ADVERTISEMENT

Crean to Temple...?

Hawk_Circle_Hoosier

Benchwarmer
Mar 13, 2017
Wha what...?

giphy%201_1.gif

For people who were so anxious to get rid of Crean, it seems like we just can't let go.
We have a new coach now. Why keep thinking about someone you can't stand the thought of?
The hatred on this board for the man is off the charts.
Get a life.

I hope someone is stupid enough to hire him so we don't have to pay him that $4M. Lord knows he's already been paid in full many times over.

Reactions: dubtown80
For people who were so anxious to get rid of Crean, it seems like we just can't let go.
We have a new coach now. Why keep thinking about someone you can't stand the thought of?
The hatred on this board for the man is off the charts.
Get a life.
your string is showing.

I think it would be a good destination for him. I am sure there are others as well. He needs a school where they don't go ballistic when there is a down season. As IU fans we expect more,but that doesn't mean everybody does.
I agree . . . Expectations here can be much higher and less forgiving as any school in the country.

Reactions: HOOSIERGOV
I refuse to use a pimple video to express myself.
That's your misfortune.

I like how most of you cbls are still fixated on "like" and "hate" just as you were when he was coach. Like they're somehow relevant to Crean's lack of coaching ability. You "liked" him so therefore he can coach, and those that don't believe he can, only "hate" him. That might pass for logic and reasoning on a Justin Bieber fan board.. but not here.

You refuse to recognize that the former coach was inept and deserved a majority of the criticism he received. Even after he switched defenses for 3 months in the middle of possessions. I mean if that doesn't show you he has no clue, nothing ever will.

Maybe a small percentage were people clowning on him, which he brought on himself. His skin is bright fake orange, how can someone not make fun of him? But a majority was valid criticism of his coaching ineptness, regardless of what the "nice police" believe..

Last edited:
That's your misfortune.

I like how most of you cbls are still fixated on "like" and "hate" just as you were when he was coach. Like they're somehow relevant to Crean's lack of coaching ability. You "liked" him so therefore he can coach, and those that don't believe he can, only hate him. That might pass for logic and reasoning on a Justin Bieber fan board.. but not here.

You refuse to recognize that the former coach was inept and deserved a majority of the criticism he received. Even after he switched defenses for 3 months in the middle of possessions. I mean if that doesn't show you he has no clue, nothing ever will.

Maybe a small percentage was people clowning on him, which he brought on himself. His skin is bright fake orange, how can someone not make fun of him but a majority was valid criticism of his coaching ineptness, regardless of what the "nice police" believe..
Actually, as I posted quite a few times, I didn't jump aboard the fire-Crean bandwagon because we didn't know who the replacement would be. I remember posting last year that Crean could achieve 4-5-6 more wins per season with only a modest improvement in defense, because we kept losing games by six points or less. I had reservations about Crean because among other things he didn't seem concerned enough about defense.

What's amazing now is that the "haterz" haven't been disbanded even though Crean is gone. I really wish the new season would start.

Actually, as I posted quite a few times, I didn't jump aboard the fire-Crean bandwagon because we didn't know who the replacement would be. I remember posting last year that Crean could achieve 4-5-6 more wins per season with only a modest improvement in defense, because we kept losing games by six points or less. I had reservations about Crean because among other things he didn't seem concerned enough about defense.

What's amazing now is that the "haterz" haven't been disbanded even though Crean is gone. I really wish the new season would start.

X2

I concur.

I supported coach Crean as long as he was coach.
I think that at the end we all agreed it was time to move on.

I just find it a little disturbing that for some of the posters the hate for him is so great that they can't let go of it.
Some here take the fact that he didn't coach to suit them way yonder to personally.
If I'm going to hate someone (which I'm not) I'm going to reserve it for someone who has injured me personally.

We have a new coach now. One that most of us think may be able to accomplish some things Crean couldn't. Why worry about what happens to Crean. We surely have more interesting things to discuss.

Not happening ... they will call Chaney for input, what would you expect his IMO to be of Crean ... about ours I'd guess.

Are you Crean guys still cool with his current victim tour that he's doing, painting our administration as non supportive and back stabbing jackyls?

Did you like how he wished he would of hired a PR firm to better explain to us dumbasses how the year after Cody was going to be another rebuild and it wasn't fair to have the Vonleh season count against him?

The dude is a talker and worse yet an emotionally fragile talker. Everything out of his mouth is over exaggerated and over dramatic.

I'm trying to let the nine years of horrible basketball and excuses go but it's hard when he's crying to the media every day and crapping on our administration.

Anyone who supports Crean supports the destruction of our brand.

Actually, as I posted quite a few times, I didn't jump aboard the fire-Crean bandwagon because we didn't know who the replacement would be.

"didn't know who the replacement would be"? Are you serious?

What part of our defense being continually porous did you not understand?

What part of 1 out of every 5 possessions ending in turnovers did you not understand?

What part of getting ZERO of the 4 top 30 talent in the state this - not to mention striking out on EVERY 5 star recruit he targeted - do you not understand? (Remember, this was all coming on the heels of 3 Sweet 16s and 2 Big 10 titles in a 5 year span).

If Tom Crean would go away quietly most of us "Haterz" would likely let it go. The fact he is crying "woe is me" to every slap in the media for sympathy makes it incredibly hard to do so. And the fact that you (and others) cannot grasp that concept is telling. Really wonder what you see when you watch an IU game.

"didn't know who the replacement would be"? Are you serious?

What part of our defense being continually porous did you not understand?

What part of 1 out of every 5 possessions ending in turnovers did you not understand?

What part of getting ZERO of the 4 top 30 talent in the state this - not to mention striking out on EVERY 5 star recruit he targeted - do you not understand? (Remember, this was all coming on the heels of 3 Sweet 16s and 2 Big 10 titles in a 5 year span).

If Tom Crean would go away quietly most of us "Haterz" would likely let it go. The fact he is crying "woe is me" to every slap in the media for sympathy makes it incredibly hard to do so. And the fact that you (and others) cannot grasp that concept is telling. Really wonder what you see when you watch an IU game.
Wow. A silly personal attack.

I understand all those things as well as you. The difference is that you wanted to fire him without knowing who the replacement would be, and I was more cautious.

Sounds like Crean is making the"haterz" keep talking about him by doing interviews. I don't see why they are forced to keep talking about him, and it's almost like they don't know they won. For example, I threw away some old chicken bones yesterday, but I chose not to talk about them. Was that because the chicken bones were not doing interviews?

Your post clearly states why IU had to fire Crean. I haven't once seen or heard someone support keeping Crean because he is an outstanding Coach. I have never once heard him described as being an elite coach. I have never heard anyone suggest that he is a great coaching mind.

Nope, the people that defend keeping Crean said we couldn't do better. We had to settle because there were no better alternatives. Or, my favorite, IU isn't elite, and has never been, so it's OK if we have the 6th best coach in the Big Ten.

IU Had to make a change because that's what any top program would do.

If Crean supporters want to have any credibility that need to show that he was an outstanding coach, an elite coach. Instead they deflected ....knowing that he isn't even an average coach in the Big Ten.

I understand all those things as well as you. The difference is that you wanted to fire him without knowing who the replacement would be, and I was more cautious.

Sounds like Crean is making the"haterz" keep talking about him by doing interviews. I don't see why they are forced to keep talking about him, and it's almost like they don't know they won. For example, I threw away some old chicken bones yesterday, but I chose not to talk about them. Was that because the chicken bones were not doing interviews?
Firing a coach without knowing who the replacement will be is kinda how it works in sports. You're not trying to suggest otherwise, are you? Have you followed this stuff for very long or are you new to it?

The difference is that you wanted to fire him without knowing who the replacement would be, and I was more cautious.

No coach in the country worth having would have formally interviewed for the position while the incumbent was still in the job.

Gauging interest is not the same as formal interviews . . . firing Crean had to be done to move the program forward.

Besides, it was the only fair treatment of Crean, too, given that the administration had lost confidence in his ability to keep the program moving forward. In fact, if there's any criticism that can be leveled at Glass, it's that he didn't act sooner, such as after 4 years into the job, or after the season two years ago.

Why do you keep calling certain people "Crean supporters"?
As for myself, I have made it clear that I supported Crean while he was our coach,but now have no interest in what he does, where he works, or what he has for breakfast.

No, I am not "new to this stuff". No one suggested that we had to know "who" his replacement would be.
Some of us simply questioned whether we could get a much better replacement.
We hope we did with Archie, but the jury is still out on that.
Again, I have no problem with Crean not being our coach, & I fully support the hiring of Archie Miller.

Some of you are like a man who divorces his wife & then stalks her trying to find out who she is dating, how she spends her evenings, what her new job is, & what she is telling her friends about you & your former relationship.

Wouldn't your time be better spent discussing constructive subjects instead of just trying to tear the man down?
He's gone. Time to let go.

Again, I have no problem with Crean not being our coach, & I fully support the hiring of Archie Miller.

Some of you are like a man who divorces his wife & then stalks her trying to find out who she is dating, how she spends her evenings, what her new job is, & what she is telling her friends about you & your former relationship.

Wouldn't your time be better spent discussing constructive subjects instead of just trying to tear the man down?

Your excuse about being worried about Crean's replacement is nonsense. There are dozens of coaches who are better than him. He was a really bad coach at IU.

Lastly, IU fans will leave Crean alone as soon as he stops playing the boo hoo poor me IU did me wrong card. You realize he has done multiple interviews where he infers IU treated him poorly? Never once has he owned up for being a failure at IU. Not to mention he didn't even have the integrity to meet with Glass (who stuck his neck out for Crean several time), which shows you the true character of the guy.

The irony of you trying to call out people for spending time discussing Crean still, while you post numerous posts still defending the guy. You sound like an ex-husband who is still trying to get back his ex-wife even though she constantly cheated on him and treated him poorly. Let her go she was always an awful person. You deserve better!

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
You made my point.
I would let her go.
Something you can't seem to do.

On another note, your reading comprehension is really poor.
I have made it clear I am not defending Crean.

I think if Tom would have just gone away the haters would have too. This whiney @$$ sympathy tour is just getting on people's nerves. It'll pass soon enough.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Why do you keep calling certain people "Crean supporters"?
As for myself, I have made it clear that I supported Crean while he was our coach,but now have no interest in what he does, where he works, or what he has for breakfast.

No, I am not "new to this stuff". No one suggested that we had to know "who" his replacement would be.

Nah I think you have it backwards...we're newly divorced and we want to move on but she keeps publically telling everyone that we were abusive, bipolar and emotionally distant but she still prays for us in some over exaggerated way that she thinks will gain sympathy while making us look bad.

Little does she realize that she just looks pathetic when she passively aggressively bad mouths us.

Yeah, f that.

Would you please tell her to stop and just move on? Thank you.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Nah, I think I have it right.

I've seen it for the last 2 years on this board.

Nobody knows if Archie will be better. We just know what Tom was. He wasn't good enough. He had all kinds of resources at his disposal and didn't get it done. He got paid a big boy salary to get big boy results. He didn't.

Let's see what someone else can do. Tom's return on investment just wasn't good enough. There are no guarantees with Archie. But if you wait for a guarantee you'll be waiting forever.

Personal attack?

Only thing "silly" is your interpretation (if you want to consider THAT an attack, be my guest . . .)

More cautious for what?

Was "caution" going to change the fact of anything I listed? Was "caution" going to make the increasing fan apathy subside? Was "caution" somehow going to improve IU's stature among recruits going forward?

There were very few options that would not have been an improvement over what we got from Crean. Not understanding that he HAD to go (should have 2 years ago) and wanting to be "cautious" is, again, very telling (again, if you want to consider THAT an attack, be my guest . . .).

Sounds like Crean is making the"haterz" keep talking about him by doing interviews. I don't see why they are forced to keep talking about him

Just as we don't see why he wants to continue the "woe is me" charade thru the media. The man was paid over $20 million to coach basketball and came up woefully short of expectations. He could not consistently produce teams that could compete on a national stage - and expecting any less with IU's resources is settling (do we really need to bring back the commercials?).

I threw away some old chicken bones yesterday, but I chose not to talk about them. Was that because the chicken bones were not doing interviews?

Talk about silly . . .

Reactions: .Gerdis
Nobody knows if Archie will be better. We just know what Tom was. He wasn't good enough. He had all kinds of resources at his disposal and didn't get it done. He got paid a big boy salary to get big boy results. He didn't.

Let's see what someone else can do. Tom's return on investment just wasn't good enough. There are no guarantees with Archie. But if you wait for a guarantee you'll be waiting forever.

I don't disagree with anything you say in this post.
I just say it's time to look to the future & let go of the bad experience.

I guess some people can't be happy unless they are beating on someone.

Sad.

You made my point.
I would let her go.
Something you can't seem to do.

On another note, your reading comprehension is really poor.
I have made it clear I am not defending Crean.

This is funny coming from you. You have made 7-8 posts in this thread standing up for Crean, but you have moved past him? If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted anything. My reading comprehension is fine. The truth is you were a Crean fanboy until the end and here you are still defending him and you can't stand it when people point out the truth, he wasn't a good coach.

This is an Indiana basketball forum. Sometimes people will talk about Indiana basketball coaches, past and present, pointing out Crean was a terrible coach (when one of those threads are started) doesn't mean I hate the guy or haven't gotten past him, they're just facts about his tenure at IU. I will actually feel bad for the next fan base who hires hims, unless it was Kentucky or Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT