ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Purdue on Beating ND

Yes. IU has a bigger fan base. Did that make you feel better walking out Saturday night?

My feelings about the games have nothing to do with the relative size of the fan bases. Amazing what trolls pu finally winning a quality game brings out of the woodwork.

Not me as an IU fan, you should never want them [Purdue] to win.
As an IU fan I should (probably always) want IU to win. The rest is at my option. If you live around a bunch of actually obnoxious Purdue alums I can see why you'd always want them to lose. I live out of state and have some friends who are Purdue alums.

And anyway I liked my IU experience and education and I figure Big Ten schools in general provide much that kind of experience and education. Admittedly states have gotten stupid cheap and no longer seem to care much if their citizens can get a good education at a decent price, so the educational bargain I got probably isn't available to many people now unless they get a Lot of scholarship money. Nonetheless that's behind my rooting for B1G schools.

I could go into why I want ND to lose but won't do that here now.

Th

then why did you bring it up??? You're truely a gift Court.

1. I wasn't posting about how I felt about the game. (Reading comprehension)
2. I was paying the PU team a compliment on a tremendous comeback. (Again, reading comp)

Actually you guys are the gift. How do you get that inferiority complex through the trailer door each noon?

As an IU fan I should (probably always) want IU to win. The rest is at my option. If you live around a bunch of actually obnoxious Purdue alums I can see why you'd always want them to lose. I live out of state and have some friends who are Purdue alums.

And anyway I liked my IU experience and education and I figure Big Ten schools in general provide much that kind of experience and education. Admittedly states have gotten stupid cheap and no longer seem to care much if their citizens can get a good education at a decent price, so the educational bargain I got probably isn't available to many people now unless they get a Lot of scholarship money. Nonetheless that's behind my rooting for B1G schools.

I could go into why I want ND to lose but won't do that here now.

All BIG universities are a bargain considering the cost of comparable degrees at pricier schools.

1. I wasn't posting about how I felt about the game. (Reading comprehension)
2. I was paying the PU team a compliment on a tremendous comeback. (Again, reading comp)

Actually you guys are the gift. How do you get that inferiority complex through the trailer door each noon?
IU has the highest fan/non-graduate ratio of any school in the state. You should be very proud.

IU has the highest fan/non-graduate ratio of any school in the state. You should be very proud.
Why should IU fans, administration, or otherwise care if their university, sports teams, etc. is attractive to more than just the people who spent 4-5 years there? Who in their right mind would look at that as a negative?

Last edited:
Here's a thought. I have degrees from IU and Purdue. My wife works for ND. The only people who truly deserve to be shunned are the people who root for one team's football and another's basketball. Root for the school - not the bandwagon!
Defining the acceptable conditions of the stupidity known as fandom is seriously idiot level reasoning.

Here's a thought. I have degrees from IU and Purdue. My wife works for ND. The only people who truly deserve to be shunned are the people who root for one team's football and another's basketball. Root for the school - not the bandwagon!

Reversible jacket fans are the absolute worst. The ND football/IU basketball fans are pathetic.

Reactions: nitrowars
Didn't make me any difference. I like Brey for what he does at an Elite football school...(well, at least they recruit like an Elite football school)... and I think Purdue needs to be competitive for sake of the B1G and the rivalry v/s Indiana.... IU needs Purdue to be competitive... So for me it was a toss up... Good for the winner!...

I would say ND football is larger as they have an international subway alum crowd.

As for Indiana I Have no idea what that ratio is you claim to know but it wouldn't take much to have the highest percentage among teams in this state. Butler has a non grad following in Indy but outside of that I can't image any non-grads having much interest in ISU, BSU, PU, or IUPUI.

You also miss the mark if you are referring to the CC crowd. To buy tickets you have to have some level of standing as mid to low level point members are wait listed until the other three schools return their allotment. Tickets are then distributed based on IU points. Many IU fans did not get seats.

Hope this helps.

Reversible jacket fans are the absolute worst. The ND football/IU basketball fans are pathetic.

You guys talk about this critter all the time. I have never met one.

I did meet a guy years back that was all about IU basketball. I mentioned something about Football and he says..."I'm not an IU fan, I am a Bob Knight fan". That was a shocker for me.

images

You guys talk about this critter all the time. I have never met one.

I did meet a guy years back that was all about IU basketball. I mentioned something about Football and he says..."I'm not an IU fan, I am a Bob Knight fan". That was a shocker for me.

They are definitely out there. I knew plenty that went to high school with me. One kid went to iupui, loved IU basketball and ND football, but didn't care about IU football or ND basketball.

Reactions: Boilermaker03

So does this same rationale apply for fans of pro sports teams who like teams from cities other than the one from which they are from or close to? Or a combo..they love one of their hometown teams but love the team from another sport from another city?

In the end, my point is, is who gives a chit? Like the teams you like and why worry about the so-called "rules" of fandom. It's just dumb.

So does this same rationale apply for fans of pro sports teams who like teams from cities other than the one from which they are from or close to? Or a combo..they love one of their hometown teams but love the team from another sport from another city?

In the end, my point is, is who gives a chit? Like the teams you like and why worry about the so-called "rules" of fandom. It's just dumb.
I also don't like when fans only like a team because of a player. People were bulls fans then after Jordan left they never followed the Bulls again.

I also don't like when fans only like a team because of a player. People were bulls fans then after Jordan left they never followed the Bulls again.
Well, there are a ton of fans who rooted for Bob Knight. When he left they later became Texas Tech fans. A lot of them shunned iu because of his firing.

Honestly the subway alumni crowd doesn't bother me all that much. They are not getting into the Hall much so they don't drive point values up, they don't clog the restaurants or parking in Btown.
There presence and purchases helps drive the addition of clothing and gear selection somImsuppose that is good and TV viewership obviously helps the TV contract which is good for all BIG schools.

I have not been to GBI recently. Have a bunch of IU trolls shown up after the loss like the PUers have here? If so I imagine that unlike here they get banned.

Well, admittedly I played that one rather sloppily (insert CTC joke here). My point was that a big boiler win (yuck), brings the trolls out here...much like an IU loss. But you already knew that.

Well, admittedly I played that one rather sloppily (insert CTC joke here). My point was that a big boiler win (yuck), brings the trolls out here...much like an IU loss. But you already knew that.

Got it. The haters come out on IU boards after a loss. Difference is we don't all run to GBI after a win as Roundfootball, fretter, mkpeters and others do here. I exclude choptalk and boiler 1987 as they are here consistently and are capable of reasonable discussion.

My shirt says Indiana DAD since my daughter is going to IU and I also have a degree from IU. Also nobody else would care about Purdue basketball but people who went there because they pretty much have been irrelevant on the national scene.
Ding Ding, we have a winner

You haven't been to GBI recently. You must be reporting that in minutes.

I glanced there today as a matter of fact...first time in months. Great to see you guys still discussing what matters most...IU. One quality win and you trolls slither out of the woodwork. Entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT