ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy idea

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
The congress has the power to issue letters of marquis. This was last done in the 1800s, it is where we paid privateers to go after enemy shipping.

The crazy idea I read is to issue letters of marquis to hackers go after Russia. We would pay them, in addition they keep their spoils.

I certainly don't want to do this now, but I thought it was an interesting concept.

The congress has the power to issue letters of marquis. This was last done in the 1800s, it is where we paid privateers to go after enemy shipping.

The crazy idea I read is to issue letters of marquis to hackers go after Russia. We would pay them, in addition they keep their spoils.

I certainly don't want to do this now, but I thought it was an interesting concept.
I suspect that we're already hiring the privateers and giving them the best tools available.

I believe the folks at The Dispatch discussed that very idea recently. It’s an interesting idea.

I looked up BlueAnon and see the people using it. Nothing like copying the guy who started Pizzagate and MJT. I would come up with something else.
Huh? Oh so some turds use a buzz word that aptly describes the loons on your side and it’s off limits? Ok Marv. Got it.

This needs some fleshing out.

There's "state actors", sophisticated criminal hacking groups, and run-of-the-mill gangs.

Seems to me that the run-of-the-mill gangs are the ones primarily responsible for the spate of ransomware. They're just in it for the bucks. The Colonial hack targeted their business environment, not the pipeline itself. They weren't looking to shut down natural gas distribution, they just wanted paid.

The more sophisticated would be the ones targeting high value targets like Facebook and Walmart and the like, looking to exploit their internal data and customers.

Then there's the state actors. This is your tax money at work. Think Stuxnet.

Putin appears to be happy to see the havoc the first group is wreaking and sure isn't going to do anything about it as long as they don't fvck with any of his stuff. If you're going to turn US white hats loose, that's who they should be targeting.

Biden reminded Putin that Nord Stream wasn't invulnerable. If Putin sees us getting into it with Russia based hacker gangs, he knows it would be in his best interest to remain uninvolved.

This needs some fleshing out.

There's "state actors", sophisticated criminal hacking groups, and run-of-the-mill gangs.

Seems to me that the run-of-the-mill gangs are the ones primarily responsible for the spate of ransomware. They're just in it for the bucks. The Colonial hack targeted their business environment, not the pipeline itself. They weren't looking to shut down natural gas distribution, they just wanted paid.

The more sophisticated would be the ones targeting high value targets like Facebook and Walmart and the like, looking to exploit their internal data and customers.

Then there's the state actors. This is your tax money at work. Think Stuxnet.

Putin appears to be happy to see the havoc the first group is wreaking and sure isn't going to do anything about it as long as they don't fvck with any of his stuff. If you're going to turn US white hats loose, that's who they should be targeting.

Biden reminded Putin that Nord Stream wasn't invulnerable. If Putin sees us getting into it with Russia based hacker gangs, he knows it would be in his best interest to remain uninvolved.

I would think what we would do (again, not something I support) is target oligarchs. If they find themselves losing assets, one might assume they would pressure Putin.

Now they might pressure Putin to increase attacks, there is the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT