ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is over

nothing more authoritative than a screencapture from "The Weekend Australian"

The author's a babe, though!
(on the RIGHT)
73144c8552604955e26e1ce5adc991bc

Sharri_Markson_%288694688785%29.jpg
So we're clear, you do not believe that the Chinese have an active bio-warfare program? I am not claiming that COVID is a bioweapon, I am saying that the research for biological warfare looks exactly like the research that goes on at places like Wuhan.

Hopefully the people that wrote those articles are ugly enough to focus on concepts that you have shown time and again you don't want to get into. I await your next deflection or smart ass reply. That seems to be par for the course around here.

Reactions: hoot1
Nature makes genetic mutations all of the time. The evidence for this being a virus that was genetically engineered by human technology and released on mankind as a bioweapon is, however (to this point) precisely zero.

You may claim that the egg that I had for breakfast was something that was created by alien visitors who are trying to control my mind. I cannot disprove this hypothesis. I can, however, point to the fact that it is mind-numbingly routine to produce eggs in poultry farms, so that origin is extremely more plausible.

I can also point to the fact that it is mind-numbingly routine for zoonotic transfer to take place and give rise to a human disease outbreak, so that origin is extremely more plausible than some fancy conspiracy theory.

Isn't it the case that the Chinese have tested tens of thousands of animals in the wild and located NO link?

Nature makes genetic mutations all of the time. The evidence for this being a virus that was genetically engineered by human technology and released on mankind as a bioweapon is, however (to this point) precisely zero.

You may claim that the egg that I had for breakfast was something that was created by alien visitors who are trying to control my mind. I cannot disprove this hypothesis. I can, however, point to the fact that it is mind-numbingly routine to produce eggs in poultry farms, so that origin is extremely more plausible.

I can also point to the fact that it is mind-numbingly routine for zoonotic transfer to take place and give rise to a human disease outbreak, so that origin is extremely more plausible than some fancy conspiracy theory.

The accidental lab accident/ accidental lab leak hypothesis has always been plausible. Questioning the World Health Organization’s conclusion that any lab-leak scenario is “extremely unlikely” seems reasonable to me.

The accidental lab accident/ accidental lab leak hypothesis, even if 100% true, is far different from the often-touted claim that the virus was "created in a lab" and it was a "bioweapon that was unleashed by the Chinese".

That's all I am saying about this, and no different from anthing I have said for over a year. It is a virus that mutated from a natural state and jumped to humans. It is very likely that the jump was accidental. How that accident occurred is not known and perhaps will not be known.

The presumption that it was a mutation occurring in nature is supported by the thousands of instances where such outbreaks have occurred in the past. This graphic shows the major ones, sorted by death toll. It vastly underestimate smallpox, though, since it was not one epidemic but a scourge that affected mankind over and over again for centuries.

DeadliestPandemics-Infographic-30042021.jpg

You are intentionally misstating the argument. No one with any sense has argued that the virus was "created in a lab"; rather, that it was likely altered in a lab and escaped via the lab workers.......and there is strong circumstantial evidence to support that possibility. The corrupt MS media and much of that part of the compliant scientific community that has a stake in this type of research demonized the few brave dissenters in their midst and are now trying to brush their crap back under the rug.

The lab leak hypothesis appears to have its merits, and I have never argued otherwise. I have merely pointed out (many times) that the social media-fueled spin on the lab leak hypothesis, equating it to a planned release of a designed bioweapon, was (and still is) a stupid Trumptardian conspiracy theorist take. That's all.

Infectious disease centers always have animal vivariums, where wild animals are studied and blood samples are taken. Those animals need to be cared for, by people, involving close contact. Protocols call for PPE. It would not be odd if somebody screwed up. That would not be a "manipulated virus" but just a variant on the natural human exposure scenario.

Or maybe from a blood sample a virus was isolated live (not easy to do), grown successfully in cell culture (very, very hard to do), and spilled/dropped/inhaled somehow. That would also not be a "manipulated virus" or "bioweapon" but just another variant on the natural human exposure scenario.
You’re backpedaling furiously. This is an earlier post of yours:
Neither of those scenarios involves the virus being, in any way, "created" in a lab. It came from a natural virus that infected people, either people who came in contact with bats or a secondary carrier, or people exposed to the natural virus in a lab accident.

My point was that it was, with 100% certainty, not genetically engineered in a lab.
The earlier argument was not how it was introduced to people, but how it was created. You threw a fit when it was suggested that the Chinese created the virus. Quit being disingenuous...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
You are intentionally misstating the argument. No one with any sense has argued that the virus was "created in a lab"; rather, that it was likely altered in a lab and escaped via the lab workers.......and there is strong circumstantial evidence to support that possibility. The corrupt MS media and much of that part of the compliant scientific community that has a stake in this type of research demonized the few brave dissenters in their midst and are now trying to brush their crap back under the rug.

Another exhibit of rightwing brainwashing

Another example of a left wing cuck who would rather be servile to a foreign power than admit even the possibility something may or may not have happened solely basked on who posted it. Outside Shitter welcomes you to the club...

Back to the OP. Covid is over. We just needed one election cycle to slow the curve.

See you in the fall folks.

Who is the brainwashed masses? Bet that the take of the people who said that this escaped from a Chinese lab ends up being closer to the truth than all the people who fed you lies about this being wild conspiracy theory territory.

I'll leave what this says about the leaders of the modern left for another day, but the way this has gone down ties in very nicely with the Andrew Sullivan article on CRT that CoH posted.

Edit to add: There is a bunch of editorializing in the posted article that I disagree with, but people like Hickory need their truth immersed in things that agree with their world view. I figure if the truth is bathed in "racist Trump", wingnuts, right wing media and the like that reality might get through to even the most dense partisans.

It is you who was brainwashed Hickory. It is you who has the truth blocked from you when it is deemed unhelpful by those that control you.

Ok, post your laugh face and/or one liner now. I know it will take awhile for reality to sink in with you. Hopefully the article dumbed the message down enough for even you to grasp what has happened here over the last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
Here is where you opined on traceless gene insertion. You argue that Wuhan doesn't have the "know-how, equipment, and expertise," likening it to the unskilled workers at Jiffy Lube working on a fancy sports car.

But here is an article from 16 years ago, Development of mouse hepatitis virus and SARS-CoV infectious cDNA constructs by Ralph S. Baric of the University of North Carolina. In it, in Fig. 2 here--https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Use-of-Esp3I-in-the-traditional-and-no-see-um-approaches-The-traditional-approach-to_fig1_8119695 Baric describes exactly how to do a "no see um" gene editing approach, and given the title, I assume he did it on SARS-CoV. That was at UNC 16 years ago. I assume the "know-how" and "expertise," then, has been around for at least a decade among geneticists and virologists. (I'd say that's most likely a conservative estimate, too.)

We also know that this very same Ralph S. Baric teamed up with Shi of the Wuhan Institute of Virology to specifically alter bat coronaviruses five years before our current pandemic. https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985 This was also discussed in the Wade article, linked once again:

Regarding the equipment needed, I do not believe it is that complex or expensive and that Wuhan has the required equipment; but I readily admit I do not know that.
A good, shorter summary of this debate. Note it says that, while it is more likely that COVID-19 has a natural origin, it is still possible that it was genetically modified in WIV, and scientists are calling for that to be investigated.

Well, at least safety and security at these labs is one someone's radar.
HAJAJAHA …… what virtue signal is this? Maybe Fauxi patents/ copyrights and royalties expired?

Swamp gonna be moist, veeeeeery moist!

Who is the brainwashed masses? Bet that the take of the people who said that this escaped from a Chinese lab ends up being closer to the truth than all the people who fed you lies about this being wild conspiracy theory territory.

I'll leave what this says about the leaders of the modern left for another day, but the way this has gone down ties in very nicely with the Andrew Sullivan article on CRT that CoH posted.

Edit to add: There is a bunch of editorializing in the posted article that I disagree with, but people like Hickory need their truth immersed in things that agree with their world view. I figure if the truth is bathed in "racist Trump", wingnuts, right wing media and the like that reality might get through to even the most dense partisans.

It is you who was brainwashed Hickory. It is you who has the truth blocked from you when it is deemed unhelpful by those that control you.

Ok, post your laugh face and/or one liner now. I know it will take awhile for reality to sink in with you. Hopefully the article dumbed the message down enough for even you to grasp what has happened here over the last year.
Maybe some people around here should start reading some of that alternative media....

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
HAJAJAHA …… what virtue signal is this? Maybe Fauxi patents/ copyrights and royalties expired?

Swamp gonna be moist, veeeeeery moist!
Show me one patent Fauci has profited from. Show me one copyright Fauci even owns.

Woah. This thread is a blast from the past. I’ll tell you what. I’ve been skimming it and this “HooDatGuy” that started the thread is/ was extremely prescient. Covid was over for all intents and purposes in early 2021 (more like June 2020 but I digress).

If I have to offer one critique, he/ she was a little to keen on the effectiveness of the vaccines but I like to think whoever it is has changed their mind since then.

Either way, I love the optimism, seems like a fun loving, cool, smart, clever, handsome guy.

So we're clear, you do not believe that the Chinese have an active bio-warfare program? I am not claiming that COVID is a bioweapon, I am saying that the research for biological warfare looks exactly like the research that goes on at places like Wuhan.

Hopefully the people that wrote those articles are ugly enough to focus on concepts that you have shown time and again you don't want to get into. I await your next deflection or smart ass reply. That seems to be par for the course around here.

Craze, completely agree with your thoughts about Covid being a warning about biological attacks.

Unfortunately IMO we still don't have a consensus on how to deal with a future attack in spite of what should have been a warning to get our act together.

Reactions: DANC and IUCrazy2
A good, shorter summary of this debate. Note it says that, while it is more likely that COVID-19 has a natural origin, it is still possible that it was genetically modified in WIV, and scientists are calling for that to be investigated.

Holy shit, you've been posting here for over 2 years?

Guess time flies when one is pissing into the wind....aka participating in the WC.

Craze, completely agree with your thoughts about Covid being a warning about biological attacks.

Unfortunately IMO we still don't have a consensus on how to deal with a future attack in spite of what should have been a warning to get our act together.
Oh but we sure as hell now know how to spot a false flag attack from domestic terrorist enemies.
There was MUCH behavior learned during this covid exercise.

Reactions: DANC
Woah. This thread is a blast from the past. I’ll tell you what. I’ve been skimming it and this “HooDatGuy” that started the thread is/ was extremely prescient. Covid was over for all intents and purposes in early 2021 (more like June 2020 but I digress).

If I have to offer one critique, he/ she was a little to keen on the effectiveness of the vaccines but I like to think whoever it is has changed their mind since then.

Either way, I love the optimism, seems like a fun loving, cool, smart, clever, handsome guy.
Your rakes on Covid and vaxxes are laughably uninformed and politically based

So dumb

I thought a warning about biological attacks was this cocaine they found in the White House. They don't know whose it was. So I thought about it. What if it wasn't cocaine? What if it was fentanyl or some other poisonous agent? If someone can get cocaine in the White House they can get anything in.

We are under attack then and now. The Chinese are shipping product to Mexico and helping cartels manufacture fentanyl too. They use the cartels to run it over the border.

Covid may have started as an accident but the Chinese sized on an opportunity.

If anyone wants to understand the Chinese they need to read about US foreign policy toward China before, during and after China's Civil War and read about the Korean war to understand China's motivations.

I thought a warning about biological attacks was this cocaine they found in the White House. They don't know whose it was. So I thought about it. What if it wasn't cocaine? What if it was fentanyl or some other poisonous agent? If someone can get cocaine in the White House they can get anything in.
So, if it was fentanyl there was a danger someone might just decide to snort it or eat it, not knowing what it was?

Or it gets airborne and kills the President and or his staff.
Good grief. How is fentanyl going to get airborne from a cubby/locker? Plus, it would take a very large amount airborne to conceivably cause an overdose reaction. Like a cloud of fentanyl.

Everybody who gets into the White House has permission.

Everybody who gets into the White House has permission.
Yes, around 500 of them, on the weekend in question, for the location in question. The decision was (apparently) not to do an in-depth investigation of all 500, since there would be no probable cause to allow (for example) drug testing of the 500 people. Short of getting a confession, trying to solve the case (with a very low chance of success) seemed a waste of limited resources.

Yes, around 500 of them, on the weekend in question, for the location in question. The decision was (apparently) not to do an in-depth investigation of all 500, since there would be no probable cause to allow (for example) drug testing of the 500 people. Short of getting a confession, trying to solve the case (with a very low chance of success) seemed a waste of limited resources.
And zero interviews with any of the 500. Or even with Hunter.

Some investigation....

The secret service spokesperson said the small amount of cocaine, 208 milligrams or about .007 ounce, would only result in a misdemeanor charge in the District of Columbia. The agency determined that did not warrant the expenditure of resources it would take to request wholly voluntary interviews of 500 people. The interviews would have to have been voluntary, again because of lack of probable cause for any specific individual.

Someone asked earlier what if it had been something like anthrax. Then you would have more than a misdemeanor level offense, so the investigation would have higher priority. Yet there would still be issues of probable cause. It's the price we pay for living in free society with constitutionally protected rights.

What would be legal- more cameras, assignment of locker space to specific individuals, sniffing dogs, etc. Pay for it and I guess it can happen.

• Haha
The secret service spokesperson said the small amount of cocaine, 208 milligrams or about .007 ounce, would only result in a misdemeanor charge in the District of Columbia. The agency determined that did not warrant the expenditure of resources it would take to request wholly voluntary interviews of 500 people. The interviews would have to have been voluntary, again because of lack of probable cause for any specific individual.

Someone asked earlier what if it had been something like anthrax. Then you would have more than a misdemeanor level offense, so the investigation would have higher priority. Yet there would still be issues of probable cause. It's the price we pay for living in free society with constitutionally protected rights.

What would be legal- more cameras, assignment of locker space to specific individuals, sniffing dogs, etc. Pay for it and I guess it can happen.
I don't think the cost would be prohibitive. lmao

And zero interviews with any of the 500. Or even with Hunter.

Some investigation....
So, they should track down all 500 people, interrogate them, drug test them, make them take polygraphs, etc.? What exactly do you think they should be doing for something like this?

I believe they already have sniffing dogs - they just aren't the type that sniff for recreational drugs.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
So, they should track down all 500 people,
OK
interrogate them,
Only voluntarily. A few might comply. You need probable cause to compel any person to be interviewed. It doesn't exist. A person being "one of 500 who could have done it" is not probable cause, for any judge.
drug test them,
illegal. No probable cause
make them take polygraphs, etc.?
What exactly do you think they should be doing for something like this?
review cameras, if any, talk to people in charge, interview anyone on the list of 500 with any drug history, if they consent to an interview, because that is the law.

Beyond that, there isn't much else to do.

But the moron will laugh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
OK

only voluntarily. A few might comply.

review cameras, if any, talk to people in charge, interview anyone on the list of 500 with any drug history, if they consent to an interview, because that is the law.

Beyond that, there isn't much else to do.

But the moron will laugh.
I think even what you suggest is a waste of resources for the tiny amount of cocaine that was found in an ostensibly public area of the White House.

Reminds me of the time when someone in our dorm suite (of 10) shot a bottle rocket out the window and it came a bit close to an RA. He stormed into our dorm, commandeered our floor counselor, and marched down the hall to our suite - "I don't know who it was but he's going to pay. He was wearing a green shirt."

It was St. Patrick's day. We all had on green shirts. I thought the RA's head might explode.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT