ADVERTISEMENT

Comedy classics for kids?

El Drado

Junior
Apr 14, 2011
Trying to show my kids some comedy classics, but i forgot that they made movies a little different back then.
I had them watch Spaceballs. My wife didn't think it was a good idea, but went a long with it...turns out when she went to check on them Rick Moranis yells "get out of my way, you fat bearded b!tch"
Tried TeenWolf...guess 6 yr olds shouldn't be watching that either....
Did they just make movies different back then?....movie suggestions would be appreciated. NO DISNEY SHIT

Trying to show my kids some comedy classics, but i forgot that they made movies a little different back then.
I had them watch Spaceballs. My wife didn't think it was a good idea, but went a long with it...turns out when she went to check on them Rick Moranis yells "get out of my way, you fat bearded b!tch"
Did they just make movies different back then?....movie suggestions would be appreciated. NO DISNEY SHIT

3 stooges/ little rascals

Reactions: UncleMark
My kids loved Princess Bride. That's pretty clean and has some things that they could glom onto. "Inconceivable!"
Babe, Charlottes Web, Muppet Movie, Around the world in 80 days, The great race, Nutty Professor, Flubber, Mrs Doubtfire, pee wee's big adventure, sandlot, beetlejuice, Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, Planes trains and automobiles

Edit: I forgot about the "wipe that effing smile off your effing face" scene in the airport. Maybe not planes trains and automobiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: thezinfan1

6yo's is tough, that's been a long time. Unfortunately I think you're going to be hard pressed not to watch Disney stuff at that age, but the good news is most of it's pretty well done. Not comedy, but ET would probably hold their attention. Then a lot of the animated stuff: Toy Story, Cars, Lion King, etc... I guess they've watched all those? Scooby Doo? I wanted to show my kids some of my favorites, so I found some old Johnny Quest episodes online. I couldn't believe how violent they were. He and Race Bannon were blasting a slew of turban-headed brown people from about 5' away.

Last edited:
Why comedy?

How about The Wizard of Oz?

Or maybe episodes of The Lone Ranger? Or Sgt. Preston? Lassie?

Leave It To Beaver... Andy Griffith... Petticoat Junction... Hogan's Heroes... Get Smart...

Tell your wife to CTFO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT