ADVERTISEMENT

Covid is over

Does it look over, in India?

Thought-provoking comment from an Indian doctor:

"Social distancing is a privilege, since it means that you live in a space large enough to practice it. Hand washing is a privilege, since it means that you have access to fresh running water. Hand sanitizers are a privilege, since it takes money to buy them. Lockdowns are a privilege, since it takes money to be able to stay at home. Millions of poor are destined to die from a disease that was largely spread by the rich as they flew around the globe. The poor lack the privileges to combat it and our health care system is overwhelmed."

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Does it look over, in India?

Thought-provoking comment from an Indian doctor:

"Social distancing is a privilege, since it means that you live in a space large enough to practice it. Hand washing is a privilege, since it means that you have access to fresh running water. Hand sanitizers are a privilege, since it takes money to buy them. Lockdowns are a privilege, since it takes money to be able to stay at home. Millions of poor are destined to die from a disease that was largely spread by the rich as they flew around the globe. The poor lack the privileges to combat it and our health care system is overwhelmed."

I was unaware the rich ate at wet markets in inland China

Reactions: Schnitzelbonkers
Like many things you balance the risk. Getting vaccinated is a must but to act like there’s no risk or that doctors and scientists or companies don’t F up is childish. 15 million doses were contaminated. Shit happens

4178 deaths have been reported shortly after COVID vaccines, according to the CDC website. Causation is debated, I understand that.

But this is about 10x the # of reported deaths after flu vaccines annually. And total reported deaths after the swine flu vaccinations were much lower, proportionally.

I've taken the vaccine. I think almost all adults should. But I find it amazing that the only thing we've heard from the media about deaths reported after vaccinations is the J & J 6. If only we had a real media.

Reactions: DANC
4178 deaths have been reported shortly after COVID vaccines, according to the CDC website. Causation is debated, I understand that.

But this is about 10x the # of reported deaths after flu vaccines annually. And total reported deaths after the swine flu vaccinations were much lower, proportionally.

I've taken the vaccine. I think almost all adults should. But I find it amazing that the only thing we've heard from the media about deaths reported after vaccinations is the J & J 6. If only we had a real media.
Probably should monitor that number as more and more folks under the age of 70 are vaccinated. Could be something. More likely just due to the population that was being vaccinated first.

Last edited:

That’s still about 0.0017 percent. Not bad. I just cringe at the notion of being wholly trusting of these companies. There are enough MDLs popping at any given time to always be cautious. I don’t like putting any drugs in my body, but I obviously fully support the vaccines

Deaths after vaccination were recorded in the clinical trials too. They consistently matched the rate of deaths after injection with placebo. People die, shit happens. Inject a billion people with something and some will die. Tell a billion people a bad joke and some will die, too, and it wasn't death by joke. Tallying up self-reported "vaccine bad effects" is a nonsensical exercise. Correlation will be mistaken for causation.

Deaths after vaccination were recorded in the clinical trials too. They consistently matched the rate of deaths after injection with placebo. People die, shit happens. Inject a billion people with something and some will die. Tell a billion people a bad joke and some will die, too, and it wasn't death by joke. Tallying up self-reported "vaccine bad effects" is a nonsensical exercise. Correlation will be mistaken for causation.
That's sure a different tune than what you were singing about claiming Trump killing 500,000 people.

Now, since a Democrat is President, it's "shit happens".

That's sure a different tune than what you were singing about claiming Trump killing 500,000 people.

Now, since a Democrat is President, it's "shit happens".
The death rate in the USA has been going down rather dramatically, wouldn't you say? Despite an organized effort to reject common sense led by the orange turd and his hoarde of little minion turds.

The death rate in the USA has been going down rather dramatically, wouldn't you say? Despite an organized effort to reject common sense led by the orange turd and his hoarde of little minion turds.
Well, yeah, the vaccine developed under Trump is definitely doing the trick.

But hey, if people die from the vaccine, 'shit happens'. If a terminal cancer patient dies with Covid, Trump killed him.

What 'organized effort' are you talking about? Dementia Joe had his and Jill's pictures taken with the Carters without masks. And then puts them on once outside! LOL Only moronic sheep like you think that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: iulb
But hey, if people die from the vaccine, 'shit happens'. If a terminal cancer patient dies with Covid, Trump killed him.
If people get gored by a unicorn's horn, shit happens. But I am not expecting 600,000 of said gorings.

It was assured that Covid would be over, all we had to do was "Follow the Politics". It's wasn't that hard.

200.gif

Those are deaths reported on the VAERS system. That in no way means that the cause of death was from the vaccination. Anyone can report on that sight. For example, someone can die from a heart attack and then that report is submitted on VAERS. Does not mean the heart attack was caused by the vaccination? May very well be a preexisting condition that caused that. Also, you have no idea how many of those are "made up" by anti-vaxxers to just cause issues. You sound like Tucker Carlson.
  • FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.
  • Reports to VAERS of death following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.
  • CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information to learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or was unrelated.
  • CDC, FDA, and other federal agencies will continue to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths. Get the latest safety information on the J&J/Janssen vaccine. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

If people get gored by a unicorn's horn, shit happens. But I am not expecting 600,000 of said gorings.
You're the one who said shit happens. That sure wan't your attitude before the election.

I guess blaming Trump was all bullshit on your part. I knew it was, but now you're proving it.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I'm predicting crickets
You sure won't hear any condemnation by the slimy leftists on this board.

You might get a 'shit happens' from Outside Shitter. That's his attitude,, now that a Democrat - a brain-dead one at that - is President.

Those are deaths reported on the VAERS system. That in no way means that the cause of death was from the vaccination. Anyone can report on that sight. For example, someone can die from a heart attack and then that report is submitted on VAERS. Does not mean the heart attack was caused by the vaccination? May very well be a preexisting condition that caused that. Also, you have no idea how many of those are "made up" by anti-vaxxers to just cause issues. You sound like Tucker Carlson.
  • FDA requires healthcare providers to report any death after COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS.
  • Reports to VAERS of death following vaccination do not necessarily mean the vaccine caused the death.
  • CDC follows up on any report of death to request additional information to learn more about what occurred and to determine whether the death was a result of the vaccine or was unrelated.
  • CDC, FDA, and other federal agencies will continue to monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
Over 245 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through May 3, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 4,178 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information, including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records has not established a causal link to COVID-19 vaccines. However, recent reports indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and a rare and serious adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths. Get the latest safety information on the J&J/Janssen vaccine. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.
"For example, someone can die from a heart attack and then that report is submitted on VAERS. Does not mean the heart attack was caused by the vaccination?"

Just substitute 'covid' for 'vaccination'. And assume Trump was still President.

Whole different attitude from you then.

But now the details matter.

Monroe County has thrown in the towel. Lifting everything Monday. Of course, unvaccinated people are still supposed to mask up, but no one thinks they actually will if they don't have to.

Monroe County has thrown in the towel. Lifting everything Monday. Of course, unvaccinated people are still supposed to mask up, but no one thinks they actually will if they don't have to.
Considering the influencing party pushing on Monroe County, I am really surprised. I thought mandated gender neutral (leaning female) re-education was the next move.

I guess there's hope yet.

• Haha
Considering the influencing party pushing on Monroe County, I am really surprised. I thought mandated gender neutral (leaning female) re-education was the next move.

I guess there's hope yet.

After the CDC came out with their guidance yesterday, no one would be able to expect compliance with anything stronger than masks in nursing homes and other medical settings. Otherwise, it looks like it's back to wide open.

After the CDC came out with their guidance yesterday, no one would be able to expect compliance with anything stronger than masks in nursing homes and other medical settings. Otherwise, it looks like it's back to wide open.
This is good. Might compel those on the fence re vax to get it now

I received my vaccinations in February and March, so I became "armour" plated.....for "that" virus. I assumed (hoped, as I couldn't recall) that I had not acquired Chicken Pox as a child and with no living parent remaining to verify, evidently, I did have it because what I thought to be Poison Ivy on my left hand, forearm, upper arm and shoulder was diagnosed to be Shingles. For those of you who have never had them and are not sure (or remember) if you've ever had Chicken Pox, I would seriously consider getting the Shingles vaccine. I was told that I will have to wait until around the end of this year to get the shot. Shingles is not a good look and very painful.

This is good. Might compel those on the fence re vax to get it now

People keep saying that, but it only makes sense if you think unvaccinated people would continue wearing masks, per the guidance. That's laughable.

People keep saying that, but it only makes sense if you think unvaccinated people would continue wearing masks, per the guidance. That's laughable.
CDC guidance runs contrary to a recent survey of epidemiologists who thought we’d be in masks for another year. The jaded/conspiratorial side of me thinks the lifting of masks was done in part over disappointing economic figures

CDC guidance runs contrary to a recent survey of epidemiologists who thought we’d be in masks for another year. The jaded/conspiratorial side of me thinks the lifting of masks was done in part over disappointing economic figures
Another year? That's crazy talk.

I think it was simply an acknowledgment of the reality, that deaths were minimal and hospitalizations were manageable. Compliance with the guidelines was becoming looser and looser, so the time to declare victory and move ahead had arrived.

Another year? That's crazy talk.

I think it was simply an acknowledgment of the reality, that deaths were minimal and hospitalizations were manageable. Compliance with the guidelines was becoming looser and looser, so the time to declare victory and move ahead had arrived.
Yup. NYT article today blindsided-100s of eps expected mask wearing for at least another year

If that's the case, they weren't living in the real world. Even Fauci had talked about ditching masks this summer.
You’re probably right, but gas is up, houses, cars, food, jobs numbers lower than expected, 2 million about to be dropped from the unemployment rolls - again the jaded side of me wouldn’t be surprised if it was done to bolster confidence (symbolic) to keep getting more and more back out into the economy and into jobs. Fine by me

ADVERTISEMENT