ADVERTISEMENT

Could be huge for Indiana!

He's 100% going to Miz.His dad is also going there taking an ast job..No need to even think about this
Let's send Buckley, or whoever is still around to convince him to come play at a school without a coaching staff. Buckley can tell Porter we can hire his dad and take his spot on the team as an assistant. Is the ink dry on dad's contract?

Reactions: mk23
His dad is going to be assistant at Mizzou...so.... I think it's fairly obvious to see why Mizzou hired Cunzo

His dad is going to be assistant at Mizzou...so.... I think it's fairly obvious to see why Mizzou hired Cunzo

Smart move by Cuonzo. Guy is qualified plus I believe there are 5 Porter sons so that could be a nice pipeline for years to come.

He's 100% going to Miz.His dad is also going there taking an ast job..No need to even think about this

Well, duh. If the OP was serious, he's a fool.

This is an age-old way around the NCAA amateurism rules. They're not paying the son, they're paying the father. And it's perfectly within the rules (and, IMO, should be).

Why do we care what a ND fan thinks?

Not that this stupid reply deserves a response, but....

I grew up in Indiana and was a fan of Notre Dame football before I was 12 years old. I also loved Indiana basketball before I was 12. I have a degree in front of me with my name on it that says Indiana University. I also joined the military as an Indiana citizen and was in the US Army Honor Guard, was a tomb guard in Arlington National Cemetery at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and was called back in to the Army for Operation Desert Storm. I then served my new community in St Louis for 21 years thanks to my degree from Indiana University while staying faithful to both of my childhood favorite teams while never wavering.

Next time I post, I hope it doesn't offend you.

Reactions: jaypay23
Well, duh. If the OP was serious, he's a fool.

This is an age-old way around the NCAA amateurism rules. They're not paying the son, they're paying the father. And it's perfectly within the rules (and, IMO, should be).

I guess I'm a fool then. Interestingly enough, I know the grandfather of a Mizzou starter, Cullen Vanleer. His name is Pat. He hasn't mentioned it to me so I don't feel so bad not knowing. Although knowing now that Mizzou hired his father, well, then I guess the obvious choice is Mizzou. All I remember is him being high on Indiana and we thought we had a real shot.

Not that this stupid reply deserves a response, but....

I grew up in Indiana and was a fan of Notre Dame football before I was 12 years old. I also loved Indiana basketball before I was 12. I have a degree in front of me with my name on it that says Indiana University. I also joined the military as an Indiana citizen and was in the US Army Honor Guard, was a tomb guard in Arlington National Cemetery at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and was called back in to the Army for Operation Desert Storm. I then served my new community in St Louis for 21 years thanks to my degree from Indiana University while staying faithful to both of my childhood favorite teams while never wavering.

Next time I post, I hope it doesn't offend you.
Don't worry about it. I am a fan of Nd fb and IU BB as well. And that guy gets offended all the time especially if you say any thing nice about Alford. I think Alford bullied him in highschool or something.

Reactions: IU/NDFAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT