ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Peegs!

Satchmore

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2001
Miss State's loss to Arkansas clinched it for you.

Little bit different deal than your last championship. That time you had ALL good teams, but no really outstanding ones. The key was that absolutely no one hurt you.

This year you did have a couple of bad picks (UAB and S.Hall), but you had enough oustanding picks to offset them.

TBL's teams just didn't get it done in the tournies. Nevada's loss last night was partiuclarly crippling, but there were several teams that let him down.

I don't think we've ever gone down to the last day with the title undecided. I think even the year BRS won in that wild scramble he had it won by Saturday, but I'm not sure. This was at least the 2nd closest battle for the title.

Great picks, Peegs!

it was like I posted a score in the clubhouse

and then the field failed to make a run even though they weren't far behind and had more teams yet to be eliminated. In other words with all the tourney upsets it was a good year to be ahead coming into them.

never got many close ones but down the stetch the main competition couldn't get many close ones either

TBL really had a better slate of teams IMO and CJ deserves credit for once again being close to the lead late into this deal

Comments regarding TBL and CJ

TBL was my pick to win it after things shaked out the first few weeks. At that point it appeared that he'd win it the same way you did the first time; with no bad teams.

But Clemson and Indiana St went stone cold, and in the final analysis that hurt him a lot.

CJ is to be commended for finishing high again. In year one of the roto he finished in the middle of the pack, but he's been among the leaders ever since.

He's been both cursed and blessed. He's been cursed by being close so many times. But he's been blessed by an incredible record in close games, and only having misfortune just once in the later rounds.

The only time he ever got burned in the later rounds was when he got Aggied by Tx A&M. But even that year he had great 8th and 9th round teams that offset Tx A&M's futility. I specifically recall he got 15 wins from N.Iowa in the 8th or 9th round that year.

I'll give him credit for being a little bit smarter than us for those later rounds, but he's also been incredibly lucky. Those late round teams are still a crap shoot. If he really trusted them he wouldn't be drafting them in the late rounds. Wright St this year is a perfect example of how his late round luck works.

One bad late round pick in 6 years of the roto is incredible success. It's also incredible luck.

I owe Peegs a beer

Cheers Peegs. And I think I speak for everyone when I say that we stink for not picking SIU before the middle of the 3rd round.
This post was edited on 3/16 11:19 AM by tunkif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Congrats, Peegs

Next season, I'm committing myself to really trying to win this thing. I'm going to do research, I'm going to watch early games in other conferences, and I'm going to study unbalanced schedules. No more of this "pick interesting teams" crap. I'm going to invest myself in winning the whole thing.

That's right. Next season I'll probably come in dead last. Look out, rolo!

p.s. I love this phone.

Yeah, congrats man

It was fun down the stretch (until the day Syracuse, Stanford and Iowa dropped out of their respective tournaments).

Special thanks to Stunned and I believe CJ who drafted a couple rounds for me in my absence...

Congrats to. . .

me. I'm thrilled with my 3rd place finish. Or something. I picked 3 conference winners. Yay for me.

Seriously, though -- way to go, Peegs.

Regards.

I may owe CJ an assist there

I had SIU as the top team on my board when I was ready to pick in round two but was chatting with CJ and he made the comment that SIU might still be around in round three. I thought he was crazy to think that but it gave me enough pause to go with my second choice of Wisconsin since I knew they could not last and were good luck for me when I won this last time.

I am still amazed SIU was still there in round three.

The only other big surprise to me was that New Mexico State was still there in round five. They were second in the WAC the year before and had everyone back and some good transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT