ADVERTISEMENT

Complete 2018 class with......

You can do that without being pass first though.
I probably shouldn't of used pass first, rather a true point guard. We need someone who knows how to initiate an offense and can set up his teamates. Something we desperately need. If we sign Phinisee, we will have that need. Josh Newkirk will fill that role this season, but we have no one after that. Everyone else are combo guards.

I will forever remember that game for Cody Zeller flashing to the open spot in the zone at the FT line, shot faking and trying to drive - with horrible results.

Several of us were screaming at the TV "Just take the jumper!!" Cody could hit that shot all day long. But IMHO he had been told to drive to try to get 'Cuse into foul trouble. Only trouble that came from that was a #1 seed going down.
It was clear CTC had them charging in to draw fouls, a big part of his game plans. I figured the refs got tired of being used and didn't favor us with their calls.

Last edited:
I probably shouldn't of used pass first, rather a true point guard. We need someone who knows how to initiate an offense and can set up his teamates. Something we desperately need. If we sign Phinisee, we will have that need. Josh Newkirk will fill that role this season, but we have no one after that. Everyone else are combo guards.
I don't think phinnissee is a IU level player.

Rabs and Brian did.

I was in chat right after his visit and they both said they expected a verbal right after it because their sources said Kris was "blown away" by the visit.

They never said they expected a verbal. They said IU was in a good spot but changed their tune a couple days later. They always said UCLA was strong the whole time.

They never said they expected a verbal. They said IU was in a good spot but changed their tune a couple days later. They always said UCLA was strong the whole time.

You're flat out lying.

Period.

They were blown away at the UCLA interest and said they NEVER THOUGHT he'd go away that far.

Snow also bragged he knew Wilkes "SO WELL" the kid would NEVER announce on ESPN and keep it "low key" and just do it on Twitter. He was wrong about that too.

There's a reason why they don't allow transcripts of their chat sessions.....so their crap like this can't be thrown back in their faces.

You're flat out lying.

Period.

They were blown away at the UCLA interest and said they NEVER THOUGHT he'd go away that far.

Snow also bragged he knew Wilkes "SO WELL" the kid would NEVER announce on ESPN and keep it "low key" and just do it on Twitter. He was wrong about that too.

There's a reason why they don't allow transcripts of their chat sessions.....so their crap like this can't be thrown back in their faces.

So many capital letters and bitterness

Reactions: jimmygoiu
So many capital letters and bitterness

I'm not bitter.....I'm laughing at all the Peegs-apologists.

Rabs and Snow bragged and bragged and bragged how TIGHT they were with the Wilkes family.....making it sound like he tucked him into bed every night.

Yet, they were dead wrong on everything they reported/predicted when it came to him.

In 20 years, has Peegs EVER broken a story? Ever? Every single big story has been in the national media first. And their recruiting picks have been WAY off MANY times......like the Wilkes one.

Not only that, every single interview with a player.....100% of them....are the exact same. All you have to do is swap out the names.

I'm not bitter.....I'm laughing at all the Peegs-apologists.

Rabs and Snow bragged and bragged and bragged how TIGHT they were with the Wilkes family.....making it sound like he tucked him into bed every night.

Yet, they were dead wrong on everything they reported/predicted when it came to him.

In 20 years, has Peegs EVER broken a story? Ever? Every single big story has been in the national media first. And their recruiting picks have been WAY off MANY times......like the Wilkes one.

Not only that, every single interview with a player.....100% of them....are the exact same. All you have to do is swap out the names.
Well, I enjoy Peegs, Rabby and Snow a lot more than other IU sites. I subscribed to both of these sites, and Peegs is by far the best. You can hate on Peegs, and be a Creaniac, but that's your mess.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Well, I enjoy Peegs, Rabby and Snow a lot more than other IU sites. I subscribed to both of these sites, and Peegs is by far the best. You can hate on Peegs, and be a Creaniac, but that's your mess.

I've ripped Crean more than almost anyone so it looks like you love to make things up.....no wonder you think Peegs is awesome.

Peegs and Rabs were nothing but a mouth piece for Crean and the AD . They didn't have the fortitude or integrity to report the program accurately but instead played sycophant for access. .. I don't respect propagandists and that's exactly what they were.

Last edited:
What makes you so sure? Also I don't think Phinisee is very good. Also pass first pg? Why do we need that? It's not 1970
I know how the adjustments to teh rules have effected some play, but the reality still remains that there are 5 players playing on a team at a given time and 4 of those players don't have the ball. When those four are primary options to score as opposed to the one with the ball, the chemistry is better and the options increased. I wouldn't say it was 1970s, but merely state a distributor is not as key as years ago...but still a key.

I know how the adjustments to teh rules have effected some play, but the reality still remains that there are 5 players playing on a team at a given time and 4 of those players don't have the ball. When those four are primary options to score as opposed to the one with the ball, the chemistry is better and the options increased. I wouldn't say it was 1970s, but merely state a distributor is not as key as years ago...but still a key.
Style of play is different today. The best pg's are high scorers in today's game

Style of play is different today. The best pg's are high scorers in today's game

okay, and as I said the rules reduce the D and almost eliminate double teams with ball screens and so the emphasis has shifted somewhat, but we still have four guys without the ball and they are either the primary option (4 of them ) or not. Fundamentally, that doesn't change.

Should one debate the merits of each approach I suppose it centers on whether 4 players without the ball should be the primary receivers or 4 players without the ball being the secondary choice in the purest of sense knowing full well that it is somewhere in between. Consequently a legitimate debate on offensive efficiency, team chemistry and ultimately winning, could center on how much scoring you want out of the dominating ball handler. I think it has shifted some, but think there are existing reasons to rein it in..and if they ever let you guard someone again on the perimeter we will see much less ball screens or dribble drive offenses and lower scoring from the pg.

okay, and as I said the rules reduce the D and almost eliminate double teams with ball screens and so the emphasis has shifted somewhat, but we still have four guys without the ball and they are either the primary option (4 of them ) or not. Fundamentally, that doesn't change.

Should one debate the merits of each approach I suppose it centers on whether 4 players without the ball should be the primary receivers or 4 players without the ball being the secondary choice in the purest of sense knowing full well that it is somewhere in between. Consequently a legitimate debate on offensive efficiency, team chemistry and ultimately winning, could center on how much scoring you want out of the dominating ball handler. I think it has shifted some, but think there are existing reasons to rein it in..and if they ever let you guard someone again on the perimeter we will see much less ball screens or dribble drive offenses and lower scoring from the pg.
Ok I'm just saying the old school set up the offense pg is a thing if the past. Especially in the NBA...curry, Irving, Isaiah Thomas, Lilliard, lowery, Westbrook...today's game needs pg's that run the break, penetrate and finish and knock down the trail 3.

Also as a Pu fan would you rather have PJ Thompson. Setting up your half court slowed down offense or frank mason pushing the ball and finishing?

Ok I'm just saying the old school set up the offense pg is a thing if the past. Especially in the NBA...curry, Irving, Isaiah Thomas, Lilliard, lowery, Westbrook...today's game needs pg's that run the break, penetrate and finish and knock down the trail 3.

Also as a Pu fan would you rather have PJ Thompson. Setting up your half court slowed down offense or frank mason pushing the ball and finishing?
First, I don't watch the NBA and haven't for several years. My issue is not who or who may not be teh better player and/or supporting cast. My thoughts are that it appears to me that it makes a whole lot more sense to have a PG that looks to the other four first as opposed to later. Now, would I want that PG to also be able to create for himself and be effective doing so...absolutely who wouldn't? PJ can't create for himself Mason can. Would I prefer for Mason to do what PJ does in running an offense without turnovers and still be able to score when needed? Yes, I would prefer he do that over being the primary scorer and the other four be secondary. The issue isn't that Mason's scoring amount was what made Kansas good, but that he was capable (as were many on that team ) of scoring on his own when things broke down and he had a lot of talent with him on a given night. I'm strictly looking at the theory...absent any particular ballplayers. I also admit the rules ENHANCE (can't guard on the perimeter, reduced shot clock, 3 pt shot) scoring PGs than years ago and lean more favorable than they did years ago. Still, I want a PG that involves teh others, but capable of making the individual play when needed...secondary.

That is my preference, but as you know...I'm older and perhaps biased in my understandings...

First, I don't watch the NBA and haven't for several years. My issue is not who or who may not be teh better player and/or supporting cast. My thoughts are that it appears to me that it makes a whole lot more sense to have a PG that looks to the other four first as opposed to later. Now, would I want that PG to also be able to create for himself and be effective doing so...absolutely who wouldn't? PJ can't create for himself Mason can. Would I prefer for Mason to do what PJ does in running an offense without turnovers and still be able to score when needed? Yes, I would prefer he do that over being the primary scorer and the other four be secondary. The issue isn't that Mason's scoring amount was what made Kansas good, but that he was capable (as were many on that team ) of scoring on his own when things broke down and he had a lot of talent with him on a given night. I'm strictly looking at the theory...absent any particular ballplayers. I also admit the rules ENHANCE (can't guard on the perimeter, reduced shot clock, 3 pt shot) scoring PGs than years ago and lean more favorable than they did years ago. Still, I want a PG that involves teh others, but capable of making the individual play when needed...secondary.

That is my preference, but as you know...I'm older and perhaps biased in my understandings...
This is the case for top pg's. They still create for others as well as provide a high level scoring option.

Reactions: tjreese
You're flat out lying.

Period.

This is funny. They never said anything close to what you're claiming. It's funny because you're completely off base, like not even in the same ball park with what they were saying. Some POSTERS said things like that, but Peegs, Jeff or Brian never did.

This is funny. They never said anything close to what you're claiming. It's funny because you're completely off base, like not even in the same ball park with what they were saying. Some POSTERS said things like that, but Peegs, Jeff or Brian never did.

Wrong.

Lol. Sure pal. Multiple people have told you the statements you've made are completely ridiculous and totally incorrect.

I don't give a flying crap how many people tell me it didn't happen. I was on the chats and saw it with my own eyes.

Snow bragged and bragged and bragged and BRAGGED how CLOSE he was with the family and that everyone should listen to HIM and NOBODY else (Rabs was almost as bad).

And he couldn't have been more wrong on EVERYTHING that came to Kris if he tried......including the fact that right after that trip, he was basically creaming his jeans that Kris was ours. That's why so many posters repeated it and got so excited.

It was only AFTER other sources said that story was BS did he start back-tracking and whining, "Things changed."

Like I said, there's a reason why Peegs refuses to allow people to access those chats afterwards: he doesn't want a paper trail of all the claims by his "inside reporters."

They've been dead wrong on virtually everything and have never ONCE broken a story. Ever.

Yet people like you slobber all over them for their "great intel."

It's beyond hilarious.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Oh......and both Rabs and Snow would bet their lives that Billy never visited IU even though some people would bet their souls he did.

So, who knows who is right on that? Based on Peegs' past accuracy rate, Billy probably had a kegger at 5 frat houses and Peegs' "inside guys" just missed it.

This is the case for top pg's. They still create for others as well as provide a high level scoring option.
...and they would under any coach and system. That is my point. If PJ could do more on his own, he would because he could. Still, the direction would be to involve the others as a primary choice. A PG that can score on his own is sorta like a QB that runs an option in that he controls a lot of the game. With the shot clock and increased posessions, the role of a defensive player only is less than years ago. I don't think we really disagree that much...I just see a distributor in style today and not relegated to the 70s...but he needs to be a threat today like he needed to back then.

I don't give a flying crap how many people tell me it didn't happen. I was on the chats and saw it with my own eyes.

Snow bragged and bragged and bragged and BRAGGED how CLOSE he was with the family and that everyone should listen to HIM and NOBODY else (Rabs was almost as bad).

And he couldn't have been more wrong on EVERYTHING that came to Kris if he tried......including the fact that right after that trip, he was basically creaming his jeans that Kris was ours. That's why so many posters repeated it and got so excited.

It was only AFTER other sources said that story was BS did he start back-tracking and whining, "Things changed."

Like I said, there's a reason why Peegs refuses to allow people to access those chats afterwards: he doesn't want a paper trail of all the claims by his "inside reporters."

They've been dead wrong on virtually everything and have never ONCE broken a story. Ever.

Yet people like you slobber all over them for their "great intel."

It's beyond hilarious.
Well you may have been there, but you must have been drunk or something because your recollection of what was said couldn't be further from the truth.

...and they would under any coach and system. That is my point. If PJ could do more on his own, he would because he could. Still, the direction would be to involve the others as a primary choice. A PG that can score on his own is sorta like a QB that runs an option in that he controls a lot of the game. With the shot clock and increased posessions, the role of a defensive player only is less than years ago. I don't think we really disagree that much...I just see a distributor in style today and not relegated to the 70s...but he needs to be a threat today like he needed to back then.
Ok

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT