ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19. Horrible.

bwcoach

Freshman
Dec 17, 2012
My son who coaches in Atlanta area just let me know that one of his senior player’s father passed away on Sunday from the virus and his mother passed away just a little while ago. He is an only child. He also has been diagnosed with the virus but he is at least asymptomatic. But the kid now has to live by himself till next week sometime grieving for his parents. I wish more people understood that the virus just doesn’t care. Keep Justin in your prayers. Thanks

Oh my goodness, this is so sad. Prayers for Justin, his remaining family, his coaches and team.

Bwcoach is there anything else we can do to help Justin?

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Oh my goodness, this is so sad. Prayers for Justin, his remaining family, his coaches and team.

Bwcoach is there anything else we can do to help Justin?
Not really just prayers. He is in quarantine till next week. My son said he has a lot of support from his teammates and their parents. He does have another relative that lives in the Atlanta area. As an adult I can’t fathom losing both parents in four days let alone being a 17 year old kid.

Prayers going out for Justin. Covid is correctly identified as novel and it is certainly testing the faith of all human beings in new and unique ways. Ditto IU73; let us know if there is anything else we can do to help Justin.

A friend of mine who married his high school sweetheart was killed on 9/11. He was in the North Tower. His wife was a nurse and they had two kids. A couple years later the wife died of cancer and the two kids were orphaned. Tragedies like this are measured in single units but they impact families neighborhoods and towns.

My son who coaches in Atlanta area just let me know that one of his senior player’s father passed away on Sunday from the virus and his mother passed away just a little while ago. He is an only child. He also has been diagnosed with the virus but he is at least asymptomatic. But the kid now has to live by himself till next week sometime grieving for his parents. I wish more people understood that the virus just doesn’t care. Keep Justin in your prayers. Thanks
Which school?

Which school?

Horrible. I'm 64, and covid 19 is the biggest national tragedy I've ever experienced. There are a lot of good people in this country, and I'm sure this young man will receive a lot of financial and emotional assistance. Perhaps he'll do great things in the future as a result of this tragedy.

being the son is 17, they can't be that old.

whatever age, the odds of both dying unless they adopted him when he was an infant when they were both 55 plus, absent some really impactful comorbidity conditions with both, are really low.

yet not an uncommon story of multiple members of a family or group dying, or getting very ill.

the govt and media have been allowing us only a fraction of the story.

WHY??

instead of nothing but worthless bulk totals, we should be getting all the relevant specifics daily on each of tested positives, asymptomatic hospitalizations, hospitalizations, ICU admissions, deaths, such as EXACT age yr, gender, race, ALL contributing health issues..

bizarre that literally zero of the media, or the govt, will give us all the very relevant and needed info, despite the fact they could do so literally with the push of a button.

no way to have an informed discussion, or decide on the best plan to combat, without all the most relevant information.

the total and complete incompetence, or downright malevolence, of both the govt and media during the biggest story since WWII, with nothing else even remotely close, is questionable as heck.

and the public's not demanding this info shows what mindless thoughtless sheep we are.

facts matter. we need ALL the facts.
I believe you might be right about the cause. His father was a musician but also a big man. Hard to tell about his mother. Their pics I believe are on go fund me. But his mother started feeling bad on Tuesday and passed on Thursday so not sure. The community is helping to raise funds for Justin and his parents funeral expenses. They have raised quite a bit so far. But he’s still in for a rough time.

Reactions: red hornet
I believe you might be right about the cause. His father was a musician but also a big man. Hard to tell about his mother. Their pics I believe are on go fund me. But his mother started feeling bad on Tuesday and passed on Thursday so not sure. The community is helping to raise funds for Justin and his parents funeral expenses. They have raised quite a bit so far. But he’s still in for a rough time.

"But his mother started feeling bad on Tuesday and passed on Thursday so not sure".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow. how scary is that.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT