ADVERTISEMENT

Contreras of the Cubs is on a tear!!!

Cub bats are coming alive all around. If they can make the playoffs I would not want to play them. God Cubbies!!!

I'm guessing this was posted before Edwards gave up the grand slam? I doubt the Dodgers, Nationals, Dbacks, etc are too worried about the Cubs. They just went 2-4 at home against NL playoff teams.

Reactions: crossfire74
Cub bats are coming alive all around. If they can make the playoffs I would not want to play them. God Cubbies!!!
There is a team out west that, if i were you, I would not want to play. They remind me of the Cubs last year and can hurt you in so many different ways.

Go Dodgers

No doubt they are very good. As was said above Kershaw is a big question mark. Yet if the Cubs can really get on a role I like our chances.
Kershaw will be back, no doubt about it. His injury isn't nearly as serious as it was last season and he came back then. It's a strain...not a herniated disc like last season thank gawd.

Worst case scenario....Kershaw doesn't return..Dodgers just picked up Darvish. He fills in nicely. Best bullpen in the bigs. But again, Kershaw will be back...book it.

I like the Dodgers chances better. :)

I would agree that the Nats are a tough out. Dodgers and Nats are best in the league right now. But a lot of season left.

Rockies. Meh.

Some of the personnel moves the Dodgers made had me a bit uneasy before this slide began. Some things were being tweaked that didn't need to be. Why mess with a formula that is working? The same thing happened with the Pacers in 2014.

The Cardinals have momentum and the Brewers are still 2 games back. It should be interesting

It's definitely coming down to the wire, which makes it a lot of fun.

I'm shocked it's this close. The cubs, brewers, and cardinals should be glad they're in the central and not the west or east. They'd be battling it out for the wildcard instead of the division.

I'm shocked it's this close. The cubs, brewers, and cardinals should be glad they're in the central and not the west or east. They'd be battling it out for the wildcard instead of the division.
Technically, they still are. The East is out, and the D-backs are probably in, but any of those Central teams has room to catch the Rockies.

Looks like the Cubs are getting hot at the right time of the year. Too bad my Tigers admitted defeat and traded away their best known pitcher to the Astros.

I was really pulling for the Nats. Even though Dusty "will always be part of the Dodger family,". I know he would find a way to mess it up.
It's truly amazing how bad he is come post season. Nice guy but just can't get it done.

I like your optimism by saying Dodgers in 5, but I gonna say Dodgers in 6.

I could also seeing Dodgers sweep them or being taken to a game 7. But I do think the Dodgers prevail this year and I will stick with 6.

It's truly amazing how bad he is come post season. Nice guy but just can't get it done.

I like your optimism by saying Dodgers in 5, but I gonna say Dodgers in 6.

I could also seeing Dodgers sweep them or being taken to a game 7. But I do think the Dodgers prevail this year and I will stick with 6.
After further thought, I'll also say 6. I forgot about it being a 2-3-2 format.

After further thought, I'll also say 6. I forgot about it being a 2-3-2 format.
The dumbest format that favors the "road team".. don't tell me expenses travel etc.. the are men playing a boys game.. suck it up

I should have stuck to my first thought of Dodgers in 5
I immediately thought of your prediction. Great call by you. Could have swept them but after seeing that crap line up in game 4, I know it was gonna be tough. Granderson and Utley don't need to see the field. They have been worthless offensively.

Go Dodgers!

I immediately thought of your prediction. Great call by you. Could have swept them but after seeing that crap line up in game 4, I know it was gonna be tough. Granderson and Utley don't need to see the field. They have been worthless offensively.

Go Dodgers!
I thought their game plan was brilliant. By the time the Cubs pitchers figured out the Dodgers weren't chasing, they started throwing strikes and you saw what happened in game 5. As for Granderson, he hasn't declined, he fell off the cliff. Just 2 years ago the Dodgers couldn't handle him in the playoffs.

Reactions: IU40IU
I thought their game plan was brilliant. By the time the Cubs pitchers figured out the Dodgers weren't chasing, they started throwing strikes and you saw what happened in game 5. As for Granderson, he hasn't declined, he fell off the cliff. Just 2 years ago the Dodgers couldn't handle him in the playoffs.
Absolutely agree. Roberts had a plan and it worked out beautifully.

As for Utley and Granderson, I expect more out of seasoned vets such as themselves. I'm sure their presence in the clubhouse is invaluable but their hitting it, well, atrocious.

Can't wait for Tuesday! Glad to see the AL go 7!

Now the Cubs will begin seeing how hard it is to keep a team at a high level as pitching and good young players move on. Arrieta would look great in a Cardinal uniform!

Now the Cubs will begin seeing how hard it is to keep a team at a high level as pitching and good young players move on. Arrieta would look great in a Cardinal uniform!
Last night on MLB network they were talking about moving on from Addison Russell and putting Baez at short. They would regret that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT