ADVERTISEMENT

Covid questions

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Wondering who's had direct experience with Covid. I watched a friends' dog and the day after she picked him back up she started feeling sick: tired, slight fever and cough, but not awful. She felt better on the 3rd day and has had no fever since. She got tested yesterday and is awaiting results, but the girl she traveled with was also sick during the same period with similar symptoms and because she was at-risk, she got a quick results test yesterday and was positive. I feel good with no fever or cough, but I do have a scratchy throat and runny nose that started yesterday and am getting tested today. I'd not worry about it and think it was my regular seasonal allergies, if not for their situations. So my question is, will I test positive if I've been exposed and am asymptomatic, and how long do they recommend quarantining if you do test positive, and is it the same length of time if you are asymptomatic? I'm sure they'll instruct me if I test positive, but just wondering about other's experience in different parts of the country. They told her friend to quarantine for 7 days from her test, but the CDC site says 10 days from positive test. Amazing to me how long this has been going on and it's still this hard to get trustworthy and consistent answers to these basic questions.

PS. I must be sick, I forgot to post hotness:

946f00b4259719f5.jpg.dpg

Last edited:
Hope it turns out well for you.

As far as how long, who really knows? I think I'd trust my family doc before the other options.

Reactions: All4You and kkott
UPDATE: I did test positive for Covid; anyone else on here had it? I've been pretty lucky as far as symptoms go, and that part has been pretty mild, but it has just knocked me on my ass as far as feeling tired. I've been flat on my back for 95% of the day since last Thursday afternoon. My case has pretty much tracked the Presidents. I think the Supreme Court nominees announcement ceremony was a week ago Saturday, and would guess that's where he was exposed, as I got exposed the next day, but other than that our timelines have been pretty comparable. I've got to quarantine through this Saturday, assuming I have 3 consecutive days with no fever prior to that. For me it's been pretty manageable. Anyone else had Covid on here?

I haven't contracted the White House virus, but my brother did, and he recovered. Be careful, COVID-45 recovery has its ups and downs.

Reactions: T.M.P.
I have been lucky enough not to have to deal with it yet...here is a video on Chris Cuomo's experience with it and his recommendations . Best of lucky buddy...

Chris Cuomo

Wondering who's had direct experience with Covid. I watched a friends' dog and the day after she picked him back up she started feeling sick: tired, slight fever and cough, but not awful. She felt better on the 3rd day and has had no fever since. She got tested yesterday and is awaiting results, but the girl she traveled with was also sick during the same period with similar symptoms and because she was at-risk, she got a quick results test yesterday and was positive. I feel good with no fever or cough, but I do have a scratchy throat and runny nose that started yesterday and am getting tested today. I'd not worry about it and think it was my regular seasonal allergies, if not for their situations. So my question is, will I test positive if I've been exposed and am asymptomatic, and how long do they recommend quarantining if you do test positive, and is it the same length of time if you are asymptomatic? I'm sure they'll instruct me if I test positive, but just wondering about other's experience in different parts of the country. They told her friend to quarantine for 7 days from her test, but the CDC site says 10 days from positive test. Amazing to me how long this has been going on and it's still this hard to get trustworthy and consistent answers to these basic questions.

946f00b4259719f5.jpg.dpg
No good deed goes unpunished.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
UPDATE: I did test positive for Covid; anyone else on here had it? I've been pretty lucky as far as symptoms go, and that part has been pretty mild, but it has just knocked me on my ass as far as feeling tired. I've been flat on my back for 95% of the day since last Thursday afternoon. My case has pretty much tracked the Presidents. I think the Supreme Court nominees announcement ceremony was a week ago Saturday, and would guess that's where he was exposed, as I got exposed the next day, but other than that our timelines have been pretty comparable. I've got to quarantine through this Saturday, assuming I have 3 consecutive days with no fever prior to that. For me it's been pretty manageable. Anyone else had Covid on here?
Best of luck to you.

Reactions: kkott

946f00b4259719f5.jpg.dpg
Good luck getting back to healthy soon. Question: how long were you together when she came to pick up the dog?

Good luck getting back to healthy soon. Question: how long were you together when she came to pick up the dog?
Probably about 2 hours. Watched the 2nd half of the Carolina Panthers game and grabbed some carryout.

Glad to hear you are doing well. It would seem that you are over the hump. Get help quick if you start feeling worse.

You must be healthy . . . same ol' kkott. 😉

I've been super lucky. Short of being asympomatic, I don't think you could have had much milder symptoms. It hasn't been nothing, but it hasn't been bad as far as "symptoms" like fever, coughing, fluid in lungs, headaches, etc... Now the exhaustion has been pretty hard to deal with. Doing anything: focus on work or email, taking a shower, folding clothes, a walk, making dinner, etc... can just about wipe you out. I've probably had 3-4 days where I pretty much stayed in bed the whole day. It's been a week and a day and my quarantine should end Saturday at this point and I feel pretty well recovered, but still very tired. Killed my libido too. I'm not sure if Phoebe walked in to my room, I could even.... oh, F that, I surely could!

WearyObeseGrayreefshark-small.gif

Did you get a pulse oximeter? My Spo2 numbers have been fluctuating between 99% to 92% the past few weeks.
I have always been concerned as I am close to someone who works in the frontline.

Did you get a pulse oximeter? My Spo2 numbers have been fluctuating between 99% to 92% the past few weeks.
I have always been concerned as I am close to someone who works in the frontline.

No, and I should have bought one online early. A friend let me use their Samsung Galaxy phone which will give you an O2 reading by holding your finger over the camera and mine was 100% with that, but no idea how accurate it is. I guess that's a standard feature of the Galaxy's health app, if you have one.

Hope you are doing well. I also had Covid. I know 11 others who have tested positive. I had a stuffy head and that's it. I was tired for a few days, but nothing too bad. I was shocked that I tested positive because I expected to feel much worse from all of the news I've heard.

Out of the 11 (or more, some still waiting results) tested positive, 7 had no symptoms. None at all. Two were hardly ill, I think one had a cough for less than a week and the other had a sore throat. One person was down for a few weeks, doing fine now and one person had a high fever for a few days, very tired still, but doing well. Each one of us said that a seasonal flu or respiratory illness was much worse.

Ages ranged from 5 people under 40, two people in their 50's., the rest were over 60. The sickest person was in their 50's. Five people belonged to the same family. The rest were from different families and locations.

I've heard that people with O type blood do much better, which seems to be true in my case. AB negative is supposed to be the worse. BTW, the oldest person from my acquaintances was 78, and had 2 heart surgeries in the past 10 years. He was one of the barely sick. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Glad to hear it ..
me too! The symptoms were really quite mild for me, but the exhaustion just knocked me on my ass. I pretty much did a normal day today and feel pretty good, so hoping I'm not wiped out tomorrow. I'm guessing it will still be another couple weeks before I'm back to "normal" and exercising and such. Definitely no joke, well, unless you're our President.

me too! The symptoms were really quite mild for me, but the exhaustion just knocked me on my ass. I pretty much did a normal day today and feel pretty good, so hoping I'm not wiped out tomorrow. I'm guessing it will still be another couple weeks before I'm back to "normal" and exercising and such. Definitely no joke, well, unless you're our President.
Start with some simple hand exercises. You know the ones you’re used to doing.

Not what I had in mind when I asked if she was a squirter!

18 customers? I have to hand it to her, that's impressive no matter how you stream it!

I have had three squirters in my life. But none of them were such turbochargers! Had my fair share of eye shots though.

Reactions: kkott

FYI - other than my brother's mother-in-law - who died allegedly from/with Covid, but who knows, the tests are all over the place - the "worst ride" I've heard about was a co-worker who got the same types of symptoms you describe - coldish/fluish/fatigue - but it still took 50+ days to get a negative test and release to go live again. Felt OK - just kept testing positive.

Just in case - save your strength for posting boobies

(I can get ya a fake doctor's release with restrictions. Small finders fee.)

FYI - other than my brother's mother-in-law - who died allegedly from/with Covid, but who knows, the tests are all over the place - the "worst ride" I've heard about was a co-worker who got the same types of symptoms you describe - coldish/fluish/fatigue - but it still took 50+ days to get a negative test and release to go live again. Felt OK - just kept testing positive.

Just in case - save your strength for posting boobies

(I can get ya a fake doctor's release with restrictions. Small finders fee.)

One of the problems with Covid, and I lay it at the foot of our President who has had basically no National response to a national and international crisis, is that there is so little in the way of "policy" and so much competing information. I have a great neighbor, but she's sort of shunned me because I didn't get a follow-up test to confirm negative results. She wanted me to because her cousin, who's a Doctor, said I should. But the nurse I've been working through said they actually don't recommend a follow up test because you are far more likely to show a false positive because you still have the anti-bodies in your blood, which was probably the case with your co-worker. The CDC policy, which they are following is at least 10 days since your symptoms or positive test, AND 24 hours with no fever, and not taking fever reducing medicine. This was really the first weekend I was back around people and it was a weird feeling, just thinking "what if" I had a slow version of it. I actually had wanted a follow up test until my nurse told me that. Anyway, that's who I'm trusting and listening too. Don't blame me if your wife turns up with covid. I definitely did not see her in that 10 day window!

Why can't this be my Doctor?

d0d1f361c4ed68738e93b11c022a81b7.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT