peegs

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Columbus, Indiana
Big South:
Charleston South at Winthrop (Rolo)

OVC:
Samford (JM) at Murray State
Morehead State at Eastern Kentucky (BRS)

Horizon:
Wisc-Milw (Satch) at UIC (HB)
Cleveland State (Rolo) at Wisc-GBay (Peegs)
Detroit (Stunned) at Youngstown St (Glor)

Obviously it's the Horizon that's the biggy

The tournies are a double whammy. If you win you get to keep playing, and the player you beat has a team killed.

I just noticed something I don't like about the WAC tourney. Boise has to play their last game at Hawaii before the tournament starts. They could have trouble with jet lag as the tourney starts.

Not that it matters much, but I need to check to see what's the deal with SMU. CUSA used to not allow the 2 worst teams in the tourney, and SMU clinched next to last.

You may be out of the Big East tourney with Seton Hall. Bottom 4 teams don't get to play.

SMU in, Seton Hall probably out

I couldn't find the specific say-so, but I checked CUSA's website. They're playing 4 games each on the first 2 days of the tournament. The math of means that all CUSA teams are in. I think CUSA used to have 14 teams, and that's when they didn't allow a couple teams. I also read that SMU has had a couple of key injuries and are down to 7 scholarship players. The 2 injuries were both to big guys. So it's bad enough that thy're lousy but they've been beat up too.

Seton Hall is almost dead. They need to finish 12th and 13th is the most likely best. I think they can still tie for 12th if they win both and the team ahead of them loses both; not likely.

It'll be a small victory for me if S.Car finishes with more wins than S.Hall, considering I struggled deciding between the 2. And early in the year S.Hall looked like a much better pick than S.Car.

Az St/Rolo is also out of the PAC 10 tourney. I think everyone else will be cleared to play in the tournies.

you are right about Seton Hall

they don't get the chance to play in the Big East tourney

another reason to avoid looking to pick a Big East team in the last round next year. Two years in a row I have made the wrong call on a Seton Hall - St. John's decision

need the Hall to win tonight at Cincinnati but I doubt they do. Cincy should be really up for the game since it is there last one at home and they certainly aren't looking at any post-season play either

Seton Hall does have a mathematical chance

They need to win at Cincy and Louiville, then have St.John's lose at home to Providence. Since Seton Hall beat St.John's they'd get in.

But the real long shot there is at Louisville. The way Louisville and Seton Hall are going right now, that seems remote.

I didn't even consider the bottom 4 teams not being allowed to play in the Big East tourney at draft time. In fact I was way too lazy investigating the Big East altogether. The Big East was kind of a headache to figure with all the imbalanced schedules. But I wish I had done a little more research.

I could have grabbed G'town instead of Dayton. I think G'town had an early bad home against Oregon that soured me on them.

I was lazy about that too

to my credit I did take the Horizon's weird format into consideration when passing on Butler in the first and then looking for a late round Horizon team.

Teh Big East is so messy with 16 teams. Right now it is looking like a good place to go in rounds 7-8 versus the round 10 strategy I have employed the last two rotos.

If Seton Hall can eke out one more win tonight for me I won't sweat that pick too much since that will pull them even with TBL's Indiana State pick.

Yes. Even 7-8 is a little late on the Big East.

CJ and Terry did well with 8th and 9th round teams from the Big East, but they could have been burned. DePaul had some real nightmare early games and W.Va replaced most of their players. I think you're a little safer if you go 6th round there.

I had G'town on my short list at the 5-6 turn, but Rum got them just 2 picks ahead of me. G'town actually looked kind of shakey at draft time but turned out great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT