ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to the baseball team for 2nd straight NCAA appearance!

I don't really follow it, but that's an accomplishment and thought I'd read they had little hope after the B10 tourney loss.
Slotted in the Knoxville regional with the #1 overall seed...so we didn't get in by much. But, happy to see them in it and will certainly be watching.

Reactions: kkott
Yep. The true frosh pitching for them today is from my small Central IL hometown before he moved to St Louis area. I think he's 9-1 now this year. Will be interesting to see if he goes to a bigger program next year.
Well, maybe. Did you happen to see who their best hitter is and homered in this game? One of ours.

Yeah, looks like you'll be home watching too.
Possibly. Playing at League Stadium(Huntingburg). Field is very good condition. Full field tarp..very good grounds crew. AD sent email today, and said---"be prepared for a long day."--With it being Regional Final, they'll do whatever it takes to get it in....Alternative plan is Monday.

Possibly. Playing at League Stadium(Huntingburg). Field is very good condition. Full field tarp..very good grounds crew. AD sent email today, and said---"be prepared for a long day."--With it being Regional Final, they'll do whatever it takes to get it in....Alternative plan is Monday.

@ptrich does a running recap on baseball forum if you want to sneak peeks.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I've heard that over and over. Probably true. But the guys Mercer has brought in are still pretty highly regarded, no?
The Smith teams really helped the BIG get baseball going again. Still tough to recruit to a place where you have to shovel the field and play away for a month.

But yes this is not the best talent we have seen but IU is well coached and the roster has talent. They gutted it out late season and squeaked in. Great to see them upset a higher seed and they may not be done.

The Smith teams really helped the BIG get baseball going again. Still tough to recruit to a place where you have to shovel the field and play away for a month.

But yes this is not the best talent we have seen but IU is well coached and the roster has talent. They gutted it out late season and squeaked in. Great to see them upset a higher seed and they may not be done.
Seems like 80% of the team is comprised of in state kids. I think Mercer has done well at getting the very best of the "home grown" talent. Shonda Stanton has done the same with IU Softball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
IU proved it deserved the invite beating So. Miss.
Getting sent to Knoxville said they were one of the last 4 in.
Beating the Vols too will raise one eyebrows.
Both Pitching and Hitting have run hot and cold.
Let’s hope both are still hot vs. Vols.

I don't really follow it, but that's an accomplishment and thought I'd read they had little hope after the B10 tourney loss.
My son is a senior at UT and we happen to be visiting Knoxville this weekend. Tickets are 200 a piece...we will watch it on TV wearing our IU gear. Go Hoosiers!!

Game about ready to start...a definite uphill battle. Hopefully IU plays free and easy!

2 out grand slam after Foley loads the bases in the top of the 3rd.

9-0

Just the little I've seen of 6'5", 230lb Foley he tries to be a surgeon instead of a howitzer as he displayed successfully in the 1st. Got in deeper and deeper trying to touch the corners and edges.

Just the little I've seen of 6'5", 230lb Foley he tries to be a surgeon instead of a howitzer as he displayed successfully in the 1st. Got in deeper and deeper trying to touch the corners and edges.
Big arm, lots of times he has no control. He's been that way all year. He had game ERA of 40 something against Penn St this year after pitching 6 innings of 1 hit ball in the previous start.

My son is a senior at UT and we happen to be visiting Knoxville this weekend. Tickets are 200 a piece...we will watch it on TV wearing our IU gear. Go Hoosiers!!
Looked like a great crowd. Didn't know UT had such a big baseball following. Reminded me of the crowd I'd seen at Clemson. Great sport to see live in that type of environment.

Reactions: namnik and ulrey
Tell you what. I'll hold an acetylene torch over a pivot point while you hold your hand under it until the grease melts. Still got jokes?
I mean, not really into that TYPE of shit---but **** it---I'll try anything once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT