ADVERTISEMENT

Completely Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is 13-12 in two years and Allen is 10-14 so that is not a great disparity. Some of you act like he is the Next Bear Bryant and had all of this big time success but he had to win his last game the last 2 years to get to a bowl game.
That is precisely my point and they had the best player on the field today in Rondale Moore and he was the difference today.

So you can’t come up with one school? I said the two combined are the worst. Usually schools are at least good at one or the other.

Rutgers, for one. Didn't even have to leave our division to find one. They have 5 football bowl appearances in the last 10 seasons (counting this one), and their basketball team hasn't even made the NIT.

Even by the arbitrary line and standards you chose, we're better than them. There are probably a few others in conferences I don't follow closely. Big surprise, your outlandish statement doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Again.

You’ll come around to see the small time operation Fred is running here. Two bad hires. They need to clean house. Fred included. Awful mismanagement of a P5 program. New blood needed all around. No meaningless slogans or stupid PR. Get coaches in here that know what they are doing.

Listening to the post game call in show and they said this last 4 years has been one of the most successful 4 year stint in IU history. 2 6-7 seasons and 2 5-7 seasons is one of the most successful stints is a sad commentary on the history of IU football. Also off the top of my head some of the worse programs in the power 5 conference I would think Oregon St. and Washington St would be up there as well as Rutgers. Also if you look at the entire sports programs at IU they finished in the top 15 in the Capital one cup last year in men's sports.

I'm hoping you don't see 2-7, 2-7 as a positive? Not clear from your post.

We suck.

2-7, 2-7 under Allen.

Two straight Bucket losses.

What's the brightside? What's the reason to think this staff has anything to offer?

I'm hoping you don't see 2-7, 2-7 as a positive? Not clear from your post.

We suck.

2-7, 2-7 under Allen.

Two straight Bucket losses.

What's the brightside? What's the reason to think this staff has anything to offer?
I was going overall record because IU will always have a losing record in conference. We pretty much have 4 automatic losses in OSU, UM, PSU and most years MSU so we have to do well in the non conference.

Michigan State has five losses and Penn State is nothing special this year either. Those were winnable games that IU flat blew.

Not a great disparity???

Brohm has now been to 2 straight bowl games, Allen has been to 0. He’s already won a bowl game. Something we haven’t done since 1991.

Brohm beat 3 ranked teams this year. When’s the last time we beat 1?

He beat OSU 49-20. We haven’t beat them in 23 years.

He has the 23rd ranked recruiting class. Allen’s is 45th

Oh and then there’s the two Bucket games.

And Allen took over while his program was near its lowest point in history while Allen took over a program at its highest level in 25 years.

Not a great disparity Scott?
Yes 13 from 10 is not that great and he also lost at home to EMU. Not saying I want Allen over Brohm but he did have to win his last game just to get to those bowls. Also 247 sports have IU ranked 41st I the country in recruiting.

You know every week people come on and bad mouth Coach Debord but I never hear anyone make any legitimate crtitcsm. I hear well they should line up and run the i and just hand off every play like Iowa or Wisconsin even though we don’t have same personnel. Or else we should go to the triple option without an quarterback. Or we don’t throw the ball downfield enough. Or last they will pick out 2 or 3 plays during the game that did not work and rip for the calls.

Please go boost and support a MAC school...something you're more comfortable with.
Whatever because I have watched IU football for over 40 years and it has been the same song and dance for all but 7 seasons. For IU to be successful they need to run their program like Iowa and UW and turn their program to a smash mouth running team with a stout defense. It would take a few years to get those type of players but to me this spread up tempo offense is not the answer.

So you think IU in our lifetime could ever be a spot where they could actually compete for the big ten east division because if you do I have some ocean front property to sell you here in Indiana.

Not a great disparity???

Brohm has now been to 2 straight bowl games, Allen has been to 0. He’s already won a bowl game. Something we haven’t done since 1991.

Brohm beat 3 ranked teams this year. When’s the last time we beat 1?

He beat OSU 49-20. We haven’t beat them in 23 years.

He has the 23rd ranked recruiting class. Allen’s is 45th

Oh and then there’s the two Bucket games.

And Allen took over while his program was near its lowest point in history while Allen took over a program at its highest level in 25 years.

Not a great disparity Scott?
How about if you are good enough to beat Ohio State by 30 how do you explain losing at home to EMU?

How about if you are good enough to beat Ohio State by 30 how do you explain losing at home to EMU?

??

They just beat us...at home...again.

Would be great to have a staff that could beat OSU and Iowa...and Purdue...to get to a bowl.

How many more years do we have to get our asses kicked before we realize this ain't the right path?

I predicted 5-7 before the season and that is where we will end about every year no matter who is the coach.
So what you’re saying is 5-7 is a pretty safe bet. Congratulations on your keen insight before the season. The good news is you’re astute at analysing the team’s strengths and weaknesses relative to our opposition. The bad news is we finished 5-7 with no bowl bid. Now we can concentrate on basketball without the distraction of that other sport.

Unfortunately, in the old days, we used to say “wait until basketball season.”

Well, folks, that well has run dry now. We are a middle of the pack Big Ten team in basketball. Basically a mediocre, run-of-the mill group who will get run out of the gym this year and likely won’t make the tourney. We stink in football and basketball cannot bail us out anymore. It’s a mom and pop operation at IU.

Completely 100%. Didn't know how bad it was.

Reactions: IUgradman

Well, folks, that well has run dry now. We are a middle of the pack Big Ten team in basketball. Basically a mediocre, run-of-the mill group who will get run out of the gym this year and likely won’t make the tourney. We stink in football and basketball cannot bail us out anymore. It’s a mom and pop operation at IU.
IU was a middle of the pack Big 10 team last year with Crean's leftovers. Jesus, you are a sorry SOB about IU basketball. If you aren't going give Archie more than 1.1 years, then F off.

Reactions: coachv jr
I'm not gonna jump on board with anyone calling for Coach Allen to be fired at the end of year two. However, I will give you credit for calling the 5 win season very early in the year. I totally drank the koolaid and thought IU could win 7 or 8.
Pathetic. Any Major University that goes cheap and hires an Assistant instead of Brohm or Fleck or another proven winner or rising star young coach, gets what they pay for and deserve this no bowl season again under Allen. Is it a 3 year or 4 year contract? Go Big or go home. Go cheap, and expect nothing in return.

Pathetic. Any Major University that goes cheap and hires an Assistant instead of Brohm or Fleck or another proven winner or rising star young coach, gets what they pay for and deserve this no bowl season again under Allen. Is it a 3 year or 4 year contract? Go Big or go home. Go cheap, and expect nothing in return.
Another unproven guy but because we did not hire he is the next Nick Saban

If you are going to get mad, at least direct it toward IU’s MAC-level sports teams. Stop with the excuses. Crean’s leftovers? This year he has HIS guys and they are as sloppy and out of control. Archie looks as clueless as Allen. I get that you are on the Archie hype train but he was a bad hire. On paper...great. Team chemistry and motivation, he’s just not cutting it. There are 8-9 Big Ten teams that would kill us right now. Get to your GP right now for some antidepressants because this basketball program will have you in a fetal position come February.
It has been 1.1 years, and they are 5-1! The Marquette game was a thing of beauty. The end of the game last night was a thing of beauty. If this team can do that consistently on offense and defense, then not too many teams are going to beat IU. Not making excuses, but injuries, freshman, and the fact that it's the start of a new year are factors.

I know what I'm looking at, and you don't. If you are going to judge Archie on anything that happened last year, then you really don't know what you're looking at. You are a sorry ass fan.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
If you are going to get mad, at least direct it toward IU’s MAC-level sports teams. Stop with the excuses. Crean’s leftovers? This year he has HIS guys and they are as sloppy and out of control. Archie looks as clueless as Allen. I get that you are on the Archie hype train but he was a bad hire. On paper...great. Team chemistry and motivation, he’s just not cutting it. There are 8-9 Big Ten teams that would kill us right now. Get to your GP right now for some antidepressants because this basketball program will have you in a fetal position come February.

You're a full blown moron. IUBB has lost one game, by 1 point to date..and half the damn roster is injured.

How can any real fan support this? There’s no reason we can’t and shouldn’t at least be in the same position as Purdue.

Is anyone going to still tell me Allen is better than Brohm?

Right when things are trending up a couple years ago we pull this. It could only happen at IU.
sure would love to have wilson back

Reactions: fpeaugh
How can any real fan support this? There’s no reason we can’t and shouldn’t at least be in the same position as Purdue.

Is anyone going to still tell me Allen is better than Brohm?

Right when things are trending up a couple years ago we pull this. It could only happen at IU.
Thank you Vice President Fred Glass. Need to rename the
school Fred Glass University.

Come back with this post after Archie and squad get run out of the gym by half the conference. His team looks bad right now. Poorly coached and sloppy. This will go down as another awful year in the two major men’s sports.
perhaps you would like to explain to us in detail how iu is poorly coached by miller. besides coaching the players not to get injured

Kansas hiring Les Miles is joke... he will be gone in 2 to 3 years tops. Louisville had their first losing season under Petrino and now hiring a coach who has 3 Moore wins than Tom Allen in a weaker division. How about you let one of Allen’s recruiting classes get to be upperclassmen?
i am with you on letting allen coach his recruits. however, i am tired if 3 yard passes when we need 10 yards or more for a first down. allen needs to hire a new o.c. or go down with the ship

Reactions: indy1203

Sadly, you might be on to something there. I made the most of the Knight years. My junior year at IU was his first season. I was there for him at his Farewell Speech in Dunn Meadow. It ain’t the same now, but still fun to watch, just not as much.

Sadly, you might be on to something there. I made the most of the Knight years. My junior year at IU was his first season. I was there for him at his Farewell Speech in Dunn Meadow. It ain’t the same now, but still fun to watch, just not as much.
Shouldn't take much for Archie to top Knight's record from '94 on. Hell, if he actually recruits instead of hunting or fishing, he will top it.

Reactions: coachv jr
You’ll come around to see the small time operation Fred is running here. Two bad hires. They need to clean house. Fred included. Awful mismanagement of a P5 program. New blood needed all around. No meaningless slogans or stupid PR. Get coaches in here that know what they are doing.
i cannot believe the likes this comment is getting. so much for indiana having knowledgeable basketball fans. when crean was coach, i would go into great detail from an x's and o's standpoint on what he was coaching incorrectly. miller knows what he is doing. people calling for his ouster already need to seek therapy. you know what they say: 1 in 5 people have psychological disorders. we are seeing the head count in this forum

Last edited:
I'm not gonna jump on board with anyone calling for Coach Allen to be fired at the end of year two. However, I will give you credit for calling the 5 win season very early in the year. I totally drank the koolaid and thought IU could win 7 or 8.

Unprepared. Has talent. Will underachieve. Sloppy play. Undisciplined. Love he cut the turnovers down by 2 last game. DWS.
Two coaches in over their head leading the two big programs.[/QUOTE
Unprepared. Has talent. Will underachieve. Sloppy play. Undisciplined. Love he cut the turnovers down by 2 last game. DWS.
Two coaches in over their head leading the two big programs.
you are in over your head simply discussing basketball

Was ridiculous thing to do and definitely killed momentum but to blame on coach is ridiculous.
not really. head coach has plenty of opportunity to put his stamp on the program. stuff like that has, or should have been addressed long ago. punish hard the first time and in crucial times late in the season you won't have to worry about it.

Listening to the post game call in show and they said this last 4 years has been one of the most successful 4 year stint in IU history. 2 6-7 seasons and 2 5-7 seasons is one of the most successful stints is a sad commentary on the history of IU football. Also off the top of my head some of the worse programs in the power 5 conference I would think Oregon St. and Washington St would be up there as well as Rutgers. Also if you look at the entire sports programs at IU they finished in the top 15 in the Capital one cup last year in men's sports.
wash st? uhhhh nope

Excuses. What’s the next one? I just heard it the other day on one of these forums: “ Oh....we are saving ourselves for March.”

Good effing grief!
The football program is MAC-level.
The basketball program is on a downward trajectory. Archie’s teams are sloppy, sloppy and more sloppy. A bunch of talent he cannot coach. The sign of a good coach is coaching up the guys he inherited. Big fail last year and big fail right now.

The whole school is a MAC school pretending to be in the Big Ten.

Exactly. IU refuses to do what is necessary to compete at the major college level. If that is what they want to do, so be it, but at least be honest with the fans about what the expectations should be.

Allen is the guy believe me. He just has to get the right Co ordinater on offense and step back from the D
he has to step back from the defense? but that is his forte and got him his head coaching opportunity. we witnessed his skill there

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT