Coronavirus Timeline Clarity

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by mohoosier, Apr 5, 2020.

1. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

2. ribbont

ribbont All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I was interested in the timeline but I am wondering what happened during the 11 day gap from Feb 29 to March 11? What did the admin do or not do? What was the CDC guidance during that time? What were govs doing or not doing?

I am sure that will be reviewed at a later date and though the article did a good job pretty much going day by day, but there is that gap.

3. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Go Nancy! PEL-O-SI! PEL-O-SI! PEL-O-SI!

4. ribbont

ribbont All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Do you see anything innacurate about the listed timeline? And I don't want that question to come across wrong. I am genuinely asking. I have read other timelines but they really discuss Trump's statements and action but does not contain the CDC and WHO statements to give perspective.

5. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea. I didn't read it.

Here's a good, time-saving rule of thumb that hasn't failed yet: If Trump is being investigated for something, he's guilty.

cosmickid likes this.
  6. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

And....that says it all right there. All you need to know. Eyes closed, ears plugged - blind by choice.

7. ribbont

ribbont All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Sigh. I asked a genuine question and that is what I get. I guess so far he has been found non guilty 2 times now.

But I hoped you might have some info for me. You apparently are too far infected with TDS to have any rational conversation. Hopefully someone else on the board will help me. Good evening to you.

8. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Here you go...

Feb. 29: The U.S. records its first death from the virus, and the Trump administration announces travel restrictions on Iran and urges U.S. citizens not to travel to impacted regions of Italy and South Korea. The administration also announced increased screening of individuals coming to the U.S. from those areas. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issues a new policy to allow for faster testing to detect cases of the coronavirus.

March 3: Trump donates his quarterly salary to HHS to support efforts to "confront, contain, and combat" the coronavirus.

March 6: Trump signs an $8.3 billion coronavirus package passed by Congress. Later, the president visits the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) headquarters, urging the public to remain calm and touting the country's testing capabilities.

March 7: It is learned that someone attending the Conservative Political Action Conference, a confab of the right attended by Trump and many GOP lawmakers, tested positive for the coronavirus. Trump says he's not concerned at all about potential exposure, and the White House says there is no indication Trump or Pence was in contact with the person who tested positive. The CDC says it has tested 1,583 people for the coronavirus, a figure that does not include those tested at commercial labs.

March 10: The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. surpasses 1,000.

March 11: The World Health Organization declares the coronavirus a global pandemic. The NBA says it is suspending its season after Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert becomes the first player to test positive.

Trump announces in a rare Oval Office address that he is restricting travel from most of Europe for 30 days, a prohibition that applies to non-U.S. citizens who have traveled recently in the Schengen Area. Trump also says he will use executive action to help small businesses and individuals adversely impacted by the virus. The White House cancels Trump's trip out west for the coming weekend and his campaign postpones an upcoming event in Milwaukee.

9. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Blah blah blah. Still didn't read it.

The Trump Virus is killing over 1,000 Americans every day and the The Trump economy has laid off ten million in the past two weeks... and you morons are still defending the guy?

10. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

11. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

UncleMark and mainway_toys like this.
  12. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

Also on March 6: Trump publicly lied about the availability of tests.

This is the problem with these sorts of timelines. You want to either prop up or tear down a guy, so you cherry-pick only those pieces of information that fit your narrative.

But, taken as a whole, it should be clear to anyone that the administration's response to this crisis has been inadequate to say the least. The so-called travel bans were always too weak, and deployed too slowly in piecemeal fashion. And, even while issuing them, Trump falsely and irresponsibly promised Americans that we already had this disease under control and it wasn't going to be a big deal. What success we are having in fighting this disease is almost entirely thanks to the forward-thinking action of various governors. They were closing restaurants and issuing stay-at-home orders while Trump was still proclaiming that he wanted the entire economy running at full tilt by Easter.

You, Mo, as recently as a week ago, were downplaying the seriousness of this disease, implying that Democrats were overreacting to attack Trump. Now, you've suddenly decided Trump was aggressive all along, and the Democrats were the ones not taking it seriously. The only consistency in your arguments is that you're willing to do a 180 on any fact if it allows you to blame the Democrats.

13. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

mainway_toys likes this.
  14. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

UncleMark and sglowrider like this.
  15. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

MARCH 19th, 2014 - you are classless.

16. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

Yes. That was Trump criticizing Obama. It's called "irony".

Ohio Guy likes this.
  17. i'vegotwinners

i'vegotwinners All-American
    Expand Collapse

i don't recall the date we first started seeing pics and video of everyone in China walking around wearing masks, but that's the date, or sooner, we new this was a huge deal, despite whatever the Chinese govt was saying officially.

that is the last possible date anyone in the US govt could claim we knew.

18. mohoosier

mohoosier Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cherry pick?

Leaders play down panic while action is being taken - common and strategic.

Both can be mutually exclusive Goat and you know it. TDS feeding on the pain of the American people is a completely separate issue than a virus affecting those same people.

19. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

Yes, cherry-pick. If you wanted to justify those comments, you would have included them and explained why they were justified. Instead, you exclude them. That's cherry-picking, by definition.

20. sglowrider

sglowrider Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

outside shooter likes this.
  21. TheOriginalHappyGoat

Expand Collapse

LOL. Bill Mitchell never disappoints.

sglowrider likes this.
  22. ribbont

ribbont All-American
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. The first article shows how govt red tape and regulations really impeded this the approval process for test kits. I am not sure if Trump had the legal authority to just eliminate those regulations but the Reuters article painted a picture more an inept FDA and CDC.

As for the second article, I think some were misstatements, some political banter, and some lies. Trump is a showman and blusters on about things he shouldn't. One of my biggest complaints about him. One of many.

23. Fro

Fro Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Mitchell's already blaming Fauci for everything.

24. JamieDimonsBalls

JamieDimonsBalls All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You were dying anyway, idiot.

HillzHoozier likes this.
  25. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

The only the only panic Trump and his media minions were playing down was regarding the stock market.

Harry Hondo likes this.
  26. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

If Trump hadn't eliminated the Global Health Security Team, there would have been a grown-up in the room from the beginning.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow...-he-disbanded-his-global-health-team-n1153221

... but of course he DID fire the GHS people, so it's all moot.

If Obama (or Clinton) had still been in the White House, the GHS would have been there to point out the seriousness of the matter, and the President would have carefully considered expert advice and proceeded accordingly, up to and possibly including declaring a national emergency, which would give him the temporary power to legally bypass ordinary red tape. He would also have been open to using tests and expertise already proven in other countries. He would have used the full resources of the federal government to jump on the sparks before they became a wildfire.

26 mainway_toys, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    baileyiu and sglowrider like this.
  27. CO. Hoosier

CO. Hoosier Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

The whole world now focuses on China as the culpable party; except the the Democrats and much of the American media. They are stuck in blame Trump mode. That’s what they do. No use even talking because they ain’t listening.

28. outside shooter

outside shooter Hall of Famer
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

So.. when you hear about the swine flu epidemic (must less severe, thankfully), do the evil midwestern American hog farmers jump first into your mind as the vile scum to blame?

sglowrider likes this.
  29. Hoopsdoc1978

Hoopsdoc1978 Junior
    Expand Collapse

I like how it’s now “the Trump virus”.

mohoosier likes this.
  30. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

Of course. I always think of those evil bastards when I eat bacon.

31. Hoosier_Hack

Hoosier_Hack All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

why do you bother? You know what responses you are going to get with the majority not even reading. Trump bad.... They are ignorant and worst of all desire to stay that way. You are gonna be called stupid, an idiot, blah, blah. Then I’m sure the pied piper will come along and show us all where we are wrong.

[​IMG][[/QUOTE]

mohoosier likes this.
  32. IUclover

IUclover Freshman
    Expand Collapse

I just have to say lolz at the fact that this is included on the timeline. Trump defenders love to post this all over facebook.

Just curious... How much has Trump spent on his golfing adventures and how much money has he made from his personal businesses/investments since becoming POTUS?

33. mainway_toys

mainway_toys All-Big Ten
    Expand Collapse

China has absolutely nothing to do with to do with the absolute, unqualified failure of the Trump regime.

You put mentally ill, chronically immature psychopath in the most important office in the world, and now we're all paying a horrible price for it.

tbone6004 and outside shooter like this.
  34. Hoosier_Hack

Hoosier_Hack All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmm...... your horrible price is our bargain then I guess. Can’t be happier at the moment. Please speak for yourself and those Who choose to be selectively blind and deaf in America.

35. Hoosier_Hack

Hoosier_Hack All-Big Ten
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

False

36. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

Trump appointed the task force at the end of January and then he followed all their recommendations.

37. hoot1

hoot1 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

My focus isn't one of blaming.

My focus is working with others to keep ourselves as healthy as possible.

38. CO. Hoosier

Expand Collapse

While the virus is actively rolling throughout the world, health is the obvious first priority. But this pandemic is the direct result of gross incompetence, deliberate indifference, and active deception by China. Some sort of accountability is needed so we don’t go through this again.

mohoosier likes this.
  39. hoosboot

hoosboot Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Is that a promise?

40. UncleMark

UncleMark Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

wow