ADVERTISEMENT

Congress considers a monster spending bill

Well if you say it that way, your still wrong. (again, this was a joke). I'll agree, focusing on this one micro thing is hypocritical. My point is hypocrites are on both side, maybe different micro level things, but to think otherwise is, wrong.
But I didn't say only Republicans are hypocrites. In fact, I specifically said just the opposite. What I did say is that the topic of this thread is a uniquely Republican type of hypocrisy.

I have no doubt we could come up with some uniquely Democratic hypocrisies, if you so desired, but that doesn't invalidate what I've been saying in this thread.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Amount Added to the Debt for Each Fiscal Year Since 1960
Donald Trump (as projected in FY 2019 budget): Plans to add $8.282 trillion, a 41 percent increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget, FY 2017. If he spends as he hopes, Trump will add the second-highest dollar amount in history. More important, he will add almost as much in his first term as Obama did in two terms.

• FY 2021 - $1.119 trillion.
  • FY 2020 - $1,198 trillion.
  • FY 2019 - $1.225 trillion.
  • FY 2018 - $1.233 trillion.
Barack Obama: Added $8.588 trillion, a 74 percent increase from the $11.657 trillion debt at the end of Bush’s last budget, FY 2009.

• FY 2017 - $672 billion.
  • FY 2016 - $1.423 trillion.
  • FY 2015 - $327 billion.
  • FY 2014 - $1.086 trillion.
  • FY 2013 - $672 billion.
  • FY 2012 - $1.276 trillion.
  • FY 2011 - $1.229 trillion.
  • FY 2010 - $1.652 trillion.
  • FY 2009 - $253 billion. (Congress passed the Economic Stimulus Act, which spent $253 billion in FY 2009. This rare occurrence should be added to President Obama's contribution to the debt.)
https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-president-by-dollar-and-percent-3306296

You just made IUBBALLAWOL’s head explode. Way too much info in your post. You lost him after the first sentence.

No, that's not true...there is also disagreement on how you finance the govt spending (tax policy).

What's worse than wasteful spending? Wasteful spending that you put on a credit card. That's what this group of clowns have continually provided every time they are given power.

Who hasn't?

The Democrats do the same dumb bull shit claiming a tax on "the rich" is going to pay for their profligate spending as well. Both of them live and operate in fairy tale land. And they do this because we want them to. We don't want to pay taxes and we do not think there is anything worth cutting. We collectively get the exact government We want. That is why these budgets look pretty much the same no matter who is in charge. What is happening right now is everyone is getting what they want. More money in their pocket and all their pet projects taken care of.

There are several running around this board screaming hypocrites, of course they are. All politicians are filthy hypocrites.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
After getting a better idea of what is in this bill, I will not vote for Susan Brooks or any of my Senators should they decide to try and pass this thing.

The bill is almost a complete middle finger to someone like me and why I usually tend to vote Republican. If this is the GOP, get a rope so we can kill this party and replace it.

Any pub voting for this bill should be sent packing. It is a typical bloated Democrat spending bill. If DJT signs it send him packing as well. The Senate is full of career politicians hell bent on spending three generations of capitol all so they can stay in power/buying votes. Fire the hold damn clan if this passes. And every single Dem will vote for it. That is all the pubs need to know on just how ignorant the bill is. Flucking ridiculous.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
This is a bad bill and they should all vote against it. A yes vote is a vote for permanent trillion dollar deficits. Nobody should want that.

It's patently obvious what's happening. The GOP realizes it's up Sope Shit Creek in 2018 because of the Trump backlash and their only chance of retaining control of Congress is to give the economy a massive stimulus. So stimulus it is. Better now than when the Democrats are back in power, because then they'll have to oppose the stimulus at all costs.

The GOP has become the de facto Party of Hypocrites.

Own it, Aloha. What you believe doesn't matter. Your vote is what matters and the ensuing consequences. This is completely and utterly on your vote and your political representatives because the Democrats are not in power to obstruct a la McConnell.

After getting a better idea of what is in this bill, I will not vote for Susan Brooks or any of my Senators should they decide to try and pass this thing.

The bill is almost a complete middle finger to someone like me and why I usually tend to vote Republican. If this is the GOP, get a rope so we can kill this party and replace it.
Any pub voting for this bill should be sent packing. It is a typical bloated Democrat spending bill. If DJT signs it send him packing as well. The Senate is full of career politicians hell bent on spending three generations of capitol all so they can stay in power/buying votes. Fire the hold damn clan if this passes. And every single Dem will vote for it. That is all the pubs need to know on just how ignorant the bill is. Flucking ridiculous.

You guys crack me up. That this was coming was 1000% predictable after Trump's election.

Hell, I said as much myslef throughout 2016....that if your #1 concern was debt/deficit your best bet was to keep the status quo of GOP Congress and Dem President. They would counter-balance each other and keep things at least where they were trending from 2011-2016. The GOP could maintain in an "opposition" role, etc....but not now. Now future Congresses (likely w/ a Dem house) will be using this budget boost as the "new baseline".

Trump campaigned on 1) a yuuuge boost to defense funding and 2) not caring 1 lick about the deficit.

You are getting exactly what you voted for.

You guys crack me up. That this was coming was 1000% predictable after Trump's election.

Hell, I said as much myslef throughout 2016....that if your #1 concern was debt/deficit your best bet was to keep the status quo of GOP Congress and Dem President. They would counter-balance each other and keep things at least where they were trending from 2011-2016. The GOP could maintain in an "opposition" role, etc....but not now.

Trump campaigned on 1) a yuuuge boost to defense funding and 2) not caring 1 lick about the deficit.

Didn't Trump say, when as a candidate he was asked about him ballooning the debt, that no one knew how to leverage debt like he did? He wasn't concerned about the size at all.

Didn't Trump say, when as a candidate he was asked about him ballooning the debt, that no one knew how to leverage debt like he did? He wasn't concerned about the size at all.

The fiscal hole was already very large...it's going to be an asteroid crater once he's out of office.

The fiscal hole was already very large...it's going to be an asteroid crater once he's out of office.
It is the third classic blunder, after not getting involved in a land war in Asia and getting involved with a Sicilian when death is on the line, building guns and butter. Can't be done.

It's patently obvious what's happening. The GOP realizes it's up Sope Shit Creek in 2018 because of the Trump backlash and their only chance of retaining control of Congress is to give the economy a massive stimulus. So stimulus it is. Better now than when the Democrats are back in power, because then they'll have to oppose the stimulus at all costs.

The GOP has become the de facto Party of Hypocrites.

Own it, Aloha. What you believe doesn't matter. Your vote is what matters and the ensuing consequences. This is completely and utterly on your vote and your political representatives because the Democrats are not in power to obstruct a la McConnell.

The way the federal spending process goes....very little of the increased spending appropriated will get into the economy prior to the election to have any economic impact. It would hit more in 2019.

The way the federal spending process goes....very little of the increased spending appropriated will get into the economy prior to the election to have any economic impact. It would hit more in 2019.

Which makes it a very risky (and stupid) political maneuver.

Why does this surprise you...at all? Who didn’t see this coming?

Hell, I said as much myslef throughout 2016....that if your #1 concern was debt/deficit your best bet was to keep the status quo of GOP Congress and Dem President. They would counter-balance each other and keep things at least where they were trending from 2011-2016. The GOP could maintain in an "opposition" role, etc....but not now. Now future Congresses (likely w/ a Dem house) will be using this budget boost as the "new baseline".

It is not just the amount, it is what it is being spent on.

And no, this is not exactly what I voted for. My choice for President was New Democrat Hillary and rebranded Democrat Trump. And it is the GOP Congress that wrote this monstrosity, not the President. The President sends his wish list but Congress holds the purse strings. If this was really a Trump budget, he would be getting more than chump change for his border wall.

This is on Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of the GOP Congressional Leadership. If they are going to be damn Democrats to, then I might as well sit out or vote for the real version.

Furthermore, as someone who has abortion as one of the things they use to keep me around, funding Planned Parenthood is a slap in the face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digressions
I'm missing where this budget has anything to do with Trump. Hasn't even reached his desk yet. This is pure GOP. They can't put this on Trump.

Makes sense. I wonder how much it goes into business planning sooner.

And no, this is not exactly what I voted for. My choice for President was New Democrat Hillary and rebranded Democrat Trump. And it is the GOP Congress that wrote this monstrosity, not the President. The President sends his wish list but Congress holds the purse strings. If this was really a Trump budget, he would be getting more than chump change for his border wall.

This is on Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, and the rest of the GOP Congressional Leadership. If they are going to be damn Democrats to, then I might as well sit out or vote for the real version.

Furthermore, as someone who has abortion as one of the things they use to keep me around, funding Planned Parenthood is a slap in the face.
Planned Parenthood does much more to prevent abortion than the actual number of abortions they perform. 3% of the services they provide go toward abortions.

The Trump admin badly wanted a big DoD boost. That was priority 1A. The biggest constituency for Republicans is the Defense industry.

The Dems would go along....but only if they got something close to parity in non-Defense. The Dems have large leverage because while the GOP has control of Congress in name....they don't in practice....because they have 30 or so rabid dogs in the Freedom Caucus that won't vote for any spending bill, whatsoever, that can get 60 Senate votes.

As such, they've forced leadership to bend to Dem demands to keep the govt open, time and again.

The Trump admin badly wanted a big DoD boost. That was priority 1A. The biggest constituency for Republicans is the Defense industry.
This is what the Dems should do to the Pubs when they control Congress again. Stick it to the PUbs for their tax policies that hurt liberal states. They should craft a budget that bust military spending balls in red states.

Oh yeah...

I'm missing where this budget has anything to do with Trump. Hasn't even reached his desk yet. This is pure GOP. They can't put this on Trump.

It is pure Dem spending. More Dems will vote for it than pubs mark that down. And anyone voting for it should be voted out but as usual Dems love tax and spend so on we go.

He is gonna veto this spending bill....

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17152122/winners-losers-omnibus-congress-spending

Nope, Pelosi/Schumer rolled him. No defunding for Sanctuary cities, Planned Parenthood. Actually stuff in there that makes it illegal to build a wall in the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge and all the border funding is mainly to repair fences/build double fences. NIH funding up. Census Bureau funding up. Community Development Block Grants doubled. Pell Grants increased. TIGER funding tripled. CDC can now research gun violence. Employers can't take tips from workers.

kpnOsW7.jpg

Lots of GOP meltdowns, lol

Last edited:
You wrote: "If DJT signs it send him packing as well."

Trump said today that he would sign it, so, were you serious? Are you going to vote against Trump next time ?

Reactions: RBB89
So you’ve got a lot of people to send packing!

And you shouldn’t be surprised that he lied to you, because he’s a liar.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/23/17152122/winners-losers-omnibus-congress-spending

Nope, Pelosi/Schumer rolled him. No defunding for Sanctuary cities, Planned Parenthood. Actually stuff in there that makes it illegal to build a wall in the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge and all the border funding is mainly to repair fences/build double fences. NIH funding up. Census Bureau funding up. Community Development Block Grants doubled. Pell Grants increased. TIGER funding tripled. CDC can now research gun violence. Employers can't take tips from workers.

kpnOsW7.jpg

Lots of GOP meltdowns, lol
Sheesh. That does sound like Nancy Pelosi hacked Paul Ryan's mind.

Trump quacked about vetoing but then did what we all knew the wimp would do and signed it. Then he quacked again, “I will never sign another bill like this again.”

Hurray for the quacker.

Sure i think every single one should go but that means nothing to the left. Hell the Dems are still have orgasms over its passing. And those of you here beating your chests that conservatives are pissed are still on the wrong side of this. It is just wrong for the country. And voting in a new Democrat congress and Prez i am certain will end the spending.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Lucy01
Sure i think every single one should go but that means nothing to the left. Hell the Dems are still have orgasms over its passing. And those of you here beating your chests that conservatives are pissed are still on the wrong side of this. It is just wrong for the country. And voting in a new Democrat congress and Prez i am certain will end the spending.:rolleyes:
Wouldn’t be wasting money on a stupid wall. Wouldn’t be tanking to stock market with a stupid trade war.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT