ius staff is in their current roles.

Again, development. You bring the NBA back into it. Players can develop and still never be NBA caliber. That doesn't mean the player didn't develop, that doesn't mean the coach can't develop. You can have a play improve tremendously and be an excellent college player and not not an NBA caliber player.. Agree or disagree?
It's very easy to say who has the better staff. Fife has the best resume far and away on either team. Kenya Hunter is elite, and you can see that by who he lands and the other schools that tried to obtain his services after Archie left (I wonder why those schools weren't after Terry Johnson and Paul Lusk???). Rosemond comes in with a ton of recruiting connections and has already landed more recruits than Terry Johnson has in his career.

You can improve and not be NBA talent, but who cares about that? How many Victor Oladipos or OG Anunobys have Painter had? Those were low ranked recruits that Crean developed into first round picks. Of Painter's best players in his career (the All Americans) which ones were ranked below 100? Carsen on some services... who else? He's very overrated as a developer of talent. Not close to even Tom Crean level.

Nah, it was a small minority. Cal does realize that most years he will bring a very young, very talented team into a VERY hostile and one of a kind atmosphere at SSAH. Cal feels that IU would win more often than not at SSAH, so why play there. I am all in on playing EVERY game at Lucas Oil. uk has moved on, but I still hope the IU/uk series will renew.
This is so incredibly dumb. Like saying Alabama is afraid they’d lose to Tennessee these days in football. We haven’t been in their league in decades.

The reality is we need them more than they need us. They have their option of playing any opponent or any tournament. We do not. We played them neutral court for years and years. Glass and Crean blew that up along with the entire program.

• Haha
Lol what exactly has Purdue won?

Since Painter got to Purdue the accomplishments have been pretty similar between IU and Purdue (even with 4 different coaches in that time.

Big Ten Championship:
Purdue: 3
IU: 2

BTT Championship:
Purdue: 1
IU: 0

Elite 8 Appearance:
Purdue: 1
IU: 0

Sweet 16 Appearance:
Purdue: 5
IU: 3

What exactly have you won of any importance?
Why would you post this? They’re kicking our butts in every category? That’s the only takeaway. At least you didn’t list Painter’s head to head record.

• Haha
Reactions: LowCut
Agreed, IU can schedule a big team and sellout Bankers Life easily. Double the revenue from the crossroads assuming similar ticket prices. It would likely be more revenue because the prices should be higher for better competition.

and IU-UK sold out the Dome, (RIP), on a regular basis, and could sell out most of LOS if that's what it took.

would rather do a home and home, but every yr at LOS would be a great 2nd option if that's what it takes to make it happen..

the gals can open the show, and would showcase both women's programs..

does IU or anyone else ever have the girls open for the boys?

if not, why not?

the women's gate can't be reason can it?

Reactions: TrojanFan004
You can count the number of recruits in the last 40 years that chose PU over IU on one hand. Most of their success has centered around IU coaching changes as in this past cycle.
You’ve said a lot of ignorant things. This is right there battling for 1st place.

Reactions: beenther1s
This is so incredibly dumb. Like saying Alabama is afraid they’d lose to Tennessee these days in football. We haven’t been in their league in decades.

The reality is we need them more than they need us. They have their option of playing any opponent or any tournament. We do not. We played them neutral court for years and years. Glass and Crean blew that up along with the entire program.
They went 9-16 last year lol. They were freaking trash

Why would you post this? They’re kicking our butts in every category? That’s the only takeaway. At least you didn’t list Painter’s head to head record.
Because while we have been terrible the last decade, they have marginally more accomplishments and think they have been great. Just proves the different expectations of the programs. Had we kept Crean, we could have gotten the same accomplishments Painter has produced. Those accomplishments aren't good enough.

and IU-UK sold out the Dome, (RIP), on a regular basis, and could sell out most of LOS if that's what it took.

would rather do a home and home, but every yr at LOS would be a great 2nd option if that's what it takes to make it happen..

the gals can open the show, and would showcase both women's programs..

does IU or anyone else ever have the girls open for the boys?

if not, why not?

the women's gate can't be reason can it?
I believe I remember one time recently where the Girls opened for the Boys. I'm pretty sure Tyra was on the team so it had to be recently.

Lol so you think high major assistants should step into high major head coaching jobs? Not really how that works.

Lol
I think 8 + Mathias who’s played as an undrafted player. Current roster looks like it could have a couple more. Not bad for how poor of a recruiter I’m told he is.

How would any sane person think that we’ve been in the same stratosphere as Purdue since Painter got there? Take the blinders off for once. He’s beaten us 17 out of the last 22 games. He’s recruited better, coached better, developed better, and literally wiped the floor with our backsides since basically day one.

All of this is about to change as most Purdue fans realize. But let’s not try to rewrite history. The only thing their fans here are wrong on is calling Purdue a “world class university”. Hopefully that was meant as a joke.

Reactions: BoilerN
Lol so you think high major assistants should step into high major head coaching jobs? Not really how that works.

Lol

I think 8 + Mathias who’s played as an undrafted player. Current roster looks like it could have a couple more. Not bad for how poor of a recruiter I’m told he is.
If Purdue is actually an "Assistant Destination", then yea he should have more stepping into head coaching jobs at a higher level.

Yep, 8 players (1 was inherited but we'll count it). Mathias doesn't count lol. He got to play some games this year because of Covid, but that's it. If we are counting Mathias, my list of IU players is going to grow a lot. Of your 8 players, only two were 1st rounders and the highest draft pick was 26th.

IU has had 10 drafted since 2008. Of those ten players 8 were first round picks. including 5 lottery picks.

If we are counting Mathias type players, then you can add Yogi Ferrel, Troy Williams, and Juwan Morgan to the list.

Only two of those 9 players you mentioned managed to play 100+ games.

Yes, exactly like Colvin. We had no shot at him and it was dumb to offer him. See how that works? You can also be critical of your coach's shortcomings.

Romeo never had any interest in Purdue. You obviously aren't very connected if you believe that. Sounds like something Nuebtard would come up with after it was clear there was no Purdue interest.
Where did I say Romeo had interest in Purdue? Also, pretty low blow for neubert? Why you have to be disrespectful?

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
It's very easy to say who has the better staff. Fife has the best resume far and away on either team. Kenya Hunter is elite, and you can see that by who he lands and the other schools that tried to obtain his services after Archie left (I wonder why those schools weren't after Terry Johnson and Paul Lusk???). Rosemond comes in with a ton of recruiting connections and has already landed more recruits than Terry Johnson has in his career.

You can improve and not be NBA talent, but who cares about that? How many Victor Oladipos or OG Anunobys have Painter had? Those were low ranked recruits that Crean developed into first round picks. Of Painter's best players in his career (the All Americans) which ones were ranked below 100? Carsen on some services... who else? He's very overrated as a developer of talent. Not close to even Tom Crean level.
Ope. Didn't answer any of my questions. Do you want to try again?

They’ve had more success in the last 5 years than we’ve had in the last 30. We don’t need to be throwing stones there
You are such a blowhard. In the last 5 years they have 2 SEC championships, two Elite 8 appearances, and 1 Sweet 16. You really think that's more success than we have had in 30 years? Such a stupid statement, but what I have grown to expect from you.

Reactions: BaxterIU
Where did I say Romeo had interest in Purdue? Also, pretty low blow for neubert? Why you have to be disrespectful?
You said he was allegedly upset that Purdue wasn't recruiting him harder.

Neubart regularly downplays Purdue's interest in recruits after it's clear Purdue isn't going to land them. Just off the top of my head, he's done it with Romeo, TJD, Armaan Josh Sale, and Donaven McCulley. Those are just IU recruits as well. He's more of a fan than he is a journalist, and you can see that in his writing and opinions.

Ope. Didn't answer any of my questions. Do you want to try again?
Ope. I literally answered the one question you asked. You said "Agree or Disagree" and I clearly answered that. You aren't the smartest Purdue fan I've ever come across.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT