ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Timeline Clarity

I think we're on the same page here. My only issue with your original post was when you said "Experts are somewhere between Trump and CNN". This isn't a both sides thing. CNN (and I assume you're using them as a stand-in for media in general) haven't been advocating for not using this, they've simply advocated for waiting for expert advice on how to test this. It sounds like you agree with that advice.

correct. I’m referring to anecdotal situations with real doctors and their thoughts, not that loony toon from NYC.

can you imagine if Trump would just state the facts (I know impossible for him) like this dr?

https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication.

He added that the drug should not be prescribed for those who are presenting only mild symptoms, as there are concerns about shortages for patients with other conditions who need to take the drug on a regular basis.

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication. Otherwise we're going to blow through our supply for patients that take it regularly for other disease processes."

Reactions: 76-1
I can’t understand why people despise the media.

Headline-

Actual article-
“You are vital,” he said during a press conference late Tuesday. “You are giving a great service to the people of the United States of America and we need you to continue, as a part of what we call critical infrastructure, to show up and do your job.” In return, Pence said, the government will “work tirelessly” to ensure their workplaces are safe.

LMAO

Reactions: 76-1 and ribbont
I can’t understand why people despise the media.

Headline-

Actual article-

LMAO

Food workers have very high uninsured rates. I wish he had told them not only would we make their work as safe as possible but that we WILL treat them.

This virus shows the stupidity of employment based healthcare. Many of the people forced to work have no healthcare, millions laid off have no healthcare.

Reactions: UncleMark
correct. I’m referring to anecdotal situations with real doctors and their thoughts, not that loony toon from NYC.

can you imagine if Trump would just state the facts (I know impossible for him) like this dr?

https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.

He said he has found it only works if combined with zinc. The drug, he said, opens a channel for the zinc to enter the cell and block virus replication.

He added that the drug should not be prescribed for those who are presenting only mild symptoms, as there are concerns about shortages for patients with other conditions who need to take the drug on a regular basis.

"We have to be cautious and mindful that we don't prescribe it for patients who have COVID who are well," Cardillo said. "It should be reserved for people who are really sick, in the hospital or at home very sick, who need that medication. Otherwise we're going to blow through our supply for patients that take it regularly for other disease processes."

I like that last paragraph, people should not be hoarding these drugs "just in case". If a doctor thinks a patient has reached a point the drug might help, great. There are people wanting it to prevent getting, or to treat mild symptoms. That is what we need to tamp down.

Meanwhile, we have another miracle drug on the horizon that currently lacks any proof. https://indyweek.com/news/northcarolina/unc-researchers-covid-19-EIDD-2801/

I’m sorry, but this is just funny. The comments are gold.

Well, then this should have you pissing your pants- since you find inanity so hilarious...

Trump says "mail-in voting" is corrupt...

Is asked about the fact that he MAILED in his ballot just last month...

Replies that he's "allowed to" (even though it's filled with fraud AND evil)

Says it's different when I do it...

Concludes with a wild story about "thousands of people sitting in someone's living room"- Is he thinking about one of his castles somewhere?

Well, then this should have you pissing your pants- since you find inanity so hilarious...

Trump says "mail-in voting" is corrupt...

Is asked about the fact that he MAILED in his ballot just last month...

Replies that he's "allowed to" (even though it's filled with fraud AND evil)

Says it's different when I do it...

Concludes with a wild story about "thousands of people sitting in someone's living room"- Is he thinking about one of his castles somewhere?

I know nothing about that story, but it doesn’t seem as if you found it amusing.

I’m just amazed that someone on Northams staff didn’t say “wait, let’s think about this”.

I know nothing about that story, but it doesn’t seem as if you found it amusing.

I’m just amazed that someone on Northams staff didn’t say “wait, let’s think about this”.

Well I didn't really read your post,and in retrospect I can see how it is sort of funny...

But I'm just amazed that Team Trump (including some folks on this board) seem to think Trump has some sort of edge vs Biden when it comes to mental acumen. I mean Biden's lapses might be detrimental in a race against someone perceived as even normal on the intelligence level. Unfortunately for people trying to make that argument, Biden isn't running against someone who can show him up mentally. He's running against Donald Trump- whose own miscues have been on display and scrutinized by millions for the past 3.5 yrs...

This literally had me rolling on the floor, and today is the first time I've ever seen it...I just did a simple youtube search and Voila- all of this comedy gold from a single Trump speech...

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Ya know what? Trump wore a blue-striped neck tie the other day without a task force recommendation that he do so. Schiff is going to investigate that.

Oh, I did vote for Trump. I never denied it.

Trump appointed the task force at the end of January and then he followed all their recommendations.
dumb

Reactions: outside shooter
Well we know certain GOP Senators "followed their recommendations". They divested themselves of stocks having to do with travel, hospitality and leisure and in the case of Loeffler purchased stocks in companies who were likely to benefit from a global health crisis...

"The husband of Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler recently acquired as much as $415,000 in stock in DuPont de Nemours, a chemical company that manufactures protective equipment in exceedingly high demand because of the coronavirus pandemic."

https://time.com/5814158/georgia-kelly-loeffler-stocks-coronavirus/

No idea why you keep gaslighting for Trump. You say you didn't vote for him, but you just keep posting misinformation that is straight out of Team Trump...

So from the formation of the task force at the end of Jan, Trump did all of the following. Which would you characterize as following task force "recommendations"? Btw, in case you're going to give credence to another Trump false "talking point" (the Impeachment), the GOP formally acquitted Trump on Feb 5th. But for all intents and purposes, the trial ended on Jan 31, when Collins, Murkowski, and Alexander voted no witnesses.

Trump held rallies on:
—Jan 9th
—Jan 14th
—Jan 28th
—Jan 30th
—Feb 10th
—Feb 19th
—Feb 20th
—Feb 21st
—Feb 28th

Trump golfed on:
—Jan 18th
—Jan 19th
—Feb 1st
—Feb 15th
—Mar 7th
—Mar 8th

Ya know what? Trump wore a blue-striped neck tie the other day without a task force recommendation that he do so. Schiff is going to investigate that.

Oh, I did vote for Trump. I never denied it.

Trump appointed the task force at the end of January and then he followed all their recommendations.

Too bad he disassembled the task force more than a year earlier. And then he ignored it recommendations and was basically dragged kicking and screaming into accepting social distancing after it was being put in place by mayors and governors throughout blue states. As of today he is still in denial about testing. I could go on and on but why bother.

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
While the virus is actively rolling throughout the world, health is the obvious first priority. But this pandemic is the direct result of gross incompetence, deliberate indifference, and active deception by China. Some sort of accountability is needed so we don’t go through this again.

All of your arguments point towards the need of a World Health Organization.

Here you go...

Feb. 29: The U.S. records its first death from the virus, and the Trump administration announces travel restrictions on Iran and urges U.S. citizens not to travel to impacted regions of Italy and South Korea. The administration also announced increased screening of individuals coming to the U.S. from those areas. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issues a new policy to allow for faster testing to detect cases of the coronavirus.

March 3: Trump donates his quarterly salary to HHS to support efforts to "confront, contain, and combat" the coronavirus.

March 6: Trump signs an $8.3 billion coronavirus package passed by Congress. Later, the president visits the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) headquarters, urging the public to remain calm and touting the country's testing capabilities.

March 7: It is learned that someone attending the Conservative Political Action Conference, a confab of the right attended by Trump and many GOP lawmakers, tested positive for the coronavirus. Trump says he's not concerned at all about potential exposure, and the White House says there is no indication Trump or Pence was in contact with the person who tested positive. The CDC says it has tested 1,583 people for the coronavirus, a figure that does not include those tested at commercial labs.

March 10: The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. surpasses 1,000.

March 11: The World Health Organization declares the coronavirus a global pandemic. The NBA says it is suspending its season after Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert becomes the first player to test positive.

Trump announces in a rare Oval Office address that he is restricting travel from most of Europe for 30 days, a prohibition that applies to non-U.S. citizens who have traveled recently in the Schengen Area. Trump also says he will use executive action to help small businesses and individuals adversely impacted by the virus. The White House cancels Trump's trip out west for the coming weekend and his campaign postpones an upcoming event in Milwaukee.

I hadn't read this before, so I haven't commented previously. But some of this is some major-league BS...

Yesterday during his briefing, Trump claimed that he ONLY found out about the seriousness of the thread at the same time he instituted the PARTIAL travel ban. FYI he banned travel from Europeans who had visited China, but did NOT ban US citizens. And he also did not medically screen ANYONE entering the US who was returning from China...

Now, of course, we know that Navarro was writing memos about the possible catastrophic consequences of the virus as far back as Nov. Trump also claimed yesterday that he didn't see the memos. But we KNOW the CDC and the Intelligence Services were briefing Congress at least as early as Jan 24. And we know that the briefing was scary enough that it inspired at least THREE GOP Senators to go out and sell $$ Millions of dollars worth of SPECIFIC stock holdings... Are you going to claim that GOP Senators knew, but Trump didn't?

Here's an item missing from your timeline...Joe Biden's op-ed in USA Today from Jan 27, at a time Trump was still downplaying the seriousness of the situation...

Biden on Jan 27...

"The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Notice that while Trump claimed last month that he always knew it was a "pandemic" (despite specifically DENYING it for 3 mos)
Biden actually RECOGNIZED that it WAS a Pandemic, as early as Jan 27.

Here is another edition to your timeline, courtesy of a brand new ad from the Lincoln Project, headed up by long time Republicans George Conway and Rick Wilson who just endorsed Biden yesterday...

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/linc...peachment-covid-19-coronavirus-003740806.html

And one last point,about your ridiculous talking point of Trump giving up his "quarterly salary"...

The annual salary of the POTUS is around $750,000, so basically we're talking around $160,000. Not a small amount for me and you, but for a guy who has literally made MILLIONS off of profits his personal business has raked in over the past 3.5 yrs from Govt and GOP use of his properties- Are you kidding me?

Entities connected to either the GOP in General or Trump in particular have spent over $20,000,000 on services provided by Trump Org Properties/Businesses. By itself the Committee to Elect Donald J Trump has spent over $16,000,000 at properties owned by
Donald J Trump. Exactly what % of $16,000,000 do you think $160,000 or even $700,000 comprises?

https://www.opensecrets.org/trump/trump-properties

Is the fact that DuPont manufactures protective equipment not public information? What exactly is wrong with her husband buying stock in one of the largest corporations in the country, because they sell a product that everyone, and their sister, knows they sell? Is he forbidden to buy stock? If he does, is he not allowed to make thoughtful decisions and buy stock in a company with a desired product?

Did YOU get a briefing on Jan 24 advising YOU that masks would soon be an integral part of daily US life? Did Donald Trump mention masks PUBLICLY at any point in Jan/Feb 2020? These people were NOT guessing, and picking stocks based on throwing darts at a dartboard...

What difference does that make? I don’t look at the world through one way glasses.

Well 2 points... Collins is a pro-Trump Republican, so you can't label atacks on her as Partisan. But even more to the point, Collins is basically a peer of hers (subject to the same laws outlawing "insider trading") and HE feels her actions are unethical, if not illegal...
None of that has anything to do with whether YOU look at the world through one way glasses or not...

Did YOU get a briefing on Jan 24 advising YOU that masks would soon be an integral part of daily US life? Did Donald Trump mention masks PUBLICLY at any point in Jan/Feb 2020? These people were NOT guessing, and picking stocks based on throwing darts at a dartboard...
You are completely missing the point. She DOES NOT make her investment decisions, some one else is. Do you even understand what that means? It appears that you don’t. Until you do, your argument is 100% irrelevant.

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT