Coronavirus Timeline Clarity

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by mohoosier, Apr 5, 2020.

1. JamieDimonsBalls

JamieDimonsBalls All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

correct. I’m referring to anecdotal situations with real doctors and their thoughts, not that loony toon from NYC.

can you imagine if Trump would just state the facts (I know impossible for him) like this dr?

https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication.

He added that the drug should not be prescribed for those who are presenting only mild symptoms, as there are concerns about shortages for patients with other conditions who need to take the drug on a regular basis.

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication. Otherwise we're going to blow through our supply for patients that take it regularly for other disease processes."

76-1 likes this.
  2. Hoopsdoc1978

Hoopsdoc1978 Junior
    Expand Collapse

I can’t understand why people despise the media.

Headline-

Actual article-
    LMAO

76-1 and ribbont like this.
  3. Marvin the Martian

Marvin the Martian Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Food workers have very high uninsured rates. I wish he had told them not only would we make their work as safe as possible but that we WILL treat them.

This virus shows the stupidity of employment based healthcare. Many of the people forced to work have no healthcare, millions laid off have no healthcare.

UncleMark likes this.
  4. Marvin the Martian

Marvin the Martian Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

I like that last paragraph, people should not be hoarding these drugs "just in case". If a doctor thinks a patient has reached a point the drug might help, great. There are people wanting it to prevent getting, or to treat mild symptoms. That is what we need to tamp down.

Meanwhile, we have another miracle drug on the horizon that currently lacks any proof. https://indyweek.com/news/northcarolina/unc-researchers-covid-19-EIDD-2801/

5. UncleMark

UncleMark Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

6. Hoopsdoc1978

Hoopsdoc1978 Junior
    Expand Collapse

Spartans9312 and twenty02 like this.
  7. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

Well, then this should have you pissing your pants- since you find inanity so hilarious...

Trump says "mail-in voting" is corrupt...

Is asked about the fact that he MAILED in his ballot just last month...

Replies that he's "allowed to" (even though it's filled with fraud AND evil)

Says it's different when I do it...

Concludes with a wild story about "thousands of people sitting in someone's living room"- Is he thinking about one of his castles somewhere?

8. Hoopsdoc1978

Hoopsdoc1978 Junior
    Expand Collapse

I know nothing about that story, but it doesn’t seem as if you found it amusing.

I’m just amazed that someone on Northams staff didn’t say “wait, let’s think about this”.

9. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

Well I didn't really read your post,and in retrospect I can see how it is sort of funny...

But I'm just amazed that Team Trump (including some folks on this board) seem to think Trump has some sort of edge vs Biden when it comes to mental acumen. I mean Biden's lapses might be detrimental in a race against someone perceived as even normal on the intelligence level. Unfortunately for people trying to make that argument, Biden isn't running against someone who can show him up mentally. He's running against Donald Trump- whose own miscues have been on display and scrutinized by millions for the past 3.5 yrs...

This literally had me rolling on the floor, and today is the first time I've ever seen it...I just did a simple youtube search and Voila- all of this comedy gold from a single Trump speech...

Hoopsdoc1978 likes this.
  10. T.M.P.

T.M.P. Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

dumb

outside shooter likes this.
  11. HillzHoozier

HillzHoozier All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

12. 82hoosier

82hoosier All-American
    Expand Collapse

Too bad he disassembled the task force more than a year earlier. And then he ignored it recommendations and was basically dragged kicking and screaming into accepting social distancing after it was being put in place by mayors and governors throughout blue states. As of today he is still in denial about testing. I could go on and on but why bother.

92 82hoosier, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    cosmickid likes this.
  13. 82hoosier

82hoosier All-American
    Expand Collapse

All of your arguments point towards the need of a World Health Organization.

14. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

I hadn't read this before, so I haven't commented previously. But some of this is some major-league BS...

Yesterday during his briefing, Trump claimed that he ONLY found out about the seriousness of the thread at the same time he instituted the PARTIAL travel ban. FYI he banned travel from Europeans who had visited China, but did NOT ban US citizens. And he also did not medically screen ANYONE entering the US who was returning from China...

Now, of course, we know that Navarro was writing memos about the possible catastrophic consequences of the virus as far back as Nov. Trump also claimed yesterday that he didn't see the memos. But we KNOW the CDC and the Intelligence Services were briefing Congress at least as early as Jan 24. And we know that the briefing was scary enough that it inspired at least THREE GOP Senators to go out and sell $$ Millions of dollars worth of SPECIFIC stock holdings... Are you going to claim that GOP Senators knew, but Trump didn't?

Here's an item missing from your timeline...Joe Biden's op-ed in USA Today from Jan 27, at a time Trump was still downplaying the seriousness of the situation...

Biden on Jan 27...

"The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Notice that while Trump claimed last month that he always knew it was a "pandemic" (despite specifically DENYING it for 3 mos)
    Biden actually RECOGNIZED that it WAS a Pandemic, as early as Jan 27.

Here is another edition to your timeline, courtesy of a brand new ad from the Lincoln Project, headed up by long time Republicans George Conway and Rick Wilson who just endorsed Biden yesterday...

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/linc...peachment-covid-19-coronavirus-003740806.html

And one last point,about your ridiculous talking point of Trump giving up his "quarterly salary"...

The annual salary of the POTUS is around $750,000, so basically we're talking around $160,000. Not a small amount for me and you, but for a guy who has literally made MILLIONS off of profits his personal business has raked in over the past 3.5 yrs from Govt and GOP use of his properties- Are you kidding me?

Entities connected to either the GOP in General or Trump in particular have spent over $20,000,000 on services provided by Trump Org Properties/Businesses. By itself the Committee to Elect Donald J Trump has spent over $16,000,000 at properties owned by
    Donald J Trump. Exactly what % of $16,000,000 do you think $160,000 or even $700,000 comprises?

https://www.opensecrets.org/trump/trump-properties

outside shooter and hoosboot like this.
  15. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

Did YOU get a briefing on Jan 24 advising YOU that masks would soon be an integral part of daily US life? Did Donald Trump mention masks PUBLICLY at any point in Jan/Feb 2020? These people were NOT guessing, and picking stocks based on throwing darts at a dartboard...

16. cosmickid

cosmickid All-American
    Expand Collapse

Well 2 points... Collins is a pro-Trump Republican, so you can't label atacks on her as Partisan. But even more to the point, Collins is basically a peer of hers (subject to the same laws outlawing "insider trading") and HE feels her actions are unethical, if not illegal...
    None of that has anything to do with whether YOU look at the world through one way glasses or not...

17. IUJIM

IUJIM Moderator
    Expand Collapse

You are completely missing the point. She DOES NOT make her investment decisions, some one else is. Do you even understand what that means? It appears that you don’t. Until you do, your argument is 100% irrelevant.

Spartans9312 likes this.