ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Cook... no class at all. Did you see how he ripped the MVP...

jsenleo

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2003
award away from Archie Griffin without even looking at him or acknowledging him???

What a classless slug. Plus, the smug look on his face as if to be saying, "Yeah, I am all that and more!"

<iframe src="" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

Reactions: CC Mac
He will end up as a back up in the pros. Very generic skill set on next level. His ego will take a big hit soon enough. Some desparate pro team will draft him as their savior only to see him become the next Tim Tebow or Ryan Leaf.

award away from Archie Griffin without even looking at him or acknowledging him???

What a classless slug. Plus, the smug look on his face as if to be saying, "Yeah, I am all that and more!"

<iframe src=" " width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>
Of course he is now apologizing for being an arrogant, conceited,entitled jerk. Do you think he would have apologized if he had not been called out for it? The look on his face as he grabbed the trophy tells me all I need to know about the punk. Do you think Nate Sudfeld would have acted that way??? No!

Last edited:
To me, it's much ado about nothing. His apology sounds reasonable as far as I'm concerned: “I would never, by any means, disrespect anyone, especially a man like Archie Griffin,” the first two-time Big Ten title game MVP said. “It was me caught up in the moment, trying to celebrate with my teammates. The way I grabbed the trophy, it looked very disrespectful, and I would never want to do that. “My apologies go out to Archie Griffin.”

Reactions: bettinvet
To me, it's much ado about nothing. His apology sounds reasonable as far as I'm concerned: “I would never, by any means, disrespect anyone, especially a man like Archie Griffin,” the first two-time Big Ten title game MVP said. “It was me caught up in the moment, trying to celebrate with my teammates. The way I grabbed the trophy, it looked very disrespectful, and I would never want to do that. “My apologies go out to Archie Griffin.”
All I can say is...actions speak louder than posthumous excuses.

You don't think he made that statement without being told to do you? Look at that smirk and he did not even look at Archie. There is a reason he is not a captain.

You don't think he made that statement without being told to do you? Look at that smirk and he did not even look at Archie. There is a reason he is not a captain.
He was excited and got carried away. Whether someone told him of it later or not, the fact is he apologized. It's really not a big deal at all. Funny how hypocritical some posters here can be.

He was excited and got carried away. Whether someone told him of it later or not, the fact is he apologized. It's really not a big deal at all. Funny how hypocritical some posters here can be.
Hypocritical?? Trust me I have never disrespected anyone in my life like that....never!

Hypocritical?? Trust me I have never disrespected anyone in my life like that....never!
Corrected: You have never unintentionally disrespected anyone in your life like that. And, yes, people here are being really hypocritical about this (one poster in particular). This is much ado about very, very little.

Michigan State should be stripped of the title and the Big Ten should give it to Indiana because of this!!!!!!!!!

Good God people....

Reactions: All4UIU
It was uncomfortable to watch. Did he not know that was Archie Griffin? He should have said something like: "This is a great honor to receive this award from you, Mr. Griffin, and it is a thrill to win this football game against an outstanding team like Iowa." And then answer questions. I'm sure plenty of Ohio State fans saw that unfold and will be looking forward to the game next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT