ADVERTISEMENT

Completely Unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
How can any real fan support this? There’s no reason we can’t and shouldn’t at least be in the same position as Purdue.

Is anyone going to still tell me Allen is better than Brohm?

Right when things are trending up a couple years ago we pull this. It could only happen at IU.

How can any real fan support this? There’s no reason we can’t and shouldn’t at least be in the same position as Purdue.

Right when things are trending up a couple years ago we pull this. It could only happen at IU.

I'm not gonna jump on board with anyone calling for Coach Allen to be fired at the end of year two. However, I will give you credit for calling the 5 win season very early in the year. I totally drank the koolaid and thought IU could win 7 or 8.

Reactions: IUgradman

Fortunately very few if any ever said TA is better than Brohm

After Brohm leaves for Louisville, PU should hire Brad Stevens.

I'm not gonna jump on board with anyone calling for Coach Allen to be fired at the end of year two. However, I will give you credit for calling the 5 win season very early in the year. I totally drank the koolaid and thought IU could win 7 or 8.
I predicted 5-7 before the season and that is where we will end about every year no matter who is the coach.

Regardless of anything else going on with iu sports, you are a complete d-bag and I pray every night that you stop following iu and leave us all in peace.

Regardless of anything else going on with iu sports, you are a complete d-bag and I pray every night that you stop following iu and leave us all in peace.
I simply want IU to be good in basketball and football. Or at least one or the other. I had season tickets to both for over 40 years.

We have been the worst power 5 school in those two sports combined for the last decade. Why not be upset by that? We have the same AD and same problems and everyone wants to ignore it. Should we at least not be mediocre?

Reactions: IUgradman
I simply want IU to be good in basketball and football. Or at least one or the other. I had season tickets to both for over 40 years.

We have been the worst power 5 school in those two sports combined for the last decade. Why not be upset by that? We have the same AD and same problems and everyone wants to ignore it. Should we at least not be mediocre?
That is a pretty big exaggeration and over the top. Not sticking up for Crean, but IU was the overall #1 seed in the 2013 NCAA's: that isn't the worst power 5 school. Crean was mediocre overall, but far from the worst. You already started talking s*** about Archie, and he has been coach for like 1.1 years. Archie was a good hire, and Brad didn't want to come here: what in the hell else do you want from Glass regarding the b-ball head coaching search?

Your reaction is "fire the coach" no matter what, which is ignorant. Is Allen meeting expectations? So far, no. If there isn't some real improvement next year, he will probably be gone. Coaches will sink or swim regardless of your opinion, and even your crystal ball coaching picks aren't guaranteed.

Reactions: coachv jr and IUCol
In the last 10 years our basketball team has made the NCAA tournament four times. Four.

Our football team has been to two bowl games and won zero.

Please find me a school with less than 6 total postseasons combined in the last 10 years in their two main revenue sports. I’m not aware of any.
IU basketball is not at the bottom of the power 5 schools. Sure, IU football hasn't done very well. But, to say that IU basketball and IU football are the same is just f****** stupid, as is calling for Archie's head after 1.1 years.

Go give Stevens a boombox serenade: he's already said no, but knock yourself out. Maybe Glass should go ask Donovan if he was sure when he turned IU down.

Did you witness the throat-slash penalty? I was on the fence before, but not after that. Allen has to go ASAP.

Last edited:
Come back with this post after Archie and squad get run out of the gym by half the conference. His team looks bad right now. Poorly coached and sloppy. This will go down as another awful year in the two major men’s sports.
You're right: we should just call the season right now and fire Archie after 1.1 years. Should we go ask Donovan and Brad if they will reconsider? They went undefeated every year and always peaked at the very beginning of the year.

The three football programs are bad. Let’s see if that changes with KU’s hire of Miles, LOU’s eventual hire of Brohm, and us...I’ll get back to you on that one. :D
Kansas hiring Les Miles is joke... he will be gone in 2 to 3 years tops. Louisville had their first losing season under Petrino and now hiring a coach who has 3 Moore wins than Tom Allen in a weaker division. How about you let one of Allen’s recruiting classes get to be upperclassmen?

Reactions: channi
You’ll come around to see the small time operation Fred is running here. Two bad hires. They need to clean house. Fred included. Awful mismanagement of a P5 program. New blood needed all around. No meaningless slogans or stupid PR. Get coaches in here that know what they are doing.
How is Archie a bad hire? Please, enlighten me....

IU basketball is not at the bottom of the power 5 schools. Sure, IU football hasn't done very well. But, to say that IU basketball and IU football are the same is just f****** stupid, as is calling for Archie's head after 1.1 years.

Go give Stevens a boombox serenade: he's already said no, but knock yourself out. Maybe Glass should go ask Donovan if he was sure when he turned IU down.

Yeah, that was a dumb post.

Kansas hiring Les Miles is joke... he will be gone in 2 to 3 years tops. Louisville had their first losing season under Petrino and now hiring a coach who has 3 Moore wins than Tom Allen in a weaker division. How about you let one of Allen’s recruiting classes get to be upperclassmen?
I’m not advocating for Allen to be gone. I just have no idea what Glass wants to do here, and whether the BoT wants to step in as they did with Crean.

Unprepared. Has talent. Will underachieve. Sloppy play. Undisciplined. Love he cut the turnovers down by 2 last game. DWS.
Two coaches in over their head leading the two big programs.
It is pretty amazing that you can come to this conclusion after 1.1 years, seeing is how it is impossible to do so. Let's see how the games play out, chief. No team is going to be where they should be after 6 games.

You really think Archie wasn't an up and coming coach with a nice resume prior to being hired?

Come back with this post after Archie and squad get run out of the gym by half the conference. His team looks bad right now. Poorly coached and sloppy. This will go down as another awful year in the two major men’s sports.
You mean the team that as been without 6 of their players for some of the games. This not only affects the games but as well as you preparation in practice when you don't have 5 or 6 players practicing.

Not so sure that Brohm is going to Louisville. Pretty strong comments after the game today to his team and the media.
Coaches always emphatically say they are staying until they aren't. There's talking and there's walking.

You’ll come around to see the small time operation Fred is running here. Two bad hires. They need to clean house. Fred included. Awful mismanagement of a P5 program. New blood needed all around. No meaningless slogans or stupid PR. Get coaches in here that know what they are doing.
My vote for the dumbest of the year.

So you can’t come up with one school? I said the two combined are the worst. Usually schools are at least good at one or the other.
I can come up with plenty of power 5 schools that are worse than IU's basketball program. How much time do you have? To say that IU basketball is the same as IU football is beyond stupid.

Feel free to state at any time who IU should have hired other than Archie. If you don't like Glass, fine. But, Archie was a good hire by any rational, informed opinion.

Reactions: coachv jr
Do you not understand my point or are you just not going to touch it? My point is not about either individually, it’s about both combined. You can’t be bad at both as AD. Kansas has basketball, Northwestern has football...we have neither.

And Glass was here for almost a decade before Archie arrived. 4 NCAATs in 10 years.

Archie is unknown. He was the easy, safe hire but no homerun. Still TBD how he does.
I'm not going to dignify that stupid scenario with a response. It is much easier to find success with IU basketball than IU football. IU is historically at the top of the food chain in the Big 10 and the bottom in football.

Should Glass have acted sooner in canning Crean? Duh. However, there isn't much more he can do to encourage IU's basketball success at this point and time. He made a good hire, Archie did pretty much everything he could last year, and IU has a promising year this year.

Listening to the post game call in show and they said this last 4 years has been one of the most successful 4 year stint in IU history. 2 6-7 seasons and 2 5-7 seasons is one of the most successful stints is a sad commentary on the history of IU football. Also off the top of my head some of the worse programs in the power 5 conference I would think Oregon St. and Washington St would be up there as well as Rutgers. Also if you look at the entire sports programs at IU they finished in the top 15 in the Capital one cup last year in men's sports.

You lost because your football team is weak
I'm not going to dignify that stupid scenario with a response. It is much easier to find success with IU basketball than IU football. IU is historically at the top of the food chain in the Big 10 and the bottom in football.

Should Glass have acted sooner in canning Crean? Duh. However, there isn't much more he can do to encourage IU's basketball success at this point and time. He made a good hire, Archie did pretty much everything he could last year, and IU has a promising year this year.
if he can get some healthy bodies. They were very impressive against Marquette who was higher rated at game time

Who cares if he leaves? He’s accomplished more in 2 years than we have in 30. And he would leave them in a great position. Just go hire another good young coach IF he leaves.
He is 13-12 in two years and Allen is 10-14 so that is not a great disparity. Some of you act like he is the Next Bear Bryant and had all of this big time success but he had to win his last game the last 2 years to get to a bowl game.

Allen is the guy believe me. He just has to get the right Co ordinater on offense and step back from the D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT