ADVERTISEMENT

Crossroads Classic Ends after this season

"We have always enjoyed playing in Indianapolis, and this has been a great event. We look forward to and are working on scheduling competitive games to play in Indianapolis in the future,” Indiana AD Scott Dolso via text to media members

"We have always enjoyed playing in Indianapolis, and this has been a great event. We look forward to and are working on scheduling competitive games to play in Indianapolis in the future,” Indiana AD Scott Dolso via text to media members

Battle of the inbreds? KY/IN?!?! Let’s get crazy and invite WVU to the party!!!

This event was a money grab, which is no longer necessary. Since IU has been so bad lately the appeal is not strong. Not too much to it really. The event's time has passed. Nothing more. Go Hoosiers!

PU and ND were feeding at the IU trough. Butler brought some fans but IU delivered the TV money as well. Bobinski is sobbing about it and we understand why.
Exactly. Anybody that's ever gone to this knows that it's a disproportionate number of IU fans in attendance.

Part of the butt hurt may also be that this was a purdoo idea when Burke was still the AD.

Reactions: 76-1
Purdue is talking about trying to schedule a game in Indy. They have never had much success with that unless there were other games to help draw a crowd.

Exactly. Anybody that's ever gone to this knows that it's a disproportionate number of IU fans in attendance.

Part of the butt hurt may also be that this was a purdoo idea when Burke was still the AD.
Then Kudos to Burke for creating a scenario where they get the visibility and cash. Smart move

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Then Kudos to Burke for creating a scenario where they get the visibility and cash. Smart move
He seemed to have had a grasp on what needed to be done up there with renovations to facilities, stability in the coaching ranks and an emphasis on academics. I think they had the most overall success during his tenure as AD.

I still can’t believe our fan base fell for the “CALIPARI IS SCARED!” nonsense when Crean and Glass cancelled the series. Literally the year after Calipari and UK won a title. But they were…SCARED I tell you.

What a stain that was and is on our fan base and program.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I still can’t believe our fan base fell for the “CALIPARI IS SCARED!” nonsense when Crean and Glass cancelled the series. Literally the year after Calipari and UK won a title. But they were…SCARED I tell you.

Uh no.

The game the following year was slated to be played in Lexington. IU had everyone coming back from the year prior and was going to be ranked preseason #1. UK lost everyone from their national title team and weren't going to be nearly as good (they ended up losing to Robert Morris in the NIT) and an ass-kicking was inevitable. IU proposed a 4 year rotation of a home and away and two neutral sites (likely Indy and Louisville) only to have UK dress up the idea that it wasn't safe to play on home courts based on the previous years ending. Cal and UK wanted nothing to do with the 2013 Indiana team and took their ball and went home.

Uh no.

The game the following year was slated to be played in Lexington. IU had everyone coming back from the year prior and was going to be ranked preseason #1. UK lost everyone from their national title team and weren't going to be nearly as good (they ended up losing to Robert Morris in the NIT) and an ass-kicking was inevitable. IU proposed a 4 year rotation of a home and away and two neutral sites (likely Indy and Louisville) only to have UK dress up the idea that it wasn't safe to play on home courts based on the previous years ending. Cal and UK wanted nothing to do with the 2013 Indiana team and took their ball and went home.
It’s worse than I thought. These delusions are still going on?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Uh no.

Don't feed the troll

PU and ND were feeding at the IU trough. Butler brought some fans but IU delivered the TV money as well. Bobinski is sobbing about it and we understand why.
Haven't seen Bobinski make a statement about it. Can you provide a link? Purdue bball does just fine financially. Doesn't rely on iu.

Reactions: johnboiler123

Or, just a thought, Purdue likes playing good non conference basketball as opposed to cupcakes and instate games are fun.

A stain on the IU program?
Sure thing.
Pot, meet kettle.

You continue to embarrass yourself slurping UK.
Do better.

Wooden Classic or something along those lines
I think that was a UCLA thing at a neutral site in California.

ETA: Wooden Tradition was the name. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Last edited:
[IMG alt="TC4THREE"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/purdue/data/avatars/m/1/1774.jpg?1429627563[/IMG]

TC4THREE

All-American​

Gold Member
1. Will I miss it? If we replace it with a home game against Coppin State, hell yes I'll miss it. If we do something fun and interesting with it instead then no. I wouldn't mind scheduling a neutral court series against Kentucky if they would play one of the games in Indy with another somewhere in Kentucky.

2. If IU wants to play on a national stage more often, they should try making the NCAA tournament.

Hysterical.

[IMG alt="TC4THREE"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/purdue/data/avatars/m/1/1774.jpg?1429627563[/IMG]

TC4THREE

All-American​

Gold Member
1. Will I miss it? If we replace it with a home game against Coppin State, hell yes I'll miss it. If we do something fun and interesting with it instead then no. I wouldn't mind scheduling a neutral court series against Kentucky if they would play one of the games in Indy with another somewhere in Kentucky.

2. If IU wants to play on a national stage more often, they should try making the NCAA tournament.

Hysterical.
This right here is as funny a post on the Broilees site you will see. UK?!!!! 🤡🤡🤡

Uh no.

If I remember correctly, they had a huge home winning streak as well that they knew would be ending (it ended that year anyways) if they faced the 2012 team.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Incorrect.

Reactions: trailrunner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT