6. Northwestern (2-2)
6. Penn State (2-2)
6. Rutgers (2-2)
9. Iowa (1-2)
10. Illinois (1-3)
10. Maryland (1-3)
10. Minnesota (1-3)
10. Purdue (1-3)

I've seen four polls so far, and it seems like there are five or six of them for college baseball, and IU is ranked 14th in the Perfect Game poll which is where they were at in the preseason poll. IU was not ranked in the D1Baseball, Baseball America, and College Baseball Newspaper polls. Michigan seems to get the most love out of the B1G, being ranked in three of those four polls, while OSU, like IU, was ranked in the Perfect Game poll. D1Baseball does not have a B1G team in their rankings. I haven't seen the coaches poll yet, but they always seemed to "lowball" IU in past season polls with IU ranking higher in other polls at the time.

Here's the Perfect Game Poll:

College Top 25: March 8 | Perfect Game USA

IU not only wasn't in the coaches poll that came out today, but they didn't even get a single vote in the "others receiving votes." The B1G had no teams in the poll, but both Michigan and OSU received some votes, however, they were well down on that list. A couple of voters seemed to like Ball State which is 6-4 and received two votes. This may be a case of the B1G not having much exposure right now since they just started the season.

USA Today Baseball Coaches Poll - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Reactions: hookyIU1990
IU not only wasn't in the coaches poll that came out today, but they didn't even get a single vote in the "others receiving votes." The B1G had no teams in the poll, but both Michigan and OSU received some votes, however, they were well down on that list. A couple of voters seemed to like Ball State which is 6-4 and received two votes. This may be a case of the B1G not having much exposure right now since they just started the season.

USA Today Baseball Coaches Poll - The San Diego Union-Tribune

The B1G certainly lacks exposure now.

Ball State went west and split a 4 game set with Arizona and just 2 out of 3 from UK in Lexington.

Pollsters don’t know what to do with B1G teams this year. Non conference games not available. I’m guessing B1G teams will get in later w good record. No facts just a hunch. Go Hoosiers!

Liked where p u was in the big!
I thought I would add that former Hoosier Justin Walker Jr is the starting SS for Purdue. As we all know, he is from Lafayette and his dad played for the Boilers, so I guess he decided he wanted to go home.

I thought I would add that former Hoosier Justin Walker Jr is the starting SS for Purdue. As we all know, he is from Lafayette and his dad played for the Boilers, so I guess he decided he wanted to go home.
I hated that he transferred, but completely understood it. Good glove, pretty weak bat. We've got good replacements.

Reactions: indiana ed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT