ADVERTISEMENT

Covid

NPT

Aug 28, 2001
If you look at this page and scroll down you'll see that that MA is in the red yet their vaccination rate is over 70%. I know those states are small up there so there is probably a lot of cross border travel but you would think with that high of a vaccination rate they wouldn't be in the red. Maybe there is no such thing as herd immunity.

If you look at this page and scroll down you'll see that that MA is in the red yet their vaccination rate is over 70%. I know those states are small up there so there is probably a lot of cross border travel but you would think with that high of a vaccination rate they wouldn't be in the red. Maybe there is no such thing as herd immunity.
Oh boy - you're gonna get it.

Citing statistics? What kind of rght-wing nut are you, anyway?

Trumpster!!

The vaccine ~90% effective against the Delta variant. That means 10 out of 100 are still at risk of getting it. At the same time, the cases that are being seen in Massachusetts aren't requiring hospitalizations to those that are vaccinated.

That's why it's for the most part not very serious for those vaccinated and over 99% of hospitalizations are from the idiots who refuse the vaccine.

Natural selection.

The vaccine ~90% effective against the Delta variant. That means 10 out of 100 are still at risk of getting it. At the same time, the cases that are being seen in Massachusetts aren't requiring hospitalizations to those that are vaccinated.

That's why it's for the most part not very serious for those vaccinated and over 99% of hospitalizations are from the idiots who refuse the vaccine.

Natural selection.
That is not true at all. Vaccinated people are getting it but not falling ill. According to this 3/4 of the infections in Singapore are people who have been vaccinated.

Reactions: DANC
That is not true at all. Vaccinated people are getting it but not falling ill. According to this 3/4 of the infections in Singapore are people who have been vaccinated.
What does “getting it” even mean when you aren’t sick? I’ve been told, and also read, that the PCR test is too sensitive. It can detect and show positive from a single copy of the virus. This sensitivity is irrelevant in a vaccinated person. Our positivity is likely overstated.

What does “getting it” even mean when you aren’t sick? I’ve been told, and also read, that the PCR test is too sensitive. It can detect and show positive from a single copy of the virus. This sensitivity is irrelevant in a vaccinated person. Our positivity is likely overstated.
I thought this was interesting but don't know anything about the site that it's on. If you can transmit it then I assume that you have it.

You foolishly wrote, "That is not true at all. Vaccinated people are getting it but not falling ill," after Dr Hoops wrote, "That's why it's for the most part not very serious for those vaccinated and over 99% of hospitalizations are from the idiots who refuse the vaccine."

Stop acting like you're a truth finder when, in fact, you agreed with what Dr Hoops posted.

You foolishly wrote, "That is not true at all. Vaccinated people are getting it but not falling ill," after Dr Hoops wrote, "That's why it's for the most part not very serious for those vaccinated and over 99% of hospitalizations are from the idiots who refuse the vaccine."

Stop acting like you're a truth finder when, in fact, you agreed with what Dr Hoops posted.
Who are you acting like/wishing to be? What an idiot

Yes mother.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Yes mother.
If you build it they will come.

If you repeat it often enough, they will believe.

gaslight-POSTER-MOVIE.jpg

Natural selection.
I agree with you that i think it's really stupid not to get the vaccine. There's bunches out there that think the vaccine contains a microchip... amazing. I'm sure all the vaccines that kids are required to take contain a microchip.🙄 I don't trust the government a lot but that is waaaaaayyyyy overboard.

I guess people think the vaccine is some invisible barrier that keeps the virus from entering your body, and not the thing that gives you the best chance of fighting off the virus if/when it does enter your body. That’s sort of the underlying assumption of vaccines. That you’ll eventually be exposed to the particular pathogen the vaccine was developed for.

I agree with you that i think it's really stupid not to get the vaccine. There's bunches out there that think the vaccine contains a microchip... amazing. I'm sure all the vaccines that kids are required to take contain a microchip.🙄 I don't trust the government a lot but that is waaaaaayyyyy overboard.
Is that what Bill Gates transmitted to you to say?

I guess people think the vaccine is some invisible barrier that keeps the virus from entering your body, and not the thing that gives you the best chance of fighting off the virus if/when it does enter your body. That’s sort of the underlying assumption of vaccines. That you’ll eventually be exposed to the particular pathogen the vaccine was developed for.
I haven't read how the mutation rate of this virus compares to some of the other viruses. I know that I was reading about one virus (can't remember which one) that mutated like crazy.

So, if you have "Moderator" in your posts, you hope people automatically think you know what you are talking about, right?

So, if you have "Moderator" in your posts, you hope people automatically think you know what you are talking about, right?

While I agree with you on the general content of your retort to NPT's post itself, attacking him for having the moderator title to his moniker is uncalled for. He is a moderator after all, and his moniker has the title "moderator" attached to it. Demanding him to remove the "title" just for this post is uncalled for.

While I agree with you on the general content of your retort to NPT's post itself, attacking him for having the moderator title to his moniker is uncalled for. He is a moderator after all, and his moniker has the title "moderator" attached to it. Demanding him to remove the "title" just for this post is uncalled for.
I thought he was talking about UncleMark wanting to be a Mod.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I’m 100% in the camp now, that unless I personally develop the test protocol, I personally package the test material, I personally drive those test material to a testing site, I personally administer the test, I personally test those samples on equipment that I personally designed/ developed and manufactured, I personally analyze the data and I personally read the results.... it’s all bullshit, especially from a blue state that has an obvious need for this current situation to continue.

Prove me wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
I’m 100% in the camp now, that unless I personally develop the test protocol, I personally package the test material, I personally drive those test material to a testing site, I personally administer the test, I personally test those samples on equipment that I personally designed/ developed and manufactured, I personally analyze the data and I personally read the results.... it’s all bullshit, especially from a blue state that has an obvious need for this current situation to continue.

Prove me wrong.
If you look at the data, the "risk level" appears to be based on infection rate, which might be higher in some states like MA and RI because of higher testing. You'll note they score a lot better in other metrics.

I am not sure whether I am looking at the same data/map you are.
With the exception of Cal and Mass, and California is California, your map seems to show that the highly vaccinated states have less CV.

What am I missing?

If you look at the data, the "risk level" appears to be based on infection rate, which might be higher in some states like MA and RI because of higher testing. You'll note they score a lot better in other metrics.
Yeah I noticed that but the risk level is based on more than just infection rate because when I look at Arkansas (red with an infection rate of 1.29) and compare that to Texas (yellow with an infection rate of 1.38) I have to assume that formula must look at several factors.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Population density could be a factor as well. Higher urban/rural ratio. That's low hanging fruit for the new variant.

I am not sure whether I am looking at the same data/map you are.
With the exception of Cal and Mass, and California is California, your map seems to show that the highly vaccinated states have less CV.

What am I missing?
I am looking at the risk level of being infected... red is bad and green (which there are no states) is good. I just assumed that the better a state was vaccinated the less risk there would be. It says Vermont is 75% vaccinated but it's rated the same as most other states except the southeast. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like a month for now. It may be that it's too early to tell.

Reactions: DANC and meridian

Prove me wrong.
I think what you wrote is a bunch of BS. I think it was hoos that linked this page last year sometimes and it definitely shows that there were a LOT more deaths than normal last year. (Scroll to the bottom to look at graph).

If you look at the countries with high vaccination rates (US, UK, EU, Israel) never really faced a major spike in deaths to go with this wave, unlike the countries where majorities are still unvaccinated.

Vaccine skeptics throw out random theories like "Delta is less deadly" and it's because "it's only hitting young people now" to try to justify their preset conclusions, but the data clearly shows that those theories are wrong and vaccines are the difference.

That's exactly what I said. 10 out of 100% will get Covid, even after being vaccinated. They aren't the ones being hospitalized. The people who haven't been vaccinated are going to the hospital and sometimes dying. 99.3% of people in hospitals currently are unvaccinated.

You can spread it. That's what it means.

ADVERTISEMENT