ADVERTISEMENT

Crean tweets thank-you note to IU fans filled with spelling/grammatical errors

Fro

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001

Crean era in a nutshell. Didn't even have the courtesy to have someone proof-read it or type it up on a computer so auto-correct wouldn't mess him up.

Reactions: hondo314
TC and his family come across with much more class than you do in a difficult situation.

TC and his family come across with much more class than you do in a difficult situation.

It's a PR strategy by Crean & the Harbaughs where the Harbaughs attacked IU while Crean plays good cop/nice guy. I suspect this message is part of it given the lack of care put into it.

Either Tom decided to tap this message out on Twitter while he was moving out in ten minutes (likely because he thought it would make him look good) or this was the best he could do after hours of work and he was unaware that writing in a clear fashion without an editor is a weakness of his and was fine sending out something error-filled to tens of thousands of people.

It's a PR strategy by Crean & the Harbaughs where the Harbaughs attacked IU while Crean plays good cop/nice guy. I suspect this message is part of it given the lack of care put into it.

Either Tom decided to tap this message out on Twitter while he was moving out in ten minutes (likely because he thought it would make him look good) or this was the best he could do after hours of work and he was unaware that writing in a clear fashion without an editor is a weakness of his and was fine sending out something error-filled to tens of thousands of people.

His wife also tweeted a picture of the kids on the porch with the same pic from when they left Marquette years ago. Tom and his family gave everything to Indiana and are simply thanking everyone now that they are moving on. Tom didn't cheat, didn't abuse players, and didn't bring sanctions on the school. Unfortunately he gave his best and it wasn't good enough. I'm certainly not a fan but wish him and his family the best. Why keep kicking this guy? Whatever happened after the firing was pure human emotion and fully expected due to hurt feelings.

Good catch! CTC, the Harbaughs, the Illuminati, the Bilderbergs, the Freemasons...they are all in on it together.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Curious where he is going. Did someone buy his house? I thought he would stay in Btown until his house sold or he got another job.

giving points to a guy for doing what he should be doing?

sure, he was classy because he wants a new gig. he wasn't class when he created The Creaning Culture. or after losses (during the coach's handshake or in the pressers) and he wasn't classy when he said he'd pray for his "friend" Glass and then let is BILs do the dirty work. .

Classy -- I don't think that word means what some of you guys think that word means. lol. was he an outright dbag? not really. but that's about all.

but feel free to carry on his martyrdom. ya, he's classy because he told us he's classy. cool.

Last edited:
Good catch! CTC, the Harbaughs, the Illuminati, the Bilderbergs, the Freemasons...they are all in on it together.

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

ahhhh - the defenders of crean are making a last stand.

do you think Crean's BILs talk to the press about him without his permission? think about it

dude tried much harder to create an image than he ever did trying to run a program. ya ya, such a hard worker! how do we know he was such a hard worker? he told us so constantly. lol

His wife also tweeted a picture of the kids on the porch with the same pic from when they left Marquette years ago. Tom and his family gave everything to Indiana and are simply thanking everyone now that they are moving on. Tom didn't cheat, didn't abuse players, and didn't bring sanctions on the school. Unfortunately he gave his best and it wasn't good enough. I'm certainly not a fan but wish him and his family the best. Why keep kicking this guy? Whatever happened after the firing was pure human emotion and fully expected due to hurt feelings.

I appreciate what he did but he's set for life financially (and probably his kids too if he's invested well) and has made tens of millions of dollars from IU. It's not like he took on the job as a charity case. He's one of the lucky 0.01% and should be thankful for it. Poor guy gets paid $8000+ a day, not counting his other compensation. He makes more than a week than a lot of people make in a year.

Lots of people work harder than Crean does and struggle to get above near-poverty level. Those people are the people we should be thanking or the people who devote their lives to charity instead of chasing money, not someone who gets overpaid to coach a children's game.

ahhhh - the defenders of crean are making a last stand.

do you think Crean's BILs talk to the press about him without his permission? think about it

dude tried much harder to create an image than he ever did trying to run a program. ya ya, such a hard worker! how do we know he was such a hard worker? he told us so constantly. lol

womens_pink_tshirt_brpanties_in_a_bunch.jpg

I guess Crean has started tweeting again. I had forgotten I was following Crean because he gave up Twitter after people made fun of his tweets. A week or so ago, he tweeted a picture with his family. His son that was supposed to play baseball at IU was wearing a Michigan t-shirt. I thought that was interesting, but I suppose since his uncle coaches there he will follow them. Then I learned he was attending a prep school instead of going to IU. I wonder if Tom and Joni are moving into Harbaugh's basement?

gave everything to IU? prove it. lol. or are you going by his word? ya, i figured.

you guys are great. :)

this must be for you and your crew. lol. truly biblical.

That was actually pretty funny. :D

I am sort of confused about the biblical part, though. Are we talking Old Testament or more Revelations?

Also, not sure how making fun of Frogurt's post that read like an over the top conspiracy theory is defending CTC. In fact, I'm not sure I have seen any posts that could be interpreted as defending Crean on this board in months.

Reactions: IU Hardcore

I am sort of confused about the biblical part, though. Are we talking Old Testament or more Revelations?

Also, not sure how making fun of Frogurt's post that read like an over the top conspiracy theory is defending CTC. In fact, I'm not sure I have seen any posts that could be interpreted as defending Crean on this board in months.
Big people forgive and move on.

Give it a rest because there is nothing in this to get upset about. It is just another reason for you to bash Crean.

You are calling this a conspiracy theory?

"It's a PR strategy by Crean & the Harbaughs where the Harbaughs attacked IU while Crean plays good cop/nice guy. I suspect this message is part of it given the lack of care put into it."

No, i'm sure that is exactly what happened. Creaner played the martyr and his BILs were the hammers.

you may not be defending him but you guys are defending your opinions of him. great man! hardest worker in the history of work. so classy! just didn't work out. pshaw! lol

Give it a rest because there is nothing in this to get upset about. It is just another reason for you to bash Crean.

Scott, I would agree that Crean's letter is nothing "to get upset about". However, it IS something to talk about. Or, more specifically, Tom Crean IS something to talk about. As lame as it is, I would suggest that a thread about Tom Crean's wardrobe would generate more (current) interest than a post having to do with the 2017-2018 team.

It's not so much that people are looking for "just another reason to bash Crean", but rather that this forum has become rather boring now that a change has finally been made, and it's the off season.

You are calling this a conspiracy theory?

"It's a PR strategy by Crean & the Harbaughs where the Harbaughs attacked IU while Crean plays good cop/nice guy. I suspect this message is part of it given the lack of care put into it."

No, i'm sure that is exactly what happened. Creaner played the martyr and his BILs were the hammers.

you may not be defending him but you guys are defending your opinions of him. great man! hardest worker in the history of work. so classy! just didn't work out. pshaw! lol

(Pssst - "Conspiracy theory" was the crux of the JOKE. You either didn't get it or are too emotional about this topic. Regardless, not going to explain it, as that tends to ruin the vibe.)

Why am I being lumped in with the other posters on this thread? I didn't say any of that stuff.

7a6e4bd14c992dfdb9d2577aedaac1ae.jpg

(Pssst - "Conspiracy theory" was the crux of the JOKE. You either didn't get it or are too emotional about this topic. Regardless, not going to explain it, as that tends to ruin the vibe.)

Why am I being lumped in with the other posters on this thread? I didn't say any of that stuff.

7a6e4bd14c992dfdb9d2577aedaac1ae.jpg

emotional? i've been a ball of joy since March.

You should consider taking a lap. Your on-going crusade to dictate content fails miserably. Every time. Have you ever considered subscribing to get away from all this tomfoolery?

Reactions: Ewezrfan1

sure, he was classy because he wants a new gig. he wasn't class when he created The Creaning Culture. or after losses (during the coach's handshake or in the pressers) and he wasn't classy when he said he'd pray for his "friend" Glass and then let is BILs do the dirty work. .

Classy -- I don't think that word means what some of you guys think that word means. lol. was he an outright dbag? not really. but that's about all.

but feel free to carry on his martyrdom. ya, he's classy because he told us he's classy. cool.
Exactly!

It was an easy comparison. Compared to the OP the post by TC simply said thank you to the students and fans. The OP was picking a fight for no other reason than to kick someone when they are down. I don't like it when people use a public forum to put down someone else. Seems rude and insecure in a way to be searching for someone who agrees with you to justify your feelings. I am not defending TC, but I am trying to help the OP realize his issues are his own.

I'm just happy and relieved that he is gone, and gone from Bloomington. How creepy to have him round the corner of the restrooms at Nick's on game day...

Reactions: travlinhoosier
It was an easy comparison. Compared to the OP the post by TC simply said thank you to the students and fans. The OP was picking a fight for no other reason than to kick someone when they are down. I don't like it when people use a public forum to put down someone else. Seems rude and insecure in a way to be searching for someone who agrees with you to justify your feelings. I am not defending TC, but I am trying to help the OP realize his issues are his own.

This is a akin to scolding a passenger on the Titanic for thinking the captain's apology letter was insincere.
"Sory, passengers, but we gave it r all. I luv you 4ever!"

OP: What an insincere jerk.

You: Leave him alone! He tried his hardest.

Two things on this:

"I don't like it when people use a public forum to put down someone else. Seems rude and insecure in a way to be searching for someone who agrees with you to justify your feelings."

1. Welcome to the internet.

2. Couldn't this be said about your responses? Saying someone on an anonymous internet board has issues?

lol. you're not wrong for having your own views but you're wrong and must hate yourself if it makes you sad that not everyone shares that opinion.

This is a akin to scolding a passenger on the Titanic for thinking the captain's apology letter was insincere.
"Sory, passengers, but we gave it r all. I luv you 4ever!"

OP: What an insincere jerk.

You: Leave him alone! He tried his hardest.

Two things on this:

"I don't like it when people use a public forum to put down someone else. Seems rude and insecure in a way to be searching for someone who agrees with you to justify your feelings."

1. Welcome to the internet.

2. Couldn't this be said about your responses? Saying someone on an anonymous internet board has issues?

lol. you're not wrong for having your own views but you're wrong and must hate yourself if it makes you sad that not everyone shares that opinion.
Okay, I'm bored today so I'll jump in :) Please disregard since this is all opinion unless you just have nothing else to do today like me.

1st: Your reference is to life and death with people on the Titanic. Clearly an over-exaggeration to akin to yelling louder in a debate even though you have less to say you think that by saying it louder it makes you right. It is not even close to relevant comparing dislike for a basketball coach to people dying and an imaginary tweet from a captain. You are also comparing a thank you to mock condolences. By using a tweet to follow up killing people you are trying to generate passion for a cause that does not exist in this case since no one died except in your comparison. I can't argue with your scenario but it has nothing to do with IU basketball.

2nd: Right or wrong has little to do with how many people agree with you as seen by the ignorance on most social media, which ironically I think you and I agree on.

And 3rd, YES, I am sad that we live in a world people care more about public opinion than doing the right thing. Just because people agree with you doesn't make anyone correct. The final judgment comes from how we feel about ourselves (the real final judgment comes after we die). I DO NOT hate myself as long as I stay true to what I was taught and believe to be spiritually and morally correct.

Reactions: jnono and hondo314
Okay, I'm bored today so I'll jump in :) Please disregard since this is all opinion unless you just have nothing else to do today like me.

1st: Your reference is to life and death with people on the Titanic. Clearly an over-exaggeration to akin to yelling louder in a debate even though you have less to say you think that by saying it louder it makes you right. It is not even close to relevant comparing dislike for a basketball coach to people dying and an imaginary tweet from a captain. You are also comparing a thank you to mock condolences. By using a tweet to follow up killing people you are trying to generate passion for a cause that does not exist in this case since no one died except in your comparison. I can't argue with your scenario but it has nothing to do with IU basketball.

2nd: Right or wrong has little to do with how many people agree with you as seen by the ignorance on most social media, which ironically I think you and I agree on.

And 3rd, YES, I am sad that we live in a world people care more about public opinion than doing the right thing. Just because people agree with you doesn't make anyone correct. The final judgment comes from how we feel about ourselves (the real final judgment comes after we die). I DO NOT hate myself as long as I stay true to what I was taught and believe to be spiritually and morally correct.

In spirit I agree with most of this but the internet doesn't seem to care.

but thanks for not taking yourself too seriously! that's a gift!

ADVERTISEMENT