ADVERTISEMENT

Cool Marching Hundred video from the 80s

I had forgotten they used to sit in the end zone. The place sure looks different now.

My sophomore year. What a difference now vs. then...the stadium and my waist line.

Prior to the addition of the NEZ, the look and feel of Memorial Stadium was uninspiring, to say the least. The NEZ changed that completely. I wish they had stuck with the Gothic look with the SEZ, but I won't complain. Now all they need to do is address the ticky tack looking press box and suites, and we'll have a stadium worthy of a nationally prominent program.

Prior to the addition of the NEZ, the look and feel of Memorial Stadium was uninspiring, to say the least. The NEZ changed that completely. I wish they had stuck with the Gothic look with the SEZ, but I won't complain. Now all they need to do is address the ticky tack looking press box and suites, and we'll have a stadium worthy of a nationally prominent program.

Add an upper section, dual-use, group of suites as an addition to the top of the east stands -thus bringing it even to the height of the west stands..., - while expanding the west side press box and adding a symmetrical east side press box (atop the aforementioned new east stands suites) and we'll have ourselves one heck of a cool Big Time stadium...

While they are at it they'll need the add lavatory facilities in as many spots as practical... (most sites would be on the lower level on both sides, it would seem).

The key to this ever being approved would be the year around dual use aspect of these additions as classrooms and mini-lecture halls...

Hope during this covid non game time that the directors have used this time to get abit more inventive with pre and especially half time shows so the fans want to come in early and don’t leave at half time. Would love a full house when the team runs out and the pregame music and showmanship and pre game experience can go along way in motivating that We have lacked in that area of song choices etc for along time. Get rid of the gimmick contest stuff. I also hope they have used this time to research and look at other schools pre game routines and have learned something. The bison running thru b town was a great pre game video and then they stopped it after a couple of years. Get some creative juice going so fans get excited to enter early. And finally whomever is in charge of cheerleader attire bring it to the now..I’ve watched for years 80 or above degree weather and they r in long sleeved sweaters. start looking at the other big ten schools attire and adjust. The improvement of this team and the rise in interest has exploded and they deserve the work of the brain trust to step up and put an inventive product of music / video/ band( the best is when they r let loose and dance around the field like the bowl game in Jacksonville) on the field to to complete a great experience

Reactions: MIS01

the NEZ and SEZ changed the "look" of the stadium, but not so much the function of it.

reality is, from a fan's perspective, it was the best stadium in the B10 the day it was built, and would still be so today absent filling in the endzones. (which i love, but would have done differently).

as for a new press box or suites, the stadium needs neither.

what it does need is looking great on game days rather than the other 358 or 359 days a yr, and that can be done much much cheaper than more capital upgrades, and will have an infinantly greater positive impact on recruiting.

I get the nostalgia but watching that video reminded me of everything that was wrong with the Indiana marching band.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT