ADVERTISEMENT

Cronk in the Portal (multiple sources)

I am surprised a little he won't just declare. He has 30+ starts for the NFL to see if his skillset can translate to guard.

And I don't know how many of these sources are wrong on the transfer portal.

I am surprised a little he won't just declare. He has 30+ starts for the NFL to see if his skillset can translate to guard.

Let’s say it is true.
Question then is why?
Will he graduate and now could obtain a masters in a field that is not a strength at IU.
Is there an issue with the coaches? ( To me that seem less likely but I have no inside info).
I cannot even think of a choice three.

Reactions: red hornet

He can be in the portal and still declare for the NFL. Either Alabama comes calling or its the draft for Coy.

A team captain is transferring...not hard to believe since he was transplanted by Bedford to OG. Wish him the best & thnx. for his time at Indiana.

Won't.

It's a CFB playoff team or the NFL for Coy.

But, awful either way because he's gone.
If he's going, I hope he does go to a contender. No one could fault him for that.

Let’s say it is true.
Question then is why?
Will he graduate and now could obtain a masters in a field that is not a strength at IU.
Is there an issue with the coaches? ( To me that seem less likely but I have no inside info).
I cannot even think of a choice three.

#3 could be he didn't like some of the other OL or other team members.

Who knows, but it is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Hate to say it, but does he not feel like the OL coaching is what he needs to get to the NFL?

post season is for full evaluations of every coach on staff.

We get it - you don't like Hiller.
LMAO, the guy HATES, absolutely despises Hiller. I picked up on it a long time ago.

I would be for an upgrade IF the new coach is a better recruiter than Hiller. I think that is Hiller's possible weakness. That said, Hiller had Bedford and Jones playing decent ball for young guys.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
I hope his source is wrong as it makes little sense for him to transfer. He has to realize he won't be an OT at the NFL level and playing guard would be good for his NFL careeer.
Oh I'm pretty sure this is accurate, but you're correct that it makes little sense. None, everyone has their reasons, but....this is strange, especially considering how he was considered such a leader, & so popular, & such a great representative of our program...it looks like a betrayal, to be blunt about it. .I do not get this at all, unless there's much more to the story than we know.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see him transfer to Purdue. It would be a bigger deal if we did not have Bedford. The other thing to consider is that Allen said they were going with the young guy and he is ok with exploring other options. You never know if the injury is going to heal. Not something I would do but do realize that Allen loves Cronk and May want to do right by him if he does not believe he may start.

First, you can recruit a guy back from the Portal... Let's hope we're able to do that...

2nd, he's earned our complete Respect by having played full out on every snap he ever took in an INDIANA uniform, and then, when he couldn't go..., he coached up his backup... Can't ask for any more than that.

I wish him well whatever his decision is (except for the few snaps he might play against us)...

*I hope he comes back (to INDIANA) and proves to the NFL that A) he's completely healthy and B) he can play every position on the Offensive Line.

If he does that, in my opinion, he's a upper 3 rounds lock in the 2021 Draft...*

Last edited:
These transfers are pretty common. There are high profile guys entering the portal daily. The dynamic WR and kick returner, Aron Cruickshank, from Wisconsin entered the portal today.

He had a 95 yard TD in the Rose Bowl and 139 yards on 13 carries in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT