ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Covers

Appropriate song for the moment we are in:

Linda R and Emmylou harmonizing on Bruce's Across The Border. Neil on harmonica...

Technically not a cover as much as a reinvention. A song that became initially known for the devastation NYC suffered on 9-11,but has become synonymous with tragedy everywhere. And an epic performance nearly 20 yrs ago in a city/ country that has suffered terribly during the pandemic with lyrics still applicable to both NYC and Barcelona today... Hopefully, the people of NYC, Barcelona, and everywhere else will be able to experience such joy and hope again...

Now there's tears on the pillow
Darling where we slept
And you took my heart when you left
Without your sweet kiss
My soul is lost, my friend
Now tell me how do I begin again?

My city's in ruins
My city's in ruins

Now with these hands
I pray Lord
With these hands
For the strength Lord
With these hands
For the faith Lord
With these hands
I pray Lord
With these hands
For the strength Lord
With these hands
For the faith Lord
With these hands

Come on rise up!
Come on rise up!
Rise up

Reactions: sglowrider
Linda R and Emmylou harmonizing on Bruce's Across The Border. Neil on harmonica...

Technically not a cover as much as a reinvention. A song that became initially known for the devastation NYC suffered on 9-11,but has become synonymous with tragedy everywhere. And an epic performance nearly 20 yrs ago in a city/ country that has suffered terribly during the pandemic with lyrics still applicable to both NYC and Barcelona today... Hopefully, the people of NYC, Barcelona, and everywhere else will be able to experience such joy and hope again...

Now there's tears on the pillow
Darling where we slept
And you took my heart when you left
Without your sweet kiss
My soul is lost, my friend
Now tell me how do I begin again?

My city's in ruins
My city's in ruins

Now with these hands
I pray Lord
With these hands
For the strength Lord
With these hands
For the faith Lord
With these hands
I pray Lord
With these hands
For the strength Lord
With these hands
For the faith Lord
With these hands

Come on rise up!
Come on rise up!
Rise up

OK, I don't know who Randy Rainbow is, but this is a perfect commentary on the past few days. And how can you not love a Julie Andrews cover? Takes me back almost 60 yrs...

Reactions: IUINSB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT