ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Had Us Fooled

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
My cousin is anesthesiologist. This is a post that’s circulating through a group of medical professionals she’s involved with. Btw she’s not a Trumpbot.

Her comment to me: This is an amazing article that I believe is spot on! We have been treating this incorrectly. I’ve been seeing posts about this in my physician covid groups but this article shared by a colleague seems spot on!

Last edited:
My cousin is anesthesiologist. This is a post that’s circulating through a group of medical professionals she’s involved with. Btw she’s not a Trumpbot.

Her comment to me: This is an amazing article that I believe is spot on! We have been treating this incorrectly. I’ve been seeing posts about this in my physician covid groups but this article shared by a colleague seems spot on!!

Article?

Reactions: Bill4411

Her comment to me: This is an amazing article that I believe is spot on! We have been treating this incorrectly. I’ve been seeing posts about this in my physician covid groups but this article shared by a colleague seems spot on!

This is so frustrating. That is a shit article written by a man who is clearly driven by partisan hackery, rather than any sort of medical knowledge. His writing is deceptive and untrustworthy - such as how he references studies without citation or inserts a quotation without attribution - how are we supposed to be sure he didn't just make it all up?

That said, if you trust those pesky Chinese scientists, there was a paper published in March that suggested this very mechanism of action: https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID...e_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

This is so frustrating. That is a shit article written by a man who is clearly driven by partisan hackery, rather than any sort of medical knowledge. His writing is deceptive and untrustworthy - such as how he references studies without citation or inserts a quotation without attribution - how are we supposed to be sure he didn't just make it all up?

That said, if you trust those pesky Chinese scientists, there was a paper published in March that suggested this very mechanism of action: https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID...e_Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173

Sorry Goat. This wasn’t my article. For some reason I can’t get link to work. Just delete my thread.

thank you

Sorry Goat. This wasn’t my article. For some reason I can’t get link to work. Just delete my thread.

thank you
Yeah, I can't load it up anymore, either. Medium deleted it?

It's too bad. Someone found the guy who wrote the original piece, and he's not a doctor, but his dad is. So I guess his dad supplied the medical expertise, and he supplied the MAGA can-do attitude. Anyway, he was, in turns out, talking about the Chinese study I linked above:

Just popping in to say hello and add some context before anything gets out of hand.

Me and my dad (retired M.D.) were intrigued by the possibilities behind this particular piece of research coming across my desk yesterday morning: https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID...Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173/5

Being all stuck at home under quarantine, we wanted to learn more. My dad provided the medical knowledge, I provided the tech & sleuthing skills, and we came up with this core hypothesis. As we pulled together a series of anecdotal data, some pre-prints, and even some peer-reviewed papers, a clearer picture of the hypothesis formed. We found missing pieces precisely where we thought we would. And yes, we became convinced this is not only plausible but quite likely (or a similar mechanic) to be the case.

I threw it up on Medium just to save a copy and see if anyone would have feedback. We got plenty — much over both of our heads, some out-of-left-field fantastic ideas. For example, if this turns out to be the case, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy might save lives (we have far fewer hyperbaric chambers in the US than ICU beds), a mountain climber suggested portable hyperbaric bags which are pretty cheap (in comparison) and can fit through hospital doors could do the trick.

This was precisely the type of interaction we were looking for.

The article has since been taken down by Medium, but it seems it garnered sufficient interest in the 12 hours it was up as to be handed off to much more qualified and experienced hands. We’re hopeful some of this can be found to be useful; it may or may not, but NOT sharing it would have weighed heavier on our minds if we found out later this theory, or something similar to it, could have helped save lives and yet we did nothing about it.

Cheers and best of luck, everyone stay safe and thanks.
-AG

Hay @stollcpa Here you go. Your original link was to the wayback machine, not to Medium itself. And the forum software here tries to convert it. That's why you can't get it to work anymore. Here was your original link: Click here.

Sounds like my cousin full of it. Lol. Must be working too many hours. She’s working in Ft Wayne. Not sure why group of docs circulating something that’s crazy but I guess they post dumb stuff too.

Yeah, I can't load it up anymore, either. Medium deleted it?

It's too bad. Someone found the guy who wrote the original piece, and he's not a doctor, but his dad is. So I guess his dad supplied the medical expertise, and he supplied the MAGA can-do attitude. Anyway, he was, in turns out, talking about the Chinese study I linked above:

Just popping in to say hello and add some context before anything gets out of hand.

Me and my dad (retired M.D.) were intrigued by the possibilities behind this particular piece of research coming across my desk yesterday morning: https://chemrxiv.org/articles/COVID...Metabolism_by_Binding_to_Porphyrin/11938173/5

Being all stuck at home under quarantine, we wanted to learn more. My dad provided the medical knowledge, I provided the tech & sleuthing skills, and we came up with this core hypothesis. As we pulled together a series of anecdotal data, some pre-prints, and even some peer-reviewed papers, a clearer picture of the hypothesis formed. We found missing pieces precisely where we thought we would. And yes, we became convinced this is not only plausible but quite likely (or a similar mechanic) to be the case.

I threw it up on Medium just to save a copy and see if anyone would have feedback. We got plenty — much over both of our heads, some out-of-left-field fantastic ideas. For example, if this turns out to be the case, and hyperbaric oxygen therapy might save lives (we have far fewer hyperbaric chambers in the US than ICU beds), a mountain climber suggested portable hyperbaric bags which are pretty cheap (in comparison) and can fit through hospital doors could do the trick.

This was precisely the type of interaction we were looking for.

The article has since been taken down by Medium, but it seems it garnered sufficient interest in the 12 hours it was up as to be handed off to much more qualified and experienced hands. We’re hopeful some of this can be found to be useful; it may or may not, but NOT sharing it would have weighed heavier on our minds if we found out later this theory, or something similar to it, could have helped save lives and yet we did nothing about it.

Cheers and best of luck, everyone stay safe and thanks.
-AG
COH would say that just because the guy isn’t a doctor doesn’t mean what he said is false. That’s how he honestly thinks.

Sounds like my cousin full of it. Lol. Must be working too many hours. She’s working in Ft Wayne. Not sure why group of docs circulating something that’s crazy but I guess they post dumb stuff too.
Everybody posts dumb shit. Especially in stressful situations when they really want to believe something.

COH would say that just because the guy isn’t a doctor doesn’t mean what he said is false. That’s how he honestly thinks.
Well, as I said above, in this case, crazy non-doctor Trumpbot might be onto something. He didn't invent this theory out of thin air.

Reactions: hoosboot

I get why somebody in her position would hope for a a miracle cure to all this craziness. The very best and many thanks to your cousin for putting in the hours that she is. Hopefully her (and all of our) hope comes from better sources in the very near future!

The fact that the writer argues that SARS-COV2 is a DNA virus, when everyone knows it to be an RNA virus, clouds my faith in all aspects of his hypothesis. It's like starting out your explanation of a hypothesis on plate tectonics with an assumption that the Earth is flat.

I get why somebody in her position would hope for a a miracle cure to all this craziness. The very best and many thanks to your cousin for putting in the hours that she is. Hopefully her (and all of our) hope comes from better sources in the very near future!

Since the start she has been preaching how bad this is and must be taken serious. Admonishing people not staying home and all the social distancing. Many people didn’t want to hear what she was saying. Lots of heated arguments with friends and family that didn’t want to hear the bad. Not sure where this came out of midair. That’s why when she sent I thought it had some credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT