ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus case increase sets new U.S. record, rising to over 184K in one day

Anyone going to CA for Thanksgiving?

Ahead of Thanksgiving next month, California Gov. Gavin Newsom and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released new safety guidelines for all private gatherings amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The new rules come with STRICT RESTRICTIONS THAT AIM TO HELP REDUCE THE RISK OF SPREADING INFECTION.

"Gatherings are defined as social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space or place. When people from different households mix, this increases the risk of transmission of COVID-19," the CDPH said in a statement.

NO MORE THAN THREE HOUSEHOLDS
All gatherings must include no more than three households, including hosts and guests, and MUST BE HELD OUTDOORS, lasting for TWO HOURS OF LESS. "The longer the duration [of the gathering], the risk of transmission increases," the statement noted. "Gatherings that occur outdoors are significantly safer than indoor gatherings. ALL GATHERINGS MUST BE HELD OUTSIDE. Attendees may go inside to use restrooms as long as the restrooms are frequently sanitized," the statement added.

MASKS MUST STAY ON AFTER EATING AND DRINKING
The new rules state those at a gathering "may remove their face coverings briefly to eat or drink as long as they stay at least 6 feet away from everyone outside their own household, and put their face covering back on as soon as they are done with the activity."

"FACE COVERINGS CAN ALSO BE REMOVED TO MEET URGENT MEDICAL NEEDS (for example, to use an asthma inhaler, take medication, or if feeling light-headed)." The existing face covering rules set out by the CDPH also apply, which state everyone must wear face coverings in "high-risk situations," including in outdoor public spaces when maintaining a six-feet distance from those outside your household is not feasible.

SINGING AND SHOUTING "STRONGLY DISCOURAGED"
Singing, chanting and shouting are "strongly discouraged" because they "pose a very high risk of COVID-19 transmission," the statement noted.
"Singing, chanting, shouting, and physical exertion significantly increases the risk of COVID-19 transmission because these activities increase the release of respiratory droplets and fine aerosols into the air. Because of this, singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged," the statement said.
Those who do participate in these activities should "DO SO QUIETLY (AT OR BELOW THE VOLUME OF A NORMAL SPEAKING VOICE)," and wear a face covering while engaged in the activity, the statement said. Those who sing, chant or shout are also "strongly encouraged" to keep a physical distance of more than six feet to further reduce the risk of spreading infection.

MUSICIANS ARE ALLOWED AT GATHERINGS but they must be from one of the three households. The playing of any WIND INSTRUMENTS "STRONGLY DISCOURAGED," (those that are played by the mouth, such as a trumpet or clarinet) according to the statement.

KEEP IT SOCIAL AT A DISTANCE
The space for the gathering must be large enough to allow guests to maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from those who are not in their household at all times. "SEATING MUST PROVIDE AT LEAST 6 FEET OF DISTANCE (IN ALL DIRECTIONS—FRONT-TO-BACK AND SIDE-TO-SIDE) between different households," the statement noted.

MAINTAIN HAND HYGIENE
As much as possible, all food and drink should be served in disposable containers, while SELF-SERVE COMMUNAL CONTAINERS AND OTHER SHARED ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE USED AT THE GATHERING. A place for washing hands or hand sanitizer must be available for use at the gathering and all attendees should WASH THEIR HANDS OR USE HAND SANITIZER FREQUENTLY, the statement noted.

Germany, Australia, Brazil, India are some of the other countries in the world that have a federal system.

What's your point? The first two have responded to the pandemic relatively well. The latter, no so. Why? Leadership at the top.

Governments at their most basic have to keep their citizens safe. Failure of that is a spotlight on their poor governance -- and their political leaders.
State and local gov mandate masks and closings. Only state and local govs. That’s the point. You are blaming the wizard of oz when there are people with actual authority you never call out - for their successes or failures. Want evidence of same look at the calif gov’s detailed restrictions. Maybe they are smart. Maybe dumb. But that’s where our response rests - not trump.

85 degrees and sunshine. Probably with a beer overlooking the water bitching about trump. You come to Missouri and endure this freezing rain THEN you can bitch about what’s goin on here. Bastard.

Last edited:
Afraid to answer? 60 million+ were affected, and more children died from it than any other age group. Why didn't Obama call for a shut down of schools? If he did, I missed it.

If you are seriously wondering....

The previous two pandemics were opposite of each other as far as a public health response.

Ebola is highly fatal but not very contagious. Therefore there wasn't a huge global reaction to stop the spread of a disease that already didn't spread much.

H1N1 was the opposite. It's highly contagious but wasn't highly fatal. It lasted about a year and a half and took a little over 12,000 lives when it was all said and done.

To borrow the popular, initial response for some, in this case it killed a little less than the flu. Therefore there was no strict global measures to have to contain.

Corona is the combination of both. It's highly contagious and it's dangerously fatal.

Therefore there has been a different global response in regards to containment, well except here in the US as we've been wishy washy. The messaging has been confusing and complicated but that's what happens when you convince millions of people that news is fake.

The fact that it's a global issue makes it pretty easy to compare responses to see how we are doing.

Reactions: sglowrider
the governor has the authority to mandate masks; a less drastic option than closing businesses. instead they are doing the latter. that's a decision that rests solely with a gov and enforcement locally. has zero to do with trump. you truly have trump derangement syndrome and can't see the forest for the trees. everything pertinent today with pandemic containment falls solely within the ambit of governors and county officials. the response or lack thereof is in their discretion. they've had seven months to come up with something. nothing. so we're going to continue to scream at the guy with zero authority and give the guys who have authority a pass. that makes a lot of sense.
Come on, man. Your repeated defense of Trump is getting old.

For months, Trump has attacked and discredited the very remedies that you perfunctorily claim governors and county officials should adopt. Trump's attacks have encouraged widespread disobedience of mask regulations already in place. Haven't you seen all those videos of mask opponents disrupting city council meetings around the country? Trump creates nationwide political opposition to the sensible local actions you propose -- he has everything to do with the nationwide spread of Covid.

Trump's Presidential bully pulpit (and big mouth) drowns out calls for sanity by local officials. Can you honestly claim that the headwinds confronting all these local officials scattered around dozens of cities hundreds of miles apart are being caused by bad decisions they are making independently?

If so, you're not even close.

Reactions: outside shooter
If you are seriously wondering....

The previous two pandemics were opposite of each other as far as a public health response.

Ebola is highly fatal but not very contagious. Therefore there wasn't a huge global reaction to stop the spread of a disease that already didn't spread much.

H1N1 was the opposite. It's highly contagious but wasn't highly fatal. It lasted about a year and a half and took a little over 12,000 lives when it was all said and done.

To borrow the popular, initial response for some, in this case it killed a little less than the flu. Therefore there was no strict global measures to have to contain.

Corona is the combination of both. It's highly contagious and it's dangerously fatal.

Therefore there has been a different global response in regards to containment, well except here in the US as we've been wishy washy. The messaging has been confusing and complicated but that's what happens when you convince millions of people that news is fake.

The fact that it's a global issue makes it pretty easy to compare responses to see how we are doing.

I asked the highest daily number of cases. Why is it so hard for anyone to answer such a simple question? What was the highest number of h1n1 cases in one day? Surely that is very simple to find as I am convinced several media outlets, being so concerned about a highly deadly virus for children, reported non-stop about the number of cases.

I am am technologically inept, so I am hoping my friends on the WC will help me to answer my simple question. TIA from a fellow Lawrence Countian.

I asked the highest daily number of cases. Why is it so hard for anyone to answer such a simple question? What was the highest number of h1n1 cases in one day? Surely that is very simple to find as I am convinced several media outlets, being so concerned about a highly deadly virus for children, reported non-stop about the number of cases.

I am am technologically inept, so I am hoping my friends on the WC will help me to answer my simple question. TIA from a fellow Lawrence Countian.

Wtf!

Why not ask for the daily numbers of the space crafts that visited Indianapolis during the Obama Era?

Wtf!

Why not ask for the daily numbers of the space crafts that visited Indianapolis during the Obama Era?

Surely it would be an easy number to find. I easily found the Covid number. And so did you. I am sure the media, during a pandemic that affected 60+ million people, had a daily counter. I mean, we had an internet 10 years ago. Surely, MSNBC and CNN had a daily counter of cases.

Come on, man. Your repeated defense of Trump is getting old.

For months, Trump has attacked and discredited the very remedies that you perfunctorily claim governors and county officials should adopt. Trump's attacks have encouraged widespread disobedience of mask regulations already in place. Haven't you seen all those videos of mask opponents disrupting city council meetings around the country? Trump creates nationwide political opposition to the sensible local actions you propose -- he has everything to do with the nationwide spread of Covid.

Trump's Presidential bully pulpit (and big mouth) drowns out calls for sanity by local officials. Can you honestly claim that the headwinds confronting all these local officials scattered around dozens of cities hundreds of miles apart are being caused by bad decisions they are making independently?

If so, you're not even close.
That’s your bias preventing objectivity. I’m not defending trump. Trump’s been an unmitigated disaster in his messaging. I’m simply stating facts. There are 24 democrat governors that harbor no allegiance to trump that had total authority to run their response as they see fit. Responsibility is shared and the top of the pyramid has zero authority. Zero. Those are facts. Yours are feelings. Anyone who has the authority to close a school; close a business; can certainly enforce a mask rule, right? Fine them? Make them go to court? But let’s place all the blame on the guy who can’t do anything but talk.

And believe me if trump had authority I have no doubt he would continue to do the wrong thing. But in the meantime we’re letting the people actually responsible off the hook by predicating decision making on infection rates with no real plan for anything. Oops hit my arbitrary infection rate let’s start closing shit. No plan to isolate certain populations; insulate others. Nonsense.

Last edited:

I didn't know you were from my home county. Guess it makes sense since we're both on an IU fan site. Lol

I grew up on 'O' street. My Minnesota friends find that funny. I think it's extremely efficient as you can never get lost in Bedford.

Now Williams, Fayetteville and even Avoca is a different story with those tiny, winding back roads.

Mad respect for my fellow neighbor but....the point you're trying to make as a comparison 'Obama response', particularly after the conservative reaction to corona, is falling flat.

Sorry neighbor.

There may be hope on mandate masking. Trump's boss has just passed the law:

Russia mandates face masks in some public places, imposes new measures

Russian authorities on Tuesday ordered people across the country to wear facemasks in some public places and asked regional authorities to consider shutting bars and restaurants overnight after a surge in coronavirus cases.

The consumer health watchdog told regional authorities to make masks mandatory in parking lots, elevators, taxis and public transport. Some cities, including the capital Moscow, have already made masks mandatory on public transport.

It also suggested they close bars and restaurants between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. (2000 GMT to 0300 GMT). The RIA news agency had earlier reported this as an order, not a recommendation.

Russia has seen a surge in new COVID-19 infections in recent weeks, prompting the authorities to open temporary hospitals and urge the population to take precautionary measures.

The authorities have said they will not repeat the total lockdowns imposed across the country earlier this year.

Russia had reported 1,547,774 infections, the world’s fourth largest COVID-19 case load after the United States, India and Brazil.

There may be hope on mandate masking. Trump's boss has just passed the law:

Russia mandates face masks in some public places, imposes new measures

Russian authorities on Tuesday ordered people across the country to wear facemasks in some public places and asked regional authorities to consider shutting bars and restaurants overnight after a surge in coronavirus cases.

The consumer health watchdog told regional authorities to make masks mandatory in parking lots, elevators, taxis and public transport. Some cities, including the capital Moscow, have already made masks mandatory on public transport.

It also suggested they close bars and restaurants between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. (2000 GMT to 0300 GMT). The RIA news agency had earlier reported this as an order, not a recommendation.

Russia has seen a surge in new COVID-19 infections in recent weeks, prompting the authorities to open temporary hospitals and urge the population to take precautionary measures.

The authorities have said they will not repeat the total lockdowns imposed across the country earlier this year.

Russia had reported 1,547,774 infections, the world’s fourth largest COVID-19 case load after the United States, India and Brazil.
Trump doesn’t have authority. Only fed bldgs, national parks, travel. Mandates are for governors. Lots of trump bad naive posting. This is literally freshman civics

Last edited:
The Mountain west is experiencing problems with healthcare workers getting exposed. One hospital cannot afford one more person out or they can't form a surgical team. A clinic has had to close due to a lack of staffing. And medical workers exposed to SARS-Cov-2 are required to work in other locations due to shortages. Certainly not ideal for anyone needing medical treatment who has asthma, diabetes, or other risks. https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/health-and-medicine/article246725166.html

This is the type of scenario we want to prevent.

The Mountain west is experiencing problems with healthcare workers getting exposed. One hospital cannot afford one more person out or they can't form a surgical team. A clinic has had to close due to a lack of staffing. And medical workers exposed to SARS-Cov-2 are required to work in other locations due to shortages. Certainly not ideal for anyone needing medical treatment who has asthma, diabetes, or other risks. https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/nation-world/health-and-medicine/article246725166.html

Right but that might mean they are having a dozen extra patients tipping them over. So we’ll take extreme measure for what could be a small number of people. Why weren’t those governors getting relief to expand capacity, increase staffing, etc. it’s ridiculous. There’s so much not being done from enforcing masks, to isolating vulnerable people to earmarking monies to expand capacity. Instead these idiot governors are asleep at the wheel. Oh ir up better shutdown. We won’t have enough people to treat the extra 800 patients. And maybe that’s a trump failure. Not getting enough fed aid to states. I don’t know. But for 7 months states haven’t done shit to isolate, trace,, enforce masks, etc.

Yeap. Its one of the critical success factor/lessons learnt from SARs for various Asian countries incl here. Protect and ensure the healthcare workers are a priority.

Yeap. Its one of the critical success factor/lessons learnt from SARs for various Asian countries incl here. Protect and ensure the healthcare workers are a priority.
SGL here's my igw counter proposal for his plan:
1: state governors mandate masks. discretion removed from counties. any person seen not wearing a mask gets fined $500. failure to pay within 30 days gets a warrant and a court appearance on the county's traffic docket. these courts are already set up for enforcement
2. anyone over 65 (or whatever) or with medically diagnosed diseases that put them at risk gets $4,000 a month from the government. we expand FMLA to allow them to miss work for 3 or 6 months or whatever until a vaccine is in place (assumes a vaccine). along with this we have psa throughout each state advising folks.
3. fed aid for hospital/staffing expansion. fema whatever

three relatively simple measures to enforce masks and isolate vulnerable populations. IGW?

What we need is a good conservative Supreme Court to kill healthcare for a few million people. That should help.

1: state governors mandate masks. discretion removed from counties. any person seen not wearing a mask gets fined $500. failure to pay within 30 days gets a warrant and a court appearance on the county's traffic docket. these courts are already set up for enforcement
2. anyone over 65 (or whatever) or with medically diagnosed diseases that put them at risk gets $4,000 a month from the government. we expand FMLA to allow them to miss work for 3 or 6 months or whatever until a vaccine is in place (assumes a vaccine). along with this we have psa throughout each state advising folks.

three relatively simple measures to enforce masks and isolate vulnerable populations. IGW?

I think that ideas like that are unicorns. They sound great, we can't get congress to pass anything. I don't know if a single GOP senator would back #2.

From the healthcare professional: you need to add track & trace teams/apps to allow hit squads to zoom in onto outbreaks before they get big.

Or -- I have to scan QR codes via my phone whenever I enter a mall or shop. I was at the mall to get my whopper and watch a movie earlier -- I think I QR coded like 3 times. Once to enter the mall, then BK and then the cinema -- where I had to wear a mask throughout the movie.
I will be given some dongle next week as a portable track & trace app that I just tap against upon entry to a mall or shop.

TraceTogether: Singapore turns to wearable contact-tracing Covid tech
_113218646_singapore_tag_tracing_system_v2_640_.png

I will switch to the free dongle next week -- using the mobile phone and its Bluetooth, drain out the batt much too quickly.

From the patient's side: pay people that need to be quarantined/isolated for 2 weeks -- a big portion of their current salary.
Set up a system that enables them to sustain isolation for 2 weeks -- from food delivery to ordering other stuff online. The folks here get a care package plus delivery systems all setup specifically for these quarantined patients. Plus the followup antbodies/PCR testing during the isolation.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
So, 8 months in and all we get is 'wear your mask'. I'm pretty frustrated to not ever hear any other practical advice about relatively harmless steps one could take, like taking vitamin D and zinc supplements, or that HCQ helps a lot of people and it's very safe. Melatonin can help regulate the immune response. All cheap and safe ways to live in the age of Covid 19.

Just masks and vaccines. Don't Europeans know about masks?

I think that ideas like that are unicorns. They sound great, we can't get congress to pass anything. I don't know if a single GOP senator would back #2.

If Dems take the senate, it’s time to blow up the filibuster and get shit done. The cons lost all credibility with ACB and don’t deserve to be negotiated with ever again. At least pass an infrastructure bill that puts people to work.

I didn't know you were from my home county. Guess it makes sense since we're both on an IU fan site. Lol

I grew up on 'O' street. My Minnesota friends find that funny. I think it's extremely efficient as you can never get lost in Bedford.

Now Williams, Fayetteville and even Avoca is a different story with those tiny, winding back roads.

Mad respect for my fellow neighbor but....the point you're trying to make as a comparison 'Obama response', particularly after the conservative reaction to corona, is falling flat.

Sorry neighbor.

I know a guy named Tom, who lived on O St, went to IU, and now lives in Minnesota.

But he is 50ish and I think you are younger IIRC.

BTW, my comparison is not so much with Obama, but the media.

the governor has the authority to mandate masks; a less drastic option than closing businesses. instead they are doing the latter. that's a decision that rests solely with a gov and enforcement locally. has zero to do with trump. you truly have trump derangement syndrome and can't see the forest for the trees. everything pertinent today with pandemic containment falls solely within the ambit of governors and county officials. the response or lack thereof is in their discretion. they've had seven months to come up with something. nothing. so we're going to continue to scream at the guy with zero authority and give the guys who have authority a pass. that makes a lot of sense.
Don’t you think governors would be a bit more apt to do that if Trump would encourage it? It’s amazing how many are afraid of getting mean tweets and getting ridiculed by him.

Hospitalization among young pop is next to nothing.
How are both these things true? Spikes are mostly young people yet hospitalizations are way up? I’d think if it’s all young people, hospitalizations would be way down.

Don’t you think governors would be a bit more apt to do that if Trump would encourage it? It’s amazing how many are afraid of getting mean tweets and getting ridiculed by him.
LOL No. and if that's the case i'd be a hell of a lot more worried about my state elections than the president. anyway, i trust the govs of illinois, ca, ny and many others would do the opposite if for no other reason but to spite him and curry favor with their own constituents - you know the ones they actually care about. but guess what? two young black girls in chicago stabbed a man to death today at a store because he was telling them to wear a mask? i can promise you those weren't trump voters in a blue city with a blue mayor and a blue governor. while you and sgl and others live your lives obsessed with trump, many others don't care and actually think for themselves. so again, let's revisit this discussion:

this is a state and local authority issue. feds provide support. if they're derelict in providing funding great, let's call them out, but people will not comply unless it is mandated with significant consequences for failing to abide and that happens ONLY at the state and local level. go back to your regular parrot programming now and do. not. think. for. yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: CO. Hoosier
LOL No. and if that's the case i'd be a hell of a lot more worried about my state elections than the president. anyway, i trust the govs of illinois, ca, ny and many others would do the opposite if for no other reason but to spite him and curry favor with their own constituents - you know the ones they actually care about. but guess what? two young black girls in chicago stabbed a man to death today at a store because he was telling them to wear a mask? i can promise you those weren't trump voters in a blue city with a blue mayor and a blue governor. while you and sgl and others live your lives obsessed with trump, many others don't care and actually think for themselves. so again, let's revisit this discussion:

this is a state and local authority issue. feds provide support. if they're derelict in providing funding great, let's call them out, but people will not comply unless it is mandating with significant consequences for failing to abide and that happens ONLY at the state and local level. go back to your regular parrot programming now
You’re an ass. Look back at this thread. Other people said very similar things and yet you didn’t respond to anyone else like this. And you’re either hopelessly naive or stupid if you think Trump encouraging a mask mandate in the GOP states wouldn’t make a difference.

You’re an ass. Look back at this thread. Other people said very similar things and yet you didn’t respond to anyone else like this. And you’re either hopelessly naive or stupid if you think Trump encouraging a mask mandate in the GOP states wouldn’t make a difference.
LMAO. you are so hopelessly partisan i don't know why i bother to respond. "in the gop states." do you know how stupid that sounds. cases are spiking in blue states no different than gop states. PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO WEAR MASKS AND DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT TRUMP. if masks are so important criminalize the failure to wear same. this isn't hard. illinois is blowing up in cases. blue governor. blue mayors. blue execs. none care about trump. they do the opposite of what trump wants. yet their state is blowing up with cases. why? because they do the same wash rince repeat: cases are up, close things down, and let's send the message again to "wear masks" - in the meantime two young democrats are stabbing a man to death because they didn't want to wear a mask at the store.

if masks are that impt criminalize failure to wear them. it's easy. you are obsessed with trump and cannot think for yourself. these states have had eight months to do something. eight months to get hospitals ready. eight months to isolate vulnerable people. eight months to set up dockets for failing to wear masks. eight months to develop tracing procedures and protocols for same. but you are still stuck on trump and his message from last spring since he has zero authority to do anything unless he wants you to wear a mask when you pet a buffalo at yellowstone. start bitching at the elected officials that can actually do something. almost everything that touches your daily life is at the hands of your state and local officials. federalism.

Last edited:
LMAO. you are so hopelessly partisan i don't know why i bother to respond. "in the gop states." do you know how stupid that sounds. cases are spiking in blue states no different than gop states. PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO WEAR MASKS AND DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT TRUMP. if masks are so important criminalize the failure to wear same. this isn't hard. illinois is blowing up in cases. blue governor. blue mayors. blue execs. none care about trump. they do the opposite of what trump wants. yet their state is blowing up with cases. why? because they do the same wash rince repeat. cases are up, close things down, and send the message "wear masks" while two young democrats are stabbing a man to death because they didn't want to wear a mask at the store.

if masks are that impt criminalize failure to wear them. it's easy. you want are obsessed with trump and cannot think for yourself. these states have had eight months to do something. eight months to get hospitals ready. eight months to isolate vulnerable people. eight months to set up dockets for failing to wear masks. eight months to develop tracing procedures and protocols for same. but you are still stuck on trump and his message from last spring since he has zero authority to do anything unless he wants you to wear a mask when you pet a buffalo at yellowstone. start bitching at the elected officials that can actually do something. almost everything that touches your daily life is at the hands of your state and local officials. federalism.
Have you forgotten how to punctuate? Writing three paragraphs without punctuation doesn’t make your argument any more compelling. Do you know how stupid you sound when you don’t pay attention to facts and accuse someone else of being partisan because they do? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...sembles-whats-happened-brazil/?outputType=amp You can scream and yell and throw a little man tantrum all you want.

Have you forgotten how to punctuate? Writing three paragraphs without punctuation doesn’t make your argument any more compelling. Do you know how stupid you sound when you don’t pay attention to facts and accuse someone else of being partisan because they do? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/13/red-state-coronavirus-surge-resembles-whats-happened-brazil/?outputType=amp You can scream and yell and throw a little man tantrum all you want.
lmao. cases are surging in almost every single state in america right now. this isn't a blue/red state issue. this moves like a wildfire and creates hotspots in EVERY STATE as you have seen with BLUE new york and california. as for punctuation i'm talking to a wind up doll so going fast. you aren't worth the time. turn off your tv and think for yourself.

lmao. cases are surging in almost every single state in america right now. this isn't a blue/red state issue. this moves like a wildfire and creates hotspots in EVERY STATE as you have seen with BLUE new york and california. as for punctuation i'm talking to a wind up doll so going fast. you aren't worth the time. turn off your tv and think for yourself.
I know the World Series prevents me from thinking for myself. Your condescension prevents you from both reading and comprehending what’s actually happening. Did you even read the link? But I’ll think for myself from now on and believe what McMurtry tells me instead of what WaPo reports. Of course there are surges everywhere. The majority recently have been in red states. But you do you...

I know the World Series prevents me from thinking for myself. Your condescension prevents you from both reading and comprehending what’s actually happening. Did you even read the link? But I’ll think for myself from now on and believe what McMurtry tells me instead of what WaPo reports. Of course there are surges everywhere. The majority recently have been in red states. But you do you...
lol. your brain was consigned long ago to the liberal media with no ability to think for yourself, to interpret data on your own; instead you simply regurgitate what you are told by the same outlets over and over. again. cases are surging in nearly every state. why? why are three of the five states with the most deaths run by democrats? because it's a coincidence! this thing moves like a wildfire and doesn't care whether a state is blue or red. all the states are doing some derivation of the same thing and it doesn't work. only two things work: lockdowns and apparently masks. lockdowns have too many other repercussions so masks are the only viable option. unless states and counties are willing to criminalize failures to wear masks not much can be done. enough with the red/blue bs. it's dumb. really, really dumb.

casting everything as Red did this, blue did that, not only evinces little understanding of what's actually going on (like understanding federalism and who does or doesn't have authority) it actually thwarts any real discussion and makes this board one massive silly circle jerk

North Dakota highest Covid death rate in the world, lowest US rate of mask wearing... Weird how that works, right?

Last edited:
lol. your brain was consigned long ago to the liberal media with no ability to think for yourself, to interpret data on your own; instead you simply regurgitate what you are told by the same outlets over and over. again. cases are surging in nearly every state. why? why are three of the five states with the most deaths run by democrats? because it's a coincidence! this thing moves like a wildfire and doesn't care whether a state is blue or red. all the states are doing some derivation of the same thing and it doesn't work. only two things work: lockdowns and apparently masks. lockdowns have too many other repercussions so masks are the only viable option. unless states and counties are willing to criminalize failures to wear masks not much can be done. enough with the red/blue bs. it's dumb. really, really dumb.

casting everything as Red did this, blue did that, not only evinces little understanding of what's actually going on (like understanding federalism and who does or doesn't have authority) it actually thwarts any real discussion and makes this board one massive silly circle jerk
I’m sorry you can’t think for yourself enough to understand that the blue states were hit the hardest earliest, long before we knew how to deal with this. Also of course high population cities obviously are going to have a difficult time. I’m talking about right now, not 6 months ago. You can continue to insult me all you want, but all you have to do is look at the stats right now, but you refuse to do so, because you’re absolutely certain you are right. Let’s see, who does that remind me of..

I’m sorry you can’t think for yourself enough to understand that the blue states were hit the hardest earliest, long before we knew how to deal with this. Also of course high population cities obviously are going to have a difficult time. I’m talking about right now, not 6 months ago. You can continue to insult me all you want, but all you have to do is look at the stats right now, but you refuse to do so, because you’re absolutely certain you are right. Let’s see, who does that remind me of..

Highest death rates. Blue states. Today. Right now. And cases are surging in nearly every state. Think. For. Yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT