ADVERTISEMENT

Coming attractions

Thanks for the response. A negative IU response to this change would set the course for irrelevancy on the national scene and pursuit of Omaha. I seriously question how many schools in the B1G will join Wisconsin and pass. I understand some won’t want to spend more than 1 million extra annually on baseball. If I understand the proposal correctly it allows schools to elect to go up these new caps, and it would not have to be a conference wide position. If that is correct I would at least expect USC, UCLA, Michigan, O$U, and ironically PSU to invest. If IU does not they will play with the leftovers of hs mid west talent.

It is my hope AD Dolson will issue an encouraging statement soon. The announcement of this change coming and no position from IU would IMO impact the replacement of Coach Simmons, the question marks in the ‘24 class actually coming to campus, and could hollow out the ‘25 class which now stands as a better class than ‘24, i.e probably the best overall class ever. At my age color me anxious.

Thanks for the response. A negative IU response to this change would set the course for irrelevancy on the national scene and pursuit of Omaha. I seriously question how many schools in the B1G will join Wisconsin and pass. I understand some won’t want to spend more than 1 million extra annually on baseball. If I understand the proposal correctly it allows schools to elect to go up these new caps, and it would not have to be a conference wide position. If that is correct I would at least expect USC, UCLA, Michigan, O$U, and ironically PSU to invest. If IU does not they will play with the leftovers of hs mid west talent.

It is my hope AD Dolson will issue an encouraging statement soon. The announcement of this change coming and no position from IU would IMO impact the replacement of Coach Simmons, the question marks in the ‘24 class actually coming to campus, and could hollow out the ‘25 class which now stands as a better class than ‘24, i.e probably the best overall class ever. At my age color me anxious.
If McRobbie were still around, I would be more anxious but I'm hoping President Whitten is more in tune with the overall Athletic picture. I am hoping she would encourage Dolson and staff to support the efforts towards continuing success in Baseball and Softball as well. I would hate to see these Programs go by the wayside. I really enjoy watching and rooting for IU'S Base/Soft Ball teams.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT