ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Indiana!! 2020 Big Ten East Champion!! nt

ESPN said that if Purdue cancels the IU game that the Big will be able to have the IU- OSU rematch . Hold on this could get really interesting . No way the Big will not find a way to get OSU in the Big championship game .

Reactions: vesuvius13
ESPN said that if Purdue cancels the IU game that the Big will be able to have the IU- OSU rematch . Hold on this could get really interesting . No way the Big will not find a way to get OSU in the Big championship game .
If another game gets cancelled there would be three teams from which to pick two for a game. Who gets to decide who plays whom? And who is left standing when the music stops?

The bad part is IU needs Penix if they are going to face OSU again.
Hmmm . . . Caleb would be back, so the running game might pick up . . . and if - IF - IU's OL can buy Tuttle some time . . .

. . . I think both IU's and OSU's defenses are better . . .

. . . maybe we could see if CTA would be willing to ask his guys whether they believe they can be OSU . . . .

Hmmm . . . Caleb would be back, so the running game might pick up . . . and if - IF - IU's OL can buy Tuttle some time . . .

. . . I think both IU's and OSU's defenses are better . . .

. . . maybe we could see if CTA would be willing to ask his guys whether they believe they can be OSU . . . .
Also remember, OSU will still be down something like 23 guys from COVID.

Reactions: BayernFan
Also remember, OSU will still be down something like 23 guys from COVID.

Would it surprise you if they COVID19 ducked us like Michigan just did to them? Wouldn't surprise me a bit...

Right now they appear to be a lock for a shot at the National Championship..., a loss to us and all that goes away... Even another tight game with us might knock them down to #5...

I just don't see the Bucks or the Big Ten going for a rematch... No upside for "The" o-h-i-o $tate...

Last edited:
Would it surprise you if they COVID19 ducked us like Michigan just did to them? Wouldn't surprise me a bit...

Right now they appear to be a lock for a shot at the National Championship..., a loss to use and all that goes away... Even another tight game with us might knock them down to #5...

I just don't see the Bucks or the Big Ten going for a rematch... No upside for "The" o-h-i-o $tate...
My sense of the BiG is that they want as much positive exposure during bowl season as they can get, partly for the money and partly to burnish the brand. So a rematch would offer no real upside for the conference . . . if IU wins, then the BiG has less of an argument to be in the play off, and if OSU wins a second time the result would reinforce the notion that the BiG is OSU and 13 average to weak others.

I'd want CTA to have this call in his hands, if possible . . . and I'd happily go with whatever he, his staff and the players decide to do. As Coach Geez (I think it was him) said, IU is playing with house money . . . I'd let the guy sitting at the table make the bets . . . .

This is all fairly confusing and certainly a very fluid situation. I originally thought we should play Ohio State for the chance to beat them and go play for the national championship BUT, I don't know.....

Being a man, I wouldn't want to back down if presented such a challenge. Tom would have to get the temperature of the team, see how they feel. I would only play them in Bloomington, no where else. Is it worth it?

Of course we'd then have to go play NW in Indy. Do you cowboy up, or ride away knowing you should get a Fiesta Bowl bid??

Not sure why people want to play OSU again. Not much upside for us. I'll take the week off and NW in championship game please. Go Hoosiers!
All upside if we win or play them closer . . . all downside if we have a lesser showing. That's why I'm for leaving this call to CTA, the staff and the players. Their season, their call . . . .

Right now they appear to be a lock for a shot at the National Championship..., a loss to use and all that goes away... Even another tight game with us might knock them down to #5...

Not only no upside for OSU....no upside for the BT as a whole. Better to have OSU in the playoffs and IU with the Cinderella story.

All upside if we win or play them closer . . . all downside if we have a lesser showing. That's why I'm for leaving this call to CTA, the staff and the players. Their season, their call . . . .

If it's left to them pride takes over....that's why playing with injury decisions aren't now left to the players.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

To a man, they would all say, "let's strap 'em on." I'd put money - yours and mine - on it.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
My sense of the BiG is that they want as much positive exposure during bowl season as they can get, partly for the money and partly to burnish the brand. So a rematch would offer no real upside for the conference . . . if IU wins, then the BiG has less of an argument to be in the play off, and if OSU wins a second time the result would reinforce the notion that the BiG is OSU and 13 average to weak others.

I'd want CTA to have this call in his hands, if possible . . . and I'd happily go with whatever he, his staff and the players decide to do. As Coach Geez (I think it was him) said, IU is playing with house money . . . I'd let the guy sitting at the table make the bets . . . .

What? The B1G has EVERY reason to want this rematch. If IU beats Ohio State, IU will be in the CFP. The only reason not having IU vs OSU is if it meant we wouldnt have a CFP team and thereby lose out on money. Realize, there are only 5 teams in contention for the 4th spot in the CFP.

Florida - Will get crushed by Bama giving them 2 losses, they are not a real contender
Cincinnati - Like all small schools, they never really have a chance unless we are talking about 2 loss teams and even then...still tough
Ohio State - If OSU beats IU, they get the 4th spot but if they lose, that is where it gets interesting...

Texas A&M - They got smashed by Alabama and did not make the SEC title game.
Indiana - If Indiana plays and beats OSU, we are in the B1G title.....if we beat NW for the B1G title then the only team we are up against for the 4th spot is A&M. They aren't in the SEC title game and got smashed by Alabama. IU would have one loss to OSU that we even revenged AND won the B1G.

So in closing, IU would be in the CFP. Gosh forbid ND beat Clemson again, IU would be the #3 seed. ha Remember, OSU will be down 5 starters this weekend so we have a real shot at a win...

Last edited:
What? The B1G has EVERY reason to want this rematch. If IU beats Ohio State, IU will be in the CFP. The only reason not having IU vs OSU is if it meant we wouldnt have a CFP team and thereby lose out on money. Realize, there are only 5 teams in contention for the 4th spot in the CFP.

Florida - Will get crushed by Bama giving them 2 losses, they are not a real contender
Cincinnati - Like all small schools, they never really have a chance unless we are talking about 2 loss teams and even then...still tough
Ohio State - If OSU beats IU, they are in.
Texas A&M - They got smashed by Alabama and did not make the SEC title game.
Indiana - If Indiana plays and beats OSU, the only team we are up against for the 4th spot is A&M. They aren't in the SEC title game and got smashed by Alabama. IU would have one loss to OSU that we even revenged AND won the B1G.

So in closing, IU would be in the CFP. Gosh forbid ND beat Clemson again, IU would be the #3 seed. ha

OSU's in anyway if they play and beat Iowa by a good margin.

OSU's in anyway if they play and beat Iowa by a good margin.
Yeah . . . I don't understand YOTHN's logic there, but then that wouldn't be a first when someone's made a valid point . . .

. . . but my sense of YOTHN's post is that he would very much like to have an IU/OSU rematch. I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure about how logical a rematch would be. That's why I'd prefer to defer to CTA, his staff and the players . . . .

Yeah . . . I don't understand YOTHN's logic there, but then that wouldn't be a first when someone's made a valid point . . .

. . . but my sense of YOTHN's post is that he would very much like to have an IU/OSU rematch. I get the sentiment, but I'm not sure about how logical a rematch would be. That's why I'd prefer to defer to CTA, his staff and the players . . . .

Just think, they are down 3 offensive lineman starters and 2 starting defenders. They couldn't stop our blitz with those 3 starters so just imagine them now?! If ever we had a shot at getting rid of all the demons and making the CFP......THIS IS IT. We need to go for it...

Just think, they are down 3 offensive lineman starters and 2 starting defenders. They couldn't stop our blitz with those 3 starters so just imagine them now?!
Yeah, I made that argument elsewhere . . . but it ain't our call. It's CTA's, the staff's and the players' call.

TMFT made some excellent points about wearing the players down playing so many tough games this season . . . two top 5, three other ranked teams plus another ranked team in the championship/crossover, plus the bowl game . . . I think it's a legitimate approach to think long-term and what's good for the program over time rather than just right now.

I know that. You know that.

But it's their call.

PS - What do you mean you'd put my money on the line?

The Capper and I had a bourbon or four last night and he knew all of this was coming and that every Hoosier was/is completely on board with an OSU rematch. So, I put all of your retirement out there.

Now, he also said the Big Ten, in its infinite nefariousness, will do anything and everything to ensure OSU the championship and its slot in the playoffs and that includes not letting Indiana near a route to the championship. So, the money is out there on a pretty safe bet - no way will it ever come down to IU having a call in this. But, if they did, every player and staff member would be beating down the door to make the game happen.

The Capper and I had a bourbon or four last night and he knew all of this was coming and that every Hoosier was/is completely on board with an OSU rematch. So, I put all of your retirement out there.

Now, he also said the Big Ten, in its infinite nefariousness, will do anything and everything to ensure OSU the championship and its slot in the playoffs and that includes not letting Indiana near a route to the championship. So, the money is out there on a pretty safe bet - no way will it ever come down to IU having a call in this. But, if they did, every player and staff member would be beating down the door to make the game happen.
Is the Capper still mowing his yard this time of year?

Do I get my money back if IU doesn't have to make this call?

There is a test . . . and the grade will count, so get this one right . . . .

Just think, they are down 3 offensive lineman starters and 2 starting defenders. They couldn't stop our blitz with those 3 starters so just imagine them now?! If ever we had a shot at getting rid of all the demons and making the CFP......THIS IS IT. We need to go for it...
Is no 75, the holding guy on all Master runs, out? That would help or if they call holding on OSU that would help too.

ADVERTISEMENT