ADVERTISEMENT

Completely Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, in the old days, we used to say “wait until basketball season.”

Well, folks, that well has run dry now. We are a middle of the pack Big Ten team in basketball. Basically a mediocre, run-of-the mill group who will get run out of the gym this year and likely won’t make the tourney. We stink in football and basketball cannot bail us out anymore. It’s a mom and pop operation at IU.
please just go away. you're killing my buzz

Excuses. What’s the next one? I just heard it the other day on one of these forums: “ Oh....we are saving ourselves for March.”

Good effing grief!
The football program is MAC-level.
The basketball program is on a downward trajectory. Archie’s teams are sloppy, sloppy and more sloppy. A bunch of talent he cannot coach. The sign of a good coach is coaching up the guys he inherited. Big fail last year and big fail right now.

The whole school is a MAC school pretending to be in the Big Ten.

Big fail for what? Losing @ Arkansas?

Why don't you let them actually play the season? Better yet, go find a new school you miserable assbag.

Reactions: coachv jr
Knight never missed the tourney in that time period. Better pick up the pace.
Those first round exits were really friggin' impressive, as is going 18-11! The only reason IU made the NCAA's from '94 on was because of RMK's past. RMK ceased to be anything special after '94, and it appears you didn't know this.

Unfortunately, in the old days, we used to say “wait until basketball season.”

Well, folks, that well has run dry now. We are a middle of the pack Big Ten team in basketball. Basically a mediocre, run-of-the mill group who will get run out of the gym this year and likely won’t make the tourney. We stink in football and basketball cannot bail us out anymore. It’s a mom and pop operation at IU.
The team last year was picked to finish no higher than 9th and some lower and finished 6th so Archie had them better than predicted. Also we area tip away from being 6-0 with half the team injured. Might want to stick with football because you are clueless with basketball.

If you are going to get mad, at least direct it toward IU’s MAC-level sports teams. Stop with the excuses. Crean’s leftovers? This year he has HIS guys and they are as sloppy and out of control. Archie looks as clueless as Allen. I get that you are on the Archie hype train but he was a bad hire. On paper...great. Team chemistry and motivation, he’s just not cutting it. There are 8-9 Big Ten teams that would kill us right now. Get to your GP right now for some antidepressants because this basketball program will have you in a fetal position come February.
IU finished 15th in the country on the Capital One challenge for men's sports so they are not really as bad as you say.

Those first round exits were really friggin' impressive, as is going 18-11! The only reason IU made the NCAA's from '94 on was because of RMK's past. RMK ceased to be anything special after '94, and it appears you didn't know this.
You were 5 years old in 1994. And those 6 “down” years at the end were nothing compared to the last 16 we’ve experienced. We were at least competitive. Top 3 three times in the Big Ten and never worse than 6th. It wasn’t up to RMK standards but it also wasn’t modern day IUBB.

You're a full blown moron. IUBB has lost one game, by 1 point to date..and half the damn roster is injured.
This guy has no clue and to think Archie was totally unproven shows how clueless he is. For someone to take Dayton to the elite is doing pretty well if you asked me. Another year he was down to 7 players with no player taller than 6'6 and still made the tournament. He was not my first choice when we had the opening but he is not unproven and has done a fine job so far.

You were 5 years old in 1994. And those 6 “down” years at the end were nothing compared to the last 16 we’ve experienced. We were at least competitive. Top 3 three times in the Big Ten and never worse than 6th. It was RMK standards but it also wasn’t modern day IUBB.
Are you really saying that from '94 on were the good old days, losing double digit games and first round NCAA exits? The years Crean went to the Sweet 16 and won the Big 10 were better than '94 on! RMK didn't do diddly poo at Tech, either. You really have lost your mind. Go start up a fire Archie post on the b-ball board or something.

Excuses. What’s the next one? I just heard it the other day on one of these forums: “ Oh....we are saving ourselves for March.”

Good effing grief!
The basketball program is on a downward trajectory. Archie’s teams are sloppy, sloppy and more sloppy. A bunch of talent he cannot coach. The sign of a good coach is coaching up the guys he inherited. Big fail last year and big fail right now.

If you are that unhapy with the program then why not do yourself a favor and find something else to do with your free time.

Reactions: coachv jr

Good effing grief!

How in the world was last year big failure since were picked no higher than 9th and finished 6th. You are a total idiot you has no clue about sports especially basketball.

Hey dicks...

Go argue basketball with those that care.

Until football is a priority here, you simpletons are holding us back.
This stupid theory that basketball has hurt the football program is so ridiculous. At least basketball has won something in my lifetime and could be proud. This state is a basketball state and it will always be that way because people enjoy the game of basketball better than football. Why not look at yourselves in the mirror because the football only fans are what hurts the sports programs because you should root for every sport that has IU on the front of their chest. Why don't you guys realize that some of the problem with IU football is that the stadium is half empty for most of the games and players will not want to go their so stop trying to blame everyone else but yourselves.

I’m not anti-Archie at this point yet at all, but ungrateful, POS fans like you deserve the mediocrity of the past 16 years.

Reactions: fpeaugh
You guys and these clownish excuses for poor play. Arkansas is not good. IU is just worse, followed up by crapfests at home. IU has the mentality of a small-time MAC school in all it does. It’s amateur hour and lucky to be allowed in the Big Ten.
And, the worst thing is that you( yes -posters like YOU) tolerate it. You think the level of sports at IU is acceptable?

You need to visit some P5 schools that have a clue how to demand excellence in both programs.
How is missing 5 and 6 players each game an excuse because it is a fact. We are 5-1 with all of those injuries and a tip in from being 6-0 yet you are still bitching. I feel sorry for some of you that can only see the negative and never can see any positive because you have to be miserable to be around.

Are you really saying that from '94 on were the good old days, losing double digit games and first round NCAA exits? The years Crean went to the Sweet 16 and won the Big 10 were better than '94 on! RMK didn't do diddly poo at Tech, either. You really have lost your mind. Go start up a fire Archie post on the b-ball board or something.

They sure as hell look like the good ol’ days now, hoss. Sorry to break it to you.

I’m not anti-Archie at this point yet at all, but ungrateful, POS fans like you deserve the mediocrity of the past 16 years.
What is so funny is that for the last 9 years all we heard was all that we needed was to make a coaching change, 1 year in people are already complaining about accepting mediocrity right after we fired a coach and brought in a new one. So our programs should just fire the coach every two years until someone wins the championship in their first year. How has making coaching changes in football and basketball worked out in the last 25 years for IU.

What is so fun is that for the last 9 years all we heard was all that we needed was to make a coaching change, 1 year in people are already complaining about accepting mediocrity right after we fired a coach and brought in a new one. So our programs should just fire the coach every two years until someone wins the championship in their first year. How has making coaching changes in football and basketball worked out in the last 25 years for IU.

It's really only one mentally ill poster, that I've seen.

Basketball is a shell of its former self in this conference. Nobody fears Indiana. And, yet, you talk like it’s done something in the last 10 years.
IU basketball has the same acceptable play and excuse play as football.
I hope you are not like this is your life because people must be miserable being around you. I would say that winning 2 conference titles and going to 3 sweet 16's was better than the last 6 years of RMK. We are just starting year 2 of this era so why not wait awhile until you make a judgement on the hire. Duke was lucky to not have fans like you because you would have ran out Coach K after year 3 of not making the tournament.

Basketball should never be the focal point. Your big, I mean really big sports programs are all football programs first. It's TERRIBLE, capital T, Terrible, being such a basketball minded institution.

It should be the focus in late winter and March, nothing more.

Reactions: IUgradman
RMK wasn't anything special at the end: don't shoot the messenger. And, that wasn't my fault, but RMK's fault. RMK was more concerned with fishing, hunting, and making IU look bad on a national level: squint and it is just like going undefeated in '76, right?

Archie has coached for a whole 1.1 years, and you can somehow judge him as the same as RMK from '94 on? F you. IU goes out and makes a good basketball hire, and people still piss and moan and won't give him a chance.

He is 13-12 in two years and Allen is 10-14 so that is not a great disparity. Some of you act like he is the Next Bear Bryant and had all of this big time success but he had to win his last game the last 2 years to get to a bowl game.
Brohm 2 Allen 0
Allen inherited a better football team than Brohm and lost to him each season.
You go cheap and hire an Assistant Coach and you can't expect good results, that results to not caring about the football program.

Basketball should never be the focal point. Your big, I mean really big sports programs are all football programs first. It's TERRIBLE, capital T, Terrible, being such a basketball minded institution.

Ask UK, Duke UNC and KU about being a basketball school because it has not hurt their athletic department What is wrong for basketball being the focal point in the state of Indiana where basketball is king. We should at least be good at one and football will never be a title contender unlike basketball. The ceiling for this program is probably no better than 9 wins and asking a descent bowl game. Football will never be in contention for a national championship so why not concentrate for a team that can actually compete for a championship.

LOL. That's nice and all, but that's not reality, nor will it ever be in our lifetimes.

IU is second fiddle to Purdue and Butler in basketball in our own state. Let that sink in.
So much for being a “basketball school.” Mediocre in both but that’s what we get for a history of bad decisions at the top.

That's completely false. That's like saying UT Football is 2nd fiddle to to A&M and Baylor.

LOL. That's nice and all, but that's not reality, nor will it ever be in our lifetimes.
You do realize Indiana is a Basketball State.
It will never be a football state.
But that doesn't mean IU can't hire a Football Head Coach that can change the trajectory of the program that is one of the worst Power 5 Conference Football Programs in college football history.
Soccer has 8 Championships.
Basketball has 5 Championships.
Football goes cheap and hires an Assistant Coach from within. You get what you pay for.

That's completely false.
If the basketball is so irrelevant then why does ESPN and the other national channels put us on as much as any team in the country. Also if we are so irrelevant then why do we get matched up with Duke or UNC every year in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. It is because they no we are still a national draw who people care about seeing and who will get good ratings unlike PU.

Basketball is weak sauce, I like it in March but iu takes it way too far. They haven't even won a title in 30 plus years. Damn. It's been awful on the football program.

You do realize Indiana is a Basketball State.
It will never be a football state.
But that doesn't mean IU can't hire a Football Head Coach that can change the trajectory of the program that is one of the worst Power 5 Conference Football Programs in college football history.
Soccer has 8 Championships.
Basketball has 5 Championships.
Football goes cheap and hires an Assistant Coach from within. You get what you pay for.

Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT