ADVERTISEMENT

Covid

I’m 100% in the camp now, that unless I personally develop the test protocol, I personally package the test material, I personally drive those test material to a testing site, I personally administer the test, I personally test those samples on equipment that I personally designed/ developed and manufactured, I personally analyze the data and I personally read the results.... it’s all bullshit, especially from a blue state that has an obvious need for this current situation to continue.

Prove me wrong.
The unvaccinated are causing this to continue and worsen. The numbers prove it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
No one (in his right mind) disputes that. What is problematic is that despite the continuation and worsening, the effects are being downplayed or flat out denied and/or it's being turned into a debate on personal autonomy. Common sense and personal responsibility have gone out the window.

Reactions: outside shooter
First, Trump said he's the guy who got these vaccines developed at warp speed, but a couple days ago Trump said (in Arizona) that the Trump supporters are afraid to get Covid vaccines because they don't trust Biden.

How could President Trump make them develop all these vaccines with microchips and magnetic particles that cause blood clots and mental illness? Doesn't he love America anymore? (LOL)

First, Trump said he's the guy who got these vaccines developed at warp speed, but a couple days ago Trump said (in Arizona) that the Trump supporters are afraid to get Covid vaccines because they don't trust Biden.

How could President Trump make them develop all these vaccines with microchips and magnetic particles that cause blood clots and mental illness? Doesn't he love America anymore? (LOL)
You are throwing out crazy shit vs legitimate concerns .You are just as crazy as the far right. I watched a stuttering dementia ridden fool saying get a shot because I say its ok. People have legitimate concerns and questions that aren't crazy. Obviously crazy is all you seem to understand. You think it is all just political because you are so immersed in being a sheep you don't care or choose to think for yourself. There are a lot of people on both sides that view healthcare differently than you. But hey would should just all go with what an idiot named stuffshot on a message board says right?

No one (in his right mind) disputes that. What is problematic is that despite the continuation and worsening, the effects are being downplayed or flat out denied and/or it's being turned into a debate on personal autonomy. Common sense and personal responsibility have gone out the window.
As long as you guys wear masks in public you’ll be fine….

As long as you guys wear masks in public you’ll be fine….
You've got it backwards. It's the unvaccinated who need to wear the masks. Getting that point across is what makes this shit so difficult. If you choose to remain vulnerable, so be it. But you have no right to pose a danger to others.

You've got it backwards. It's the unvaccinated who need to wear the masks. Getting that point across is what makes this shit so difficult. If you choose to remain vulnerable, so be it. But you have no right to pose a danger to others.
I’m fully vaccinated. I don’t feel vulnerable, that’s why I got the vaccine. The people that aren’t getting vaccinated don’t feel vulnerable(duh!). You do, so wear a mask….

You should probably lock yourself in your trailer for eternity then.

I’m fully vaccinated. I don’t feel vulnerable, that’s why I got the vaccine. The people that aren’t getting vaccinated don’t feel vulnerable(duh!). You do, so wear a mask….
So now it's all about the feelz?

Feelings aren't facts. They have no bearing on ones vulnerability. The unvaccinated pose a danger to others. Fact. Those others are almost universally unvaccinated. Nevertheless, they don't deserve to be endangered. Masks don't protect the wearer well, but they do reduce the transmission risk posed by an infected wearer.

You should probably lock yourself in your trailer for eternity then.
I'm vaccinated. I'm not concerned about myself. It's other unvaccinated people who are at risk. They may be stupid, but they don't deserve to die.

No cities are implementing mask mandates again. Vax or no vax. Doesn’t matter much to me but if restrictions follow things will get ugly I fear

What does “getting it” even mean when you aren’t sick? I’ve been told, and also read, that the PCR test is too sensitive. It can detect and show positive from a single copy of the virus. This sensitivity is irrelevant in a vaccinated person. Our positivity is likely overstated.

You think? Jon Rahm tests positive, goes out and wins a major two weeks later, gets vaccinated, and now tests positive again within two months after his first positive test

Reactions: twenty02
You are throwing out crazy shit vs legitimate concerns .You are just as crazy as the far right. I watched a stuttering dementia ridden fool saying get a shot because I say its ok. People have legitimate concerns and questions that aren't crazy. Obviously crazy is all you seem to understand. You think it is all just political because you are so immersed in being a sheep you don't care or choose to think for yourself. There are a lot of people on both sides that view healthcare differently than you. But hey would should just all go with what an idiot named stuffshot on a message board says right?
Well, that would be far better than paying attention to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
C'mon that is overboard. Biden is not a fool ... I believe that he has a health issue. That should be a concern for everyone and politics shouldn't be part of it.

I'm vaccinated. I'm not concerned about myself. It's other unvaccinated people who are at risk. They may be stupid, but they don't deserve to die.
What’s up with all this “get vaccinated or die” baloney? We hear this from Biden and millions of others. This is why any rational discussion about vaccines is impossible.

What exactly is the point of the masks in this video?
How are we supposed to answer that question? It's a BBQ/ Birthday party for Rep Charlie Crist hosted by the Deerfield Beach Dem club. Since this is a gathering of politically active Dems, I'd assume everyone is vaccinated. I imagine those wearing masks are exercising safety concerns with the Delta ravaging FL, as well as showing a contrast to DeSantis's lukewarm approach to managing the Delta...

Crist is wearing a mask, and without a doubt, DeSantis's cavalier attitude to the virus and esp to Delta and the vax will be issues in '22. It's not like FL had to become the leading state in Delta infections with close to 25% of all new cases. DeSantis made choices and some agree and some don't, but it's not exactly a shock that DeSantis policies have led to higher refusal rates and caseloads than elsewhere. According to NYT...

"Public health experts have fruitlessly warned for months that the virus — any version of it — would resurge if the country did not vaccinate enough of the population quickly enough. Bill Hanage, a public health researcher at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, predicted in January that Florida might have a rough summer. Now 1 in 5 new infections nationwide is in Florida."

Anyone listen to Dr. Dakich today? Apparently Dan knows several healthy people who got the jab and then died of blood clots shortly after.

No, diversions like this are what kill rational discussions.
What diversion? In a thread about COVID why the discussion often boils down to COVID=death needs to be discussed. This attitude has caused significant collateral damage.

How are we supposed to answer that question? It's a BBQ/ Birthday party for Rep Charlie Crist hosted by the Deerfield Beach Dem club. Since this is a gathering of politically active Dems, I'd assume everyone is vaccinated. I imagine those wearing masks are exercising safety concerns with the Delta ravaging FL, as well as showing a contrast to DeSantis's lukewarm approach to managing the Delta...

Crist is wearing a mask, and without a doubt, DeSantis's cavalier attitude to the virus and esp to Delta and the vax will be issues in '22. It's not like FL had to become the leading state in Delta infections with close to 25% of all new cases. DeSantis made choices and some agree and some don't, but it's not exactly a shock that DeSantis policies have led to higher refusal rates and caseloads than elsewhere. According to NYT...

"Public health experts have fruitlessly warned for months that the virus — any version of it — would resurge if the country did not vaccinate enough of the population quickly enough. Bill Hanage, a public health researcher at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, predicted in January that Florida might have a rough summer. Now 1 in 5 new infections nationwide is in Florida."

The NYT is out today with this excellent article on vaccine hesitancy, and what may be waiting in the wings following Delta. I thought this was telling...

"America is one of the few countries with enough vaccines at its disposal to protect every resident — and yet it has the highest rates of vaccine hesitance or refusal of any nation except Russia." (Certainly a source of pride. DWS...)

Why vaccine hesitancy is such a problem...

"Every infected person, anywhere in the world, offers the coronavirus another opportunity to morph into a new variant. The more infections there are globally, the more likely new variants will arise.

The United States will be vulnerable to every one of them until it can immunize millions of people who now refuse to get the vaccine, are still persuadable but hesitant or have not yet gained access. The unvaccinated will set the country on fire over and over again."

The hesitancy issue has two main players. People who are unvaccinated AND people who are themselves vaccinated (like Tucker Carlson) and yet traffic in promoting doubt and conspiracy theories to (I guess) keep others from getting vaccinated? It seems like a nearly equal mix of naked grift and political posturing...

But the Times also points out that while the risk of death to the vaccinated are highly mitigated, that continued vaccine refusal may lead to increased tensions between the vaxed and the unvaxed. It could also lead to the reinstitution of public health measures, that those opposed to the vaccine were to a large extent protesting against PRIOR to the existence of a vaccine...

So I struggle to understand what the end game is for the unvaxed. They don't want to wear masks, they don't want businesses shutdown/ lockdowns, and they don't want to participate in lifesaving measures like getting a shot. These new variants are going to continue to rampage thru the unvaxed, and hospitalizations and deaths among that group are going to continue to be a reality.

So what do they expect people in the medical profession to do? This video of a nurse in Arkansas who shares her experiences of being accused of faking covid deaths and "murdering people" demonstrates the fallacy of any claim the unvaxed just want to be left alone and die on their own. They aren't willing to follow mask rules, and they aren't content to let doctors and nurses treat the sick.

This woman Sunny speaks of nurses she knows who have quit over "compassion fatigue". They just aren't able to muster the caring for people who get sick after refusing the vax, in light of all the people they've treated who would have taken the vax in a heartbeat, but died early on before there was a miracle vax available.

I think as more and more of these cases spread and the unvaccinated remain so intransigent and refuse to take a simple shot, that this sort of "compassion fatigue" is going to set in among the vaxed population with regards to how we regard the unvaxed.

Again,I just don't get the end game for the vaccine refusers, esp those like the woman in the video whose 8 yr old son got really sick with covid and (in her own words) is still sick a lot of the time? I fear some of these folks are going to have to experience actual loss, and unfortunately that might not even be enough to fix the extremely stupid...

Reactions: outside shooter
Anyone listen to Dr. Dakich today? Apparently Dan knows several healthy people who got the jab and then died of blood clots shortly after.
Something like 20 people out of millions got sick, not even died, and the J&J vaccine was suspended for a week or 2. I seriously doubt what Dakich is saying is true.

What diversion? In a thread about COVID why the discussion often boils down to COVID=death needs to be discussed. This attitude has caused significant collateral damage.
Maybe that's what people are hearing. It's not what Mark said. It seems pretty clear, though, the people dying are almost entirely unvaccinated. Does that call for mask mandates? Maybe not.

Reactions: UncleMark
Maybe that's what people are hearing. It's not what Mark said. It seems pretty clear, though, the people dying are almost entirely unvaccinated. Does that call for mask mandates? Maybe not.
Ha. You must follow the Outside Shooter school of relevant statistics. If one gets COVID, you have approximately 99% chance of survival. This is true wether or not you are vaccinated.

Yeah, I know that is an overall statistic and the percentage of survival decreases for vulnerable groups. This is why we need to continue with a push to vaccinate those groups.

Yeah, mark did equate unvaccinated with death.

The NYT is out today with this excellent article on vaccine hesitancy, and what may be waiting in the wings following Delta. I thought this was telling...

"America is one of the few countries with enough vaccines at its disposal to protect every resident — and yet it has the highest rates of vaccine hesitance or refusal of any nation except Russia." (Certainly a source of pride. DWS...)

Why vaccine hesitancy is such a problem...

"Every infected person, anywhere in the world, offers the coronavirus another opportunity to morph into a new variant. The more infections there are globally, the more likely new variants will arise.

The United States will be vulnerable to every one of them until it can immunize millions of people who now refuse to get the vaccine, are still persuadable but hesitant or have not yet gained access. The unvaccinated will set the country on fire over and over again."

The hesitancy issue has two main players. People who are unvaccinated AND people who are themselves vaccinated (like Tucker Carlson) and yet traffic in promoting doubt and conspiracy theories to (I guess) keep others from getting vaccinated? It seems like a nearly equal mix of naked grift and political posturing...

But the Times also points out that while the risk of death to the vaccinated are highly mitigated, that continued vaccine refusal may lead to increased tensions between the vaxed and the unvaxed. It could also lead to the reinstitution of public health measures, that those opposed to the vaccine were to a large extent protesting against PRIOR to the existence of a vaccine...

So I struggle to understand what the end game is for the unvaxed. They don't want to wear masks, they don't want businesses shutdown/ lockdowns, and they don't want to participate in lifesaving measures like getting a shot. These new variants are going to continue to rampage thru the unvaxed, and hospitalizations and deaths among that group are going to continue to be a reality.

So what do they expect people in the medical profession to do? This video of a nurse in Arkansas who shares her experiences of being accused of faking covid deaths and "murdering people" demonstrates the fallacy of any claim the unvaxed just want to be left alone and die on their own. They aren't willing to follow mask rules, and they aren't content to let doctors and nurses treat the sick.

This woman Sunny speaks of nurses she knows who have quit over "compassion fatigue". They just aren't able to muster the caring for people who get sick after refusing the vax, in light of all the people they've treated who would have taken the vax in a heartbeat, but died early on before there was a miracle vax available.

I think as more and more of these cases spread and the unvaccinated remain so intransigent and refuse to take a simple shot, that this sort of "compassion fatigue" is going to set in among the vaxed population with regards to how we regard the unvaxed.

Again,I just don't get the end game for the vaccine refusers, esp those like the woman in the video whose 8 yr old son got really sick with covid and (in her own words) is still sick a lot of the time? I fear some of these folks are going to have to experience actual loss, and unfortunately that might not even be enough to fix the extremely stupid...

You're asking what motivates people who won't wear masks, won't observe distancing, oppose lockdowns, and refuse free vaccinations? It's not difficult.
photo-dont-tell-me-what-to-do.jpg

Something like 20 people out of millions got sick, not even died, and the J&J vaccine was suspended for a week or 2. I seriously doubt what Dakich is saying is true.
Yep.

Out of millions upon millions of people who received one of the vaccines, "several" people experiencing something Dakich claimed is not statistically significant for a specific vaccine or a specific type of patient.

Ha. You must follow the Outside Shooter school of relevant statistics. If one gets COVID, you have approximately 99% chance of survival. This is true wether or not you are vaccinated.

Yeah, I know that is an overall statistic and the percentage of survival decreases for vulnerable groups. This is why we need to continue with a push to vaccinate those groups.

That's slightly better than the odds of surviving testicular cancer. I don't think people are shrugging their shoulders if they get that diagnosis, though. I'm guessing the vaccination rate would be higher for that, too, if one was available.

And the odds of getting really sick and dying are much lower if you contract COVID but are vaccinated. Like 90% lower.

mark's a bulkvanderprivilege disciple. need i say more?

Yep.

Out of millions upon millions of people who received one of the vaccines, "several" people experiencing something Dakich claimed is not statistically significant for a specific vaccine or a specific type of patient.
We've already seen an abundance of caution to be sure they're not more than statistical blips.

You seem to follow the dumbass school of COVID knowledge. You are not alone. I keep hearing inaccurate media reports all of the time, such as "Frank Reich tested positive for COVID". No, he tested positive for the SARS-COV2 virus, by PCR testing. He is asymptomatic and thus he does not have coronavirus disease 2019, aka COVID19. Why doesn't he have COVID even though he is infected with SARS-COV2? Likely because he had been vaccinated.

If you have been vaccinated, you can still be exposed to SARS-COV2 and still have SARS-COV2 begin to replicate in your body. Of course, since the vaccine isn't a force field to keep out the virus. But your immune system is locked and loaded to eradicate SARS-COV2 before you ever "get" COVID. COVID is a disease, not the infection (SARSCOV2) that can lead to a disease.

Prior to the delta variant and prior to vaccinations being widely available, anyone infected with SARS-COV2 had a fairly high chance of developing at least mild COVID19 (>50%, but variable by age group) and a significant risk of death (~2%, but variable by age group).

Vaccination has made the odds go down, dramatically, in all ages groups while delta's higher infectivity and 1000x higher viral load has made it go up, dramatically, in the unvaccinated patient population. Delta's higher infectivity and 1000x higher viral load has positive testing of the vaccinated people go up, dramatically, but those people almost never get COVID. They can, apparently, infect others at least for a short period of time.

So yes, vaccination saves lives. Antivaccination propaganda, on the other hand, costs lives. It may cost a huge amount of lives, should future varients emerge for which the existing vaccines are less effective.

This isn't really all that complicated. We have 11 months of clinical trial data showing the remarkable safety of the Pfizer vaccine, 10 months for Moderna, 8 months for J&J. We know that they work and that they are safe, relative to benefit.

You almost certainly will not get COVID if you are vaccinated, though you may test positive for the virus. If you do get COVID and you are vaccinated, you're chances of survival are almost 100%. If you do get COVID (delta variant) and you are unvaccinated, you're chances of survival are not 100%. I don't know if they are 97%, 98%, or what, but they are lower. The difference is a pretty big pile of dead bodies.

Last edited:
Reactions: TommyCracker
You seem to follow the dumbass school of COVID knowledge. You are not alone. I keep hearing inaccurate media reports all of the time, such as "Frank Reich tested positive for COVID". No, he tested positive for the SARS-COV2 virus, by PCR testing. He is asymptomatic and thus he does not have coronavirus disease 2019, aka COVID19. Why doesn't he have COVID even though he is infected with SARS-COV2? Likely because he had been vaccinated.

If you have been vaccinated, you can still be exposed to SARS-COV2 and still have SARS-COV2 begin to replicate in your body. Of course, since the vaccine isn't a force field to keep out the virus. But your immune system is locked and loaded to eradicate SARS-COV2 before you ever "get" COVID. COVID is a disease, not the infection (SARSCOV2) that can lead to a disease.

Prior to the delta variant and prior to vaccinations being widely available, anyone infected with SARS-COV2 had a fairly high chance of developing at least mild COVID19 (>50%, but variable by age group) and a significant risk of death (~2%, but variable by age group).

Vaccination has made the odds go down, dramatically, in all ages groups while delta's higher infectivity and 1000x higher viral load has made it go up, dramatically, in the unvaccinated patient population. Delta's higher infectivity and 1000x higher viral load has positive testing of the vaccinated people go up, dramatically, but those people almost never get COVID. They can, apparently, infect others at least for a short period of time.

So yes, vaccination saves lives. Antivaccination propaganda, on the other hand, costs lives. It may cost a huge amount of lives, should future varients emerge for which the existing vaccines are less effective.

This isn't really all that complicated. We have 11 months of clinical trial data showing the remarkable safety of the Pfizer vaccine, 10 months for Moderna, 8 months for J&J. We know that they work and that they are safe, relative to benefit.

You almost certainly will not get COVID if you are vaccinated, though you may test positive for the virus. If you do get COVID and you are vaccinated, you're chances of survival are almost 100%. If you do get COVID (delta variant) and you are unvaccinated, you're chances of survival are not 100%. I don't know if they are 97%, 98%, or what, but they are lower. The difference is a pretty big pile of dead bodies.
I pretty much agree with all of this and have similarly posted.

You said; ”You almost certainly will not get COVID if you are vaccinated, though you may test positive for the virus. If you do get COVID and you are vaccinated, you're chances of survival are almost 100%.” I agree. This being true, why force invasive medicine on people? In all other areas, I think our forcing meds is much more limited. And why are we allowing thousands of illegal border crossers to enter the USA every week without forcing them to be vaccinated? Seems like the government is all over the place with its priorities.

Reactions: 76-1 and Crayfish57
I pretty much agree with all of this and have similarly posted.

You said; ”You almost certainly will not get COVID if you are vaccinated, though you may test positive for the virus. If you do get COVID and you are vaccinated, you're chances of survival are almost 100%.” I agree. This being true, why force invasive medicine on people? In all other areas, I think our forcing meds is much more limited. And why are we allowing thousands of illegal border crossers to enter the USA every week without forcing them to be vaccinated? Seems like the government is all over the place with its priorities.

That's a serious concern.

There's no way for me to prove it but it's my guess that by allowing all these unvaccinated illegals in the country and then having purposely transported them to cities all over the country is most likely the match that lit this newest COVID19 Delta Varient conflagration...

Next to reach a city near you: the Lamba Variant..., compliments of the Democratic Party open borders crowd...

The lunacy of not protecting our borders in the middle of a pandemic is staggering in its scope of a willingness to subject actual citizens with literal death so the Democrats can say they reversed a "Trump" initiative... 🙄😳😡

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT