ADVERTISEMENT

CoronaVirus Stats by country

The first thing to see if the numbers are accurate intentionally or otherwise is to look at the test per million.
Low testing will always skew the numbers.

The US is like 43rd in terms of testing per capita.
The numbers might actually be worse.

Reactions: meridian
The first thing to see if the numbers are accurate intentionally or otherwise is to look at the test per million.
Low testing will always skew the numbers.

The US is like 43rd in terms of testing per capita.
The numbers might actually be worse.
Any link?
Here's one that is related, though
PolitiFact

It’s not rocket science, man. And there’s no way that the China figures are accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings

Forget about China. Our own intel agencies knew what was happening. Trump ignored it.

Trump had months to enact preventive measures, such as closing all international borders. Instead, he purposefully chose to sit on his ass in order to avoid scaring the stock market. His grand strategy consisted of praying for a miracle. These are the facts. He now blames others for his own abdication of leadership. He has never taken responsibility for anything in his entire life.

Any link?
Here's one that is related, though
PolitiFact
I am using the same source, worldometer. The far right section of their, spreadsheet you will find the test per capita numbers.
The 3rd wave here that we are 'facing' are that of the migrant workers. A frontline worker in testing has told me that they have tested 60+% of all the migrant workers here. And their numbers are through the roof. Testing just gives you a decent idea of what's going on.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We are the runaway leader both by both categories: total infected and lives lost. I am surprised our fearless leader isn't bragging about it.:(

But then, it is probably Obama's fault.
Trump was already taking a victory lap back in late February when he noted that the U.S. had just "15 cases that within a couple of days is going to be down close to zero."
Then, two weeks ago he said we'd end up with between 50,000 and 60,000 deaths. We're already at 70k and a six figure death toll is virtually certain. But, then again, is there any rational human being who puts any credence in what he says?

Trump was already taking a victory lap back in late February when he noted that the U.S. had just "15 cases that within a couple of days is going to be down close to zero."
Then, two weeks ago he said we'd end up with between 50,000 and 60,000 deaths. We're already at 70k and a six figure death toll is virtually certain. But, then again, is there any rational human being who puts any credence in what he says?

He's been a complete disaster, but he was listening to Fauci who was terribly off on the magnitude of this (see his early February TV interviews). Nobody realized this was already going around for months at that point. Not to mention the WHO, who didn't even label this as a pandemic until fvcking March 11!

Though I lean less government on here than the median poster, it's no wonder why everyone has lost faith in governmental and global institutions. They have woefully under-performed in this crisis and Trump is the leader of that underwhelming pack.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

We are the runaway leader both by both categories: total infected and lives lost. I am surprised our fearless leader isn't bragging about it.:(

But then, it is probably Obama's fault.

And yet, treatment has, thus far, been more effective than our peers. That is quite surprising considering how obese America is.
t0irmaH.png

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Also some bad news...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/05/the...o-be-more-contagious-now-new-study-finds.html

The coronavirus that emerged in Wuhan, China over four months ago has since mutated and the new, dominant strain spreading across the U.S. appears to be even more contagious, according to a new study published.

The new strain began spreading in Europe in early February before migrating to other parts of the world, including the United States and Canada, becoming the dominant form of the virus across the globe by the end of March, researchers at the Los Alamos National Laboratory wrote in a 33-page report published on BioRxiv last week.

He's been a complete disaster, but he was listening to Fauci who was terribly off on the magnitude of this (see his early February TV interviews)
I've watched the interviews and Fauci's comments have been inaccurately reported by many, including Trump. Two days ago at the Lincoln Memorial, Trump said "You go back and you take a look at - - even professionals, like Anthony, were saying 'this is no problem, this is going to blow, this is going to blow over.'" In fact, Fauci correctly stated back in January and February that the risk to U.S. citizens "right now" and "at this moment" was low, but that things could change and the virus had to be taken seriously.

Finally, with respect to Trump "listening" to Fauci, we all know that Trump rarely listens to anybody. Remember that Trump is one of the great minds of all time, the stable genius who "knows more about ISIS than the generals," the guy who regularly dazzles experts with his brilliance, and has everything he needs to know "right here" (points to head).

But the "I listened to Fauci" narrative works very well for Trump right now, as it allows him to serve up Fauci as his latest fall guy.

Reactions: UncleMark
I've watched the interviews and Fauci's comments have been inaccurately reported by many, including Trump. Two days ago at the Lincoln Memorial, Trump said "You go back and you take a look at - - even professionals, like Anthony, were saying 'this is no problem, this is going to blow, this is going to blow over.'" In fact, Fauci correctly stated back in January and February that the risk to U.S. citizens "right now" and "at this moment" was low, but that things could change and the virus had to be taken seriously.

Finally, with respect to Trump "listening" to Fauci, we all know that Trump rarely listens to anybody. Remember that Trump is one of the great minds of all time, the stable genius who "knows more about ISIS than the generals," the guy who regularly dazzles experts with his brilliance, and has everything he needs to know "right here" (points to head).

But the "I listened to Fauci" narrative works very well for Trump right now, as it allows him to serve up Fauci as his latest fall guy.
No kidding! I thought he told us that it was all Obama's fault! Or, did he also blame Abraham Lincoln too? I must be getting old; I get mixed up with names!

Well, at least he hasn't blamed our Lucy yet.;)

It’s not rocket science, man. And there’s no way that the China figures are accurate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Tourism_rankings
I'm not defending China, but given their form of government it's much easier to mandate stay at home orders to their citizens than it is in the U.S. They didn't have protesters wanting to open things up. I remember seeing video of huge metropolitan areas in China with absolutely no people around... literally no one.

Fauci and the WHO have become the new scapegoats for Trump and everyone who claims they don’t support Trump or the things he says. Isn’t that interesting.

Reactions: outside shooter
Germany is basically opening everything now. Merkel's just held a press conference.

Contact restrictions (1.5 metres) and mandatory masks in public transport and shops will be extended until 5 Jun but all shops are allowed to open (they've done away with the 800 sqm rule) and everythings else is up to the states now who can open restaurants, pubs, beer gardens, hotels, cinemas and apparently even brothels.

Some states have already announced they will open gastronomy on Saturday. Bundesliga allowed to continue next weekend as well.

Yes, there are: 43% of American voters. I would say that's a huge number! Oops, I missed the word rational .
So, I guess you are right.

If the virus wipes out the entire country save for one man and one woman that is preferable to the blatant violation of our constitutional rights which is currently occurring. A lot of you are pussified beyond rational comprehension

If the virus wipes out the entire country save for one man and one woman that is preferable to the blatant violation of our constitutional rights which is currently occurring. A lot of you are pussified beyond rational comprehension

Well, that was an easy "ignore".

Reactions: largemouth
Some people show up with a bucket of stupid. It's pretty rare when someone shows up with a train carload.

Yeah that was an easy ignore. I didn’t know it was a feature until a couple of months ago.

People who talk like that automatically make me think they are the biggest pu$$y ever. They are the loudmouth guy in the bar who is constantly talking shit and when someone steps up to challenge him he suddenly remembers he has to leave and he just doesn’t feel like kicking anyone’s ass today.

Odds are he’s typing all that in between jerkin’ sessions in his mom’s basement.

People who talk like that automatically make me think they are the biggest pu$$y ever. They are the loudmouth guy in the bar who is constantly talking shit and when someone steps up to challenge him he suddenly remembers he has to leave and he just doesn’t feel like kicking anyone’s ass today.
That's how I envision Trump.

S. Korea advises clubs to close, may delay schools
South Korea has advised nightclubs to close for a month and may delay the reopening of schools after linking more than a dozen new coronavirus infections to clubgoers in the capital

SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korea on Friday advised nightclubs and similar entertainment venues to close for a month and may delay the reopening of schools after linking more than a dozen new coronavirus infections to clubgoers in the capital.

Schools were supposed to begin reopening next week, but the fears of a resurgence came after Friday's disclosure of 25 new cases, South Korea's first jump above 10 in five days.

“At this moment, it’s too early to say whether we need to postpone the opening of schools, but we will monitor the spread of the virus and review information” from investigations of the new cases, Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said during a virus briefing.

A slowing caseload in previous weeks had allowed officials to relax social distancing guidelines and schedule a phased reopening of schools, starting with high school seniors returning next Wednesday.

The government also advised nightclubs, hostess bars and similar entertainment venues around the country to close for a month after officials detected at least 15 infections linked to a 29-year-old patient who visited three clubs in Seoul’s Itaewon district on Saturday before testing positive on Wednesday.

Jeong said the patient did not wear a mask inside the clubs and that the number of infections will likely rise as health workers trace and test contacts. The clubs’ visitor lists show they received more than 1,500 customers combined on Saturday.

The central government's advisory doesn't require clubs to close, but if they become a source of infections after failing to enforce anti-virus measures they could be shut down.

Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip said 13 of the new cases were an office colleague of the patient and a dozen fellow clubgoers, including three foreigners and a soldier.

“A drop of ink in clear water spreads swiftly,” Kim said during a briefing, urging vigilance to maintain hard-won gains against the virus. “Anyone can become that drop of ink that spreads COVID-19.”

South Korea has reported more than 10,800 cases and 256 deaths from COVID-19.

South Korea has not reported a daily jump above 100 since April 1, which allowed officials to ease social distancing guidelines, schedule the reopening of schools and allow professional sports to return without fans in the stands. South Korea’s professional soccer league began its new season on Friday, following Tuesday’s baseball openers. Earlier this week, South Korean troops were allowed to resume leaves after two months of restrictions.

Health officials urged people to reconsider visiting their elderly parents on Friday, which is national parents’ day, and over the weekend.

Reactions: meridian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT