ADVERTISEMENT

Covid check in....how you guys doing?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I gotta say, for the most part I’ve been doing ok. The kids have been hanging tough, but this week has felt a bit like a downer week.

The normal has been I have a good day followed by a not so great day. I can generally count on this pattern so I don’t get too high or low.

With all the mental health issues in my house from my oldest daughter (you may remember) I wasn’t sure what to expect. We’ve been able to focus on her eating restoration and she’s actually put 6 lbs on since quarantine which is great! She was supposed to take a trip to Israel with her 8th grade class and go away to camp for a month and that’s all been canceled. In a way this helped us avoid having to say she couldn’t go because she wasn’t healthy enough.

So she’s hanging in there, but she’s been having flash backs and nightmares of her time at the stress center. She was approached at night multiple times by some boys who found their way to her room or spooked her somehow. I’m constantly having to remind her she’s safe and she won’t ever have to return there if she doesn’t try and harm herself. I don’t think she was ever touched by anyone there, but it angers me and I have to fight the feelings of guilt for sending her there even though I know I did the right thing.

So this week after a few bad days in a row I’m looking to find some inspiration. Something to pull myself out of this feeling if hopelessness.

Our tent arrived yesterday, I know the weather is shit but maybe we can backyard camp.

I hope you guys are hanging in there. There’s always someone who has it way worse so I’m trying to keep that in perspective.

Have a great weekend guys.

dc840ba7c6c3d050f47922582b3aeb6e.jpg

overalls-girl-lead-01a.png

I gotta say, for the most part I’ve been doing ok. The kids have been hanging tough, but this week has felt a bit like a downer week.

The normal has been I have a good day followed by a not so great day. I can generally count on this pattern so I don’t get too high or low.

With all the mental health issues in my house from my oldest daughter (you may remember) I wasn’t sure what to expect. We’ve been able to focus on her eating restoration and she’s actually put 6 lbs on since quarantine which is great! She was supposed to take a trip to Israel with her 8th grade class and go away to camp for a month and that’s all been canceled. In a way this helped us avoid having to say she couldn’t go because she wasn’t healthy enough.

So she’s hanging in there, but she’s been having flash backs and nightmares of her time at the stress center. She was approached at night multiple times by some boys who found their way to her room or spooked her somehow. I’m constantly having to remind her she’s safe and she won’t ever have to return there if she doesn’t try and harm herself. I don’t think she was ever touched by anyone there, but it angers me and I have to fight the feelings of guilt for sending her there even though I know I did the right thing.

So this week after a few bad days in a row I’m looking to find some inspiration. Something to pull myself out of this feeling if hopelessness.

Our tent arrived yesterday, I know the weather is shit but maybe we can backyard camp.

I hope you guys are hanging in there. There’s always someone who has it way worse so I’m trying to keep that in perspective.

Your daughter looks plenty healthy to me ;-)

Glad to hear the positive news on your daughter - I'm sure that is quite a relief. There's no reason for you to feel guilty about forcing her to get help - you saved her life by doing so. I had several of my friends over the other night for beers and BS - first time we've been together in about 3 months. I'm ready to move on from this virus phase of our lives and get back to enjoying life more.

1, I'm a country boy. I love chicas in overalls.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Seriously? I can't really complain. We have all the essentials -- food, shelter, Internet, Netflix, etc. We also have made out well financially between the enhanced unemployment and the $2400 bribe Trump sent.

Two things bother me. One is the constant heightened anxiety involved when venturing out for shopping, and then this past week when I went back to work. It's draining having to be on high alert all the time. The other is not being able to meet up with a gang of people I normally see on a scheduled, regular basis. It's not church, but it has some echos of that. We're people who normally would not mix, but get together regularly to check up on each other and keep each other grounded and moving forward in life. I didn't realize how important those meetups were until they was no longer there.

Actually being in a lockdown and the inconvenience of it has ironically made me healthier. I select the food I eat better -- low GI foods as I am too lazy to go out to get food or to the supermarket every other day.
And though the gym is closed, being stuck indoors more had made me for myself to do outdoors activities more religiously. Started biking more regularly after a couple of years lay-off and doing my old route again. The first ride was a killer. I could barely walk after I got back! Felt like I was anally raped the next morning.
But its been like three weeks now, got used to the rhythm now.

I am actually getting leaner now -- combo of both the choices of food but the change in the exercise routine. Still have a few pound to lose.

Actually being in a lockdown and the inconvenience of it has ironically made me healthier. I select the food I eat better -- low GI foods as I am too lazy to go out to get food or to the supermarket every other day.
And though the gym is closed, being stuck indoors more had made me for myself to do outdoors activities more religiously. Started biking more regularly after a couple of years lay-off and doing my old route again. The first ride was a killer. I could barely walk after I got back! Felt like I was anally raped the next morning.
But its been like three weeks now, got used to the rhythm now.

I am actually getting leaner now -- combo of both the choices of food but the change in the exercise routine. Still have a few pound to lose.
You actually know what it feels like to be anally raped? Yikes!

Seriously? I can't really complain. We have all the essentials -- food, shelter, Internet, Netflix, etc. We also have made out well financially between the enhanced unemployment and the $2400 bribe Trump sent.

Two things bother me. One is the constant heightened anxiety involved when venturing out for shopping, and then this past week when I went back to work. It's draining having to be on high alert all the time. The other is not being able to meet up with a gang of people I normally see on a scheduled, regular basis. It's not church, but it has some echos of that. We're people who normally would not mix, but get together regularly to check up on each other and keep each other grounded and moving forward in life. I didn't realize how important those meetups were until they was no longer there.

Kroger delivers, and it worked great when i used it. (snacks too).

don't go out shopping if at risk age, and save you and your wife the stress of not just that day, but the next 2 wks waiting to see if it got you.

So far, so good...other than the weight gain.

Fish have been biting. I found a boatload of mushrooms in April. I'm busier than ever with work. Hopefully it results in some $$. Cold weather is behind us and I'll get everything else planted in the garden planted this weekend. Most importantly, everyone in my family is healthy and safe.

So far, so good...other than the weight gain.

Fish have been biting. I found a boatload of mushrooms in April. I'm busier than ever with work. Hopefully it results in some $$. Cold weather is behind us and I'll get everything else planted in the garden planted this weekend. Most importantly, everyone in my family is healthy and safe.

What kind of fish?

Crappie and now the bluegill are coming on. Great way to kill an hour outside.

You have a pond, or access to one? Love farm ponds! I live near a river, but a little more involved to get to a decent fishing hole.

You have a pond, or access to one? Love farm ponds! I live near a river, but a little more involved to get to a decent fishing hole.
Ponds and a creek and river. A buddy has access to some gravel pits, but haven't been able to get out with him yet this year. They are usually full of big hungry panfish.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT