ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus case increase sets new U.S. record, rising to over 184K in one day

Anyone that posts that video of Aaron Sorkin fellating himself and think is make some sort of salient point is a f*cking rube.

You complain about jingoism and then post that god awful crap. You are too funny.
It was written for people with some level of self-reflection or sense of perspective in mind. Not rocks for brains folks like you.

Sorry if you had assumed I was including you in that potential discussion or group.

The fact that you so desperately want him to cram down his authority is why you should never be allowed near any levers of power and desperately need a civics lesson.

Who said “cram down his authority”? Lol. He could have worked with states instead of immediately drawing red and blue lines. He also could have led by example. And this is why he’ll never be allowed near any levers of power ever again unless you count militias.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Who said “cram down his authority”? Lol. He could have worked with states instead of immediately drawing red and blue lines. He also could have led by example. And this is why he’ll never be allowed near any levers of power ever again unless you count militias.
Good for you 314. An accurate description of the scope of his powers without silly hyperbolic 225,000 deaths are on his hands nonsense. That trump didn’t do what you write is idiotic and I expect come Tuesday will be deemed one of the largest political reelection blunders ever. I firmly believe had he simply had the right messaging and been assistive to states he would have been re-elected

U.S. reports second-highest daily number of Covid cases on Election Day as scientists warn of a dangerous winter

• The United States reported 91,530 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, the nation’s second highest daily total, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
  • Roughly 140,000 more people in the U.S. could die from Covid-19 by Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, according to forecasts from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.
The United States reported 91,530 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, the nation’s second-highest daily total as millions of voters cast their ballots on Election Day.

The seven-day average of daily new cases reached record highs in 21 states on Tuesday, according to a CNBC analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. There are now almost 9.4 million reported Covid-19 cases in the U.S. and at least 232,635 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins.

The nation is averaging around 86,300 new coronavirus cases every day, continuing a trend of record-high daily infections and sending the U.S. pandemic further into its third peak ahead of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Compared with previous outbreaks, the coronavirus appears to be spreading widely in states across the country as scientists now warn of a difficult, dangerous winter on the horizon.

106778930-1604501278617-20201104_us_new_cases_curve_updated.png

The outbreak will likely get so bad that the U.S. will see more than 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day for a “sustained period of time,” former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb told CNBC on Tuesday.

The average number of people hospitalized with Covid-19 is up by at least 5% in 36 states, according to a CNBC analysis of data from the Covid Tracking Project, which is run by journalists at The Atlantic.

Many of the states reporting record levels of hospitalizations are in America’s Midwest and West: Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Experts warn that hospitalizations are a worrying trend since they typically lag growing cases and indicate that more deaths will follow. Nationally, nearly 140,000 more people in the U.S. could die from Covid-19 by Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, according to forecasts from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington.

“We’re probably going to see significant spread across the entire United States in a confluent epidemic that we’re much better prepared to deal with, so I don’t think that we’re going to see the excess death that we saw with the first wave of this pandemic when it struck New York,” Gottlieb said on “Squawk Box.”

Despite the recent surge in cases, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance over the weekend to clarify that all voters — including those infected with the coronavirus — have the right to vote, cautioning them to follow recommended public health guidance at polling sites on Tuesday.

The coronavirus, however, seemed top of mind for many voters on Election Day. More than half of voters nationwide said containing the virus is more pressing than rebuilding the economy, according to NBC exit polls.

What's the definition of the greatest country on Earth? Surely it's not based on the ability to galvanize the greatest resources in the world to fight a tiny virus -- that has since developed more than 9million cases (probably more) or 3% of the population and will ramp up now with the approaching winter months -- and more deaths than anyone in the world?

If you can send a man to the moon but can't figure out how to fight this pandemic --
a) It may not be the greatest country in the world.
b) it may be the greatest country in the world but its been fecked by certain politicians

If its not be the ''greatest country'' in the world. Then if that's the case, what do you do next?

My point is jingoistic claims like that is why and how a country starts to slide into decline. As any successful sports manager and they rarely make those statements about their teams. The players get less hungry. They will walk about beating their chest without actually putting their brains together and thinking about how to keep the competition away.

It always reminds me of my corporate life where I worked in three globally dominant companies. (The equivalent of the white shoes like Baker/Mackenzie, Latham/Watkins etc and in terms of revenues, but multitudes more.)

You will find several types of people there -- the old-timers who are quite chill and worry about the well-being of the younger generations. And then some of the newbies who are always beating their chest about how great we are.
One had direct contributions to the actual global position and the others riding the coattails. Which is why I prefer working at startups where you are fighting all the time -- more honesty.

Beating your chest is well & good but it adds nothing to ensure that it remains in its hegemonistic position.

And in the case of the pandemic, millions of people seem to prefer guns to masks -- rather than living in the real world and trying to figure out how to beat this pandemic.

I used to agree but I took the new 'American Exceptionalism' class that they want to teach our children and all I can say is....

AMERICA, F#$K YEAH!!!!!

In all seriousness, how are we ever going to be exceptional if all we're ever taught is American propaganda?

I took a class in my last semester at IU called 'American history from a business perspective' and it was the greatest history class I ever took. It didn't sugarcoat. It basically explained how most every decision ever made is based on money. Seems obvious I know but it's true. If we just accept that we are naturally all money whores and that our country is motivated by money, then at least things like why there are no more buffalo or why we needed an immigrant workforce (because we had shit to do and didn't have time to grow the work force by reproduction....so we brought over and fu#$ed over the Irish, the Scandinavian, the Chinese and obviously African Slave labor).

Anyway, this new propaganda movement reminds me of the Daughters of the Confederacy movement 100 years ago.

How can we become great if we won't understand how we got where we are??

Okay this was kind of a detour. My bad.

I used to agree but I took the new 'American Exceptionalism' class that they want to teach our children and all I can say is....

AMERICA, F#$K YEAH!!!!!

In all seriousness, how are we ever going to be exceptional if all we're ever taught is American propaganda?

I took a class in my last semester at IU called 'American history from a business perspective' and it was the greatest history class I ever took. It didn't sugarcoat. It basically explained how most every decision ever made is based on money. Seems obvious I know but it's true. If we just accept that we are naturally all money whores and that our country is motivated by money, then at least things like why there are no more buffalo or why we needed an immigrant workforce (because we had shit to do and didn't have time to grow the work force by reproduction....so we brought over and fu#$ed over the Irish, the Scandinavian, the Chinese and obviously African Slave labor).

Anyway, this new propaganda movement reminds me of the Daughters of the Confederacy movement 100 years ago.

How can we become great if we won't understand how we got where we are??

Okay this was kind of a detour. My bad.

I never think I am #1 unless I was one of the founding members of the company. Otherwise, you are only the guardian/protector of its hegemony. Trying to keep the ball moving forward.

But as I mentioned before, people like to beat their chest when they barely contributed to the position of unearned entitlement. Only fooling yourself.
It really irks me when I see these people.

That's why I prefer startups or #2 or #3 positioned companies. You are constantly in the fight. the aggressor rather than dealing with those unearned entitled fools.
Thus my natural sense of modesty. ;)

Reactions: TommyCracker
According to Worldometer's numbers, our seven-day average of new cases yesterday was about 163,000, down 36 percent from the average on January 11 but still 4 times the level in mid-September. The seven-day average of daily deaths was about 3300, down a bit from the peak of more than 3400 on Jan 16th and nearly 5 times the average in mid-October.

Reactions: Cortez88
ADVERTISEMENT